Choosing You (Will Turner)

Door bella_parrilla

THIRD BOOK IN YOUNG LOVE SERIES After sailing the ocean to save the Governor's daughter and racing to find th... Meer

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
Epilogue
Author's Note/One More Book

21

5.4K 167 31
Door bella_parrilla

Evelyn leaned on her forearms against the railing of the sleeping Black Pearl. The crew had celebrated their historical victory, drinking and singing until it put them all into a deep sleep. Evelyn was the only one who didn't consume any alcohol. So, she she stood there awake, absorbing the scenery around her: the nearly black ocean water, the glowing night sky, and the stars that shines so bright you could see their reflection in the still water. It was beautiful, truly it was. But it's beauty could shake the blue feeling that swarmed deep inside Evelyn.

While she was happy they had won and made it out alive, she had realized that now it was all over that it was time to go home. Part of her wanted to say on the Pearl and sail out the rest of her days but the other part of her knew it was time to go home. She was over-joyed to see her parents again and to start her life with the man she loved but deep down, Evelyn knew herself. She was going to miss the pirate life, the adventures, and the exploring. She'd miss Jack and the other pirates, she'd even miss the monkey.

Evelyn pulled herself from her thoughts, dropping her gaze down to her hands fiddling with each other. The wind softly began to blow around her, gently swaying her strawberry blonde hair side to side. It was a sweet, chilling feeling to her, almost like a breath of fresh air.

"What are you doing up this late, love?" Jack's voice appeared behind Evelyn. She craned her head over her shoulder, resting her chin on her bare shoulder. A soft smile curled up on her lips as she looked to her friend.

Jack, smiling back as well, began walking over to Evelyn as she replied back to him. "I've just been soaking in the last bit of time left I have on the Pearl." She slowly turned her head back forward and Jack mimicked her stance.

"Got a lot on your mind?" Jack questioned, giving a little shrug as he stared out into the ocean.

A hint of pink washed up on Evelyn's cheeks. She looked down at her hands bashfully. "Part of it." She replied, looking back up at him.

"I know you well enough by now to know when something is wrong." Jack spoke coolly, casually even. He turned his head just enough to look down at her, the corners of his mouth turning up. "What is it?'

Walking forward, Evelyn pushed herself off the railing to stand straight. A little sigh slipped through her noes. She stared back down at the water. "It's just..." She glanced back up to Jack. "I'm just going to miss you and all of this." Using her hands, she gestured around herself, her eyes following as she did so. "I hate going home after being on such a glorious voyage." With her gaze falling, Evelyn dropped her hands on the railing right in front of her chest. "Almost all of my life I spent it in Port Royal. Always watching the sea from a far and being too scared to ever leave and also never being allowed to leave or even breath in any direction my mother didn't find proper." Evelyn pointed out, eyes widening before shaking her head. She relaxed her face, a little smile growing on her pink lips. "And then you came along," she looked up to Jack meeting his grin. "And you take Will and I on this incredible adventure even if it was to save the girl who I grew up hating. I felt that taste of freedom and excitement and adventure. It was the greatest thing I could ever hope for." Jack fully turned himself to face her, listening to every word. "Then I went home, ended up being with Will. Stayed home for a few months then left for an even longer adventure. Really, I have to thank you, Jack. Everything you do always ends up working one way or another. Luckily, it was always good for me. Except when we were to hang for helping you and my mother pretended to be me and took my hanging. Besides that, things worked out okay." Grinning, Evelyn turned to face him as well.

"Oh, well, you're welcome then." Jack grinned, resting and arm on the railing. There was a pause in between the two for a moment. Neither one of them broke each others stare. "You know, Evelyn, you don't have to go home. You could stay here." Jack gestured to the Pearl. "Spend the rest of your days sailing the seas with me and the crew." His lifted his hands, tracing waves in the air.

"I'd love too. Truly I would but I do have to go home. I miss my parents so much, I haven't seen them in months nor have I even written to them. I would also like to bathe and smell something other than filthy pirates." Jack made a deep pout, lifting his arm to smell his armpit. Evelyn giggled, shaking her head. "No offense. Plus, I'm a married woman now, Jack. I need to spend some time doing that. Maybe even have a family when the time is right." Evelyn gave a sheepish shrug. "My heart will always belong to the sea and adventure. Now that I don't have to worry about anything, maybe Will and I will be able to venture out more. Get our own ship and sail the seas every now and then. Possibly look to you if anything were to happen again." She gave a sweet laugh at that causing Jack to smile brightly without showing his teeth.

"Sounds like quite the plan you've got there, love." Jack said softly. "Any chance I'm involved there besides that last bit?" He asked curiously, the softness still remaining in his voice.

Evelyn looked at him in awe, her face softening. "Of course. I want you to come visit whenever it's possible." She reached out to take his hand. "You'll always have a place in my home, Jack. Always." She gave him a comforting squeeze. The simple gesture caused a small lump to form in Evelyn's throat. Her emerald eyes to tingle. Evelyn didn't want to let go of his hand, she didn't want to let go of Jack.

The pirate could tell what Evelyn was feeling. He noticed her eyes and facial expression. "Oh come here." He let go of her hand to open his arms. Evelyn let out a laugh, sniffling as she did so. She walked forward and collided into his chest, wrapping her arms around his neck. Evelyn buried her face into his neck while Jack wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight as possible. She closed her eyes, breathing in his scent: rum and gunpowder.

"This is weird." Jack deadpanned, looking down at Evelyn.

Pulling back slightly, Evelyn looked up at him, eyes a little watery. "Why is that?"

