Just Like Magic (Cedric Diggo...

By HarryPotterSaysHi

This story is not mine what so ever it's just a fanfiction I read that I liked that was on fanficion.net, and... More

Chapter 1: Comfort
Chapter 2: Nerves
Chapter 3: Caring
Chapter 4: Infatuation
Chapter 5: Jealousy
Chapter 6: Truth
Chapter 7: Honesty
Chapter 8: Hurt
Chapter 9: Changes
Chapter 10: Homesick
Chapter 11: Nightmares
Chapter 12: Expressions
Chapter 13: Revaltions
Chapter 14: Tough
Chapter 15: Interference
Chapter 16: Lies
Chapter 17: Disloyalty
Chapter 18: Need
Chapter 19: Joy
Chapter 20: Surprised
Chapter 21: Happiness
Chapter 22: Natural
Chapter 23: Worshipped
Chapter 24: Worry
Chapter 25: Revenge
Chapter 26: Hopeless
Chapter 27: Home
Chapter 28: Vain
Chapter 29: Weakness
Chapter 31: Drunk
Chapter 32: Fire
Chapter 33: Luck
Chapter 34: Identical
Chapter 35: Wedding
Chapter 36: Cobwebs
Chapter 37: Splinched
Chapter 38: Rain
Chapter 39: Christmas
Chapter 40: Lovegood
Chapter 41: Twist
Chapter 42: Domino
Chapter 43: Brave
Chapter 44: Bliss

Chapter 30: Separated

924 26 1
By HarryPotterSaysHi

My eyes opened and I realized I was in a tiny cot on the top floor of the Burrow. I surveyed my surrounding and noticed Cedric sleeping soundly on a nearby cot, his snores echoing through the dim room. Light was slowly making its way up through the darkness and I let the moment fill me up.

We had rescued Sirius.

Harry was going to have his Godfather back.

I released a satisfying breath and quietly wandered down to the bottom floor of the Burrow. There was a slight chill in the air and I was thankful for whoever had placed me in these blue cotton pajamas bottoms even if I was wearing a tank top to match it. As I made my way down I steadied myself by leaning against the tiny railing. My body still felt weak like all the energy had been drained for me. It made sense since I had basically almost been pulled into death. What had I expected?

Low whispers could be heard from the Weasley's kitchen and as my foot landed on the last with a creak it abruptly stopped. Five worn faces turned towards me. Mrs. Weasley immediately bustled towards me.

"Hermione, dear, what are you doing up this early?"

A quick yawn escaped me and I smiled. "I'm up now." I scanned the faces. "What's going on?"

"Here have a seat you must be exhausted. I'll get you a cup of tea."

She helped me over to the chair no doubt noticing the way I had leaned on the railing for support. I smiled at her in thanks and she patted my shoulder and went over to the counter to pour me a spot of tea. I looked over at the faces at the table. Mr. Weasley, Lupin, Sirius, and Tonks all turned towards me and I felt as if I was being evaluated.

"Did I miss something?" I asked feeling self-conscious. "Is Harry okay?"

It was Sirius who answered. "My godson," he smiled, "is currently on his way over here. Perfectly safe and completely unaware of my presence."

"Who's bringing him over?"

Lupin spoke. "Dumbledore. Seems Harry has been careless this summer and with all that's been happening in the Muggle world, Dumbledore wanted to escort him."

I nodded. Of course, I hadn't been oblivious to the things happening in the muggle world. My world. The Death Eaters had attacked Millennium Bridge in broad daylight among other things. The bridge had fallen into the Thames the very place where Cedric and I had our first real date. It was craziness and I had to put it behind me in order to have my focus on the mission Cedric and I had put on ourselves.

Mrs. Weasley set down my tea and sat near her husband. I took a sip of my tea feeling it beginning to wake up my insides. Then Mr. Weasley stated, "And Ollivanders missing."

I nearly spit out my tea. "What?"

"The Death Eaters have him."

"This is bad, isn't it?" No one answered but they didn't have to. "They're infiltrating."

Lupin responded. "We're afraid so. That was how you and Mr. Diggory were discovered. There are Death Eaters within the Ministry. They were alerted to your presence and swarmed the place."

"We were foolish. We should've been more careful. I should've done a Polyjuice Potion."

Sirius stood from his place across the table and walked towards me and lowered to my level. "You, Miss Granger, are anything but foolish. I meant what I said three years ago."

My eyes down casted and I nodded. He returned to his seat and I excused myself to go and brush my teeth. I must have been lost in my own world for I didn't notice Cedric come up behind me and place his arms on my hips until he lightly pressed his lips to my neck.

"Morning, beautiful." He whispered against the softness of my skin. "How are you feeling?"

