Ikemen Sengoku: Mai's Sister

By Animefan446

Everyone knows the storyline to the Otome game Ikemen Sengoku but, what if Mai and Sasuke weren't the only pe... More

Character Introduction
I Have To Forget About The Past And Move On
A Trip To Kyoto Gone Wrong
One Hell Of A Bad Night
A Violent Start To Our New Life In The Sengoku
I Won't Let Anyone Else Die In Front Of Me Again
Please Forgive Me, My Precious Friend
I Don't Need Friends
She's Afraid Of Getting Close To Someone Again
For The First Time In A Long Time, I Let Someone Into My Life
I May Have Been Wrong About The Warlords After All

The Sora That I Once Knew Was Coming Back To Us

803 28 11
By Animefan446

SORA'S POV

A month had passed since Mai and I have been in the Sengoku. Mai was getting along fine with the warlords especially with Nobunaga, but, I can tell there's something going between the two of them and I don't like it. Me, on the other hand, I still have trouble trusting them except for Masamune, since he's the only warlord I can get along with. Mai and Masamune try their best to get my confidence back and make sure that I'm eating and sleeping well.

However, no matter what they say or do, it won't change my mind about the other warlords and fighting alongside Nobunaga. Right now, I was at the training grounds and Mia was pestering me to go to the audience hall for dinner.

"No," I told Mai for the tenth time.

"Come on, Sora, you're starting to get your confidence back and you're looking a lot better too. Why is it so hard for you to try and meet the guys properly?"

"Because I still don't trust them aside from Masamune and I don't do well in large groups."

"Oh for god's sake, you weren't this much of a hassle whenever I brought my friends home from work."

"That was different! I know them, I trust them and above all, they're not flirting with you."

"Flirting?"

"You can't fool me, Mai, I've seen the way Nobunaga looks at you, it's clear he wants you."

Mai blushed bright red and she said to me.

"That's none of your business and besides, it's not like you have any room to talk!"

"I'm not interested in that guy and I never will."

I told Mai as I went back to training. Mai sighed and then Masamune showed up.

"Are you two bickering or just discussing?"

"Oh hey, Masamune, can you please do something about the stubborn wolf? I asked her to come to the audience hall for dinner but, she flat out refused me."

"What did you expect? Sora isn't ready for that kind of thing yet besides, let's not rush her yet."

"Finally! someone agrees with me!" I sarcastically said. 

"But, she's been away from the audience hall for at least two months and she still hasn't made an attempt to try and get along with anyone."

"Don't try and push her, you might overwhelm her."

"Uh guys, I'm right here," I told them but, they weren't listening.

Masamune and Mai continued to argue what was best for me without asking me what I want. I sighed a little before walking away and leaving them to bicker. 

TIME SKIP...

I sat on the porch while staring at the night sky. I sighed a little and then my stomach started to growl. I frowned a little and I mumbled.

"I guess...it wouldn't hurt to at least give them a chance..."

I stood up from the porch and I headed to the audience hall. I sniffed the air and the food smelled nice. I got to the sliding doors and right when I was about to open them, I heard a lot of chattering going on.

"Are you sure Sora is gonna show?"

"I doubt it, that girl has anger issues."

My eyes widen when I heard Nobunaga and Ieyasu talking about me. 

"Don't be so mean Ieyasu! Sora is just having it rough that's all."

"She's right, besides, Sora has just started to trust us, at least give her chance," Masamune told the others.

"A chance? why? so we can give her a chance to snap and bite our heads off? I don't think so," Ieyasu spoke.

"Look I know she has her moments, but, deep down, she's friendly, she just needs to remember what it was like to be happy before...never mind."

"Mai, just tell us why she's been acting the way she is, you and Lord Nobunaga know why so how come you can't tell us?" Hideyoshi asked her.

I frowned and growled angrily before slam opening the doors.

"Because it's none your business that's why!"

The warlords looked at me shocked and then Mai said to me.

"Sora! um...how long have you been standing there?"

"Long to hear you guys talking about me."

I glared at Ieyasu and I said to him.

"And just who keeps snapping and biting people's heads off, Ieyasu?"

"Um, well-"

"And as for you Hideyoshi!"

Hideyoshi looked at me nervously and I told him.

"Stop pressuring Mai into why I've been acting like this! keep your nose out of my life and my business!!"

"Unlike Ieyasu, I was only trying to find what the problem was and help-"

"Well stop trying and leave me alone!!"

I walked away from the audience hall and I heard Mai shout.

"Sora! wait! don't go! at least stick around a bit longer."

