๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐‡๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ

By seductivemadness

๐‡๐จ๐ง๐ž๐ฒ ๐‡๐ฎ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž๐ž๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐‰ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ญ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง๐ž๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐๐ž ๐š๏ฟฝ... More

WARNING
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Sequel Info!

18

7.2K 321 192
By seductivemadness

Time flew by fast, before Honey knew it November was here. Today was Thanksgiving Day. It was 9am and Honey had barely packed anything even though they were leaving in a few hours. She always waited till the last minute. It wasn't intentional she just hated packing.

It was a tradition to spend the holidays at her maternal grandmother's house in Savannah Georgia. All of her family was going to be there which is considered a good and bad thing. There are a few cousins, uncles and aunts that Honey was dying to see. However, there are other family members that Honey could go without seeing for the rest of her life.

Honey sat cross legged in her walk in closet, clothes were scattered everywhere and her empty luggage was wide open. Basically, it looked like a tornado hit her closet.

"I hope you have fun over there like you do every year." Cyn laughed through the phone receiver. Honey had her bestie on speakerphone while she gathered her clothes. Whenever she's at her grandmother's house she tend to get so preoccupied with family it's impossible to give her attention to someone else.

Honey groaned, "I don't know why you're tryna be funny. You're so lucky to spend thanksgiving with your immediate family," She folded up a few pjs and sleep garments. She needs to start looking for more appropriate outfits. If it was one thing her mom's side of the family hated was "grown" outfits. She wasn't trying to hear their mouth. Her parents were lenient with Honey showing a lil leg or stomach since she was eighteen, but not her mother's side of the family. Honestly, Honey felt like it had to do their traditional upbringing. Showing a shoulder or an ankle isn't a big deal.

"Sometimes it gets so boring though. It's always just me, my mom and my younger brother. I would like to hang out with my extended family too," Cyn sighed heavily, and Honey felt bad for her. Ever since her father passed away in a car accident a few years ago. It seemed like it drove a wedge in between them. Her mom doesn't deal with anyone outside of immediate family and besides Honey's family on a good day. It must be so lonely to be disconnected from family no matter how annoying they can be.

"It's been three years..Have you talked to your mom about that?" Honey asked hesitantly. She knew Cyn didn't like to talk about her mom often. Their relationship was so strained. It hurt Cyn that they've grew so far apart. Honey wouldn't know what to do if that happened to her. She couldn't imagine a world without her mom being by her side.

"Yes of course I did. She's not bulging at all. Why does she have to be so stubborn? This is why I'm counting down the days until I go to college. I'm ready to get the fuck! ASAP!" Cyn joked, a loud laugh could be heard through the receiver. She's always deflecting..but what else could Honey expect from her? She hated talking about her mom.

Honey smacked her lips in annoyance. "Please don't start that. Everybody on Twitter and Instagram has been saying that for weeks." That's one thing Honey hated about social media. They would overplay the hell out of a popular song, meme anything. It would get old quick. Honey glanced around her messy closet.

"Anyways girl I have to go. I have three hours left to get ready for the car drive to Savannah. I love you and I'll text you on the way!" Honey said distractedly as she zipped up her finished luggage.

"Okay girl! Love you too!"

Honey leaned over and pressed the end call button. She stood up and dusted herself off. She knew it was time to get her room in order and to get ready. Before she could get herself in a cleaning mood she had to have some tunes playing. She connected her bluetooth speaker and let Summer Walker's Playing Games play at a medium volume. "That's more like it," She said to herself.

It took Honey exactly two hours to put her clothing back in the closet and to clean her room. On top of that, she took her luggage to the family SUV and she had got ready as well. She wore a simple white and grey tracksuit with her white air forces. She couldn't go wrong with a plain tracksuit.

"Honey! You ready?" Her mom yelled from downstairs. Honey furrowed her eyebrows and checked her watch. It was time to head out already? "Yeah mom here I come!" Honey hollered, grabbing her earphones and her phone she raced out her bedroom door. She jogged down the stairs where her family was located.

Honey squatted down in front of Lala, "Hey beautiful girl! You look adorable," She pinched her cheeks. She wore a cute baby doll dress with black leggings underneath and her two pig tails had the cutest ribbons in it.

Lala smiled widely at her older sister, "Thanks sissy! You like my dress?" She did a little twirl and Honey giggled, "Yes I do sweetie,"

Honey glanced up and took notice of her family heading out the door with their bags. "C'mon Lala," She took her tiny hand and led them towards the SUV. It was 12 in the afternoon, but the sun did very little to warm Honey up. She shivered as she put Lala in the car and fastened her seatbelt. She quickly walked over to the opposite side and jumped in the backseat. She zipped her jacket up to her neck, "God damn that wind.."

"You said a bad word!" Hakeem exclaimed next to her and Honey brought her finger up to her mouth. "Shhhh before you get in me in trouble," Honey whispered as she made sure her parents weren't in hearing distance. Hakeem pouted and crossed his little arms.

