The Twisted Gift

By Joshuas_Space

The ability of the mind is an endless supply of power. It can be used for good, or for bad. This unique power... More

Synopsis
First Day
Problems at Home
Turning Points
Almost Fatal
Looking for the Unknown
Training
The True Power
More Than Friends
The Deadly Game
Twists And Turns
The New Recruit
Playing Catch Up
Old Faces
Only Three Will Know
Asleep and Awake
More Lies

Falling Toward Nowhere

78 7 0
By Joshuas_Space

'There comes a time, a terrible time in ones life, where one has no idea whos life it truly is. When windows come down and walls come up. When insane is the new sane. Your newfound power is like this. Life changes, you grow, people leave, others come. Stay sane, don't let the new sane trick you. When your life is falling to pieces, stay calm. With every storm comes a calm, with every rainstorm comes a rainbow. When your falling, you will know what to do. Sighning off, X.'
Page 6 of The Ledgend of a Twisted Knight

TTG

Casady has no idea what to do, niether does Beverly. All they can do is stare at eachother in complete horror. Within minutes, they are going to be pancakes if they don't do anything. The wind passing them as they fall is extreamly loud, and fills both of their ears until that is the only sound that they can hear.

"Casady!" Beverly screams as loud as humanly possible.

"What?" Casady screams back after taking a few seconds to understand what Beverly had said.

"Use your powers!"

"How?"

"I don't know!"

"What if we die?"

"I don't think we are going to."

"What makes you so sure?"

"Well, why would the book kill us? Plus, we have you!"

"Okay, I will try!"

Casady has absolutely no idea what to do. She could try to get them out of ther and somewhere safe, like she did with the blocks in the book. The hard part for her now is that she has no idea what the ground here looks like. She doesn't even know where she is. The more she thinks, the closer she gets to the ground. That's when Casady forms a plan. It is risky, but then, what isn't?

Casady and Beverly fly closer and closer to the ground with each passing minute. Casady closes her eyes and focuss' on every detail of Beverly, and herself.

"Casady!" Beverly screams, interrupting Casady from her thought.

When Casady opens her eyes, she is greated with the ground visible and fast aproaching. Within seconds, they will be a splat of nothing recognizable. This is just what Casady needed! She focuss' on the ground and sees both Beverly and herself there, on the ground.

Just as Beverly and Casady are going to make harsh contact with the valley of grass, they disapear. When they reapear, a few seconds late, they are standing on top of the grass. However, only Beverly is standing, Casady is laying on the ground uncouncious.

"Hello Beverly." Someone says from behind Beverly. Beverly has no idea who this person is but can tell that he isn't a good person. His voice has something about it, as if it is almost...familliar.

As Beverly turns around, she is taken aback,"Thomas? What are you doing here?"

"Didn't expect to see me, did you?" He asks with a devilish look comming over him.

"Why-" She is cut off by Thomas.

"Ah-ah-ah," He says waving a finger."You thought I was clueless! Just a history project? Ha! Look where that has got you. I have to say, I am impressed, Casady's ability has improved. She is learning her powers quicker than I imagined.

"I thought, I don't, why?' Beverly can barely finish a sentance.

"Did you really think that I learned Russian for fun? I knew one day that I would come in contact with the book. I knew that you were going to be the keeper and that Casady would one day have an unnatural talent of the mind. I have awaited this day all my life, and now it has finally araived! With Casady passed out, all I have to do is get rid of you, then my mission is complete. Then, Casady's mind will take control of her and she will be lost forever, she will be a weapon of mass destruction. I had no idea that it was going to be this easy! It is all because of you Beverly, some keeper you are!"

While Thomas is talking Beverly descreetly grabs some of the white powder in her back left pocket. She throwns it at Casady and instantly it disolves into the air. This powder is different from the one Beverly used before. This one wakes Casady up but does not give her the power to move, see, feel, or taste. She is only able to hear. This is exactly what casady does, though at first she has no idea what is going on.

"Thomas, why are you doing this?"

"It is my destiny. It always has been!"

"What do you mean?"

"It's so sad how little you know. This is bigger than you could have of ever imagined. The power of the mind is not meant to be controlled, it is meant to control. Unfortunately, you will die having no idea what you are really involved in." He finishes, pulling a 9 millimeter gun out of a holster attached to a belt buckle.

Instantly, Casady jumps up and yells, "You think you can mess with me and my friends and have no consequences! Think again, idiot!" She says and thrusts her arm out.

Thomas falls to the floor grasping his head. He has never in his life felt pain like this before.

"The next time, I won't be so generous and let you live! I better never see you again!" She screams as she pulls open the book and says, "Take us home!" Instantly Beverly and Casady are transported to their school's front office.

"Not quite what I had in mind." she said disappointedly.

"Casady! You are just the person that I was looking for!"

"I was, I mean, I am?"

"Yes! I heard what happened this morning and I was worried about you." that's when Casady realized who she was talking to, it was the principle.