"No thanks!" I shouted at Mai.

I looked over my shoulder and I glared at her.

"I planned to give them a chance to see what they're like and this is what I get?! I'm not hanging around with a bunch of warlords who talk badly about me and keep butting into my life!"

"Sora, they're only worried about."

3RD PERSON POV

The warlords peaked out of the audience hall and they watched and listened to the sisters' conversation.

"They've got a funny way of showing it, especially that pipsqueak Ieyasu!"

"Ignore him, he's just got a big mouth that's all, look, why don't you just forget about it and have dinner with us."

"No thanks, I just suddenly lost my appetite."

Sora walked away from Mai and then she asked her.

"Sora, where are you going?"

"Out! don't follow me and don't wait for me either!"

Sora turned a corner and then they heard the sliding doors slam shut loudly. Mai sweatdropped and then Masamune mumbled.

"Well, that could've been worse."

Mai glared at Ieyasu and she said to him.

"Nice work, Ieyasu."

"What did I do?!"

"You and your big mouth that's what!" Hideyoshi shouted.

"Hideyoshi is right, Sora was about to let her guard down so, we can try and get to know her better but instead you and the others jumped to conclusions about her," Masamune told him.

Ieyasu sweatdropped and then Hideyoshi spoke up.

"Don't you think we should go after her?"

"No, you guys don't know my sister, when she gets like this, it's impossible to talk to her. It's probably for the best to let her cool down before we start worrying about her," Mai explained to the others.

Back with Sora, she walked through town and there were some people still out about. Sora didn't listen to their conversation as she walked through the village with a frown on her face.

SORA'S POV

'Why did I even bother going to the audience hall? I knew something like this was gonna happen. I can't stand being in large crowds and I hate it when people try and butt into my life. I can't stand being in the Sengoku period anymore, as soon as it gets closer to the day when the wormhole arrives, I'll be there and I'll be back in the future, where I won't be involved with wars or all of this bloodshed.'

I thought to myself as I continued to wander through the village. I stopped in my tracks and I glanced at the castle.

'But, what will Mai do? will she come with me or will she stay with that goddamn Devil? Ugh, I can't think like that right now, I need a drink to drown my sorrows.'

I got to one of the local bars and I sat down at one of the available tables that were in the corner of the room where I won't be disturbed. I ordered a small dinner since I was still feeling hungry until a waitress came over to me and she said to me.

"Here's your drink of sake."

"Wait, I didn't order a drink."

"I know, but, that handsome guy in the corner did."

The waitress pointed out and I saw a handsome man in the corner. He had that flirtatious look on his face but, I frowned a little.

"Tell him I said thanks for the drink but, I'm not interested."

"Okay..."

The waitress spoke nervously before heading back towards the stranger. I finished eating dinner before opening the bottle of sake. I downed the cup of sake and I sighed a little. Just then, someone said to me.

"That's a first, I've never known a woman to down her drink like that."

I looked up and it was Sasuke.

"Sasuke? what are you doing here?"

"I came here with my boss, he was desperate for a drink."

"Was he now?" I asked before downing another cup of sake.

"Yes, look, why don't you join us? it's better than drinking alone."

I thought for a moment and I sighed in defeat.

"Fine, but if things get out of hand, I'm leaving."

"Fair enough, come on, we're in one of the private rooms."

I stood up from the chair and I got my bottle and I followed Sasuke. We entered one of the private rooms and then Sasuke told his boss.

"Lord Kenshin, Lord Shingen, sorry for taking so long, but, I hope you don't mind but, I've brought a friend to join us."

I looked who Sasuke was talking to and it was Kenshin, Yukimura and Shingen. How I recognised them? it was because they were the very same people who I met on the cliff after running away from Nobunaga. Shingen's eyes lit up when he saw me and he said to me.

"I don't believe it! you're the one who I met from the cliff! it's been a while," Shingen said as he held my hand.

I smacked his hands away from me and he rubbed the back of his hand.

"Ow, that really hurt."

"Good, because it was supposed to and I'm not interested in flirts like you."

Shingen stood there with a shocked expression and I heard Sasuke mumble.

"Brr! did it suddenly really cold in here?"

"Sasuke, are you sure this was a good idea?"

I asked him and then Sasuke said to me.

"It's fine, besides you're here now, you might as well get comfortable."

"Ugh, fine but, keep 'Romeo' away from me."

"That can be arranged, you can sit next to Kenshin."

Sasuke said as placed Shingen on the other side of the table. I sat next to Kenshin and he didn't look pleased. 

"Lord Kenshin, she was drinking alone, what was I supposed to do? leave her?"

