Rehab, Actors & Love

By BriNanny17

Dylan O'Brien is Hollywood's rising bad boy. Rising because he doesn't quite have the reputation yet. But he'... More

The New Boy In Town
Silent Treatment
Big Actor, Bigger Ego
A Day of Speaking
Good News/Bad News
Storied Past
His First Counseling Session
Returning the Gesture
Investigation
The Truth and Goodbye
Losing Hope
Suicide Watch
Guilt Round 2
The Visitor
A Date Under Lockdown
Starting Over
Insecurities
Results and A Confession
*First Love
Waiting
Perfect Together
Always And Forever
Not Used To Normal
A Year Later

Too Well For Too Long

376 9 0
By BriNanny17

The next week I went through the processes of getting ready to leave. I had to go through several tests to make sure I was okay to leave. My parents came and started the paperwork that takes 2-3 days to process. Jack and Jason came after school and helped me pack. As the week came to an end, it got more and more real.

"Let me guess, it just got real that you're leaving in two days."

I turned around to see Dylan in my doorway, his arms crossed as he leaned against the doorframe. "Maybe," I shrugged, making him laugh.

He walked into the room and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me into his chest. "I can't imagine what you must be feeling," Dylan whispered.

I leaned my head against his chest, a sigh leaving my lips. "After a rollercoaster of a year, I'm finally going home. Home home. All the tests, appointments, therapy sessions, medicine trials, painful PT. I feel like all of this, not just me leaving Sunday morning, is a dream and I'm terrified I'm going to wake up."

Dylan pulled out of the hug, turned me around, and used his finger to make me look up at him. He smiled before leaning down and pressing a kiss to my lips. I instantly got lost in the kiss as our lips started moving in sync. Dylan was the first to pull away, a playful smirk on his face.

"Did that feel like a dream?" He teased.

"Little bit," I shrugged. Dylan smirked at me with a small laugh.

"I have an idea," Dylan said randomly. "What if I take you out on Saturday night to celebrate you going home? I know this local dance studio that holds open dance parties every weekend. It's not super crazy. Mainly just dancers who attend the studio, their families, and sometimes older couples who come to waltz. It could be fun."

I smiled as he reached up and scratched the back of his neck nervously. "That sounds like a lot of fun. We can make it into a whole night. We can get all dressed up, go to dinner before. It'll be really fun."

He let out a sigh of relief as he nodded along with my suggestions. Suddenly, the smile fell from his lips.

"You know nothing is going to change between us once you go home, right? I know I start filming my new movie soon, but I'm not going to drop you or forget about you or ignore you. We'll still talk every day, hang out around our schedules, go on dates where we outrun paparazzi," he said, making me laugh. "We'll still be. . ."

"Together?" I asked, finishing his sentence when he didn't.

"More than that," he said, shaking his head softly. "I know I haven't officially asked you yet, but I just figured we were already. . ."

"Already what?"

He hesitated before speaking up. "Will you be my girlfriend, officially?"

I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my lips. "Of course," I said, a small giggle escaping my lips.

Dylan smirked as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck as our lips moved in sync.

"Enough of that." We pulled apart and turned around to see Evan smirking at us from the doorway.

"Sorry," we said in sync as we stepped away from each other. Evan laughed as he walked into my room. His smile fell as he looked around at the boxes the movers my parents hired were supposed to come to pick up Sunday morning.

"Wow," he said under his breath. "I can't believe after all this time, you're leaving." He looked over at me, tears in his eyes. I smiled as I walked over and gave him a hug.

"Don't get me wrong," he said as he pulled out of the hug. "I'm happy you're better, but I'm a little sad you're leaving."

"And you say you don't pick favorites," Dylan joked.

Evan sent him a playful glare as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "Della is my favorite," he said, failing to keep his glare.

There was an awkward silence that Evan broke by clearing his throat and unwrapping his arm from my shoulders.

"So, movers are coming Sunday morning with your parents when they come to pick you up," Evan ran through the plans. "Your mom wanted me to remind you to pack clothes for tomorrow, tomorrow night and Sunday morning in a backpack or overnight bag that you can easily throw in their car when they get here."

I nodded, already having that bag packed. I looked over at Dylan to see him smiling at me. I turned my head when I noticed Evan staring at me weirdly.

"Evan?" I said, hesitantly. "You okay?"

"Yep," he said, popping the "p", trying to sound okay. "Actually, no. I'm not."

I gasped as he pulled me back into a hug. I laughed as I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm so proud of you," he whispered, not pulling out of the hug. "I know it hasn't been easy on you and there were many times you wanted to give up. But you never did and it finally paid off. Out of all my patients, I've helped at the center, you're the one I'm most proud of."

He finally pulled out of the hug and reached up, catching a tear with his thumb. "I shouldn't say this but, since you're leaving the day after tomorrow, I'm gonna say it away," he smirked. "I love you, Della."

"I love you too, Evan." I laughed, another tear sliding down my cheek.

