A Past And A Future(on Hold)

By Malware404

hey guys! its Malware here and this is the story of Vediovous's past! I got a lot of positivity for this stor... More

Being Sold
A Glitch In Time
Pain And Love
A Kings Visit
The Offer
serious

A Job Offer

91 8 3
By Malware404

Vediovous finally woke up after about an hour. He stretched out slightly before curling back up. The transformation was fully complete. His bones were now black, a few glitches over his body too. His soul had flipped itself inside out, that’s what happens when a glitch fully transforms. The pain was gone and Vediovous now had very powerful and ancient magic coursing through his bones.

He stretched out again after sitting up. “daDdY…?” he mumbled, looking around as he leaned against the back of the couch. “WheRe ArE YoU DadDy…?” he tilted his head in worry and curiosity. 

 As I walked in, I saw Vediovous sitting on the couch, awake and seeming better. I walked over and sat beside him, then an awkward silence filled the room. I said nothing, and neither did Vediovous. It was weird, so I finally said “He’s gone. . .” and then fell silent again.

I kNoW...” Vediovous whimpered, crying again. “I KnOw…” Vediovous nuzzled into Gasters shoulder, his hand coming up and grasping onto Gasters shirt. “DadDy…” he mumbled, looking up at Gaster. “mAy I HaVe SoMe foOd DAddy..? I'm HungrY…” Vediovous didn't want to believe that his daddy was dead. 

“Yes, yes you may.” I said softly, half surprised at why Vediovous had called me dad. “Would you like me to go get the food?”

Vediovous nodded, curling up against Gaster more, not wanting to let go of him. “y-YeS PLeasE…” 

I tried to gently move Vediovous from me, just enough for me to get up and get food. When I saw that it would be hard to do, I just used a little integrity magic, and brought some chips to me. Then I handed them to him and said “Take this and eat. You’ll need your strength.” 

Vediovous narrowed his eyes at the chips, studying them. He took one and put it into his mouth. His eyes lit up as he ate the chip, before he took more and ate them. He unknowingly began to purr, loudly. Thats another thing glitches could do that normal monsters, except cat monsters, couldn’t do. They could purr. 

He looked up at Gaster, still eating the chips. His eyes were stars now as he purred louder. “th-ThaNk YoU DadDy!” he chirped happily. 

“Y-Yea, sure kiddo. No problem. You can have more if you want.” I said, surprised at how fast the chips were gone. “I’ll go get some more.”

Vediovous began to eat a lot more chips. He acted like a starving man finally just finding food, which was exactly what he was. After finally getting his fill of chips he looked up at Gaster with a beaming smile. “T-thaNk YoU DadDy!” he raised his hand up and grabbed onto Gasters shirt again as he began to purr more.

“I have some candy to, if you want more?” I said, before realizing that Vediovous had eaten all of my chips. Shit, I thought. 

Vediovous’s eyes widened in fear. “C-CanDy!? Th-ThaT's PoIsonOuS!” he began to shake and glitch again while he looked up at Gaster fearfully.

“N-No it’s not! I promise. . . look” I said as I ate a piece. “I’m perfectly fine. Here, try one. I promise it’s not poisonous, at least, it shouldn’t be.” I said. 

Vediovous nodded shakily and reached out to take a piece. He grabbed a piece of the candy and popped it into his mouth. He sucked on it for a minute before his eyes turned back into shiny stars. “thIs Is GreAt!” he beamed up at Gaster before hugging him tightly, beginning to purr even louder. 

As I saw how much Vediovous liked the candy, I offered more. “Do you want more candy, or do you want dinner? After all, we don’t want to spoil your appetite.” I said this knowing that it probably wouldn’t spoil his appetite, but whatever. 

Vediovous shook his head. “ItS CagE TimE NOw, No mOrE FoOd” he said, getting on the floor and just curling up, closing his eyes with a sigh. He has a schedule this his bastard mother brainwashed into him.

“Umm. . . you can sleep on a bed if you want rest. . . you don’t need to be on the floor, and there is no ‘cage time’ here. You can stay up for as long as you like.” I said, wondering why Vediovous was set on all these bad things. It makes me wonder what the royal family did to the poor prince. 

Vediovous slowly sat up and looked up at Gaster. “” he repeated robotically. “NOt FoR FilThY GliTchES lIkE Me.” after he said this, he lay back down on the floor, his back against the couch. “GoOD MOnsTErS Get ALl THe NicesT ThINgs...GlitChEs lIkE Me MusT gO inTo A CagE…” he sighed, closing his eyes.

