The Wedding Date: A Taekook S...

By alice_meadows

Taehyung is an elementary school teacher who's a constant disappointment to his family back in England. His e... More

Chapter One: The Invitation
Chapter Two: Coffee
Chapter Three: The Mother
Chapter Four: Fears
Chapter Five: Taking Flight
Chapter Six: Your Worth
Chapter Seven: Family
Chapter Eight: Confidence
Chapter Nine: Past & Present
Chapter Ten: The Ex
Chapter Eleven: Sweet Temptation
Chapter Twelve: The Perfect Gentleman
Chapter Thirteen: Hell
Chapter Fourteen: Excitement & Uncertainties
Chapter Fifteen: Adorable
Chapter Sixteen: A Small Town
Chapter Seventeen: Chocolate Kisses
Chapter Eighteen: Kinda in Love
Chapter Nineteen: Pearl
Chapter Twenty: Loved
Chapter Twenty-Two: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Three: Nothing Like Us
Chapter Twenty-Four: The Truth
Chapter Twenty-Five: Surprises and Secrets
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Pillow Fort
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Sweet Words and Sandwiches
Chapter Twenty-Eight: His Muse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Cafe
Chapter Thirty: Coward's Confession
Chapter Thirty-One: Rain and Romance
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Rehearsal Dinner
Chapter Thirty-Three: Happiness
Chapter Thirty-Four: Our Euphoria
Chapter Thirty-Five: The Wedding
Chapter Thirty-Six: Objections
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ann Marie
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Epilogue
Wedding Date RSVP Day
A Night at Epiphanies
Garden Venues
Blessings and Begonias
Coffee & Confessions
The Journey Begins
Catching Up
Family Baggage
Backup Plans and Ballrooms
Whipped
The Bachelor Parties
The Wedding
Announcement Time!

Chapter Twenty-One: Comparisons

55K 3.4K 1.2K
By alice_meadows

Boom! Double update! I hope this will appease you guys because I'm going into a clump of work and probably won't be able to write for a week. So enjoy!!

....

The dinner ends with Taehyung's family being--more or less--very cordial with Jungkook. They asked him about his profession and interests, about Seoul and the cultural differences between England and Korea. It sparked an interesting conversation, but by the end of it, Jungkook is ready to go back to Taehyung's side once again. As soon as it is deemed appropriate, Jungkook breaks away from the table of family members and wanders over to Taehyung. He gently touches the boy's shoulder, and swiftly Taehyung looks up, his smile blossoming once again into one that is real and genuine. Jungkook smiles back, a light flickering flame blooming in his chest as he stares into Taehyung's glimmering eyes. He will never get tired of looking at this man.

"Did you get enough to eat?" Taehyung asks and Jungkook nods.

"Indeed. It was delicious. Did you enjoy it?" Jungkook quietly asks, his deep voice wrapping around Taehyung like a warm blanket and the blond boy nods.

"Tae Tae. Since it is such a pleasant night, we are going to go into the gardens. You and Jungkook should join us!" Juliet chimes and Taehyung smiles. He glances at Jungkook as if silently asking him if he wants to go.

"It is up to you, love," Jungkook gently says, happily surprising Juliet. When Taehyung was with Daniel, it was Daniel who always made the decisions. He never gave Taehyung a chance to state his opinion or reluctance. Juliet remembers the one time Daniel dragged Taehyung to a horror movie despite the boy's vehement rejections. Juliet ended up missing the last half of the movie so she could help Taehyung through a panic attack after he ran from the theater and crumpled in the hallway. Jump scares aren't for everyone. Especially for those who are always put on edge because of their lover. And Taehyung was very sensitive because of Daniel's treatment of him.

"It'll be fun, Tae. Besides, I wanna ask you and Jungkook all the juicy details of your relationship," she says, wiggling her brows jokingly which has Taehyung giggling.

"For you, we'll go," Taehyung laughs, slipping out of his chair as the party moves from the dining room to a giant garden at the back of the house. There are small twinkling lights strung from tree to tree, adding a whimsical look to the romantic garden inspired by some classical Greek sculptures and labyrinth paths. Taehyung and Jungkook walk hand and hand, a gentle breeze ruffling Taehyung's hair and fluttering all around them.