"That would have been for the best, considering..."

"Considering what?!" I shouted with a glare in my eyes.

"Please Kenshin! finish!"

I shouted as my dark and scary aura appeared, which scared Sasuke, Shingen and Yukimura. 

"Nothing...never mind," Kenshin mumbled before taking a sip of his sake.

"Scary~" Yukimura commented after scooting away from us.

"I'll say, she almost acted like a mini-Kenshin just now."

"Watch it, Shingen, otherwise I'll kill you," Kenshin said as he reached for his sword.

"Go right ahead, I'm not gonna stop you," I said before taking a sip of my sake.

Shingen looked at me shocked and he asked me.

"Why are you so mean?"

I death glared at Shingen making shrink back in fear.

"You've got no idea how tired I am of hearing that."

"Careful, Lord Shingen, this woman is crazy."

I smirked a little after Yukimura said this. I continued to sit next to Kenshin while I listened to their conversations. From what I learnt so far, the four men were here to gather info about Azuchi before making a move and apparently this was their last night here before going to war with Nobunaga.

"I don't feel so good..." Sasuke said after resting his head on the table.

"Hang in there bud!" Yukimura shouted for his friend.

I giggled quietly and then Yukimura shouted at me.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Oh, nothing."

I said while holding back my laughs.

"Sasuke, you're pathetic, even after four years of training you're still a lightweight."

Kenshin grumbled and then Shingen helped Sasuke onto his feet.

"Come on Yuki, let's get Sasuke some air, meanwhile, I can teach you how not to be rude to our guest here."

"What does that mean? She's being harsh with us."

Yukimura said as he helped Sasuke onto his feet and leaving the room. Kenshin and I were alone and we didn't say anything for a few minutes until Kenshin said to me.

"You've got that same look in your eyes as I do."

I looked at Kenshin and then his mismatched eyes stared into mine.

"Those eyes...it's the same look that I have as well. You've been through something horrible and you can't forget about it."

I was surprised that he noticed.

"How do you know? You don't know the things I've seen nor I've done."

I said as I stared at my reflection in the cup of sake. I heard the echoes of the gunfire and my comrades dying screams.

"True, but, judging from your reactions with Yukimura and Shingen and how you sat there in silence not wanting to get involved, you and I are alike."

I looked at Kenshin and I listened to him.

"You think you're the only one who thinks the world is against you but, in reality, you just want to do something that makes you feel alive so, the past won't haunt you."

Kenshin looked at me and then he gently rolled up the sleeve of my under-layered top and he saw the scars that I received on that day when Maria died.

"You can hide these scars all you want but, they will always be a reminder of the past."

I knew what he was saying was true but...

"That's the problem," I said as pulled down my sleeve.

"It's not the scars, it's not just the past haunting me...it's the hole in my heart."

I lowered my head sadly as I continued.

"I lost someone in battle and she was my best friend, no, she was like a sister to me...Maria promised me that we'll be best friends forever but, when she took that stabbing for me...it felt like my whole world came crashing down in front of me...Mai and the others try their best to help me but, how can I get over my friend's death when my heart still has a massive that refuses to heal?"

Kenshin didn't know what to say until he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"The wound in your heart might still feel fresh but, in time it will heal. Blaming yourself and shutting yourself away isn't the answer, you just need to learn to open up to others."

"And did you? You said you and I are alike, does that mean you're over your loved one's death?"

"Kind of but, if it hadn't been for Shingen I wouldn't be here right now. I still blame myself for Isehime's death because I was weak and I had no power back then but, now that I have control of the Uesugi clan and having to fight the devil king, I feel alive more than ever."

"You're going to battle because it makes you feel alive?"

"You wouldn't understand but then again, you were a soldier once so you know the feeling to feel alive when it comes to a fight."

"Except I used to fight for my country but now, I only use my abilities to protect those who are near and dear to me, that's why I refuse to fight in these goddamn wars, I won't put my life on the line again and I swore to myself that I'd live a normal life after I left the army."

"Whatever that is," Kenshin said before taking a sip of his sake.

I looked at him confused and he then said to me.

"You said you want to live a normal life after leaving the army but, let me ask you this, how can you live a normal life after seeing so many of your friends die in front of your eyes and getting blood on your hands? It's not something that you can forget about that easily especially losing someone who was close to you."

I didn't know what to say about that because he was right. How was I able to become a normal woman again after leaving the army? Was my current lifestyle back in the modern world just an illusion just to escape from the pain that I've been ignoring for so long...was it all a lie?

