The Tail of the Twin Dragons

By The-Dragon-Hearted

I remember my father... although, I wish I remember more. I mostly remember him laughing, always, laughing. A... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40: Epilogue

22

122 6 2
By The-Dragon-Hearted

Sting dodged the kick that Rogue had thrown and backed away.

"Come on Rogue, you gotta help me out here," Sting grimaced.

Rogue, however, could only glare at him as if to say 'I can't control my body, you idiot. You gotta figure this out before she decides to make my heart explode.'

Sting glanced behind Rogue and saw Siery standing there grinning like the sick psycho she was. 

"White Dragon Holy Ray " Sting yelled, jumping up and aiming the attack for Siery. Siery watched the thousands of beams race for her and unconcerned raised her hand and suddenly Rogue was in front of her. He'd be hit by Stings attack. Sting willed his attack to move and the beams change course as to not hit either Rogue or Siery.

Rogue was seething in rage. Growls were caught in his throat so all he could do was glare at the red-head who seeming to be ecstatic.

God, he'd been such an idiot.  And now he was paying the price. It was terrifying to know that with a simple thought the crazy red-head could have him dead. She had complete control over his movements, he could feel his blood being yanked around at her commands.

"Who's gonna die first, who?" Siery giggled forcing Rogue forward towards Sting. One good thing about Siery's magic, she wasn't able to affect Rogue's dragon slayer magic, meaning that all he could throw were physical attacks.

Sting caught the next punch and forced Rogue into a headlock.

"Your magic still works right?" Sting panted trying to hold Rogue who was struggling thanks to Siery.

Rogue looked up at Sting.

"I'll take that as a yes," Sting breathed. Rogue's elbow flew backward hitting Sting in the solar plexus.

Sting released Rogue out of instinct. He was then roundhoused kicked in the face and sent sprawling.

"Oh, that hurt," Sting grimaced rubbing the bruised spot.

Siery wasn't giving Rogue a chance to catch his breath. He was yanked about as his body threw more attacks. Sting only used defense, his eyes glancing over to Siery.

"I'm gonna activate my dragon force," Sting whispered as he blocked another punch, "Try and not get in my way."

Now if Rogue had a voice he would've said something like, 'Oh I'm sorry, does it look like I actively want to be a human shield to the psyco!?'

Sting grabbed Rogue's next punch and then activated his magic. He threw Rogue into the nearest tree and without even to see his brother land he activated his dragon force and lunged for the redhead.

Siery watched Sting lunge for her, both fists glowing, white dragon scales covering his body, and she knew that an attack like that would put her in the dirt - maybe for good.

Sting roared, beams of white light solidifying in his hands.

She raised her hands and tensed her fingers calling on every bit of her puppet's blood to move quick enough. Rogue suddenly appeared between Sting and Siery. He appeared so quickly that not even he seemed to know how he got there. Sting was already too close, the attack fire from his head hitting Rogue head-on. 

The attack threw up dust encasing the trio in a thick cloud.

Somewhere Sting heard Siery cackling like a child but he wasn't worried about her, "ROGUE!" he cried looking to where he'd last seen his brother.

"SURPRISE!" he heard Siery yell. Sting whirled around as a knife flew towards him. He narrowly avoided it but it managed to graze his shoulder.

Sting swore and tried to sense where Siery was, now he was bleeding which made this battle very unpredictable.

Sting's attack had sent Rogue flying and he sat at the trunk of a fallen tree, Siery had willed that he remained motionless which didn't matter since Rogue was unconscious.

But, Rogue thought he saw something. There was a tall man standing above him with messy long hair and a large toothy grin.

He laughed strangely, making a gihee sound.

"You have the blood of two great dragons in your veins," Skiadrum's voice stated calmly in Rogue's mind, "This opponent can control your body... but she cannot control mine, nor the dragon blood that already resides in you.'

 The man above Rogue chuckled again, and then suddenly Rogue was conscious again.

He made out two figures in the thinning dust cloud. Sting jumped out of the cloud, and Rogue clearly saw blood on his right shoulder. Panic seized Rogue. if Siery managed to get Sting's blood, that was it, they were both dead.

A growl built up in his throat and suddenly it exploded in a force of magic, scale, and shadow. 

Siery didn't know what hit her, one moment she was lunging for the bloodied knife that held Sting's blood, and the next moment she was sent flying. She was sent into a tree and gasped. She looked up to see Rogue, covered in shadows and scales.

"How are you - " she hissed trying to get to her feet.

"Rogue?" Sting asked looking at his brother who was now snarling.

"Why can't I..." Siery murmured getting to her feet and trying to manipulate Rogue's blood.

