unconditional (BOOK #2) [TO B...

By roxann_season

After moving to Southern California, Chelsea's life has never been better... or more complicated. Sh... More

prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 - Unknown
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
KEY
Chapter 37
wonder if...
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 48.5
recap
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
reuploading
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 61 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 62 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 63 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 64 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 65 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 66 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 67 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 68 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 69 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 70 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 71 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 72 - Russell POV
Chapter 73 - Russell POV
Chapter 75 - Russell POV
Chapter 76 - Russell POV
Chapter 77
Chapter 78 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 79
Chapter 80 - Darren POV
Chapter 81 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 82 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 83 - Russell POV
KEY 2
Chapter 84 - Chelsea POV
** Recap Chapter ** Q/A**
Chapter 85 - Gabriel POV
Chapter 86 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 87 - Victor POV
Chapter 88 - Chelsea POV
Chapter 89 - Gabriel POV
Epilogue
unbroken (book#3)

Chapter 74 - Chelsea POV

33.2K 1.8K 135
By roxann_season

Chapter 74 – Chelsea POV

The air was thick, suffocating as we watched the video, the anchor speaking but the recording playing, it was all too strange, watching a shift on television, knowing that everyone, shifters and non knew of our kind. This... this couldn't be... this wasn't the change that Mother and my dad Jason, spoke of. Broadcasting to the world that were-shifters existed couldn't have been the plan, the big event that they were trying to keep back. This wasn't a change, this was mass hysteria.

I turned to Gabriel, how long was I out? I asked him because when Scarlet and Madeline took me, this wasn't... who would... my mind was floating, although not peacefully, thoughts spun, first Angel's delivery, we were moving and now this.

Couple of days... he answered, but Gabe's eyes never left the television, not that mine did either, because after the third shift of a werewolf, the next two shifters that followed weren't wolves.

"Call Remy," he ordered not sure to whom, he walked to the side of the couch, picking up another cell phone, the phone chirped, "Calling Remy," He put the phone to his ear, "what do you know?" he said the moment I heard a faint 'holy shit Boss...'

'Not much, the video is real though...' The video in question ended, the screen split in two and one was the anchor and the other, a woman. Dr. Kerr, professor at Duke, researcher dealing with Parapsychology

"Who are the people they've shown?" he spit out quickly, 'Can't find them boss, facial recognition is coming up empty, all databases searched, but still came back with nothing.'

"Dr. Kerr thank you for speaking with us," anchor man said, "My pleasure," she answered and on the bottom of the screen was a continuous broadcast, informing watchers that all flights, domestic and international flights have been grounded.

"Can you tell us what viewers are seeing here?" I held my breath for Dr. Kerr's remark on bated breath. I was torn on what was happening right now, was it all out in the open? Was it something the Elders would quickly try to shove back into the closet so that humans could remain oblivious to what was really going on around them? How would this be taken in retrospect? What I really focused on though was the reaction of humans... how it would affect were-shifters.

"What about location Remy?" Gabriel asked just as Dr. Kerr begun speaking, "Well, Gus, professionally I'd just like to say thank you for having me here. Now the video, while we can all see that this is of course various recordings of Therianthropy – man metamorphosing into animal form – we have yet to hear from any confirmation. Though since this video's release three hours ago, I have to admit that many experts have tried to confirm the validity, finding fallacies in the video..." I stopped listening focusing on the phone call because the news was repeating the same video as Dr. Kerr spoke.

'Gabriel I think... this was shot in New York...' All I heard was New York and instantly my mind fell to Helen, wondering if she or her pack had anything to do with this. Helen? I called instantly over the mind link to my old cook who resided in New York but was shocked that I wasn't able to reach her, I spun to face Jack. I can't reach Helen... nodding he pulled his phone stepping outside, while I went to Gabriel as Dr. Kerr, stopped speaking about the video and her own personal work and books she's written.

"What do you think we should do?" I turned to Nonno asking, neither afraid nor calm, but numb. I waited for his response, reminding myself to thank him for sticking by Gabriel when I was taken. In fact he did more than stand by Gabriel he left his pack.

"We child, should do nothing... we do not know facts, let the Elders handle this... it could all be a trap to draw out others, topolino," he responded, but looking me dead in my eyes trying to pass some message.

The slaughtering, this video, stand back let the Elders handle this topolino, for this video to have gotten this far there is no way they didn't know... I listened to his thoughts, shocked that he knew I was listening. Gabriel had told him about my gifts?

Nodding to him, I turned away, thinking, he is right Aria thought, you do nothing, another voice answered not anyone I've heard before. Stiffening, I listened to the voice unknown voice, do as your mate has planned, the voice continued, going silent after, why? This is what the Mother and dad were speaking of... I replied waiting but not getting a response. Shouldn't Gabriel at least step in to remove the video... corrupt the file? Something...?? I asked, expecting an answer, nothing came. Aria? Avena? Who was that? Your third wolf...Aria answered instantly.

'Does this change your plans?' Remy asked Gabriel over the phone.

"NO!" he said eyes on me, "we will be packed and ready to go in 10 hours or less," Gabriel said commandingly, but not looking anywhere but my eyes. Was he answering my questions? I kept up his burning, hard stare, I couldn't argue with him at all or convince him to intervene in anyway, 'Gabriel from what I'm getting the government is going to say that the video is false,' Remy said as she was getting the information, 'they-'

"New York though? You're sure-"

'On my life, Boss,' She cut him off hurriedly, he nodded though she couldn't see him, "Divert all the children to Clearwater Remy," Gabriel instructed and hung up the phone.