This time, I was the one who initiated the hug. He gently squeezed me before letting me go. He pulled out of the hug, his hands still on my arms as he studied me. His eyes drifted to Dylan behind us. I watched as he walked over and shook his hand.

"You take care of her," Evan threatened. "You hear me? If I find out you broke her heart, I will hunt you down and kick your ass."

"Evan," I sighed, laughing slightly.

"Don't worry," Dylan said, glancing at me before turning his attention back to Evan. "I'll take good care of her. I promise."

"I'm gonna hold you to that," Evan said, finally letting go of Dylan's hand. Once Evan wasn't holding him captive, I walked over to Dylan and wrapped my arm around his waist.

"Before you leave Sunday, I want you to come to say goodbye to me," Evan said, turning towards me. "You better not leave without saying bye to me."

I let out a small laugh as I smiled at him. "Wouldn't dream of it."

* * * * *

Saturday morning, my mom helped me finish packing. After she left, I went to lunch with Evan where we talked about my progress and his next patient. I smiled as he walked me back to my room for the last time. We stopped outside my door, neither one of us saying anything but neither one of us reaching for the doorknob.

I looked over at him and gathered my courage. "Evan?" I said softer than I meant to.

"Yeah," he said looking at me. "What's up, kiddo?"

"I just wanted to say thank you. I wouldn't have gotten better if it wasn't for you. You were one of the only people who didn't give up on me. Even through all my refuses to communicate, my eye rolls, my obvious disobeying your suggestions, you stuck by me. Through all of it. Thank you."

Evan smiled as he pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck as he rubbed my back, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"You're welcome," he whispered. He pulled out of the hug, slightly rubbing my arms. "If you ever need anything, and I mean anything, just give me a call."

"I will," I smiled as he reached up and caught a tear that had fallen.

"Get some rest. You got a big day of moving ahead of you." He smiled. "After your date with Dylan," he added, a smirk forming on his lips. I tried to ignore the blush rising up my cheeks as he sent me a knowing look.

"You really like him, don't you?" He chuckled.

"Yeah," I nodded. "In fact. . . I think I'm in love with him."

Suddenly, Evan's eyes filled with tears. "What?" I asked when I saw the way he was looking at me.

"It's just," he sighed. "You know how I think of you as my little sister."

I nodded, encouraging him to continue. "It's just. . . Watching you grow, not just physically but. . . You let someone in. Deeper than how far you let Dr. Hailey and me in. You fell in love and I. . . I couldn't be prouder."

I laughed as he pulled me back into his chest, hugging me tightly. "I know I should let you go," he sighed, not pulling out of the hug. He held onto me for a few more seconds before finally letting me go.

"Thank you," I said before I could stop myself. "I feel like I can't say that enough."

He laughed as he reached up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, his hand lingering on my cheek. "Now that you have your life back, I want you to go and live it. I know that the center and the accident took a lot of time and energy but I don't want anything holding you back from living the life you deserve. Whether that life is with Dylan or with another boy you meet somewhere else, just promise me you'll live."

"I will," I smiled, trying to stop my eyes from watering. With his hand still on my cheek, he pulled me in and kissed my forehead.

"Proud of you, kiddo."

* * * * *

I looked at myself in the mirror, smiling when I noticed the bags under my eyes were gone, I didn't look like I was starving myself, and the scars on my neck were even going away. I fixed my dress before turning around to my almost empty room.

I didn't have much stuff to begin with. Mostly clothes, my computer, some random things in my desk, textbooks, a few pictures of my family. I didn't really understand why my parents insisted on hiring movers considering between the five of us, and maybe Dylan and Evan, we could've all done it in two or three trips easily.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door. I grabbed my purse, putting my phone into it as I walked over and opened the door. A smile instantly spread on Dylan's lips when he saw me.

"Wow," he said under his breath. "You look beautiful."

"You always say that," I blushed, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Because it's always true," he smirked as he stepped forward and grabbed my waist, pulling me into his chest. He didn't hesitate to lean down and press his lips to mine. I smiled into the kiss as I kissed him back.

He pulled away and whispered, "You ready?"

I bit my lip and nodded. He smiled down at me and grabbed my hand. We were quiet as we walked out to his car. The radio softly played as he drove us to dinner.

He pulled up to the front of the restaurant, slightly smirking when he saw the look of surprise of my face.

"Is this. . . Is this necessary?" I whispered.

"Only the best for my girl," he said as he winked. I blushed as he got out of the car and handed his keys to the guy at the desk. Another valet was about to open my door but Dylan stopped him.

"I got it," I heard him say. He turned towards the door and smirked when he saw me watching him. He sent me a wink as he opened the door for me. I bit my lip as he grabbed my hand and helped me out of his car.

As we walked into the restaurant, I noticed him a little jumpy. "You okay?" I asked as he walked in and let out the breath he was holding.

"Yeah," he sighed. He sent me a look before saying, "I just. . . I was worried that the paparazzi would find us again and ruin tonight."

I pulled on his hand, turning him towards me. Before he could say anything, I stood on my toes and pressed my lips to his. I felt him smile into the kiss as he started moving his lips against mine. I pulled away, lowering off my toes.

