Defeated

By TashaPageWriting

In a town controlled by fear, Indianna is trying to find a way to survive. The only goal is to take down Rogu... More

I- Tai
II- Indianna
III- Introductions
IV- Letters To Him
V- Rogue
VI- Punishment
VII- Fight
VIII- We're Werewolves
IX- You Really Shouldn't Have Come To This Town
X- Kick
XI- Girl Talk
XII- A Plan?
XIII- Lone Wolf
XIV- Secrets
XV- Gender
XVI- Revenge
XVII- Rules
XVIII- Grave
XIX- Cry
XX- Dinner
XXI- Blood
XXII- Rogue's Order
XXIII- Oscar's Old Pack
XXIV- Claws
XXV- Hey Sugar
XXVI- Mate bond?
XXVIII- Greyson's Back
XXIX- "You Lost My Mate"
XXX- Brooke's Secret
XXXI- Lily
XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak
XXXIII- Eight Weeks To Get Rid of Rogue
XXXIV- Alec
XXXV- The Map
XXXVI- Preparations
XXXVII- Christmas Dinner
XXVIII- Greyson's Sacrifice
XXXIX- Trust
XL - Wish For Death
XLI- Day One

XXVII- Reward

22.6K 1.1K 629
By TashaPageWriting

Indianna remained at home for the next week. Her health didn't improve and she had no energy to do anything, everything she did made her faint and dizzy. She constantly felt nauseas, but only ate because she knew she needed the energy for her children.

"How are you feeling, dear?" Laura asked. She walked into Greyson's room and sat on the end of his bed, looking at Indianna who was holding a sick bucket. 

"The same," Indianna sighed. She wiped her clammy forehead with the back of her hand. "I feel like how I used to get when I was away from Greyson." Indianna touched her mark that was still red and itchy. "It's so confusing."

"Indie, I know the last thing you want to do is go out, but I think it might do you good to get out of the house and get some fresh air."

"I don't know if I have the energy," Indianna admitted.

"The Christmas Fair is in a few hours. Why don't you have a nice bath, I'll make you some food and then you can try and go, even if it's just for an hour. I know you're exhausted, but I think it might help."

"I know Sasha wants to go. She's been cooped up in this house. She's too scared to go to school by herself. She'd be happy to get out."

Laura smiled. "You two can go together. I know Ace is going with Tai, I'm sure Kal and Kimberly will go. I doubt Harry will, but I don't think anyone will be surprised at that." 

"I guess I can come straight home if I feel worse."

Laura smiled. "I'll run you a bath and have some food ready for when you come out."

"Thank you, Laura."

"That's okay, dear." Laura stood and headed towards the en-suit, but she paused and looked back at Indianna. "Indie, I was wondering, have you heard anymore about your mother?"

Indianna swallowed. "Last week, when I was at Rogue's house after I fainted, I asked him once I was awake."

"And?"

"He said that her mental state had gotten worse. He said she was in a hospital, for her protection."

"How truthful do you think he was being?"

"I think he's got her somewhere so she's out of the way," Indianna said. "She seemed like she had truly lost it when I last saw her, but... She alive. He hasn't killed her. Yet."

*

Indianna did feel slightly better after a soothing bath and a hot meal, even though it took a while for Indianna to get the food down her without wanting to bring it back up. She was waiting by the front door to go to the Christmas Fair. She was dressed in leggings, boots and a cream jumper. She wasn't cold, but as werewolves they all had to dress accordingly to the weather so they didn't stand out. She wrapped a scarf around her neck and took a long breath. The dizziness was holding off for now, and she hoped it would stay that way.

"Hey." Sasha joined Indianna. She was zipping her coat up. 

"Hey," Indianna smiled. "How are you doing?"

"I feel like a wimp," Sasha murmured, "but I'm too scared to go to school. This Rogue person and Ben know who I am, and I know I'm completely irrelevant to them, but I'm scared what could happen because they now know me."

"Don't ever call yourself a wimp," Indianna said and took Sasha's hand. "Rogue is dangerous, you're right to want to stay as far away from him as possible. And Ben."

"Let's go, people!" Kal called as him and Kimberly descended the stairs. Indianna was surprised to see Harry following behind them, looking like he was heading to his execution. "And yes, much to my shock Harry has decided to lighten all our moods and grace us with his presence." Harry shoved Kal down the last few steps. "Dick," Kal huffed.

"You were asking for that," Kimberly shrugged.

"What about Ace?" Indianna said. "Where is he?"