"You didn't let her finish..." I told him as he pulled me closer, "because what they are saying is of no consequence to whether I am keeping you and our daughter and those who follow us safe." Gabriel said, eyes shining, looking down at me, and stopping the words in my throat, my mouth dry.

"So the world finding out we are shifters is of no significance to you and our life? And what about..." my gifts and abilities? I finished over the link. If you are supposed to lead, the Elders will be your puppets Chelsea, not the other way around. If not them, then others that you choose, but you don't just go out there with a big fucking target on your back, bigger than the one you already have. Don't be naïve, think smartly about this... it's not enough that the were-world knows you are a White Wolf; you want any old human that can carry a gun to come at you too? Gabriel said holding me tightly, tighter when I tried to pull away.

No, don't do that. Don't pull away because you don't like what I have to say! We are a team Chelsea... but you have to think of everyone here... my Nonno left a pack to come to this one, to follow us, we have to lead Chelsea... we can't lead if we are vulnerable.

I listened to what he was really saying, also to what Nonno replied, it was true... if we were being exposed; it wasn't my responsibility just yet... maybe you're supposed to offer protection Chelsea... just protection... Aria thought, both wolves agreeing wholly, in every aspect with Nonno, my third wolf and Gabriel. I didn't feel like that was the right way to go but I wasn't sure anyone would agree with me now, especially when I took in the bigger picture. As well as the part of me that thought that the Elders knew this was coming, I knew there were only so many of them, but at the same time, they had their hands in different places to stop exactly this type of thing from happening. If it was right now, they knew, and they wanted it to happen.

"What do you think we should do? Is moving even safe at a time like this?" I asked nodding. Noting that as I asked Nonno and Nona left my office, the door clicking behind them.

"I had big plans before I met you Chelsea... now, that I did find you, I'm happier that I had the minds to even think or plan for what I did. I had two hotels built like the one I took you too. After building the first I decided that I would move my pack to Northern California, we had been attacked and lost a good amount of pack members that year, 38 deaths. No one had been brave enough to attack my family directly, but those we governed in our pack. It was then that I disagreed with everything my father had changed and morphed the pack into so I decided to seek out and bought undeveloped land in California.

Specifically, Clearwater County, getting acres and acres of it. Granted I love Los Angeles, my entire plan was to develop a small but active town. I had invested into the area, buying out the humans there, from four small towns Clearwater Hill, Blackshore, Havencrest and Wolfshore," he paused letting me take this all in, but I'm not sure just how, awed I was at this moment. He was explaining this and seemed to be in his element, proud. I nodded, letting him know he could continue.

"My whole idea was being close enough to a major city for those that could commute while also being so far out that we would be safe and this was the perfect place, there was no access available in certain parts. The human population was already low, it was perfect, granted more land than I would've needed, and I know that there were rogues, who would be interested in what I was planning. A place to live, together, room to shift, be what we were and run..." he seemed different somehow, my heart was racing as he spoke, and I was having a hard time focusing on his words.

Shaking my head, I tried, hard. "The way your dad built this house, Chelsea... with the children... it's not safe... what I've built however, has room for everyone and I think the others will appreciate it as well. Yet the reason I want to go there now, is I have you. I found you and all the reasons I bought that place, developed the land for others I can see that with you. It's a place you can imagine raising children, living peacefully, lots of outdoor activities available, it's out-of-the-way and – and I just know that this is a place we could call home for years to come," he spoke quickly, passionately.

"Bottom line sweetheart, I wouldn't take my family somewhere they would be hurt or in any danger. I swear, I love you, and I keep whom I love safe; there are no lines I wouldn't cross for you. None, so have faith in me that this is the right move for us," he said and I could only fold my hands on my lap exploring his mind and what those words meant. Waiting on me he went to retrieve his laptop sitting next to me, bringing up documents, and what I could tell were floor plans and photos.

"There are private homes, but also one large pack house-"

"Why have private homes if the point was to keep your pack together?"

"Not all would want to stay there at all times, however they could if needed," he said showing me pictures and I had to admit the few I saw were simply breath taking. It was lush, green, thick forests, small quaint town, some gravel and dirt roads. I truly loved what he created, it was cozy, appeared safe and isolated, the last two the greatest appeals.

"So you want to live in the middle of nowhere?" I teased him, but I was wondering why he made a big deal about me leaving at first but now he was ready to tie me up and stick me in the trunk- "I'd never stick you in the trunk sweetheart, but you are going," he answered – voice full of mirth – halting my thoughts.

I nodded, but... "I'm not sure going to the middle of nowhere alone-" he shook his head putting the laptop to face me. "We won't be alone, we will be near three other Alphas; your uncle Wolf, his pack lives in Blackshore. Alpha Logan, who... is like me in many ways, his pack resides partially in southern California but the bulk live in Havencrest, and Alpha Kaden lives in Wolfshore. There's a lot that I have to explain Chelsea, because when I set out to do that, as I said I reached out to many, however, none were Alpha's – those three sought me out," his voice level, I rested back listening to what he had to say until I came to an unfaltering, resolute conclusion.

My mate was a brilliant, extraordinary man.

Our mate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

948K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
100K 4.8K 55
After a wolf is killed in defense of a shaky alliance, a life-debt binds Kiera to a new pack and forces her to leave her home to fill the empty space...
5.1K 43 72
In the madness of the world there is still a perfection yet to be destroyed by no one, a love story between Kylie and Tate. Fate brought them togethe...
6.1M 146K 41
Ariana Belle was the typical quiet girl. She was the weak link in the ferocious Crimson Pack. She was shunned by everyone except for two people, her...