A Source's Existence

By lucyluellen

[BOOK ONE] Two who appear to be completely different people turn out to be exactly the same... 19-year-old E... More

1 - Sawyer
2 - Eli
3 - Sawyer
4 - Sawyer
5 - Sawyer
6 - Eli
7 - Sawyer
8 - Sawyer
9 - Eli
10 - Sawyer
11 - Eli
12 - Jamie
13 - Jamie
14 - Sawyer
15 - Jamie
16 - Eli
17 - Sawyer
18 - Jamie
19 - Grace
20 - Lillette
21 - Lillette
22 - Eli
23 - Sawyer
24 - Eli
25 - Sawyer
26 - Jamie
27 - Levin
28 - Eli
29 - Sawyer
30 - Lillette
31 - Sawyer
32 - Eli
33 - Sawyer
34 - Jamie
36 - Eli
37 - Jamie
38 - Sawyer
39 - Lillette
40 - Jamie
41 - Eli
42 - Eli
43 - Eli
44 - Jamie
45 - Lillette
46 - Sawyer
47 - Sawyer
48 - Sawyer
49 - Tyler
50 - Laura
51 - Lillette
52 - Laura
53 - Lillette
54 - Eli
55 - Grace
56 - Sawyer
57 - Jamie
58 - Jamie
59 - Sawyer
60 - Sawyer
61 - Sawyer
62 - Sawyer
63 - Eli
64 - Sawyer
65 - Sawyer
66 - Sawyer
67 - Eli
68 - Sawyer
69 - Jamie
Epilogue - Unknown

35 - Lillette

42 6 5
By lucyluellen

Okay,  I  gotta  give  it  to  him.  Jamie's  pretty  damn  smart.  How  he  was  able  to  think  of  that.  I  never  would've  thought  of  any  of  that,  and  it  really  takes  a  leap  of  faith  for  him  to  do  this.  He's  probably  the  craziest  person  I  have  ever  met,  honestly. 

He's really desperate to find his best friend Sawyer again. Sawyer looking for this source, in my opinion, is kind of stupid. You know just because she has powers, doesn't mean she can find a source. A source can literally be anything. Its existence may even be invisible and traveling, you know?

Today's date is  an  odd  day,  so  it's  a  school  day.  On  even  days  here  we  train  for  our  powers,  and  odd  days  we  go  to  school  and  actually  learn  things.  I'm  in  chemistry  right  now,  the  class  I  hate  the  most.

The  one  thing  I  like  about  it  is  Emmet.  He  sits  three  seats  away  from  me,  and  two  seats  in  front  of  me.  For  so  long  I've  never  liked  the  idea  of  a  relationship,  but  with  him,  it  makes  me  want  one.  I  don't  know  what's  so  different.  He's  just  so...  wow... 

The  thing  is  I  also  like  someone  else  though.  I've  liked  him  for  so  long,  and  I'm  too  afraid  to  talk  to  him,  but  swear  I  am  absolutely  in  love  with  him.

I  glance  over  at  Emmet from  my  paper.  Oh  my  God,  he's  looking  at  me.  That  smirk  that  all  girls  want  to  be  looked  at  by  a  guy  kind  of  look.  Once  he  sees  that  I'm  looking  at  him,  he  turns  back  in  front  quickly. 

A  spring  of  joy  runs  through  me.  I  smile  so  big  it  starts  hurting. 

Oh  my  God  I  suddenly  hear  in  my  head.  I  jump,  turning  around  at  my  friend  Veronica,  who  just  telepathically  spoke  to  me.  It  sucks  to  have  telepathy,  because  this  random  voice  appears  in  your  head  and  you  don't  know  where  it  comes  from  sometimes.  Veronica  always  scares  the  living  hell  out  of  me  when  she  talks  to  me.  You  and  Emmet  are  totally  looking  at  each  other!

What?!  No  we're  not!  Jesus!  I  exclaim  to  her.  She  looks  at  me  smirking,  raising  her  eyebrows.

