Please Forgive Me, My Precious Friend

A few days later...

SORA'S POV

Dreamworld...

I was at the battlefield with Maria and she was helping me escape since we were both captured by the enemy and somehow we were able to escape from their torture but, barely. I collapsed onto my knees since I was tired and my leg was hurting so much.

"Maria...I can't go on anymore...please...leave me here and save yourself!"

"No way! a good soldier never leaves their comrade behind!"

Maria shouted before she puts my arm over her shoulder again and then she pulls me onto my feet and she starts to drag me. I smiled a little and I asked her.

"Hey Maria...if we make it out of this alive, let's find a different job we can do instead of this...after tonight's battle, there's no way I'm gonna put my life on the line anymore."

"Do you know something, that does sound like a good idea."

Maria and I both giggled a little until we heard the enemy shouting. 

"Where are they?!"

"They're around here somewhere! keep looking!"

Maria and I looked at each other and then we hid behind cover. I yelped in pain when I tried to kneel down, however, Maria covered my mouth and hushed me. I nodded my head while clutching my leg. Suddenly, the enemy started shooting and then Maria drew her pistol and she fired back and she managed to kill at least four or five of them. 

"Come on, we've gotta keep moving!" Maria shouted as she dragged me onto my feet again.

We were getting closer and closer to finding our general until more enemies appeared. Maria held me close as she fires her pistol at them but, she ran out of ammo when their leader ran towards her with a machete knife. Maria shoves me out of the way but, she got stabbed in the chest.

"MARIA!!!" I yelled in horror as she stood there with a shocked expression.

DREAM ENDS...

I shot my eyes open when I saw that memory again. I slowly sat up on the bed and it was still dark outside and I noticed that I was in the Sengoku era. I frowned a little and I looked at the palm of my hand and it was trembling. 

"Maria...why did you have to die...?" I whispered before curling up into a ball.

I couldn't go back to sleep so I got changed into my casual wear and I grabbed a sword that I received from Nobunaga, even though I told him I wasn't interested in fighting for him. I got to the training grounds and I started with sword practice.

A few hours later...

3RD PERSON POV

As Sora continued with her training, Hideyoshi and Mitsunari noticed her and then Hideyoshi asked Mitsunari.

"Hey Mitsunari, how are Sora and Mai doing?"

"Mai takes very little food, my lord. She looks pale and I don't think she's sleeping much and as for Sora, well..."

Mitsunari glances at Sora and she continued practising with her sword and even though she broke a sweat she didn't stop.

"She's been like this for a few days now. Ever since she arrived here and after that incident, she's been practising with her sword and the pistols that Lord Nobunaga provided for her non-stop, every morning, noon and night she keeps doing this and when she's not practising with her weapons, she stares at the sky like a lost soul. I'm worried, she hasn't been eating much either and she looks pale and tired. That is to say, neither of them has changed much since the enemy attacked."