crumble | h.s

By ulookuglytodaysis

{completed} "I want to go home." I plead. "Do you? Because Lydia, I will take you home myself if that's wha... More

part one: the robbery
part two: aftermath
part three
part four
part five
part six
part seven
part eight
part nine
part ten
part eleven
part twelve
part thirteen
part fourteen
part fifteen
part sixteen
part seventeen
part eighteen
part nineteen
part twenty
part twenty one
part twenty two
part twenty three
part twenty four
part twenty five
part twenty six
part twenty seven
part twenty eight
part twenty nine
part thirty
part thirty one
part thirty two
part thirty three
part thirty four
part thirty five
part thirty six
part thirty seven
part thirty eight
part thirty nine
part forty
part forty one
part forty two
part forty three
part forty five
part forty six
part forty seven
part forty eight
part forty nine
part fifty
part fifty one
part fifty two
part fify three: 72 hours
part fifty four
party fifty five: 48 hours
part fifty six: 24 hours
part fifty seven: goodbye
part fifty eight
part fifty nine
part sixty
Author's Note
Announcement!!!!
RESURRECT
hi :)
surprise ...
new fic!

part forty four

6.8K 149 108
By ulookuglytodaysis

*chapter contains violence.*

Harry Styles

Her soft lips glide with mine as I balance myself on top of her on the bed. She feels and looks like heaven. She had a fresh, straight out of the shower smell that was intoxicating.

"I'll be back in the morning, baby." I say in between kisses. I told her that I had to go in to work for the night because I didn't during the day.

"I'm gonna miss you." Lydia says, pouting her bottom lip. I smirk and tuck her slightly damp hair behind her ear.

"Just go to sleep and I'll be here when you wake up." I say softly.

She cups my cheek in her hand and kisses me gently once more. "Okay." she whispers.

"Goodnight, Lyds." I say and stand up. She smiles at me then tucks herself into the bed sheets. I look at her one last time before flicking the light off and closing the door.

I walk down the stairs and grab my leather jacket before exiting the apartment and locking the door behind me.

The thrill of revenge engulfed me. I had fury and excitement coursing through my body. I was out for blood...and so much of it.

I took the back exit of the building, where only the boys and I had access to. I was greeted by a big white van which had Louis, Liam, Zayn and Niall standing in front of it.

"There he is." Louis smirks, holding a large duffel bag. He unzips it and reaches inside, tossing me a white mask.

"Let's do this." Niall jumps in excitement. The boys cheer and hop in the van. Liam, Zayn and Niall jump into the back, while Louis gets into the drivers seat and I sit in the passengers.

"I gotta say, Harry...this might be your best idea yet." Liam grips my shoulders from behind me, causing me to exhale a chuckle through my nose.

We haven't done something like this for a while. I could practically see the adrenaline and elation inside of them. It only fired me up more.

"Just like old times." Louis smirks, looking to the side at me. I nod and smirk in return.

Louis was the first one that I asked to help me with this, because I knew he wouldn't even have to think twice about saying yes. He lived for this stuff...and there was a point where I did too, that's why he was my best friend.

All of the boys put their masks over their faces. The van was filled with five leather jacket wearing gang members with mask covered faces. Anyone that saw us would be terrified, and that's what I used to feed off of.

The euphoric feeling of making people tremble in fear was like an addiction, and here I was relapsing.

It's funny how quickly you can get back into old habits.

Louis drove the van out of the lot and raced down the highway. We only had a matter of time before James got off his shift at the diner. The plan was to grab him and get as much information out of him as possible...then I was going to kill him. I wasn't sure how yet...I just knew that I wanted that bastard to suffer for everything he's done to Lydia.

The atmosphere reeked of anticipation...and cigarette smoke. Both windows were rolled down so that the smoke from our cigarettes could drift outside. I took long, calming drags from mine, letting the smoke snake down my throat. My mask sat on top of my head so that my mouth had access to the cigarette.

We were driving for what felt like forever. I was so eager to give this fucker a taste of his own medicine.

Louis parked the van on the side of the road outside of the parking lot of the diner. There was only one car, and it was James'. That meant he was the only one there, and he was closing.

We all put our masks back over our faces. Louis and I got out of our seats and walked around to the back of the van to open the doors. I looked around us quickly to make sure no one was watching. From the looks of it, there was no one in sight.