"He's picking up Tai and they're meeting us there," Kal said. "Now, we're teenagers, let's try and have a normal evening and for once in our lives act like teenagers that aren't living under the control of a crazy maniac. Yes?"

"Like normal will ever happen with us," Harry muttered and barged Kal's shoulder as he walked past him and out of the house.

"Let's try," Indianna nodded. "Just for one night."

*

The school fields were crowded with excited students who were going between colourful stalls for food and games and fairground rides. It was like a winterwonderland. Fake snow covered the ground and fairy lights were hanging from one stall to another. Indianna wished she was a normal teenager so she could enjoy it fully. 

She wished Greyson were by her side so she could even enjoy it partially. 

The group had met Ace and Tai shortly after they had arrived. Indianna's heart had broken into two when she saw Ace and Tai standing in front of the big wheel. Just like the one her and Greyson had been on. Indianna sighed softly and closed her eyes. She could almost imagine him beside her. She could feel his hand on her waist, her back on his chest, feeling the beat of his heart. She imagined him whispering in her ear, saying something inappropriate or annoying.

"Where to first?" Kal wondered, breaking Indianna out of her trance. 

She opened her eyes and reached out for Kimberly as her world started to sway slightly. "Are you okay?" Kimberly whispered.

"I'll be fine," Indianna said quietly. A scream from somebody on the rollercoaster behind them made Indianna's head hurt and she winced.

"Are you sure?" Kimberly asked.

"Just don't let go of me just yet," Indianna murmured. She gripped onto Kimberly's hand tightly.

"Don't you dare drag me down with you if you faint."

Indianna laughed which hurt her aching head. "Your concern is heartwarming."

Kimberly chuckled. "Kal, I want you to win me a prize, let's go over there." Kimberly pointed to a stall with large stuffed animals hanging up.

Kal grinned and pushed his sleeves up, wiggling his eyebrows. "Easy peasy."

The group made their way to the stall and laughed as Kal tried and failed to win the stuffed animal prize. "You're useless," Kimberly huffed.

"It's rigged," Kal grumbled.

The night went on and Indianna was glad to see that the group were enjoying themselves. Everyone was smiling apart from her and Harry. That was to be expected. Ace and Tai seemed to be getting on. Indianna could tell that Tai was still very reserved around Ace, but the way she looked at him showed that the mate bond was growing on her. She looked upon him with a fondness she didn't share with anyone else.

Sasha was laughing. She felt safe in a group that could protect her if Ben decided to point a gun at her again.

Indianna waited with Harry while the others decided to go on one of the rides. Neither Harry or her spoke, but the silence was comfortable. A gust of wind made Indianna shudder and she frowned when she saw a figure watching her out of the corner of her eye. She looked around and frowned when she saw no one there.

"Indianna?" Harry questioned. "What is it?"

"I... nothing," Indianna muttered. "I just don't have fond memories of fairs."

"You look awfully pale, you're not going to drop dead on me, are you?" 

"I've been feeling like I want to drop dead all week," Indianna said with a laugh. "I'm sure it would've happened by now if it was going to."

"How are you feeling?" He asked seriously.

Indianna crossed her arms over her chest. "Faint, my world is constantly spinning, I'm getting hot flushes 24/7 and my head is in so much pain it feels like it's going to burst."

"Maybe you should go home."

"And feel exactly the same?" Indianna said. "It's better to be somewhere that somewhat distracts me..." Indianna trailed off when she saw the dark figure again. "Someone is watching me."

"What?" Harry snapped to attention immediately and spotted the person Indianna was looking at just as they turned around and walked away.

Indianna followed them.

"Wait!" Harry snapped and caught up to Indianna as she walked away. "Are you stupid wandering off by yourself when you're like this?"

"Probably," Indianna said. Harry and Indianna pushed through the crowd, managing to keep an eye on the mystery person. They followed them to the outskirts of the fair where it was deserted.

"I'm glad to see even when you're in the state you are you're able to spot someone watching you." The figure stopped and turned round, revealing themselves. It was Rogue.

Harry stood in front of Indianna, narrowing his eyes. "What do you want?"

"How are you feeling, sister?" Rogue wondered. "You look awfully ill."

"I-" Indianna stopped short and doubled over, a feeling of sickness engulfing her and she puked the contents of her stomach onto the grass.

"Well, I guess that's an answer," Rogue shrugged. "I'm glad to say that I can help."

"What the hell can you do?" Harry snapped.

"Before I do anything, you need to watch your temper," Rogue tutted. "Remember, I have access to your mate and you do not. Do not piss me off."