I leaned over and spit into the sink before washing it out with a handful of water. I swished it in my mouth and spit once again and wiped my mouth on the guest towel. As my eyes met Cedric's in the mirror I couldn't take it. I turned in his arms and crashed my lips to his. We had nearly died several hours ago and I needed him to know how much I loved him. Needed him. He had fought hard to keep my alive and when I was weak he fought to for me to keep my strength. His tongue traced along my bottom lip and I granted him access, moaning as we made contact.

After what seemed like days we pulled apart. Cedric was smiling down at me, beautifully. "Minty."

I slapped him playfully. "Oh, shush."

A squeak of an owl alerts breaks out play and we each turn our heads towards the door.

"Harry!" We both scream happily.

I race out the bathroom door to see Harry removing Ginny from his arms. Without hesitation I throw myself at him and crash my body to him. To see him there and be able to touch him and know he was safe was about all I could ask for. I was bursting with the need to tell him Sirius was okay but I held back.

As soon as I released him Cedric greeted him with a warm hug before stepping back and turning towards me to allow Mrs. Weasley a turn. Cedric smiled at me and light brushed the side of my mouth.

"You've got a bit of..." He gestures to the stray lace of toothpaste on my chin and I quickly wipe it off and gave him a warning look. He ignored it and kissed the spot instead. "I may have a new favorite flavor."

"Behave yourself." I warned.

I heard footsteps come from behind me and a smile lit up my face. I turned towards Harry to catch the full effect. He released Ron and turned in the direction of the noise and did a double take. It appeared he didn't know whether to be happy or confused.

"H-How are you? W-When d-did you? What's going on?" He asked.

Sirius stepped forward and held his godson at arm's length. "You have some true friends around you, Harry. I suggest you never let them go."

"You're back for real?" He looked around the room. "He is for real right?"

I nestled into Cedric's side. "He's real, Harry."

The two embraced in a tight hug and we all felt like we were intruding on a moment. Quietly we all escaped to the kitchen to allow the two a moment alone. It was only seconds later that Harry burst in and ran towards me pulling me into his arms.

"Thank you." He whispered. "Thank you for doing this for me."

A tear slid down my cheek. "You needed him, Harry. And he needs you."

"You've already done so much for me without hesitation."

I clung to his shirt. "You're my best friend."

"You're more than that to me, Hermione. You're a sister to me."

My lips kissed the side of his cheek and I let him go as I wiped at my eye. "Go to him. You have a lot to catch up on. We'll meet you upstairs when you're finished."

He nodded and turned to Cedric. "Thank you, too, Cedric."

"You deserve it. Enjoy it."

Harry smiled and then turned and sprinted towards the front door to join his Godfather. The look of elation as Harry left was more than enough to make up for all the trials this task had caused.
------------------------
Harry, Ron, Cedric and I were in the attack in front of a magic-made fire that was burning a useless copy of The Daily Prophet in blue flames. Harry had discussed his time with Sirius and I related what I could remember from the night we rescued him. Harry had been so grateful. He spoke more of their plans for the future. They wanted to move someone sunny far away from the danger and darkness that had surrounded them both. Eventually we fell into an awkward silence.

Then Harry asked, "When'd you get here?"

"Last night." I answered and then looked at Ron. He had already filled me in on the troubles that had been going on in the Weasley household prior to our arrival. Harry, of course, didn't miss a thing.

"What happened?"

Ron sighed. "Mum sort of lost it last week. Said Ginny and I had no business going back to Hogwarts. That it's too... dangerous."

"Oh, come on..." Harry groaned.

I stepped in. "She's not alone. There's a lot going on, Harry." To myself I was thinking of the fact that the Death Eaters were already in the Ministry.

"Anyway..." Ron continued. "Dad stepped in, told her she was being barmy. Took a day or two, but she came around."

"But we're talking about Hogwarts." Harry stated. "Dumbledore. What could be safer?"

Cedric, Ron and I exchanged a look. Cedric spoke. "There's been a lot of chatter lately. According to my Mum and Dad. There saying he's gotten... old."

"Rubbish!" Harry scoffed. "He's only..."

"A hundred a fifty." Ron joked, "Give or take a few years."

There was a brief silence before we all broke out into laughter. No one said anything about the laughter being forced.
------------------------
"Step up! Step! We've got Fainting Fancy..."

"Nosebleed Nougats..."

"And just in time for school..."

"Puking Pastilles!"

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. After the stunt with Umbridge the twins had made quite a name for themselves. I walked hand in hand with Cedric around the bright and colorful store that didn't match the gloomy dark London. It was our last night out before we would be separated for an entire school year and I was trying to not let it get to me.

Fred walked over to Harry as we all wandered around the only open shop in Diagon Alley. "What'd you think, Harry?"

"Amazing."