I waited for him to fall asleep, then picked Vediovous up and put him on a bed in a spare room I had in the house, then went off to bed myself in my own room. I had a bad dream, a dream about everyone I love who was dead coming back to life, only for them to be killed again. All I saw was a figure, moving back and forth rapidly, all fuzzy so I couldn’t see, and the words ‘You will never be happy’ before I woke up. 

Vediovous was kneeling down beside him, holding onto his left arm. “ArE YoU oK?” he asked gently, concerned eyes looking down at Gaster, Vediovous’s aura feeling like a worried mother down towards Gaster. “YoU HaD A NiGhTMaRe...arE YoU AlriGhT?” he may have been horrifically abused, but he was very caring, especially for a five year old.

“Y-Yeah, I think I’m ok. I think I’m. . . I think. . .” I didn’t know how to react or respond. No-one ever helped me, especially during a nightmare. But, How did he know It was a nightmare? “How did you get in here?” I said instead, mainly because the door was locked. “I locked the door.”

Vediovous hummed. “I Can TelepORt In diRe SituAtioNs” he explained. A five year old should not know big words like this. 

“So, your 5, right? How did your vocabulary get so good? After all, every other aspect of you so far has been horribly mistreated, and you seem to be hated at the castle.” I wanted answers, after all. I didn’t know much about glitches, and I needed the research before it was too late. 

Vediovous nodded with a soft hum. “iM VerY ObserVAnT And GliTchEs aRe NaturALly SmaRTEr ThaN nOrmAl MOnsTers And HUmaNs. We HaVe mOrE StabLE ANd BuiLt Up DNA ThaN OtHeRs” he smiled a bit, proud of how smart he was. “I KnEw YoU WerE HavInG A NiGhtMaRe BecaUse i GEt thEm FrequentlY” how the!? Gaster didn’t say anything about that!

“Wait, how did you know I was having a nightmare? You responded like I said something but I. . . I didn’t say anything? CAN YOU READ MINDS!?” I half yelled in fear and surprise. 

Vediovous giggled a bit, shaking his head. “YOuR AuRA” he said, pointing to Gaster. “I caN FeEl YoUr AurA” he giggled a bit more. “YoUR AUra Gives Off How YoU FeEl, It’s The EmotiOns ThAt CoMe FroM YoUr SouL, GlitCheS CaN EasiLy FeEl AnoTHEr's AUrA” he smiled more. 

“Oh. . . I see?” I said, not sure how to respond. “I didn’t know that glitches could do that. . .” I pondered. 

Vediovous nodded, sitting down by Gaster. “nOw...ArE YoU AlrigHt? YoU WoKe Up ScrEamInG…” he frowned in worry, again, looking like a worried mother for all the world to see. 

“I should be fine soon, It wasn’t too bad of a dream. Just some classic dreams.” As soon as I said that, I followed with “You said you had nightmares? How bad are they?”

Vediovous whined, looking away. “I…” he hugged himself tightly. “....BaD….” is all he said, continuing to not look at Gaster. 

“Hey, if you don’t want to talk about it, that’s fine. . . I didn’t mean to hurt you or scare you or anything like that. . .” I mumbled.

Vediovous nodded before he reached forwards and hugged Gaster tightly, whimpering softly. 

“It’s ok Vediovous, I’ll take care of you. . . There’s nothing to hurt you here, ok?” I hoped for the best, but I didn’t think that he would be able to let go of his past. After all, Vediovous was very terrified and set on a schedule that was horrible, and that needed to change. “I will take good care of you, unlike your Mom. It’ll all be ok.” 

Vediovous’s little body began to shake softly as he held onto Gaster tighter, tearing up. “PLeAse . . . plEaSE doN’t LEt mE gO bACk HomE. . . pLeASe DaDDy…” Vediovous pleaded, looking up at Gaster, before leaning up and nuzzling his cheek.

“I won’t . . . you can stay here nice and safe . . . It’ll be ok . . . your safe now. . .” I tried all sorts of different things to comfort the poor kid, as he was clearly in discomfort. 

Vediovous just ended up laying comfortably against Gaster’s chest, his eyes closed as his little body finally relaxed. 

As I sat down and waited for Vediovous to finally relax enough to go back to sleep, I sat and thought about how good it would be if I could have access to more things. I wanted to cure Vediovous if I could, and the only way to have access to the required technology was to become the only scientist in the underground. To become the royal scientist. 

Vediovous perked up with a whine as Gaster’s phone began to ring. 

As my phone rang, I wondered who it could be. I picked up my phone and pressed the ‘answer call’ button, then brought the phone to my ear. After I heard the voice, I almost dropped my phone. 