Honey shoved her earphones in, blasting her music. Hakeem opened his mouth to say something,but Honey couldn't hear him. Honey squinted at him then shrugged. She's not about to stop her music for nobody. Honey already knew he was begging to listen to her music, but after he said a cuss word from one of her songs he can't listen any of her music no more. Plus, his ears be dirty sometimes and Honey wasn't trying to clean her earphones off because of somebody else's earwax.

After a few minutes her sister, her mom and her dad finally entered the car. Her dad revved the engine and pulled out out of the driveway. Honey leaned back against the seat and closed her eyes. This is going to be the longest three hours.

"Wait before any of you dig in. We have to say grace." Her grandmother Shirley announced over the chatter of her family at the dinner table. Her maternal grandmother was in late fifties, her black hair was beginning to turn gray and her caramel skin showcased a few wrinkles, but she was still so elegant and beautiful. She was one of the sweetest women Honey has ever known. She loved seeing her for the holidays. Her paternal grandmother on the other hand was the complete opposite.. she was a block of ice. She was always so monotone and serious. Honey felt so tense around her. How can one person not show any emotion? Thankfully, Honey only see her once a year.

It was seven in the evening and her extended family was seated at table that held ten people while the younger kids sat at their own table which was located nearby. In total, it was at least twenty of them including the children and babies. Honey and her family was the last to arrive. They came later than expected due to traffic. No one batted an eyelid when they came in 2 hours late. Everyone was indulged in their own conversations and doing their own thing. Honey had already greeted everyone so she didn't know to say anything else to them the rest of the time she's here.

"I'm ready to eat already," Her aunt Teresa groaned across the table from her. She was her mother's only sister. They shared similar features, but they were completely different just like Honey and Blue. Her aunt was very loud all the time and hella bougie, despite that Honey loved her regardless. Now, her children made Honey want to stay far away. She had a son and a daughter which was Honey's cousins.

Her cousin Avant was a compete perverted weirdo. He was 25 years old with a wife and kids. Honey caught him staring at her too many times throughout the years in away that wasn't family like. Plus, he would say slightly flirty compliments that rubbed her in the wrong way. She didn't know what was wrong with him, but she wasn't with that incest.

Her other cousin, Nadia was a 19 year old jealous hating ass broad. Honey couldn't stand her one bit. They never got along because Nadia always wanted to pick a fight with Honey for no reason at all. Honey never knew why Nadia didn't like her. It was annoying and frustrating to argue with her, but Honey has to defend herself because Nadia loved to hit low blows.

Honey believed that her aunt must've dropped them both on their heads a couple of times because something is clearly wrong with them. Both got a few screws loose.

"Oh hush child! Grace will be quick," Her grandmother scolded her, then she opened her arms and held out her hands. Everyone else followed suit, Honey was seated next to her sister Blue and her second cousin Amerie. Her mother was seated next to her father and her mother's older brother Darren. Honey recognized some of her mother and father's side of the family that wasn't here before. Good thing her grandma cooked a large feast that was enough for everyone.

"Lord thank you for letting us see another year. We're forever grateful. Bless this food. Amen," Her grandma murmured with a bowed head.

"Amen," We all said in unison.

Honey didn't waste a second, before she started piling up her plate with the various food laid out in front of her. She had so much to choose from. She grinned excitedly. Her grandma cooked turkey, yams, greens, mashed potatoes, cornbread, ham, sweet potato pie and so much more. She starved herself today so she could eat at least two plates tonight. It's not everyday she get to eat her grandmother's cooking.

"You're so small, but yet you eat like a grown man," Her cousin Amerie laughed and Honey had too agree with her. "You got that right!" Honey didn't know why she was stuck at 115lbs when all she does is eat.

"She look like a grown man too with them hefty shoulders," Blue chimed in and Honey playfully shoved her over, a laugh escaped her lips, "Says the one with the mustache,"

Blue frowned, "You see a few hairs above my upper lip and swear I have a full beard,"

"Well..I see where Honey coming from," Amerie butted in as she held back her laughter. Her thick southern accent made it more funnier.

Blue gasped, "Wow I don't like either one of y'all," Blue self consciously touched her lip. Honey and Amerie burst into laughter. Honey started digging into her delicious plate of food. Wow. Amazing.

"Awww Honey look at you! You've grown into a beautiful woman," Her aunt gushed loudly. Honey glanced up from her plate at the sound of her aunt's voice. Honey ducked her head slightly, a light blush covered her cheeks, "Thank you auntie." She gave her a shy smile.

Her aunt only grinned, her green eyes wide. "Such a pretty girl! Surely, you got you a boyfriend this time around?"

Honey inwardly groaned. Every year somebody asked her about a boyfriend. It's not her fault that she couldn't be like her sister or her cousins that bring their significant others around or talk about them. Why couldn't they wait until she brought it up instead of asking her?