It took everything in Harry's power to hold himself back.

"What are you talking about, Jason?" Indianna groaned.

"You're feeling the effects of the mate bond, but I'm sure you've realised that. You must be wondering why?" Rogue said.

"Greyson's dead," Indianna whispered. "I shouldn't be feeling like this. He's g-gone."

"You've been behaving yourself, sister, don't think I haven't noticed that," Rogue said. "You've been doing as I say. You'll continue to do as I say, won't you?"

Indianna nodded. "You know I will."

Rogue smiled. "That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Now, because you've been so well behaved, and because you've managed to control your awful pack members and get them to listen to me, I've decided to reward you."

Indianna frowned. "I don't understand."

"Of course you don't," Rogue smirked. "Only one thing can help you. What you're feeling is because of the mate bond, and the only thing can help is your mate."

"Is this some cruel joke? Jason don't do this," Indianna whimpered.

"I've broken you down enough for the time being," Rogue said. "I am not joking."

"Then-"

Rogue raised his hand. "This is your reward. Do not make me regret this, little sister." Rogue clicked his fingers and two figures emerged from the shadows. She recognised one of Rogue's men who was pushing forward another person.

"Indianna," Harry gasped and Indianna recognised the second person when he fell to his knees.

He looked different. His hair was longer and his beard had grown out of control. His skin was covered in marks and bruises, but Indianna could never, ever forget his face. She took a small step forward and froze. Her eyes were wide and focused only on him. Harry was talking to her, but she couldn't hear him. Her vision blurred and she realised she was crying. She was too scared to move any closer to him, scared that this was one of Rogue's sick jokes.

She was blinking rapidly and breathing heavily. Her heart was pounding in her chest. His chest was rising and falling at speed too. His eyes were locked on hers. He placed his hands on the ground and forced himself to stand. He was weak, but just the sight of Indianna made him feel as if he could take on the world.

"I-" Indianna choked on her words. "No, don't do this to me, Jason! Don't, no, this is too much! He's dead! You killed him! Don't make me think that's him. Don't do that! You can't do that! You can't do something this sick to me, not after everything you've done! You-" Indianna sobbed. "Please!"

"Sister, you have my word, this is not a trick," Rogue said.

"Sugar."

Indianna gasped. She saw his lips move. She heard his voice. His voice. There was no faking his voice. 

"Breathe," he said.

Indianna took a deep breath. She breathed in through her nose and she smelt him. His scent. There was no mistaking it. 

"Sugar, come here."

Indianna found her feet moving. Running. The world was rushing past her. He was getting closer but it seemed like it was forever before she crashed into him. His arms caught her and he stumbled backwards but steadied himself and held Indianna close to him. Indianna cried out as the sparks she never thought she'd feel again danced between them. Her body was in overdrive. She was crying, yelling, shaking. Her face was buried into his chest and his arms were wrapped tightly around her. Together they fell to the ground and Indianna had to focus on his heart. She had to hear it beating. 

It was.

"Greyson," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

He buried his face in Indianna's hair, inhaling deeply. He had missed everything about her. He never wanted to let her go.

"Is it you, is it really you?" She cried into his chest.

"Hey," he said. She felt his hands grab her face and tilt her head up to look at him. "I'm here." His grip was strong and Indianna shakily placed her hands over his. "I'm here, Indianna. I'm here."

"I've dreamed of touching you again," Indianna whispered. 

Greyson smiled and wiped the tears from her cheek. "Oh, sugar, I know."

"You're alive," Indianna said. She was in shock. She didn't understand.

"The bastard never actually killed me," Greyson said. "What a bitch, huh?"

Indianna couldn't help but laugh, but she hit him in the chest. "Don't joke about that!" She said suddenly, tears springing to her eyes. "You were dead! I couldn't feel you! You were gone!"

"I'm never going to be gone," Greyson whispered and caught Indianna's hands. He kissed them and took a deep breath. "I promise you, Indianna. Never."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 1.3K 57
Claire has to face new life changing events, when finally shifting for the first time. Can she face the threats coming at her in every direction? Wit...
20.2M 720K 86
"She's shy," Brooke shrugged, glancing at Indianna who looked like she wanted to be anywhere but in the classroom. "Well, come on, I don't bite," Gre...
865K 18.8K 26
"Are you afraid of me?" His words came out in a whimper and I flinched away from him. He finally let his forehead rest against mine as he sighed. "Yo...
114K 3.9K 66
This is a Book 2 story of Mates of a Werewolf Hunter