"This is beautiful," Jungkook exclaims in awe, his eyes absorbing all of the details so he can write a place like this later on. Gorgeous green grasses and lush bushes, intricate marble statues and gravel pathways. There is a gazebo in the center lit up by tiny ornate lanterns, a circle of chairs along the outskirts of it and a small fire pit in the very center. The group wanders over to the gazebo, filling the space as they lounge about in chairs. Juliet sits in one across the circle from Talia and Daniel before tapping the seat next to her for Taehyung.

"My grandmother spends a lot of time perfecting the gardens," Talia brags to some of her awestruck friends. Taehyung silently sits next to Juliet, looking back at Jungkook as the rest of the party settles in. Jungkook notices Taehyung's stare and smiles softly.

"Would you like something to drink, Tae?" Jungkook questions and Taehyung's eyes widen a bit. That is exactly what he was going to ask. How did Jungkook know what he wanted without a single word said?! "Your aunt made a new blend of tea; did you want some of that?"

"If you're fetching drinks, bring me a beer!" one of the guys call out, and soon everyone else is shouting a drink order at Jungkook as if he's a servant. He cocks a cool brow at them, showing an icy disdain in his gaze before glancing back at Taehyung. 

"Love? What would you like?" his question very blatantly says he's not going to serve the others as they expect him to. If they asked nicely, he would do it, but who the fuck is going to serve a group of pompous elitists who treat someone like trash? Certainly not him.

"Tea would be lovely," Taehyung says with a giggle, "And maybe ask Jensen to bring out some beers...?" Taehyung sweetly adds, and Jungkook can't help but smile at his kindness.

"Okay," he leans forward and kisses Taehyung softly on the lips before wandering off, proud at himself as the whole gazebo bursts into hoots and hollers and whistles while Taehyung's face turns bright red. Almost as red as his shirt.

"Shut up you guys!" he squeals, covering his face shyly which has some of his closest friends cooing.

"Don't worry, Tae. I think it's adorable," Juliet says, rubbing Taehyung's arm as he embarrassedly peeks through his fingers at her. 

"Thanks," Taehyung whispers and Juliet smiles.

"Anytime!"

"He's kind of rude," one of the guys say, and Taehyung instantly feels defensive for Jungkook.

"He is not. You guys were just being bossy as usual," Taehyung says and Talia scoffs.

"I agree. He's super cocky and extremely rude," she sneers before Taehyung rolls his eyes.

"Just because he turned you down," he whispers. Not quiet enough for Juliet not to hear him.

"Well I like him," Juliet chimes, "He treats you well,"

"You like everyone," Talia snaps, and Juliet's face arcs in an amused expression.

"That's ironic coming from you. Last I remember your number is higher than mine," Juliet teases, and for a moment Talia is embarrassed. Her bitchy mask fractures into shame before she humphs and looks away, "Yeah that's what I thought..." the group turns their discussions to something else. Anything else that doesn't expose just how flawed their perfect Talia is. Taehyung participates in the conversation slightly, but he keeps glancing up the path to the house where Jungkook will appear. His face lights up with a bright grin when Jungkook rounds the corner, a large mug in one hand and a beer in the other. Behind him is Jensen, a begrudging scowl on his face as he carries two trays filled with drinks. Taehyung hops up and runs over to them, instantly taking a tray from Jensen before the man can argue.

"You don't have to help, Mast--"

"I want to," Taehyung instantly interjects, his bright boxy grin appeasing Jensen's complaints of breaking protocol and propriety. As the three of them walk over to the group, Juliet and the others who see them cheer.

"Thank you, Jensen!" Juliet cries and several others also scream out their thank-yous. Jensen's cold scowl melts when he hears Juliet and he laughs lightly.

"Agh, I can never deny a request from you guys," Jensen softly says, his old face crinkling as a wave of nostalgia washes over him. He remembers some of these kids when they were much younger and playing at the manor in the early days. Before university and dramas, lost loves and heartaches. Taehyung and Jensen set the drinks on the gazebo rail, letting everyone wander over and grab what it is that they want. Jensen pats Taehyung on the back and the blond instantly hurries to Jungkook's side. Jungkook is already in the chair next to Juliet, their drinks resting on the flat armrests.