"Oh, uh, okay. I'm a lot better now." She says with a short smile.

"I am so glad. Well, I will talk you later."

"Okay, bye!"

"Well, I guess your famous now!" Beverly states.

Just then, Casady's phone starts to buzz.

"Hello?"

"Casady! Oh my god sweetie I was so scared when I heard the news! Are you okay? Where are you?"

"Mom! I'm fine, I was releesed and I am with Beverly at school."

"Oh, okay. Call me if you need anything!"

"Whatever," She says under her breath,"Yes mom, love you!" She says at a volume that her mother can hear.

"Love you too."

Casady flips the phone shut and turns to Beverly rolling her eyes. They both start to laugh at the situation. They were just starring death in the face and now they are laughing, such a strange world this is. Again, Casady's phone starts to buzz, this time it is someone else.

"Hello, this is Casady."

"Hi Casady, this is your publisist, Mrs. Fondane."

"oh, yes, hello Mrs. Fondane, how are yo?"

"I am doing fine, thank you. How has your day been?"

"Um, haha, very eventful! Definantly not a slow day at all!"

"Glad to hear it! Well, I am here to make your day even more eventful!"

"Do share!"

"Well, I just got off the phone with some people and you book is not officially edited, has a profesional cover, and we are going to start printing next week!"

"What! Ohmygosh! Thank you so, so much!"

"Oh, and Casady?"

"Yes?"

"You were right, you are not just anybody, you are Casady. I will give you a call in a few days and we can talk about a sequal."

"Okay, thank you very much!"

"No problem, have a wonderful rest of the day."

"Likewise."

Casady hangs up the phone and exitedly tells Beverly the good news. In the process, Casady grabs her head in immence pain.

"Are you okay?"

"My head just really hurts."

"As it is expected."

"What do you mean?"

"Yeah, every time you use your power, you pass out. You used your power on Thomas and nothing happened! And did you even realize that you took control of the book?"

"I guess that does make sense. However, I did not take control of the book, I said to go home and it brought us to school."

"Yeah, but you activated it, not the other way around."

"That's true, and I am sorry about Thomas."

"Me too. I though that maybe..." Beverly starts to trail off.

"I know, there will be other people that come along though."

"Not if I am taking care og you."

"Hey!"

"I'm just kidding."

"Good. What time is it?"

"It is a quarter until three, school is about to ge-" Cutting her off, the bell blares through the hallway,"t out. Ugh, let's go home, I need a nap."

"I agree!"

Casady and Beverly start walking home towards Casady's house. Her house is the closest of the two, from the school. When they arrive at her house, they are surprised when they hear no screaming, no yelling, no fighting. As the open the door, they see both of Casady's parents sitting at the table with a lawyer.

"What's going on?" Escapes Casady's mouth before she even realizes she was thinking it.

"Honey, I know this might be hard. Your father and I have decided to get a divorce. We think it's the best thing to do."

"Your joking, right?"

"Sweetie, I understand how you are feeling right now-"

"No-no you don't," Casady starts to speak while shaking her head,"you have absolutely no idea what I am feeling today. Do you even realize that I was in the hospital this morning? I had a seizure and passed out today! but no, you don't care. Neither one of you came to see me, I know the doctor called. At least mom had the decency to call me!"

"Sweetie-" Her dad starts.

"Don't talk to me dad, don't even say another word!" She yells and walks away to her room.

Beverly leaves a moment later and realizes that Casady's dad cannot speak. All he can do is make out muffled noise. When Casady told her dad never to speak again, she used her power and didn't even realize it! After seeing this, she rushes to Casady's room to tell her.

"Casady!"

"What?"

"You used your power!"

"When?"

"When you told your dad never to speak again."

"What? no I didn't! How is that possi- I'm done asking that question! Whatever, I did mean it, so it's okay.

"You can't just mess with people lives like that! He will become a mute for the rest of his life."

"At least he won't be able to yeall and threaten us anymore."

"Casady, for me? Please fix this."

"Fine, Dad you may speak again." She says, and instantly you can hear his loud voice, booming throught the house."Beverly?"

"Yes"

"My whole life is falling and I have no idea where it is falling toward. I don't know what to do."

"It's all going to be okay."

"You don't know that."

"Your right, I don't."

"Then why say it?"

"To provide comfort."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Girl Power By LILY

Teen Fiction

2.4K 160 34
"WHAT THE HECK IS HAPPENING?!" I yelled "O MY GOD it worked!". OK so that was a little preview of what's going to happen in this book so let me expla...
677 86 40
Two opposite sides come face to face, forcing each other to reconsider their version of the truth. *** A minority of the world's population carries...
35.4K 2.8K 50
Kara is training to become a superhero, but she's stuck with a snobby sidekick, boring missions, and too many rules. Craving adventure, she jumps at...
10.4K 930 33
Dangerous new players are entering the battle between the Supers and their enemy, an organization seeking power and absolute control. Now, Ivy and th...