"I don't tend to miss people...but I'm going to miss you, very much." He lowered his voice, making his words the softest thing to ever come from him.

"I'll miss you too. So much actually." Evelyn sniffed, adding a breathy laugh at the end.

Jack and Evelyn parted, still standing close to each other. It took everything from her to not break down and start crying, for this was the last time (for a while) that she would be able to talk to him.

"I love you, darling." Jack smiled sadly. This was the first time Jack had ever said such words to Evelyn.

Evelyn gave a deep pout, eyes growing blurry. "Do you want me to cry?" She whined, looking up to wipe out the tears from under her eyes. Looking back at him, she still wore the watery pout. "I love you too." She whispered. 

"The ship is going to get awfully dull without your shinning presence here. I know the crew will miss you too. Even the filthy, wretched monkey." Jack made a look of disgust and shuttered at the thought of the animal. Evelyn laughed at his reaction. "I hope William knows just how lucky he is. You're the treasure he's found." Jack added, leaning his side against the railing.

"Thank you. I've never heard you talk so sentimentally before. It's so sweet." Evelyn teased, scrunching up her nose at him.

"If you tell anyone about this you're dead to me. It could ruin my whole reputation." He pointed threateningly at her.

"Oh of course not. We wouldn't want that to happen now would we?" An eyebrow was raised to him.

"Hurt me pride? I think not." He raised his chin at her, looking past his cheeks.

Evelyn let out an amused scoffed, closing her eyes for a mere second. Turning around, she leaned back on his elbows, looking back out at the dark ocean views. "Looks like my story is coming to an end." She let out softly, blinking gently.

"I wouldn't say your story is coming to an end, love." Jack commented, turning to rest on his forearms beside her. His eyes starred off, admiring the view as well. "I think this part of your story is. The next part is just around the corner waiting to be told."

Evelyn turned her head to look at him, grinning so hard her eyes nearly closed. "I like this unseen side of Captain Jack Sparrow."

"Oh shut it." Jack nudged her with his shoulder.

"You're right." Evelyn chuckled, looking back out. "And to think, I thought my story was just going to be about a girl from Port Royal, living her days being in love with her best friend and dreaming about him loving her. Nothing ever exciting or thrilling about it. Now look at me." She smiled, glancing down at her hand to see the gold band wrapped around her ring finger. "Married to the man I love, a pirate, the pirate king I might add, and doing what I always thought was impossible for me."

"Captain?" Jack questioned.

"Oh that. Yes and no. I explained to my crew my situation and made Tai Huang captain for me in my absence. They are sworn to write and visit Port Royal to give me updates on anything important I need to know. I'm still their captain, I just left the pirating to them. Give them freedom to do as they pleased."

"Ah." Jack gave an exaggerated nod. "Well, it's one hell of a story if you ask me." Jack commented. "You're happy, right?"

Evelyn tilted her head to look back at Jack. "I am. I'm very happy. I have everything I could ever want."

"Then I'm happy." He gave a firm nod. "As long as you're happy, I'm happy. I'm also happy that you got the love that you deserved. I won't lie, love, I was rooting for Leo."

Evelyn let out a nervous laugh. "A lot of people were. I'm so happy that things did work out between me and Will. I love him so much." She fiddled with the ring, hearing Jack let out a noise of disgust from beside her. She snapped her head towards him. "You'll find love one day, Jack." It was Evelyn's turn this time to nudge him with her shoulder.

"I already have." Turning his upper body, Jack waved his hand from one side of the Pearl across the ship to the other. "It's all of this." Evelyn knew he didn't just mean the ship. Jack was in love with the sea and pirating. What Evelyn loved most about that was Jack loved the things that were a part of who he was.

The sweet smile returned to her lips once again. "Then if that's what makes you happy, then I'm happy that you are happy."

Jack looked down at her, smiling as well. Staring back out, he reached out to wrap an arm around her shoulder. Evelyn leaned into his side, resting her head against his shoulder. "Promise me that if things don't work out between you and William, you will come find me and sail the seas pirating for the rest of our days."

Throwing her head back, Evelyn let out a warm, loud laugh. She leaned her head back against Jack's shoulder, smiling brightly. "I promise, Jack. I promise."

Sorry if this chapter low key was boring. I wanted to have a cute soft moment with Evelyn at night, letting you guys know what's on her mind. Originally I was going to have it be half Jack, half Will but while I was writing it I felt like Jack and Evelyn needed to have a special soft moment with each other because in this book it may be the last time they really see and talk to each other.

Also I got a little too emotional writing this. The part where Evelyn was telling Jack that'd he would always have a place in her home literally made me want to cry. I also added the 'I love you' part because they've never said it to one another and it made me so soft. I love their friendship so much, it's so pure and perfect.

Also also hahaha I'm thinking about making character playlists. I've been wanting to do one really bad for Will and Evelyn.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

71.3K 2.3K 39
THE FOURTH AND FINAL BOOK IN THE YOUNG LOVE SERIES Nine years have passed since Bootstrap Bill Turner had come to visit Will, Evelyn, and the Turner...
7.3K 300 21
You are a governor's daughter in the Caribbean who has always longed for a life of adventure, freedom and the sea. But instead, you live in a golde...
32.9K 915 10
Annette Lavesseur, daughter of legendary French pirate, Olivier Levasseur, accidentally joins Captain Jack Sparrow and William Turner on their quest...
133K 4.7K 22
I do not own Pirates of the Caribbean, all rights go to the Disney company. I only own (Y/n) and the story I make for her, savvy? Book three of the I...