Alpha Moretti

By lemonsunflower

*COMPLETED* Liam always thought that his first lover and best friend would turn out to be his mate. But after... More

Before You Begin!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34 *Christmas Special*
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Authors Note
Fun Facts
Q&A

Chapter 23

95.5K 3.8K 806
By lemonsunflower

He's here.

He's actually here, in Ohio.

I'm not sure whether to be glad or upset. I have no idea what to feel right now.

Our eyes catch each other, and it's like they're magnets. We can't pull away.

I became good at reading his emotions back in Italy. But now it's like I never learned.

I snap out of it when I hear my dad clear his throat.

"Liam?" He breaks our intense stare down.

I look away from Ansaldo and to my dad. "Can you see him?" I point to my 'mate'

He raises a questioning eyebrow. "Yes? Are you feeling alright Liam?"

So I wasn't going insane.

This wasn't a hallucination.

He is actually here.

Vessel purred in relief and happiness.

But me, I scowled.

"Li?" Ansaldo says my name out of concern, and it sends shivers down my spine.

I can tell he felt satisfaction knowing he still has an effect on me. He smirked a little.

"I'm perfectly ok." I say through gritted teeth, and turn to leave the room.

I'm making my way down the hall when I hear footsteps behind me, and the overwhelming, amazing, smell of Ansaldo.

I force myself to walk faster, even though it pains me.

But no one needs to know that.

I wrap my arms around myself for some feeling of security. Not sure why it helps so much.

I almost make it to my room unbothered until I feel his hand on my shoulder.

I turn around and face an almost distraught Ansaldo.

"Li," is all he says. It seems it's all he can say.

Never have I ever felt before this immense sense of longing and wanting to be held by him so abruptly.

"What are you doing here?" I weakly say.

His face softens.

He can tell.

He can see how much pain I'm in.

It shows with the dark bags under my eyes. My unkempt hair. My small frame. My pale skin.

He tries to pull me into him, but I shove myself away.

I hiss when that makes my mark burn horribly.

I assume I'm not getting an answer to my question as to why he's here, so I turn around and walk into my room.

This time he doesn't stop me.

I lock the door behind me, and slide down to the floor. I pull my knees to my chest and I begin to cry.

I attempt to muffle all the pain and frustration behind them, but it works for only a small time.

I lay down on the floor, my back against the door, and slowly fall asleep with tears wetting my face.

Somehow, I knew he was still on the other side of the door, doing the same thing.

———

It's the next day, and I somehow managed to avoid Ansaldo all afternoon.

I asked mom about it, and it seems that he has been helping dad set up everything in the back yard for Kay's and Hannah's wedding.

Which is why it has been so hard to contact my parents from Italy. They were helping and planning Kay's wedding.

I adjust the cuffs on my pale yellow dress shirt, and swipe my hands across my pants to make sure nothing was sticking to it.

My hair was slicked back and straight. Concealer was applied under my eyes (thanks Arina) to make it look like I have actually been getting some sleep.

I went downstairs and outside to the backyard, and my eyes immediately spotted Ansaldo.

He was setting down a few chairs and speaking to dad.

It seems like they were very close already.

Mom was more hesitant around him. He knew the full story, unlike dad. Which I assume is why their relationships with him are already clearly different.

I snap out of my thoughts when I see Ansaldo looking at me. I blink a few times to come back to the present world.

He approaches me on the back porch, and stops in front of me.

I look at him. His hair is neat. A navy blue dress shirt rests perfectly on his torso. Black dress pants with tiny white stripes are over his legs. A pale pink handkerchief rests in the dress pocket. It was one of the wedding colors.

"You look stunning, mio Tesoro." He smiles.

I have no idea what he called me, but I somehow knew it was a good name. That gave me a weird, fluttery feeling in my stomach.

I study him. His smile slowly falls off his face.

"Liam! Over here!" I look past Ansaldo and see my mom waving me down at a seat.

I walk past him and off the porch, towards my mom.

He sits at the front, and I take the chair next to him. To my unluck, Ansaldo sits on the other side of me.

Mom begins to spark conversation with me, but I'm not interested. I stare blankly ahead.

The occasional tingle of my knee brushing Ansaldos leg on accident catches me off guard each time.

The ceremony begins, and Kay stands at the alter, waiting for Hannah.

Although I don't know her that well, I know she's perfect for Kay. They complete each other.

The vow exchange is what gets to me.

"I promise to always stick by your side. In good and in bad..."

I feel Ansaldo look at me.

"To carry you when you fall, to help you reach higher when you stand..."

I loose track of what is being said. All I can focus on is Ansaldo looking at me.

Soon enough, Hannah speaks.

"I promise to always support you. To always comfort you. To help you in times of need..."

I look at Ansaldo.

"To be your biggest help. To love you. To be the best shoulder to lean and cry on...."

I block them out again. I'm too focused on Ansaldo.

There's so much emotion between us right now. I'm sure Ansaldo can read me right now.

I feel my eyes tear up, and I look away when the priest tells my sister she can kiss her wife.

I watch the exchange, and feel extreme sadness.

Something that special was supposed to happen between me and Ansaldo. Not a fight with a witch.

I still feel Ansaldos eyes on me.

I watch Kay and Hannah for a moment longer, before I get up out of my seat and walk away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.6K 3.2K 45
Liam Forsythe was not dealt an easy hand. On the day he was born, his dad, family and their entire wolf pack were massacred by a rival. The only reas...
2.2M 77.7K 28
Berlin Cahill has always been different. He was the smallest of the bunch from the beginning. When he did not shift at the age of 13, as all werewolv...
13.9K 569 21
Previously known as "Alpha Damian (boyxboy)" /Werewolf/Romance/Love Triangle/Gay/ [bxb] Alec has been angry ever since the death of his father. Two y...
16.7K 756 23
Landon's want for a fairy tale romance and children have always been important to him. Necessary even. He really thought he was going to end up with...