I zipped open the duffel bag and grabbed a gun for myself, as well as Louis and Niall. I also grabbed a pocket knife and tucked into the back pocket of my jeans.

"Liam, Zayn, you guys stay here and keep the doors open. Make sure no one else comes around." I say quietly. They nod and tuck their own guns into their waistbands.

Louis, Niall and I walked away from the van and crept into the parking lot. The only light was from the inside of the diner. Through the large windows, I could see that it was completely empty of any customers.

The boys and I split up. I made my way to James' car and pulled out the pocket knife. I flicked it open and crept around his car, slashing all four tires multiple times.

Against my better judgement, I used the knife to scrape "KINGS" into the grey paint of his car, and pulled out a plastic red circle that symbolized our gang. I placed it on the hood of his car.

Louis was crouched down behind a bush, while Niall stood silently at the end of the building, blending into the darkness.

I hurried over to the side of the small building, pressing my body against the wall. I was positioned so that when James came out, his back would be turned to me. He wouldn't see me coming.

I could hear my blood pumping. It was dead silent. I could barely contain myself, adrenaline was building and building...

...and that's when the door of the diner opened.

I peeked my head around the corner. I could see James walking towards his car with his keys in his hand.

I couldn't see Louis or Niall, but I knew that they could see James as well.

I watched silently as James approached his car. I took a step forward, then two more.

I kept slowly striding towards him until he stopped dead in his tracks, looking at his car.

I smirked to myself as he cursed "What the fuck!"

I turned my head to the side and saw Niall slowly approaching James from his left. James hadn't noticed Niall yet, which only made the whole thing more amusing.

"Tough luck?" Niall speaks lowly through the mask, causing James to whip his head to the side in the direction of his voice.

James backs up in fear. He was unarmed because he couldn't take a gun into the diner. He was right where I wanted him.

I see Louis walk into the light. James notices his presence and I watch as panic spreads across his face.

"L-leave me alone." he stutters, causing Louis to snicker. He and Niall stand around a fearful James, staring at him through their masks.

"I know who you are." James mutters. "Where's your leader, huh?" his voice remains low and shaky.

Louis and Niall only continue staring.

"Where's Styles?" James raises his voice, trying to sound brave.

I let out a low chuckle as I'm hidden in the darkness. James head turns in the direction of me.

I take slow strides out into the light, with my hands in my pockets.

"You know, James..." I start. "I remember when you attacked me out here." I say, smirking.

His eyes widen at the sight of me as he turns his whole body to face my direction.

"I remember when you had me pinned to the ground...right there." I point to the spot where he held me down.

James gulps nervously. Sweat was beading down his forehead.

Louis silently and slowly approaches James from behind, holding a fabric bag and duct tape in his hand.

"I also remember how you said that you were going to kill me if I ever showed my face around here again." I chuckle and tilt my head. James stays silent, his lips were parted and his hands were clenched into fists.

"It's really quite funny...how quickly the tables can turn..." I say.

Louis gets closer and closer to James.

"Because now, I'm going to be the one that kills you."

With that, Louis lunges at James and throws the bag over his head. Niall rushes towards them as James thrashes around.

I watch with my hands behind my back as they wrestle him to the ground. Niall pins James' head to the ground while Louis sits on his back and brings his hands behind him.

I smirk as James helplessly screams while Louis tapes his hands as well as wraps the tape around the bag to secure it to his head.

Louis throws the roll of tape to the side and pulls out his gun.

"There's a gun to your head. Shut up and walk." he mutters into James' ear while holding the gun to his temple.

Niall and Louis force James up by his arms and walk him forward. Louis holds the gun firmly to James' skull so hat he doesn't struggle.

I walk in front of them, leading them back to the van.

I approach the large white vehicle and pound my fists on the back doors. I'm met with Zayn and Liam's mask covered faces swinging open the two doors.

I step out of the way so Louis and Niall can throw James in the back. He lands on his stomach and tries to roll himself over to sit up. He shakes his head aggressively to try and get the bag off of his head, but to no avail.

I smirk underneath my mask in amusement.

Niall hops in to the back of the van with Liam and Zayn, while Louis and I rush to the front and hop in the seats.

I feel adrenaline kicking in as I realize that I finally had James. I've been waiting and craving for this moment for so long, and it was finally happening.

He's brought me and Lydia so much pain...and now it was my turn. I may not have killed him the night that I shot him, but this time I'm going to make sure he dies and that he suffers while doing it.