See  him  after  class!  Because  I  already  ship  it!  exclaims  Veronica. 

Dude!  We've  only  done  brief  small  talk!  Calm  down  woman!  I  exclaim.  Veronica  giggles. 

Limmett.  Omg  it  works  so  well! 

I  roll  my  eyes  and  turn  back  to  my  paper. She makes me cringe sometimes. That's  the  part  I  hate  about  relationships.  Ship  names.  I  always  doze  off  when  my  friends  talk  about  their  ships,  because  they're  just  to  damn  ridiculous.

I  make  a  quick  glance  over  to  Emmet. 

He's  looking  at  me  again.  Turning  away  quickly,  again. 

Um...  wow...  I  have  a  feeling  he  likes  me  too.  Just  a  small  one...  but  a  feeling  is  a  feeling. 

Once  the  bell  rings,  and  we  all  get  up  from  our  seats,  and  walk  out  to  the  hallway.  Veronica  goes  up  next  to  me. 

"That  boy,  is  meant  for  you!"  she  exclaims. 

"I  kind  of  think  you're  overreacting  here."  I  say  to  her. 

"Lillette,"  I  hear  next  to  me  suddenly.  I  jump,  turning  to  where  I  heard  it.  And  it  just  happens  to  be  Emmet.  He  looks  at  me  smiling.  Veronica  smirks  at  me,  giving  me  a  nudge  on  the  arm,  as  she  walks  away  leaving  me  with  Emmet. 

I  feel  my  cheeks  get  heated.  I  walk  up  to  him  slowly. 

"Hey,"  I  say.

"Uh  hi,"  he  says.  "Heard  you  got  a  perfect  score  on  the  test.  And  I'm  the  one  with  enhanced  intelligence,  and  I  got  four  wrong."

I  raise  my  eyebrows. 

"Really?"  I  say  weirdly. 

"Yeah,  my  friends  gave  me  so  much  crap  for  it."  he  says  with  a  chuckle.  I  giggle,  awkwardly,  looking  down  at  the  floor.  We  stand  there  for  a  few  long  seconds,  until  he  says  something. 

"Hey,  um...  are  you  free,  like  right  now?  Because  I  have  my  free  period  now...  I  don't  know  about  you,  but  thought  you'd  may  wanna..."  his  voice  trails  off.

"...Go  for  a  walk...  around  the  grounds...?"  I  finish  for  him.  He  stares  at  me,  as  if  he  doesn't  know  what  I  think  yet.

"Um,  yes.  It  can  be  as  friends...  or  it  can  be  as  like...  you  know,  more  than  that..."  he  says  to  me. 

My  emotions  are  exploding  inside,  but  I'm  keeping  my  cool.

"Um......  yeah!"  I  exclaim.  "Sure!"

Emmet  smiles  brightly. 

"All  right!  All  right!  Nice!"  he  exclaims.  "Wait  like  right  now?"

"Yeah!  Yeah!  Why  not?  Heh!"  I  exclaim  chuckling. 

*  *  * 

I  talk  as  he  hands  me  the  cheeseburger  he  snuck  from  the  cafe. 

"Wow,  you  really  know  how  to  sneak  in  and  sneak  out  of  things."  I  say  unwrapping  the  burger,  referencing  to  the  time  they  were  in  the  cage  during  Jamie's  plan.  He  snickers. 

"Heh,  well,  it  is  kind  of  my  thing."  he  says  sitting  down  next  to  me  in  front  of  the  window,  watching  the  sun  set,  the  sky  turning  pink  absent.  I  take  a  bite  of  the  burger,  the  same  old  flavor  as  ever,  but  somehow  incredibly  delicious.

"Oh  my  God,  the  same  old  flavor  but  somehow  I  love  it  every  time."  I  say  chewing.  Emmet  giggles.

"Wow.  You  like  to  eat  cheeseburgers  and  you're  a  twig."  he  says.  I  roll  my  eyes. 