We wandered over to the Wonder Witch Love Potions where Ginny was perusing the bottles. I don't know why I was looking at love potions when Cedric was already here for the long haul. He had more than proven that.

George leaned over. "They do really work."

"Then again," Fred followed, "the way we hear it, sis, you're doing just fine on your own."

Ginny arched her eyebrow. "Meaning?"

"Are you not currently dating Neville?"

She shrugged. "None of your business."

I share a look with Ginny. I knew full well she was dating Neville but that was not something she wanted publically known just yet. They were still exploring their relationship. I smiled at her and dragged Cedric towards a cage with small round balls of fluff that were rolling about and squeaking in the most adorable voice.

"These are adorable!"

Just then Cormac McLaggen bumped into my shoulder and with his eyes takes me in and upon noticing gives me a small smile. Cedric looked from me to Cormac and gave him his best "back-off-this-girl-is-mine" look before putting his arm possessively around my shoulder.

"Are you going to throw me over my shoulder and take me to your cave to have your way with me?" I joked.

Cedric gazed down at me his eyes blazing emeralds. "Don't joke with me, Miss Granger, or I may do just that."

"I can handle myself."

He rolled his eyes. "Now where have I heard that before?"

I blushed remembering the way Cedric had acted when Viktor had tried to force himself on me. Tried because Cedric had intervened and almost punched him. Of course that was before we were official and when were both convinced it was all just sex. Now I knew better. It was sex but it was also so much more. I stood up on my tippy-toes and kissed his cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

Harry walked over and tapped us on the shoulder and motioned to let us know we were leaving. As we walked out joined by Ron, Lavender Brown smiled flirtatiously at Ron. He of course was oblivious forcing her to call out his name to which he responded with a merely "hi." He could be so clueless sometimes.

We continued down Diagon Alley as the sun began to faded. We passed underneath the iron archway as we took in the vacant shops and boarded up windows. So much had changed since our first year and it was saddening to see.

"How is it Fred and George are doing it?" I asked to no one in particular. "Half the alley's closed down."

Ron answered. "Fred reckons people need a laugh these days."

"He's right." Cedric and Harry responded simultaneously.

My eyes wandered towards Ollivander's Wand Shop. "Oh, no. Look." The boys all turned and I filled them in on what the Order had told me. "Everyone got their wands from Ollivander. Young. Old..."

"Good. Bad." Harry responded his gaze focused across the path. "Speaking of which..."

I followed his gaze to see Draco and his mother sneaking down an alley. Odd.

"Is it just me?" Ron spoke. "Or do Draco and mummy look like two people who don't want to be followed."

We exchanged a look and of course... followed them. The four of us follow them to Borgin & Burkes and we climbed up a nearby building to hide and peer into the shop. Draco and his mother greet a stooped man and the man brings Draco to a lacquered cabinet. Draco begins to run his fingers over the glassy surface.

"What are they playing at?" Ron asked in a deep whisper.

"I don't know." Harry responded.

We all stared into the shop with an uneasy feeling.
------------------------
"I'm going to miss you." I whisper in to Cedric's chest as we embrace at King's Cross.

"Me too. We'll write as often as we can." He placed his head on the top of mine and inhaled. "It won't be the same as having you but it'll have to do."

I stepped out of his arms and hold his face between my hands. "Please be careful."

Cedric was initiated into the Order the previous night and it hadn't eased my mind one bit. I wanted him safe and far from harm's way. But in all honesty, with the way things were... nowhere was safe.

"I'm more worried about you. As safe as Hogwarts seems it's still dangerous."

I looked down at my feet. "I know."

I wanted to go back to the previous night. Cedric and I had spent the night wrapped up in each other. We memorized every part of each other. Our bodies moved together as one until we were completely spent and sleep overcame us.

He lifted my chin and pressed his lips against mine softly. But I didn't want soft and sweet I wanted to have a kiss that would carry me through these months apart so I took action. Dropping my bags on the floor I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed my tongue into his mouth. We remained entangled until the sound of the train whistling broke us apart.

"I'll see you soon." He breathed.

I nodded and bent to pick up my bags. "Soon."

With one soft kiss I turned from him and made my way towards the train and waved one last time before I disappeared inside to meet with Harry and Ron. I could already feel the tether of his heart to mine tightening and I fought against the urge to run back into his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 402 13
Hermes Granger fervently believed that Malfoy's sole purpose in life was to make his life a living hell. Dramione genderswap! Male!Hermione Granger/F...
7.7K 326 16
A new Harry Potter Marriage law story. This time Hermione and Harry are partnered. How will they react? How will their partners react? How will Harry...
15.3K 305 14
Nezu found baby Izuku in front of the U.A gates because his parents couldn't get a good life for him. What happens when a certain chimera decides to...