"I can move over one if you want, love," Jungkook quietly says, yet Taehyung is feeling bold. Instead of making Jungkook move, he sits down in his lap. Jungkook grins, moving his legs a bit so Taehyung can curl up comfortably with his legs draped over one of the armrests and the cup of tea happily gripped in his hands. Jungkook's arms weave their way around Taehyung's waist and Juliet can't help but squeal at the cute couple.

"You are so lucky, Taehyung! How the hell did you two meet?" Juliet asks as everyone else settles into their seats. It is a good thing Taehyung decided to sit on Jungkook's lap because the only other empty seat is next to a glaring Daniel. Taehyung never was that cuddly when the two of them dated. He blamed it on Taehyung's shyness, and yet here he is one year later all over a different man. There is a nasty sort of possessiveness coiling its way through Taehyung's ex-lover, yet the blond is blissfully unaware. He is too busy melting in Jungkook's grip, his heart fluttering in his chest as he sips at the cup of tea.

"Jungkook's friend, Jin, owns a cafe in Seoul. I used to visit there, and I caught his attention somehow," Taehyung quietly says, causing Jungkook to laugh.

"Somehow? You are seriously the cutest person I've ever seen," Jungkook retorts before looking at Juliet, "I was struck with how sweet he was. Literally to anyone. I never saw him bear anyone ill will even on the busiest days. I will admit, it took a bit of time to build up the courage to ask him out," Jungkook adds sheepishly and this time Taehyung playfully scoffs.

"I don't know why. I was impressed by you from the moment you approached my table and sat down," Taehyung innocently says. The story itself may be a lie, but the emotions behind it are not. There is truth in everything the two of them. The two answer more questions based on the stories they prepared, amusing the group with their perfect relationship. Well, most of the group. Talia and Daniel sit silently across the circle from the cute couple, both of them seething with an odd mix of jealousy, possessiveness, and disdain. Both are furious that Taehyung found happiness after the scandal. That he wasn't permanently damaged and rejecting love. No, instead he found something that is infinitely better. Something strong and real and honest. It makes it hard for the two of them to pretend to be okay with the couple.

"So what was your first date like? I bet it was totally romantic," Juliet finally asks and Taehyung tenses slightly. They never talked about this. They never came up with a story for their first date. He looks at Jungkook, eyes really expressive even though he keeps a smile on his face so that he doesn't show his panic. Jungkook swiftly thinks up a story, some sort of date that Taehyung would absolutely love. But all the normal things sound cliche or artificial and fake. A smile works its way across his lips as he thinks about what date he'd want to have with Taehyung.

"To be honest, it might sound really lame to you, but our first date was at my apartment. I knew Taehyung had been dying to watch the Harry Potter movies again, so on his break, I invited him over. We made dinner, a giant pillow fort in the living room, and just binged movies," Jungkook explains, and Taehyung's heart starts pounding so loudly in his ears that he's afraid Jungkook will hear it. Because THAT is his dream date. Just cuddling up with his boyfriend and sharing his favorite movies, popcorn, and food. The idea of falling asleep in the comfort of a pillow fort, in the arms of his lover, hasTaehyung wishing it was real. All the sweet awws and coos have Taehyung super bashful so he hides his face against Jungkook's neck with a squeak causing the raven-haired boy to laugh.

"It's okay, Tae!" Juliet says, "That is super sweet!" Some of the others agree which has Taehyung blushing even more. Jungkook strokes Taehyung's back, a small smirk on his lips, thrilled that he guessed something Taehyung would love.

He kisses the top of Taehyung's head, moving his lips to whisper in Korean, "Don't worry, love. I will make that date come true," 

...

And that is all she wrote! I have a busy week ahead of me so I don't know when my next update will be. See you in abit!

~Alice~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 5.8K 44
When Life fucks you without a condom, you get impregnated by the worst fate possible, but you must enjoy the ride as much as you can, that's what Jeo...
19.8K 874 22
Jeon Jungkook slightly arrogant and spoiled, but contrary to appearances a very nice student of a very prestigious high school, in the last year of h...
20.6K 1.2K 30
Kim Taehyung has had a long-standing crush on his classmate Park Jimin and finds himself engaged to the obedient son of his dad's friend. Taehyung is...
172K 11.4K 43
"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you. But I just want to be your friend." "Do you think I don't see the heart eyes you make everytime you look at me? You...