I glanced at my hand and I pictured Maria's blood on my hands. I frowned a little and I mumbled.

"I can't run away from my past...no matter what I do..." 

I trembled a little and I gritted my teeth. 

"Then don't run away from it, confront it, that's the only way for you to get over your grief."

'He's right, all I've done for the past year is running away from a past that continued to haunt me because I thought I was too weak to save my friend but, I realise now, her death wasn't my fault. She did it to protect me so, that I would get back home...back to my family...'

I smiled at Kenshin and I said to him.

"You know what? you're right, Kenshin. I blamed myself for my friend dying but, back then, I thought it was my fault that she died, however, I realise now that she sacrificed her life so that I would survive that battle and get back to my sister."

Kenshin looked at me surprised when he saw that smile on my face and he then smirked at me.

"Glad to hear it, so, what will you do now?"

"I don't know, but, for tonight..." I picked up my cup of sake and I looked at Kenshin.

"I'm calling a truce for the Uesugi-Takeda forces because this may be one of the last peaceful nights that I'm gonna have before going to war with you, God of War."

Kenshin was surprised at first but then he smirked at me afterwards.

"I guess that's true, all right, we'll drink until the morning."

"That is if you can last long without passing out."

"Is that a challenge I hear from an ex-soldier?"

"Hey, I've been drinking since I was 18 and I went drinking a lot with my army buddies before I went through that rough patch, I bet I can beat you at a drinking contest."

"Ooh, you don't wanna mess with the War God."

I giggled a little before we started our little drinking contest. 

TIME SKIP...

MAI'S POV

A few hours had passed and there was still no sign of Sora. I was starting to get worried as I stood at the gates with Masamune. 

"She's been gone for such a long time, Masamune."

"Don't worry, Ieyasu and Mitsunari are looking for her, she'll be back."

"Hey, guys!" We heard Ieyasu call out to us.

We turned to look and Ieyasu and Mitsunari had a very drunk Sora with them. I was shocked by this and I ran over to her.

"Sora! Sora! are you all right?!" I shouted before patting her cheeks.

Sora groaned a little and then Ieyasu spoke up.

"We were looking for her until one of the villagers told us Sora headed into one of the bars," Ieyasu explained to us.

"By the time we got to her, we found her like this," Mitsunari told us.

"Sora! wake up!" I shouted as pinched her cheek.

"Ow! stop it! captain Nara!" Sora shouted.

"Who the heck is Nara?" Masamune asked out loud.

"Never mind that! Sora, how many cups of sake did you have?!"

"...Oh, I lost count...when I was having a drinking contest with...my new drinking buddy...*giggle*"

Ieyasu rolled his eyes and then he said to me.

"It's no use talking to her, she's not gonna remember."

"Oh...who asked you! ya pipsqueak?!" Sora shouted before stumbling a little.

Masamune caught her in time and he chuckled a little.

"I think we better get this one to her bed before she passes out in front of the gates."

Masamune said before he throws Sora over her shoulder.

"Hey! what are you doing?!" I shouted at him.

"It's faster this way, besides, it's not like she's gonna remember it," Masamune said before I checked Sora only to find her slipping in and out consciousness.

I sighed but, I giggled afterwards because this was the first time I've seen Sora get so drunk before. Masamune and I got to her room and then we tucked her in bed and then she mumbled.

"Mai...forgive me...for being a failure and an idiot..."

"Hehe, you're not a failure but, you're an idiot for getting yourself drunk like this."

I told her, even though she was already asleep. Masamune chuckled and then he asked me.

"Was she always like this before you two came here?"

"The only time when I saw her like this was when she went out drinking with her friends from the army and that was about it."

"I see and she's definitely gonna get a sore head in the morning."

Masamune said as he gently stroked the top of Sora's head. I smiled a little and I thought to myself.

'I don't know what happened tonight but, what I do know, is that the Sora that I once knew was coming back to us.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 4.2K 28
This is a BL fanfic! Naruto x Gaara <3 Naruto goes on a mission with Konohamaru, Moegi and Udon. There he meets Gaara, the sand ninja of Sunagakure...
1.5K 107 13
After the war, you've made yourself quite a name in the ninja world. Some people saw you as a fierce kunoichi afraid of nothing, others like an eccen...
339K 8.8K 37
Obito x Reader x Kakashi (Y/N) loved Obito, he loved Rin, Rin loved Kakashi, and Kakashi loved (Y/N). After tragedy occurs how does the chain switch...
639 16 36
Courier, scout, daredevil, housemaid ... Princess? Katsuko has had many identities in the seven years since a wormhole sent her back in time to feuda...