The Renegade General [Akamega...

By AltairMorpheus

General Y/n L/n, also known as the Silent Fรผhrer of the North has mysteriously disappeared after a group of t... More

A/N:
????
Chapter 1: The Huntress
Chapter 2: Encounter
Chapter 3: Farewell
Chapter 4: Distinctive
Chapter 5: Cruelness
Chapter 6: Connection
Chapter 7: Pursuit
Chapter 8: Errand
Chapter 9: Scharfrihter
Chapter 10: Other side
Chapter 11: Suspicion
Chapter 12: Failure
Chapter 13: Dilemma
Chapter 14: Exchange
Chapter 15: Recurrence
Chapter 16: Raid
Chapter 17: Falldown
Chapter 18: Extermination
Chapter 19: Judgement
Chapter 20: Reverence
Chapter 22: Collective
Chapter 23: Commence
Chapter 24: Inception
Chapter 25: New Threat?
Chapter 26: Counterpart
Chapter 27: Searing Hatred
Chapter 28: Chosen Path
Chapter 29: Madness Unfold
Chapter 30: Her Unbroken Vow
Chapter 31: Memoirs
Re: Start
A/N:
Please Read Me;
Short Notice!

Chapter 21: Variance

3.1K 126 26
By AltairMorpheus

That girl.. Seryu, was it? She's so really upset when when she knew that the mad scientist won't be coming back anymore as he falls into NightRaid's grasps and get killed along with that stupid Eurydice.. When i saw them at the garden, I felt a strange mixed emotions while watching them which is mostly confusing. As far as I knew, she is the one who killed Sheele so sympathy isn't suit on her..but, the inner me acts the opposite of it.

It made me feel like I was the one to blame for that pain and sadness in her.

But she killed Sheele. And she didn't feel any remorse or regrets when she killed her so why can't I feel the same way? Why...

Esdeath: Drowned in your deep thoughts again, N/n?

I snap out from my thoughts as I've heard Esdeath's voice. I gently close the book and put it on the table before tilting my head onto the right side of the room to see her, she was leaning on the bookshelf with her arm's crossed on her chest and had that serious gaze on her face.

Y/n: How long have you've been there?

Esdeath: Not long enough to see your troubled face. Anyway, Wave and Kurome told me that you successfully rescued your students but fail to find Tatsumi. I am truly grateful for your efforts but we must postponed that mission for now as we have something new to prioritized than finding him.

Prioritized?

Y/n: What is it?

Esdeath: Well, The prime Minister is waiting for us at the dining hall. He would perhaps explain our next new assignment. *Smile*

Y/n: ... understood.

I stood up from my chair and felt a sharp pain on my chest, it suddenly made me hinder from my movements and Esdeath notice it.

Esdeath: Is there something wrong N/n?

Y/n: I'm fine.

I regain my composure and silently walked out of my study room with her trailing me behind and get to the dining hall where that old Meat lover awaits. While we're walking, I can deeply sense from behind that she's examining me by those icy blue eyes. I emotionlessly ignore it and focus onto the path that we were currently taking, still thinking of that very confusing emotions earlier.

As soon as we arrived, Prime Minister Honest is having his tea alone before we came in.

Honest: Ah, the empire's genuine generals. Come on, sit. I have a 'favour' to ask from you two.

I've notice a wave of antipathy in me when Honest pronounces that word. What is he want us to do now? We took our own seats and removed our caps as a respect for this old meat lover.

Esdeath: We were listening.

Honest: A new species of Danger beast has appeared and causing such nuisance around the Capital. I would like you two to get rid of them.

Y/n: A new breed of danger beast?

Esdeath: Yes, I've heard of them when I was searching one of my Jaeger's. I've already started investigating them until recently, these creatures move in to the forest and with just days ago, I receive a report that they forced their way to a couples home and devoured them.

Honest: I heard that these creatures were statedly quite resemblance to human beings. You two will be having some fun dealing within these new toys. The great General Budo wants them all destroyed but I would love to examined them.

Esdeath: Hm, what do you think N/n?