"For once in my life, I'm happy. I'm 85% better, I'm finally going back home tomorrow. And you want to know the best thing?" I smiled up at him as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You, Dylan. You're the best thing in my life right now. You are the first person I have ever fully opened up to. I'm better, I get to go home, and I have you in my life. Nothing could ruin tonight."

"Even creepy dudes taking pictures of us?" He asked, a playful smirk on his face.

"Even creepy dudes hiding in the bushes," I laughed.

"I'm sorry," he sighed. "I just. . ."

"You're still trying to make up for the accident," I said, my heart dropping into my stomach.

"I'm sorry, Dells. I can't help it. I look at you and see how amazing and beautiful you are and how caring you are and. . . I took your entire life away from you, Della. I took. . . I took your voice."

He stopped talking when he saw the tears in my eyes. "Dylan, please. Stop." I said my voice breaking. "Stop thinking like that. I don't blame you for what happened."

"I don't want you to wake up one day when you realize what I took from you and. . . And hate me."

"I could never hate you, Dylan," I said quickly, my voice breaking.

"Promise?" He said, he said softly.

I reached up and cupped both of his cheeks in my hands. "I promise," I whispered.

He smiled before quickly pulling me into his chest and pressing his lips to mine. We pulled apart when someone cleared their throat.

We laughed when we saw the hostess smiling at us. "Do you two lovebirds have a reservation?"

"We do," Dylan laughed as he grabbed my hand and led me over to the hostess stand.

"Name?" She smiled between the two of us.

"O'Brien," Dylan said, giving my hand a squeeze. We walked over to our table and sat down.

"Dylan?" I said softly. "I hate that you still think about the accident."

"I'm sorry, Della. I'm really trying to forget but. . . I was selfish and did this to you and. . ."

"Dylan," I cut him off. "I love that the accident happened."

"What?" He asked, sort of laughing.

"Yep," I laughed, popping the 'p'. "I'm happy the accident happened. Because of that accident, I have you."

He smiled as he stood up and leaned over the table to press his lips to mine. He sat back down right as the waiter walked over. We spent the rest of dinner, talking about his latest movie and me moving home.

"I bet the boys are excited for you to come home," Dylan laughed.

"They really are," I smiled, looking down at my half-eaten dessert. "They have this long list of what they want to do once I move back home. From movie nights where we sleep in the living room, brother-sister dates, and meeting all their friends."

"They really love you," he sighed. I reached across the table and grabbed his hand.

"They'll learn to love you," I said, sending him a look. "Especially when they realize how happy you make me."

"You think so?"

"I know so," I laughed. "They're protective, but all you have to do is watch a football game with them or play video games with them and they will try and take you away from me."

"They won't," he smirked at me. "But I am determined to get them to like me."

"They will, Dylan. I promise."

* * * * *

Dylan and I walked into the dance studio, a smile immediately forming on my lips when I saw the friends and families dancing together. "Is this okay?" He asked softly.

"This is perfect," I smiled. He smiled back as he led me over to where everyone else was dancing. We spent the rest of the night, dancing to the music.

As we were dancing, there was a weird feeling in my throat. I tried to ignore it, not wanting to ruin this night, but the more we danced, the worse the feeling got.

I tried to cover it up, but Dylan saw right through me. "Della? Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I said, carefully trying to ignore the pain in my throat.

A little bit later, he asked again. "Della," he sighed, pulling me to the side. "What's going on? Every time you swallow, you cringe. Are you. . . Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." My voice failed me as it broke. When it cracked, I started coughing. Once I had calmed down, I looked at my hand. My heart dropped when I saw a few drops of blood.

"Della? Is that. . . Are you. . . That's blood."

I opened and closed my mouth, my eyes watering as I couldn't look up at him.

"Della? How long has your throat been bothering you?"

"A few songs after we got here."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked softly.

"I didn't want to ruin the date," I whispered, still looking down. I held my breath when he used his pointer finger to lift my chin. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

"You should've told me your throat was bothering you. I want you to feel like you can tell me anything. Especially something that has to do with your throat."

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

He smiled at me, but his smile quickly fell. "What hurts, babe?"

"Just my throat," I said, my voice breaking as my eyes watered. I tried clearing my throat but it made everything worse. When I started coughing, Dylan instantly led me over to the chairs. He sat me down and started rubbing circles on my back as my coughing slowed down.

"We should get you back to the center," he said gently as he helped me stand up. With his arm tightly wrapped around my waist, he led me out to his car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 291 41
โYou don't want to be here and neither do i, so you're going to follow me to my car and come home with me until we figure out what to do with your fr...
15.5K 499 27
[Book One in the Incandescent Series] The story of a girl who ends up in Beacon Hills and inevitably accepts it hoping to save some lives. Based off...
335 29 20
"Why does he still live there anyways? Does he have a bed in one of the rooms? Does he have clean water? And how the hell does he drive a Camaro but...
4.7K 46 43
Being famous can have its ups and downs a bad thing is the Paparazzi but the good thing is you get to meet new people everyday. Even run into someon...