"Yeah  see  my  friends,  they  force  themselves  to  get  eating  disorders.  If  you  wanna  sit  at  their  table,  you  have  to  eat  only  fruit  and  vegetables. But  that  is  not,  stopping  me  from  getting  this  delicious  meal  in  just  maybe  even  once  a  week."  I  say.

"Wow,  do  they  know?"  asks  Emmet.  I  turn  over  to  him  smirking.

"No  they  do  not,"  I  say.  "And  I  have  no  regrets  whatsoever."

He  snickers,  "Ha  nice!"

I  nod,  chewing.  A  while  passes. 

"Hey,  you  got  any  other  powers  besides  illusion  and  telepathy?"  asks  Emmet. 

"Oh  yeah,  two  others.  Enhanced  emotion  and  enhanced  sight."  I  tell  him.  The  enhancements  in  the  book  are  so  hard  to  keep  straight.

"Oh  wow.  I  heard  enhanced  emotion  really  sucks.  People  always  thinking  you're  overdramatic."  says  Emmet. 

"Yeah,  I  guess.  But  I'm  just  generally  overdramatic  honestly,  so  it's  not  too  bad."  I  say.  Emmet  smirks  and  shakes  his  head  at  me.  "Enhanced  sight  is  the  real  thing  that  sucks.  Like  when  you're  looking  in  the  mirror,  you  can  make  your  mind  zoom  in  on  your  face,  and  you  see  all  this  stuff  on  it...  causing  you  to  constantly  pick  at  my  face  and  cause  scabs  and  acne  to  spread  and...  when  you  have  all  this  stuff  on  your  face,  that's  like...  one  of  the  main  things  people  notice  about  you."

Emmet  stares  at  me  confused. 

"It's  not  the  only  thing  I've  noticed."  he  says.  I  turn  to  him,  an  indescribable  feeling  springing  through  my  body.  He  then  reaches  out  to  a  strand  of  hair  over  my  face,  and  moves  it  out  of  the  way,  tucking  it  behind  my  ear. 

Holy  shit. 

This  is  the  most  intense  feeling  I've  ever  felt  in  my  life. 

I  think  it's...  "love".  In  love...  am  I  in  love.

I  smile  slightly. 

"Um...  I  should...  start  heading  to  my  next  class...  now  that  I  think  about  it...  it's  like  five  floors  up,  and  the  elevators  are  down  ever  since  Jamie's  whole  fiasco  down  in  the  lab,  so  I  like...  have  to  use  the  stairs  and  all,"  I  say  standing  up.  He  stands  up  looking  down  at  me,  with  his  bright  green  eyes  wide.  "But,  good  talk."

He  smiles. 

"Yeah,  same  goes  to  you."  he  says.  We  end  up  staring  at  each  other,  until  I  find  myself  walking  closer  to  him.  I  put  my  hands  on  his  arms,  as  we  slowly  make  our  way  towards  each  others  mouths. 

I  suddenly  stop,  when  I  weirdly  feel  his  right  hand  fit  its  way  onto  my  butt,  tightening.

I  stand  there  wide  eyed,  and  back  away  from  him  slightly,  away  from  his  face. 

"Whoa!"  I  exclaim.  He  stares  at  me  weirdly.  His  hand  slides  off. 

"What?"  he  asks,  looking  concerned.  I  stare  at  him,  backing  away  from  him  even  more. 

"What  was  that?"  I  ask,  offended  by  him  looking  as  if  nothing  is  wrong.  He  stares  at  me,  looking  guilty,  trying  to  think. 

"Oh,  oh  that!  Oh  yeah,  I  kind  of  realized  while  that  was  happening  it  felt  wrong  and  all,  but  I  really  wasn't  intending  you  to  make  it  feel  like  that...  but  I  gotta  admit..."  he  says  walking  closer  to  me,  everything  around  me  starting  to  feel  darker  by  the  moment.  "Sometimes  it's  hard  to  let  that  just  slip  by."

I  stare  up  at  him,  the  entire  bottom  half  of  my  body  feeling  heavy,  a  tornado  swirling  around  in  it.