Y/n: If these creatures were causing a great disturbance on the Capital, then we have no choice but to eliminate them.

Honest: Oh my, such astounding words. You seemly much like him now when it comes to executing duties, don't you Y/n? *Smirk*

Y/n: ...

Esdeath: Alright. I've also receive a report that they were also deadly, I don't think I can't resist to torture them. Maybe we could catch 2-3 of them.

Honest: Fine by me. I'll be waiting for those creatures at my lab.

Esdeath stands up and placed her cap on her head, I did the same and followed her behind. This is a unusual scenery to be seen, but Esdeath is Esdeath, she's really excited when it comes to torturing people or even danger beasts with her wicked ways. But something's bothering me, why does he wanted them alive just to be examined? I don't buy his alibi. Maybe he wants something more from that..

TIMESKIP

Esdeath divided her Jaeger's in two teams. Wave, Bols and Seryu teamed up to search from East to South side of the capital while Esdeath, Kurome and me were onto the west to north side. Well, it wasn't too hard to find those creatures, we already saw them running and guessing from their hasty movements, they were going to attack and kill some humans again so before they could do a bloody mess again, we entrapped them.

I used my shadows tentacles to stopped their movements and tightly entangled them, once they've been constricted, Esdeath gladly freezes them within just a snap.

Esdeath: There we go. Freezing them is the best effective way of capturing them. *Smile*

Y/n: So it is true. I'd never seen this kind of danger beasts before.

Within my peripherals, I saw Kurome's hands slowly trying to touch the frozen danger beast like its a huge ice meat tower. Before she could do anything, I softly hold her left shoulder to stop her.

Esdeath: Its not a snack Kurome.

Kurome freezes half of her way and stood back beside me when she heard Esdeath's voice.. This kid, she even want to eat that monsters? Quite, amusing and creepy at the same time. By the end of our capturing mission, Esdeath and Seryu went to Honest to deliver those creatures on his lab while I choose to hang around with Wave Kurome and Bols at the Jaeger's meeting room. Currently, Wave and Kurome are playing chess. Bols is making a tea while me, I'm sitting near to the window, reading another novel for pass time.

Bols: Tea's ready!

As I've heard his call, he gave us tea with a pair of snack. He gently place my tea and snack onto the small table beside me. I put the book on my lap and set my (E/c) eyes on him.

Bols: For you, General Y/n.

Y/n: Thank you. You know, you don't have to do this.

Bols: Its alright General, I'd like being helpful to others.

Wave: ....

Bols: What's..the matter Wave?

Wave: This is somewhat kind of bothers me, I mean you're really a nice person. But even if you beat those danger beast and save their lives, they still judge you based on your looks and didn't even thanked you!

Kurome: Yeah, but you did the same thing..remember?

Wave: Nrgh.. OH CRAP I DID!

Bols: Wave, I told you before..I'm not a nice person. I burn everything until it lies in ashes, i was an executioner and burned so many innocent people and so more horrible things.

Wave: But all you did is to follow orders that they were given to you, right?

Bols: Yes..It is only a job but karma is still karma Wave, so I am only greeting what i truly deserve..

Y/n: Once you follow a dark path, there's no turning back. Only you can do is to move forward and embrace the karma that lies on the path that you'd choose.

Wave: Eh? But.. still Y-you shouldn't torture yourselves like that! If you two ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'm right he–..

Before Wave could finished his sentences, there was a woman who carries a kid enters through the room. I was going to ask why there's a civilian on a private area of the palace when Bols greets them. They were his Wife and his daughter. So, this man had a family? Quite shocking..

Wave: Aww man, I think this is twice in a row I failed to comfort someone.. *Sigh*

Kurome pats her shoulder again while munching her own snack while I silently watching them. I've watched as Bols and his family have a great bonding together. For some reason, I remembered my clan and family... I've got used for that when I was a kid, and feel..

The sound of happiness..

The warm light of love...

...

.....

Y/N RUN!?

I accidentally drop the tea cup on the floor, making a loud shattering noise as I've got that damn flashback again. It quickly caught their attentions and worriedly rushed towards me.