"That was fuckin' incredible!" Louis cheers, pounding his fists on the steering wheel as he drove.

I laugh at his amusement while we race down the highway.

We weren't bringing him back to headquarters, because he'd just be thrown into a dungeon where someone else would deal with him. That just wouldn't do.

I wanted...I needed to be the one who dealt with him. I wanted to inflict pain onto every inch of his body and watch the light leave his eyes. I wanted this mother fucker to die on my behalf and on my terms.

So, we're going to bring him back to the house and throw him in the basement. We're going to torture some information out of him and then we're going to kill him.

We drive for a while until Louis makes the familiar turn into our hidden driveway.

The house was exactly how we left it. It was weird being here again, especially without Lydia and even more because I knew I was here to do terrible things.

I missed Lydia. I couldn't wait to get back to her...but this had to happen before anything else.

We brought an unconscious James inside the house and down to the basement where we tied him to a chair, with his arms taped to each arm of the seat.

Liam, Niall, Zayn and Louis all stood behind him...while I pulled up a chair and sat in front of him with my elbows propped on my knees and my fingers intertwined in front of me.

I just sat and stared at him for a while. I thought about everything he's done, and everything I'm going to do to him. He deserved pain. He was going to get pain. And so much of it.

I leaned forward and ripped the bag off of his head. His head hung low to his chest because of his unconscious state.

I stood up and grabbed a fistful of his hair, forcing his head up and then punched him directly in the nose.

He immediately flicked his head to the side and started coughing. Blood was gushing out of his nose. He started to look around him in panic as he woke up.

When his eyes landed on me standing in front of him, he started jolting in the chair. He was trying with all his might to loosen the restraints but Louis has done this stuff before. There was no way James was getting out of this.

"You're only going to tire yourself out." I say lowly, staring at him with my arms crossed.

"What the fuck do you want from me!" he spits.

I shake my head and step towards him. His eyes follow my movements.

I raise my hand and direct another hard punch to his face, this time hitting him directly in the mouth.

"If you knew what was good for you, you wouldn't raise your fucking voice at me." I scowl.

He spits blood on the ground and takes heavy breaths, slowly turning his head to look back up at me.

"I have a family." he mutters.

"Frankly, I don't fucking care." I shake my head.

His nose scrunches in anger. "You're sick." he spits through clenched, blood covered teeth.

"Should have thought about your family before you joined a fucking gang." I say, my voice raising with every word.

"Fuck you."

I crouch down to his level, right in front of his face. He watches me with eyes that are filled with fury.

"Do you know why you're here tonight, James?" I ask in a calm voice.

He stares at me with hatred in his eyes, but remains silent.

I look back at him and snap my fingers as Zayn's cue to hand me the envelope with the pictures of Lydia and I inside.

James eyes follow my hands as I pull out the two photographs that have brought me so much worry.

"What do you know about these?" I say, my voice low and monotone.

His brows raise when he sees the photographs, but he quickly tries to keep his face straight and poker like.

"I don't know anything." he lies.

I sigh and stand tall again. I flick my eyes to Louis.

"You're up." I shrug.

Louis smirks and grabs a metal bat from the shelf, swinging it around in his hand as he walks in front of James.

James eyes widen in fear and he starts jolting around in his seat again.

"Should've answered the fucking question." Louis says before raising the bat and slamming it down on James' exposed right hand.

James screams out in agony.

"I did answer your fucking question!" he shouts through his pain.

"You lied." I reply, standing in front of him and Louis with folded arms.

James tosses his head back, biting his bottom lip to contain his screams.

I looked down at his crushed hand. It was definitely broken. It was starting to bruise around each of his obliterated knuckles.

"Let's try this again." I say and hold out the two photographs in front of his face. "What do you know about these."

He pinches his eyes shut tightly and shakes his head.

Liam quickly comes up behind him and grabs James' hair, forcing him to look at me.

"Fucking answer him." Liam demands through clenched teeth into James' ear.

"I took them!" James shouts.

"You took them for the Phantoms? Or just for your own enjoyment." I question.

James opens his eyes and looks up at me, taking deep breaths.

"S-someone paid me to take them." he replies. Liam let's go of his grip on James' hair.

"Who?" I furrow my brows.

"Just kill me." James' voice cracks.