His  handsome  green  eyes  have  now  turned  into  snake  eyes,  staring  down  at  me,  ready  to  sink  his  teeth  in  me. 

This  is  not  the  guy  I  was  looking  for. 

He  just  touched  me.  My  butt

"Hope  we  can  do  this  again  sometime,  Lillette.  Good  talk."  he  says.  He  walks  past  me,  walking  away. 

The  feeling  of  love  had  completely  drained  out  of  me,  and  filling  back  up  with  guilt,  and  helplessness. 

I  can't  believe  that  just  happened. 

A  guy  that  I  liked  has  just  sexually  assaulted  me.

How  the  hell  did  this  happen?  How  the  hell  did  this  happen?! 

The  fast  food  slips  out  of  my  hands  onto  the  floor.

The  bathroom.  The  bathroom,  where  the  hell  is  the  bathroom.  Dammit  dammit  dammit.  The  bathroom,  through  the  lunchroom.

I  sprint  over  to  the  lunchroom.  Between  the  tables,  my  hand  cupping  over  my  mouth,  as  laughter,  frantic  talking,  and  yelling  is  sent  throughout  my  ears. 

"Lillette?  Lillette  are  you  okay?"  I  hear.  That  was  Grace.  But  I  keep  walking  to  the  bathroom.  I  keep  hearing  her  voice  from  behind  me.

I  turn  left,  heading  towards  the  door.  Tears  form  in  my  eyes  as  I  get  closer.

I  throw  open  the  door  of  the  bathroom,  go  over  to  a  stall,  and  shut  it,  locking  it. 

I  sit  on  the  toilet,  breaking  down  completely.

I  went  from  feeling  the  best  feeling  of  my  life  to  the  worst  I've  ever  felt  in  my  life. 

There  is  no  way  in  hell  I  would've  expected  that.  A  guy  I  liked  just  went  to  a  guy  to  sexually  assault  me.

I  hear  the  bathroom  door  open,  and  Grace's  voice. 

"Lillette,  what's  going  on?  What  happened?"  she  asks. 

"Grace,  just  go  away  dammit!"  I  wail,  burying  my  face  in  my  hands.  She  knocks  on  the  door  of  the  stall. 

"Lillette  I  just  wanna  know  if  you're  okay..."  soothes  Grace.  I  wipe  the  tears  from  my  eyes,  and  look  at  the  door  of  the  stall.

"Well  you  do  think,  smartass!  You're  asking  if  I'm  okay  we'll  I'm  crying  in  a  stall,  the  hell  I'm  not  okay!"  I  say  slamming  my  fist  against  the  wall  of  the  stall,  angered.  I  hear  Grace  sigh. 

"Can  I  do  anything?"  she  asks. 

"No!  Just  go  away  and  leave  me  alone!  Please!"  I  exclaim.  She  hasn't  gone  away  yet.  "Go!"

I  hear  her  walk  out  and  close  the  door  behind  her.

The  first  ever  time  I  felt  like  I  was  in  love  has  been  ruined.  Forever.  You  only  fall  in  love  for  the  first  time  once.  I  can't  go  back  and  rewind  it.

Seriously.  I  never  want  to  relive  that  moment  ever  again.  But  it  involves  with  love.  How  am  I  gonna  ever  trust  anyone  falling  in  love  again?

Or  if  I  even  want  to... 

Or  ever  want  to  again...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37.9K 29
(Book 2) *Contains spoilers below* "I needed more closure than what you gave me." I half lied. "It feels like an open wound someone keeps pourin...
1.1K 103 38
Her 18th birthday marks the start of everything. Her powers are awakening, the pieces of the puzzle of the mysterious disappearance of her parents a...
491 84 20
~ Please read this book. It is an original book by myself for the Wattys2015 and I promise you won't regret looking at this. Just so you all know, I...
21.6K 398 19
[Book Two] When she was five-years-old, Adelaide McMillian found a glittering scarlet gem on the shore. Now, thirteen-years-later, she, and seven oth...