Honey gave her a strained smile, her hand tightened around her fork, "Not this year auntie. Maybe next year," Her aunt's smile dimmed a bit as she nodded.

"Mmm you sure you don't have a boyfriend? Or should I say a girlfriend instead?"

Honey stiffened slightly. Then she slowly turned her head in the direction of her cousin Nadia who sat towards the end of the table looking smug. Her kinky brown hair was pulled back in a ponytail that showcased her sharp features. Honey and Nadia haven't exchanged words the entire time she's been here. As soon as she sees mommy's attention on her she want to start some shit..

Honey narrowed her eyes, her heart picked up a bit. How did she know about her? It's just like her to blurt this out in front of her whole family. Nobody over here knew about DJ. It's been almost two months and she's been doing a great job of keeping it lowkey.

"Excuse me?" Honey clenched her jaw in anger. She felt her aunt's eyes on her. This is not how Honey wanted things to go. Her and DJ wasn't an item. It doesn't help that her extended family was homophobic. It want any of their business anyways.

"You heard me Honey. I'm surprised you didn't bring your dyke girlfriend over here," Nadia said with a smirk. Now she's caught the attention of everyone. Everybody was tuned in.

"What is going on here? Honey? What is the meaning of this?" Her mother asked, her confused gaze settled on Honey who sat rigid in her chair.

"Nadia I'd stop if I were you." Honey warned through gritted teeth. She hated that word with a passion and all she wanted to do was give Nadia that work. She's such a bitch for no reason. Honey didn't feel like dealing with any drama. But somehow she's always in it.

Honey realized she didn't answer her mother. "Mom it's nothing." She muttered lowly. She didn't meet her eyes, she stared at her plate filled with thanksgiving food she had no desire to eat anymore.

"Why should I? I'm just letting everybody know about your girlfriend so they won't be disappointed about you not having a boyfriend. Why don't you tell them about the little dance you gave your dyke girlfriend in the club last month?" Nadia suggested, a sickly sweet smile plastered across her features.

A few family members gasped dramatically and it took everything in Honey to not roll her eyes. They're dramatic as hell. They could be uptight even though most of the people at this table has had babies out of wedlock or engaged in premarital sex.

Honey swallowed hard. Everybody's eyes were on Honey. A few gazes held surprise and others held disappointment and disbelief. Honey couldn't look her parents in the eye. Damn this bitch know all the tea. All I wanted to do was enjoy my fucking meal, but no this bitter bitch has other plans..

"Don't call her that. And that's none of your business," Honey spat coldly, her hand were clenched into fists. Her sister placed a hand on her upper arm. "Honey calm down. Ignore her," Honey briefly glanced into her sister's pleading eyes before she brought her attention back to Nadia.

Nadia tilted her head, "You didn't deny it..Of course you wouldn't because I saw you with my own eyes," She said with a smug smirk, her eyes held triumph. Imagine being so miserable.

"Your obsession with me is unhealthy. What do you think you accomplished by doing this? Other than making me want to smack the shit outta you," Honey growled before she could stop herself. A few more gasps and murmurs could be heard around the table.

"Watch your mouth young lady!" Honey chose to not acknowledge her mother's commands. Honey was pissed off and she really wanted to get her one with Nadia. She didn't have to do this. Honey ain't want all these people to know her business. They wasn't that close.

"Listen to your mother Honey. How disrespectful can you be?" Nadia shook her head in disappointment, her voice was full of sarcasm.

"Let's go outside so I can show you how disrespectful I can get," Honey said, seriously with a shrug. Her face was completely blank. She couldn't let her continue to see how upset she was. She was probably thrilled at seeing Honey's anger.

Nadia's face held an unimpressed expression. "Typical Hood rat behavior," She stuck her nose in the air.

"Hey! That's enough! Both of you! Honey follow me," Her father bellowed. Honey gulped her father's stern voice had her quivering. Oh no.

Her mother and father exited the dining room. Honey stood up to follow her parents. Honey had to pass Nadia on the way out. She gave her deadly glare. She was already in trouble so she might as well get the last word. "You're one miserable bitch. Just so you know I'm happier than you'll ever be," Honey's voice was low enough that only Nadia could hear it.

Before she could respond, Honey had already disappeared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.8K 12
expect the unexpected.
26.7K 581 21
Enemies to lovers Two women in an office always compete for the top spot. There is constant arguing between the two in their offices. One day things...
650K 25.2K 54
โ™ซ. ๐’„๐จ๐‘›๐‘›๐ข๐ž โธโธ ๐’”๐ฉ๐ซ๐‘–๐‘›๐ ๐ž๐ซ
600K 21.4K 34
๐‘– ๐‘๐‘’๐‘ก ๐‘–๐‘“ ๐‘– ๐‘”๐‘–๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘š๐‘ฆ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘”๐‘  ๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘›๐‘Ž ๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ข๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘—๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘...