Loving Diego

By PaintedRedRoses

Gabriella Hernandez, an interior designer very well known around the globe, has just received one of the most... More

Info
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Arrangement
Chapter 2 - Getting to Know You
Chapter 3 - Family "Meeting"
Chapter 4 - What Happens In Miami, Won't Stay In Miami
Chapter 5 - Seriously?!
Chapter 6 - Meeting The Press And Others
Chapter 7 - It's Getting Hot In Here
Chapter 8 - Complications
Chapter 9 - Caught Red Handed
Chapter 10 - To Confess or Remain Silent
Chapter 11 - Beginning To Move Forward
Chapter 12 - Sticky Situation
Chapter 13 - Events At The Event
Chapter 15 - Getting Somewhere
Chapter 16 - Most Un-Heroic entrance.
Chapter 17 - Hopes
Chapter 18 - Moving On
News
Chapter 19 - New Beginnings
Chapter 20 - The Proposal
Chapter 21 - Waiting
Chapter 22 - The End
Chapter 23 - Suprises
Chapter 24 - Finally
Epilogue
Hello!!

Chapter 14 - Is She Or Is She Not?

5.2K 239 5
By PaintedRedRoses

Diego's POV

Desperation flooded my entire being as I watched the screen of my phone. The sound of metal on metal forever etched in my brain. Gabriella's scream pierced through my heart and I felt like death had just told me I had 30 seconds to live. My entire body was shaking and I couldn't stop the anger that I felt. Someone had the nerve to hurt my Gabriella, to cause her to scream in agony and dear God only knows what else.

"GABRIELLA!" I shouted, ignoring the looks people gave me."GOD DAMN IT! GABRIELLA!"

"Diego?"

Her voice sounded far away and muffled, but the sound of her voice brought some hope into my heart.

"Gabriella what the hell just happened?" I asked desperately.

"Truck.......limo......flipped......unresponsive........Lanie..." Her sentence sound forced and slurred at the same time.

The crunching of glass sounded and my hopes rose again. Someone finally got there. Hopefully they already called 911.

"Such a shame." A deep voice said. A shot rang and my blood ran cold in my veins.

All the blood drained from my face. A beeping from my phone informed me that the called had been disconnected. Turning around I ran towards the doors. A hand pulled me to a stop. My head snapped towards the person who held me back to go save my love.

"Diego what's happening?" Jake asks me.

"GabriellawasjustinanaccidentandIheardashotandIneedtogo!" I talked so fast the words jumbled together but I was trying to leave!

"What?" He looked so confused.

"Follow me!" I managed before turning and running again.

Bursting through the doors I ignored the calls from the reporters and I looked for a car to take. Just then Rebecca pulled up. She got out of the passenger side and her husband Zach exited to drivers side. Quickly I grabbed the keys from his hand and jumped in the car. Jake barely made it into the car before I was speeding off.

My heart rate was going crazy and my thoughts drifted back to what I had heard. My emotions were everywhere. I wanted to be sad but I was beyond mad that someone had shot at Gabriella. I was desperate and in agony. I can't imagine what Gabriella went through.

My grip on the steering wheel tightened and Jake glanced at me worryingly as I speed up even more. I moved the car through traffic easily. Red and blue lights flashed ahead and I finally let off the gas a little. Traffic came to a stop and I slammed on the brakes. Stopping mere inches from the car ahead of us I put the car in park and launched myself out of the car. Jake quickly followed. As I near the lights I saw the police tape and all the police officers. Running towards them one of them saw me running and he quickly tackled me to the floor.

"Hey! What the hell is your fucking problem?! Get the fuck off of him!" Jake shouted from above me.

"I'm sorry sir but no one is allowed beyond the tape. Only family of the victims. And running like that looks threatening and we are on high alert right now." The police officer explained as he helped me up.

"I'm her fiancee and that's her brother. Gabriella Hernandez." I said emotionlessly.

"Names." The officer took out a mini notebook.

"Diego Reyes and Jake Hernandez." I complied.

"Alright."

With that the police officer lifted up the police tape and let us through.

"Diego what the fuck man?" Jake grabbed my arm.

"I was FaceTiming her when it happened. A truck rammed into the limo and they flipped. Lanie wasn't responsive and Gabriella didn't sound like she was in great shape. Then I heard a shot being fired." I quickly explained.

He looked at me with wide eyes and I simply began to walk towards the upside down limo. Glass covered the majority of the road and pieces of metal were laying about randomly. I began to panic.

Is she okay? Who shot at her? Where is she?

"Sir that's as far as you can go." A female officer stopped me.

"I need to see her. Please just to make sure she's okay!" I was so close to begging.

"I'm sorry to inform you-"

The sound of my phone going off interrupted her. Looking down at the caller ID it showed up as 'Restricted Caller'. Even though it went against my own rules of not answering unknown number I answered the call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Isn't it horrible to feel so helpless? Do you feel the dread creeping into your soul yet Diego?" A deep voice responded.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"I am about to be your worst nightmare. Make sure you say 'Hi' to Jake for me." With that the man disconnected the call.

I turned to look at Jake with so much anger and hate running through my veins.

"Who was that?" He seemed oblivious to my anger.

"It was a man who told me to say 'Hi' to you. Who ever the fuck did this knew you!" I exclaimed.

"What?" He looked utterly confused before a look of understanding crossed his eyes.

"Where is she?!" I asked the female officer.

"The only person we found was the limo driver sir." She said bluntly.

"Gabriella?" I muttered.

"The only things belonging to her were a phone and a lot of blood she shed. The other young lady, Lanie, she was missing as well." She seemed so emotionless.

The words sunk in slowly and everything seemed to go out of focus. The shouts of the reporters and pedestrians. Jake's voice couldn't reach my ears I only saw his lips move.

My body seemed to stop working slowly. I sank to my knees and my head bowed down. My eyes started to prickle a little. I never before had a reason to cry. Until now it seemed. Tears streamed down my face and a heart breaking sob escaped my lips. I didn't give a shit about the people taking pictures or asking questions.

I didn't care that Jake was trying to calm me down. Because of him Gabriella was taken from me. I didn't even know if she was alive!

My tears dried up quickly and I stood up and dusted my pants. I wiped my face dry with the back of my hands. Looking up at Jake I set my plan to work.

"We are going to find her. Even if it means going to Hell for her." I stated and with that I turned and walked back to the car.

I'm going to find you baby.
¤ ¤ ¤
A week had passed and yet again we hit another dead end lead.

"Make sure you say 'Hi' to Jake for me."

The mans voice rung in my head all the time. We knew that somehow the man knew Jake. How or when did they meet we weren't sure. We had tried everyone he might've offended and held a grudge against him. But we turned up empty handed.

My heart squeezed in agony at the simple thought of not ever seeing Gabriella again. She had become my everything. No one could compare to her.

"Diego why don't we take a break and then we can analyze it with renewed eyes?"Detective Sean suggested.

"If she's alive do you think these 'people' will take a break from harming her? Do you think they'll give a shit about her well-being?" My voice started to raise.

"N-no." He stuttered.

"Then why should we stop?" I asked.

"Diego we've tried everything!" Jake spoke up from my couch.

"No we haven't!" Leann burst through the doors.

"Explain." Detective Sean demanded.

"I'll ignore the tone of voice you just used with me for your own good." She looked him dead in the eyes."Close friends."

"What about them?" Jake asked.

"We haven't searched them!" She exclaimed. "Even if you were the closest friends ever there still are things you just don't tell people."

The room was silent as we considered it. It was worth try, right?

5 hours later...

"Last call of the day!" Jake said in happiness.

The phone sat in the middle of the dinning table and we could hear everything the other person said.

The phone rung for a while, before someone finally answered.

"Hello?" A deep voice answered.

The accent of the voice caused my blood run cold.
Bingo.
¤ ¤ ¤
Ah! Second day in a row, I'm on a roll! Lol!
Dedicated to @_JustAGirlsDream_ for the third comment and for the votes. It really does mean a lot to me.
Don't forget to. . .
·Vote
·Comment
·Follow
·Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
211K 8.2K 41
"Don't be rude Brat", the jerk husband of mine whispered in my ears. I rolled my eyes but my temper was rising and rising. "You can't wait to kill me...
60.5K 4.3K 19
He's taking the middle child syndrome into another level. He loves to experiments, chaos follows him wherever he goes. He's too smart for his own goo...
4.6M 107K 48
[01/07/2021] - [13/04/2023] "You can't keep going around like a fucking maniac and treating me like shit. That isn't how relationships work," Sophia'...