Heart beats

By Don_is01

Life gave its worse side to Luna all at once, having to deal with her fathers failing health and their financ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Author's note.
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Author's note!
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 2

8.7K 262 23
By Don_is01

*Luna*

Whew! Sneaking outta my apartment made me a nervous wreck, thank God my pervert of a landlord didn't see me.
     Right now I'm gonna go get my dad from the hospital and head over to mama Brenda's house. Mama Brenda has been great help with dad. He's been staying at her place ever since his sickness took a toll on him. She went to visit her sister in New Jersey but was back in New York as at last night.
     To be honest I have a feeling that my dad and mama Brenda are having a secret affair, I mean, she let him move into her home, she takes good care of him with all her heart, never allowing me get worried about anything. My work at the mini restaurant close to my apartment frustrates me, well I mean the pay frustrates me. But I make sure I support mama Brenda anyway I can. I mean she takes care of my dad
     Getting off the bus I made my way towards  the hospital. It was a short stroll from the bus stop.
     "Hello Luna"
     "Gabby! "
    "Dad's getting discharged today huh"
    "Uhuh"
Just so you know, Gabby's the nice hospital receptionist.
I stroll into my dad's room and see he's wide awake, anddd, beat boxing. Smh

      "Daddy"
      "Hi princess! I've been expecting you, gosh get me ouuta here straight to Brenda's "
       "Yeah right. You didn't even ask how I was, all you wanna do is go see Brenda. I wonder why? "
       I teased my dad as I gave him a hug. He chuckled deeply in my ear
       "Stay out of grown folks business lil girl"
       "Lol. Okay daddy"
       "Miss Deshawn! Good morning."
       "Oh Doctor. I didn't see you come in. Good morning and thank you so much for taking care of my dad"
       "Oh common, its my job to take care of him, and also keep you happy "
He gave me flirtatious smirk. Wtf is going on. Nigga if you wanted me happy my bank account should be heavy. Stupid.
      "Okay Dr. Dean, where do I sign"

I had to be patient with my dad as I supported him to the bus stop.
       "I'd burst those useless balls of his"
       "Daddy! Oh my gosh"
My dad is still pissed at the fact that Dean was tryna make advances. Oh this old man wouldn't let it go
       "Daddy please just ignore it, gosh you think I wasn't annoyed please don't -
       "Luna? "
What the...is that who I think it is. I must be dreaming
       "Rameek?"

He smiled immediately and stepped out of one of the fanciest whips I've ever seen. Jeez Rameek. He wrapped his long arms around my small frame as I wrapped mine around his torso. God did this nigga smell good.
       "Lil Luna I cannot believe this is you, oh Mr. Dashawn long time no see pops, how you been"
   I giggled at Rameek
        "You're just as disrespectful as your damn father "
        "Common Kirk that's your damn best friend"
        "Whatever, don't be hugging on my little girl like that. And I'm fine thank you, what's your skinny ass doing here anyway? "
       Ugh why is my father the way he is.
Rolling my eyes I interrupted their conversation.
       "Meeky I thought you were in Atlanta. Are you back to NYC to visit or stay?
       "Common Lu, you still gonna be calling me that" he gave a mug
       "I'm here to stay girl. I've been around for two weeks now. I'm here to work tho. I bet you missed me huh? "
I laughed at his corny self. He hadn't changed one bit.
       "That's amazing Meeky. And yes I have missed you bruh"
       "Quit this chit chat and get me to Brenda's place, you children get on my nerve"
       Quickly Rameek offered to give us a ride, so I told him the address. I haven't been in a car this awesome before. We got to Brenda's house in good time and she and my dad  were suspiciously too happy about it. After getting him settled,  Rameek and I got talking to catch up. Rameek is my dad's best friend's so, I saw him as a big brother and I was a younger sister to him. I told him about dad's health and my financial issues.
       "I just need a better job Meeky"
He wrapped his arm around my shoulder to comfort me, cos I had gotten sad.
       "I'm here for you Lu, anything you need, whatever amou-"
      "No Meek, I dont wanna do that. I can fend for myself. If you could just help me get a better job"
Rameek thought for some time, before a smile came across his face.
       "Lu, today might just be your lucky day. Common let's go say goodbye, we have a job to go get"
I squealed excited, as I quickly ran to let my dad and mama Brenda know I was leaving.
      Rameek and I got into his car and left for the "job" we were going to get. I was beyond excited.
      "Wait Rameek, what's this job exactly?"
       "You can throw it down in the kitchen right? "
I scrunches up my face. "Well yeahh. Are you taking me to another restaurant when I just quit working at one? "
Rameek let out a short, deep laughter and shook his head
       "You're gonna be my friends cook. He asked to get him one yesterday after he arrived"
        "I see"
I kept my response short. I just hoped whoever this friend was better be ready to pay me my worth, cos the kitchen is where I stay undefeated plus, I'm really tired of this financial mess I'm in. I need to pay dad's medical bills to.
       "Omg, who's house is this? "
I was in awe at the mansion we finally stopped at. Rameek was allowed to go through the gate without being asked any questions by the security, so I'm guessing they know him or something?
        "Let's hope we can get you this job Lu, come on let's go in"
I couldn't help but admire this house. It screamed money!
Rameek walked in and I followed behind him. Seeing the interior of the house was about to get me emotional. Beautiful.
        "Aye Lu, lemme go get him from upstairs. Just sit and make yourself comfortable "
I nodded at Meek and sat on the rather expensive looking couch. Once Rameek's footsteps couldn't be heard again I decided to look around. This house was perfect. The furniture was unique. I touched the little China cupid that was placed on a tall glass stool. It looked hilarious, yet cute.
      "Yo what the fuck"
In fear I turned around instantly looking from where that baritone voice came from. But clumsy Luna had to drop the cupid on the floor, causing it to shatter in pieces. In a state of fear and shock I couldn't help it but to admire the fallen angel standing at the end of the staircase. I feel corny for saying such in my head.
       "I'm so so sorry"