"Don't you fucking worry, I plan on it. But first...you're going to tell me everything you know." I growl.

James shakes his head and licks his swollen lips.

"You're not getting anything else out of me, Styles."

I dip my head down in anger and look at my shoes. He really didn't get it. He really didn't understand that I was getting closer and closer to ripping his fucking head off.

I slowly walk towards the shelf that was littered with weapons. I reach and grab a switchblade and hold it tightly in my hand.

I walk over to James, who instantly starts to panic when he sees the knife in my hand.

"No no no please." he shakes his head and tries to lean away from me.

I crouch down in front of his chair once more, looking directly into his eyes.

"You gonna talk?" I ask.

His lips form into a shaky line before he shakes his head.

"Alright then." I shrug and bring the knife to his chest. I quickly slash it across his skin, breaking it open and causing his now ripped shirt to become soaked in blood.

James shouts in pain, but I wasn't finished.

I made another slash across his cheek, causing blood to ooze out of the cut.

"Stop!" he screams.

Ignoring his pleads, I bring the knife down to his middle finger on his non-beaten hand.

I place it down right above the second knuckle and apply light pressure.

"Anything you wanna tell me, James?" I tilt my head.

"Fuck you." he spits.

I apply more pressure with knife, enough to break the skin slightly.

"What was that?" I ask calmly.

James is shouting in agony, a sound that was music to my ears.

When he refused to answer, I pushed down harder, completely sinking into his flesh.

James pained screams filled the room as I pushed the knife slowly down his open finger, feeling bone at this point.

"Harry's he's going to die from blood loss before we can get anything out of him." Niall says from behind James' chair

But rage was taking over my body. My ears were ringing and my eyes were glossy. I just wanted him dead. I wanted to watch him bleed out.

James continued to wail in what seemed like excruciating pain. I raised the small knife, planning to sever his finger completely.

But then the basement door opened.

Something was thrown into the room. All of our heads snapped towards the sound of whatever it was hitting the floor at the bottom of the stairs. I couldn't even make sense of anything before smoke started filling the room.

Within a few seconds, all I could see were blurry figures through the thick smoke that wasn't clearing up.

I heard booming footsteps and muffled yells enter the basement.

The fucking Phantoms.

Someone wearing what looked like a gas mask approached me and pushed me away from James' chair.

I pinched my eyes shut as smoke seeped into them all while being pushed and held to the floor by three other people.

I could hear the other boys yelling. I couldn't make out what was happening to them.

One of the men held my ankles, while another held my wrists down on either side of my head. The third man held my head down by keeping his hand on my forehead.

I struggled and yelled, trying to escape their hold.

"Harry!" I hear Niall yell.

I heard Louis and Liam shout multiple curses.

I couldn't hear Zayn.

The smoke was starting to fill my lungs. I began to choke and cough at the lack of air, but the man holding me down by my head snapped his hand over my mouth so that I could only breathe through my nose.

I forced myself to hold my breath for as long as possible, not to let any more smoke enter my body.

I was struggling to hold on to consciousness by the second.

"Let's go!" an unfamiliar voice yells from across the room.

The men holding me down let go of me quickly and bolted for the direction of the stairs.

The moment my mouth was free, I lifted my shirt over my nose and mouth and sucked in a huge breath while coughing.

The smoke was starting to clear up. I looked around to see the damage.

I saw Niall struggling to sit back up from being knocked to his side.

I saw Liam hunched over with his hand over his stomach where he was most likely kicked.

I saw Louis forcing his weakened body to his knees while choking and coughing on air.

James was absent from the chair. The tape that held him down was ripped and scattered across the floor beneath the chair.

I knew the Phantoms were behind this. There was never any surrender. It was just a trap.

I looked around the room once more and noticed that there was another body missing from before.

I looked at Louis, Liam, and Niall before dread filled my stomach and I realized...

Zayn was gone.

-

dun dun dun

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 7.5K 47
[COMPLETED] It is well known that the world isn't a nice place. There are too many people and not enough humanity. Emma learns this very quickly when...
125K 3.6K 57
[COMPLETED] "The only thing I've ever been scared of, Lydia, is losing you." - Lydia and Harry have finally began that 'next chapter' that they've b...
42.3K 688 64
*Story contains mature and explicit content* "Something wrong sweetheart ?" Harry's cocky tone only makes my blood boil more, and I don't even think...
12.8K 344 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...