"You've made a fatal mistake," Rogue snarled, his eyes turning to slits.

"That's it isn't," Siery trembled, "dragon's blood... you have dragon's blood."

Rogue snarled and lunged, his fist surrounded by shadows. 

Siery was trembling. She could only control blood that she had licked... the blood pumping through this dragon slayer was no longer human... it was dragon. This meant that this man had murdered a dragon... which meant that he was worth more than she ever would be.

"Master will be pleased," Siery choked lowering her guard as Rogue's fist met her stomach. The concentrated magic energy ripped a hole through the girl's torso sending her flying backward, covered in her blood.

Rogue's aura died away as the dust cleared and he stumbled.

"Rogue!" Sting cried, running to his brother's aide.

"I'm alright," Rogue panted.

The two of them looked forward to where the red-head lay, trembling and crying.

"What chance did I have..." Siery cried, reaching for the sky, "I can't... I can't be loved... I'll never be strong enough to be loved."

"That's where you're wrong," Rogue growled walking up to the dying girl and staring down at her, "It's not strength that gives you love... it's the other way around."

Siery's wild eyes softened, "Maybe... but then again, Master wants you alive... he wants you... he cares about you."

"Don't think so," Sting sighed, sitting down tiredly.

Rogue only looked down at the girl that would soon die, "I'm sorry... I didn't want to kill you."

Siery smiled, "I would've died anyway... and don't lie... everyone wants to kill me."

"Aren't you charming in your final moments," Sting scoffed.

"They have your scents... they'll track you both down soon... and Master will have you two just as he wanted," Siery was crying as she whispered those words. She reached for the night sky, tears streaming out of her eyes, "I just... I just wanted to be... be strong enough... to be loved."

'She's at her limit, murder is about the extent of her power.'

'You are a dragon slayer, act like it.'

'Is this all you can do?!'

"Yes," Siery smiled her eyes closing, "loved."

And then she died.

Rogue looked down at her and found tears in his eyes.

He looked back to Sting who was still sitting.

"What?" Sting asked recognizing the look in Rogue's eyes.

"We have to kill him," Rogue snarled, looking down at the dead red-head, "Acnologia has to pay for what he's done."

"Okay... but, bigger problem," Sting sighed standing up, "She said that they had our scents... what are we going to do about that. We won't be able to get near Acnologia if they're hunting us all the time."

Rogue looked away from the corpse, "... We have to leave the others."

"Leave what now?" Sting asked.

"You saw what happened, we endangered all of them," Rogue growled, "She said they had our scents, that means they might not have the others."

"Or they have the others and she just didn't say anything because she was crazy," Sting offered.

"Either way... they'll track us first and if we can buy the others time, maybe they can find the rebellion," Rogue sighed.

"How about, no," Sting snapped, "We're not splitting up, strength in numbers!"

"How'd that work out for us?" Rogue challenged.

"... But... what about Lector... and Frosch, and Yukino? We're just abandoning them?"

"No! Look, if we can lead the dragon hunters away from the others they have a better chance of finding the rebellion and we have a better chance of losing the dragon hunters or finding a way to hide our scent. It's not abandoning them, it's dividing and conquering."

"I don't know about this..."

"Sting, they gave us an oath of loyalty... we can't use them as human shields."

"I NEVER SAID THAT!"

"But that's what we'd be doing if we stayed with them."

"... alright... but... should we at least leave them a note or something?"

They both looked back to the inn that now had a huge hole in its side.

"Sure," Rogue shrugged, "just find a piece of paper and a pencil... good luck explaining to the innkeeper how the hole got there."

"Oh, I got that covered," Sting chuckled running to the inn."

"What do you mean!?" Rogue challenged.

"I sneezed the wall off... he'll believe that!" Sting laughed over his shoulders.

Rogue sighed disappointedly.

(Haha... I'm not dead, and neither is this book! Sorry for the later update and short chapter. I swear this book will get somewhere eventually...

Like... eventually I'll get to the fact that almost everyone is like the second generation of some major character but... that might take a while.

Anyway, thanks for reading! BYE!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.2K 2.6K 18
Lucy's breath hitched. "You saved mine, so I'll have to save yours. That's just how it works. So, naturally, I can't leave until that happens. I'm be...
14.9K 521 13
πŸ₯€πŸ’”βŒ Based on my true story. Everything in this book really happened. I decided to tell it using fairy tail characters because for a lot of them the...
542K 18.5K 83
My name...my given name is Freya. I'm an assassin. No one knows what I look like. Sound like. Or know who I am. And I like it like that. I don't en...
341K 9.3K 104
Dragon of the apocalypse, black dragon, master of death, dragon king; Acnologia has been called many things through his life but he's certain that no...