“Hello, is this Gaster? My name is Asgore, I’m sure you know who I am, but I would like to meet with you sometime today, I have a few questions to ask you and a request of mine for you to fulfill” a deep, gentle voice spoke after Gaster answered the phone. Vediovous tilted his head at the voice, unsure of who it was, but he whimpered as it sounded kinda like his daddy's voice. Thankfully the voice didn’t hear Vediovous’s whimper. 

“Yeah, I’m sure I can find the time, as long as you don’t mind if I,” I paused, and without any other option for a name, I said. “If I bring my son with me?” 

The voice answered in a happier, more joyful tone. “But of course! I have heard a lot about your intelligence, but i was unaware that you had a partner! Please do bring your son, I would be delighted to meet him” the king’s joyous voice sounded out in reply. 

“Yeah, I’ll be sure to bring him, maybe he and Asriel can play. That is, if that’s ok?” I said. 

Asgore hummed. “Yes, that would be wonderful, I’ll be by in about an hour, does that work for you, Gaster?” Asgore asked as Vedivous kept tilting his head back and forth, trying to figure out just who this voice was and who it belonged to. 

“Yeah, I’ll be ready. Where are we headed? Just to be sure I can be there on time.” After all, I didn’t want to be late, especially if this was an offer for what I thought it was. 

Asgore laughed a hearty, meaty laugh. “At my castle of course!” he called. “I’ll see you then!” he hung up. Vediovous just stared up at Gaster. “wHo WaS ThaT DadDy?” he asked a bit shyly.

“That, my. . . you know what, scratch that. That was the King, King Asgore.” I replied, looking down at the poor kid. I wondered if he knew who Asgore was.

Vediovous pouted and whined softly. He looked down, not liking that Gaster didn't finish calling him ‘his son’ he kept looking down as he responded to Gaster. “....thE KinG..?” he questioned softly.

“Yeah, King Asgore. He rules and kinda controls the underground. We have to go to the castle, so we better head out for the capitol now.” Even though I could teleport, I didn’t want Vediovous to know that yet. I quickly used a tiny bit of Kindness magic to fill us both up to the max, so we didn’t need to take the time for food. 

Vediovous was still upset about Gaster not calling him his son, but he let it go for now. He also still wanted food, and so he asked for some. “dADdy, Can I  HaVe SOmE mOrE FOod pLeAse?” he asked softly. 

“If you can eat on the go, then sure, be my guest. But grab some quickly, we must go soon.” I still wanted to hide my powers, but I did need to show them at some point. . . Just not yet, I told myself. “So, my son, are you ready to head out?”

Vediovous beamed up at Gaster and nodded vigorously. He quickly grabbed some more chips and began to eat them as he stood by Gaster. He ate the chips quickly and grabbed onto Gasters hand, looking up at him with a smile. “I’m ReaDy DadDy!” he chirped happily.

As I watched how excited Vediovous was as he looked at me with wide, starry eyes. It was, to be honest, kinda cute. But for now, we needed to focus. “Onward, toward the capital!” I said lightly, but firmly, leaving no room to argue. 

Vediovous giggled, nodding as he held tightly onto Gaster’s hand. “yeAh! LetS gO DadDy!” he squeaked happily, waiting for Gaster to start walking. Vediovous looked up at him, slightly worried. “DadDY….SHoUlD I Be ScarEd Of tHE KinG…? Is He...MEaN?” 

I chuckled. “No, the kings a fuzzy pushover. He’s really, really nice, and he loves kids. If your nice to him, he’ll probably be nice back. And he also has a son, so maybe you two can hang out together.”  

Vediovous began to tremble and twiddle his fingers. He looked down. “...o-Ok…” he seemed scared after Gaster mentioned Asgore's son.

“What’s wrong? Here, tell me as we start walking. We have a long way to go yet.” I said after my question. After all, there was a long way to go yet. 

------
Phew! Longest chapter yet and I'm so proud! I hope you all like it! :3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 12.7K 41
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
40.5K 3.1K 30
Rohan Mehra is a successful famous and a rich businessman. He is a responsible and a very strict big brother. He handles both his siblings and busine...
2.3M 170K 43
"ကျုပ်နာမည် တော်ဝင်ယောက်ျား၊အများစုကတော့ Royalလို့ခေါ်ကြပေမယ့် ခင်ဗျားကတော့ ယောက်ျားလို့ခေါ်ချင်ခေါ်ပေါ့" "မင်းးး" Zawgyi "က်ဳပ္နာမည္ ေတာ္ဝင္ေယာက္်ား...
97.8K 5.6K 133
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...