*Jamari*

Rameek came into my room waking me up from my very needed siesta. This nigga be wildin. I asked him if he could get me a cook, cos I can't cook to save my life. Rameek has always been trustworthy, he has my cook downstairs.
I quickly slip on some grey sweat pants and a white tee, cos I slept in my briefs.
      Jogging downstairs I head into my living room only to see a lady snooping around. She must be stupid or something, is she forreal? But then look at that ass tho...bullshit.
       "Yo what the fuck"
The lady turned around and my dick was about to jump. Is Rameek crazy! I said get me a cook not some pretty Instagram model. This nigga. I heard something break and I realized she dropped something. Clumsy much I see
       "I'm so so sorry "
Wow. Amazing vocals. But I don't give damn about some baby voice
       "You with Rameek right? "
       "Y-yeah. I'm really sorry sir "
  I ignored her apology.
       "You've not even started working here and you tryna move my stuff"
I watched her face as it's expression gave me anger vibes. Damn, she's beautiful.
       "Excuse me sir, but I would not have you disrespect me. You think I wanna steal from you? You're ridiculous "
Oh someone is hot headed I see. Well

I'm not tolerating none of that.
       "Shut your mouth girl, who you think you talking to? Don't get smart with me now, I'm not the one looking for a job. Nor money. As you can see rich is my name, don't test me"
She seemed to be shocked but she composed herself after rolling her eyes. Hoes be wildin.
        "Why are you guys starring at each other that way?"
Rameek was now downstairs after using my bathroom. He eyed me suspiciously. I shook my head at him and walked towards the couch to take my seat and watch some TV.
       "You here for the job right? "
She nodded
       "Well make yourself useful. Go make me some lunch. Be easy with the garlic, that's the kitchen door. You cook me something nasty, you're outta here"

       "Don't be rude loser, come on the girl just got here. She's dear to me don't make me fuck you up Bruh"
I looked at this nigga like he crazy. Must be one of his hoes he brought, she probably needed a job like crazy, gold digging hoe. That's all they're after. Big cheques.
I watched her hips sway as she walked towards the kitchen. So thick.
       "Ouch, nigga what" I rubbed on the back of my head where Rameek smacked.
       "Don't look at her like that"
       "Whatever. Aye don't mess my kitchen up! " I yelled to the "cook"
       "She got a name you know. Its Luna"
Rameek scoffed. Aiit its definitely his hoe. Pretty miss Luna.

Rameek and I we're so into the game we were playing, we didn't even know when Luna walked in.
      "Uhm I made some fried chicken, macaroni and cheese with stewed greens, there's some apple juice too. "
The food smell so damn good. Rameek rushes to grab his, that dude is always hungry.
As I started eating, I couldn't stop. What did she put in this food. I could feel it bless my soul. I looked up to see her nervously bite her fingernails.
       "You hired. Come early by 7am everyday unless I tell you otherwise, look neat and decent, monthly pay of $10,000".
       "Omg! Are you joking? No you can't be joking, thank you very much sir! "
       "Jamari"
       "Thank you very much Jamari."
Why does her smile have to be that cute? I notice her smile wider, then I notice she's looking at Rakeem as he winks at her. You gotta be shittin me right now. They're retarded.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 1.4K 60
Dior and Amir cross paths over and over again. Sometimes love seems inevitable, sometimes it seems meant to be, and sometimes things are just suppose...
18.1K 813 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...
5.2K 215 39
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
56.8K 2.3K 28
a ja morant fanfic. © minxarchive 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟑 ❛ No matter what happens or what we go through, we gotta stick together ❜