Wave: General Y/n, are you okay?

Y/n: I'm f-fine..

Kurome: You're shaking General Y/n.

Shit.. I let my emotions out again. I need to fix myself, I don't want to get any expressions like that. It makes me feel like I'm freaking weak!

Esdeath would surely flipped out and starting to ask if I'm okay even if she knew that I am really not. *Sigh* I stood up and held my katana on my waist before letting out a emotionless gaze on them.

Y/n: I'm going to get some rest.

Wave: Oh. O-okay General Y/n..please rest well.

Bols: Do you need me to accompa-..

Y/n: No need so don't bother.

Bols: ... As you wish, General.

I went out to the room and used my power to teleport since I am tired and lazy to walk. Once I've teleport on my own room, I put my katana and cap on the nightstand. I didn't bother to change my clothes as I lifelessly drop to my own bed and close my eyes. Maybe an hour or two would keep me back in shape.

....

I woke up and slowly opened my eyes and saw a beautiful dark blue sky landscape on my window. It was already nighttime and i overslept. I was going to get up but a long slender arm stopped me. I made an exhausting sigh and look at Esdeath who's currently lying beside me, wide awake.

Esdeath: Good evening, N/n. *Smile*

Y/n: Why are you here?

Esdeath: Just checking if you're okay. *Smile*

Y/n: What makes you think that I am not?

She didn't respond and give me a sad look. I gently pry her arms off of me and sat up. She did the same and fixed her wrinkled clothes.

Esdeath: I'm just concerned about you. Since you came back, you've been acting so distant from me..from us.

Y/n: You're over thinking Esdeath. I'm fine and I will always be. I'm not a weak person.

Once I got my sense back together, I stood up and fix my wrinkled clothes as well then taking my katana and my Cap along with me.

Y/n: I'm going for a night patrol.

Esdeath: N/n, wait. I've got a better idea than that! *Smile*

Y/n: ....

Esdeath stood up put her Rapier behind her and place her cap on her head before she takes my hand and headed outside of the palace. She calls her Dragon Type Danger Beast and take a ride with it. As we flying towards the sky, Esdeath was fascinate within the moonlight that lightens her pet's path.

This was very out of her abashment side but I'll let it, she's still human with emotions after all.

Y/n: So, this was your idea? Riding on at the back of your pet and flew under the pale moonlight?

Esdeath: Sometimes, we need a breather N/n and if I am not mistaken. We didn't do this for a very long time so don't be like that. We should enjoy this. *Smile*

Y/n: ...

Esdeath: Silence means yes! Finally, we can do the old ways. Catching some powerful danger beasts and ...huh?

I was wondering why did she stop. She noticed something below on Mount Fake, i follow her gaze and saw a human figure? Is it that a human or that new breed danger beasts that we've been hunting for days?

Y/n: I thought we were playing now, why are you hesitating to catch a prey?

A sinister smirk came across her face as she cast her icy blue eyes on me.

Esdeath: Let's hunt it.

We both jumped down to catch that prey that she saw on Mount Fake. I used my shadows to lessen the impact as we descend in such speed. We created a huge loud impact as we land and Esdeath quickly draw her Rapier and point it to our targeted prey.

Esdeath: This is your last night of freedom because we will going to hunt you d-..

Once again, she stop finishing her sentences and madly blushed as we clearly saw who's our prey to hunt with. It wasn't a Danger beast..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 118 21
[The Anime Timeline] In the middle of the disagreements between the Empire and Night Raid, there was one solo being who was not aware of the corrupti...
108K 3.4K 177
Yu Ling Long is the shu (born of a concubine) daughter in a general's family. Since her mother was only a tribute dancer, her position is the lowest...
17.3K 994 47
The third book in the series The Queen's Lion. The Queen's Lion and The Queen's Lion: Disciplined can be found on my page and are needed to understan...
236 12 18
After the deaths of two Hazzard boys, Luke questions Bo's safety, and it doesn't go over well. Especially when Bo storms off on him after a heated ar...