Passing Motions

xFakingaSmilex tarafından

Blake and Ava must fight for the life they want, even if that involves risking it all. Series Order: Baby St... Daha Fazla

PASSING MOTIONS
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

5.7K 252 33
xFakingaSmilex tarafından

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Charlotte overlooks a young woman as she places the decorations on the bar tables. It's a stunning floral arrangements of lilies and gerberas, along with tea light candles around the crystal vases.

"These look amazing! It's so much better than I thought." Charlotte squeals with delight as she claps her hands.

She peers over her shoulder, tucking a strand of curly hair behind her ear.

"How's the fairy lights coming along?" Char raises a thin eyebrow.

I glance up and tilt my head to the side. The man slowly winds the cord around the metal arch, careful not to disturb the clusters of purple flowers hanging from the green vines.

"Yeah, it's coming along." I tug on a smile.

"We've only got another hour before the guests arrive." Charlotte fidgets with her fingers which makes me sigh.

"Don't worry, that's plenty of time! How about you sneak a drink from the bar? Might calm those nerves down a little bit."

"I promise not to look." The man laughs.

"Am I being that bad again?" Char's shoulders slump as she sighs. "I'm really sorry."

"We understand the stress, but now's the time to stop because everything is going perfectly."

"Shouldn't I stress more? Something is bound to go wrong now." She bites her lower lip.

"Stop chewing your lip otherwise it'll look mangled in your engagement photos."

"Damn, you're right."

"Come here." I wave her over.

Charlotte race across and slams into my side. I wrap my arms around her waist and she rests her chin on my shoulder. Her body is tense, so I softly rub her lower back.

"Kyle wasn't happy with me today . . . I can't help it. He doesn't understand that I need things to be perfect because I don't want his parents to think I can't throw a good engagement party. What if this turns out crap and they think I'm not serious about him?"

I pat her back and chuckle.

"His parents are nothing like that." I shake my head. "They just want you both to be happy, so enjoy the night and don't stress if something goes wrong. Whatever happens, happens."

Charlotte steps away and tugs on a smile.

"Why do I keep screwing everything up?"

I wrangle her into another hug.

"Don't you dare say that!"

"Okay." She laughs. "We both know it's true."

"Check inside and let me know if there's anything else I can do."

She squeezes me in a tight hug before wandering away.

I wander under the blooming purple flowers, the sweet smell wafting in the cool late afternoon breeze. I slide my hands over my little bump and smile. Once I get to the end of the walkway, I turn around and go back.

Charlotte races outside, her golden heels clattering against the pavement. She clings to my arm and sips her wine.

"Everything is perfect, I can't believe it!"

"See! I told you there was nothing to worry about."

Charlotte takes another sip and sighs.

"Do you want a drink?"

"Can I have the strawberry ice tea?"

"Of course." She nods.

Blake walks out of the building and shoves his hand into his dark blue pant pocket. Charlotte squeezes my arm and chuckles.

"He always looks really good dressed up." Charlotte dreamily sighs.

"Are you talking about my husband?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No, my soon-to-be-husband." Charlotte races towards the door just as Kyle steps out. She's right, Kyle has always looked good dressed up, but he could never compare to Blake. If I wasn't pregnant now, I would be tonight.

Charlotte leaps into Kyle's arms and plants a kiss on his lips. Kyle swirls her through the air and she squeals with delight. The pair wander inside while Blake stalks towards me.

His arms wrap around my waist, and I slide my hands over his arms and around his neck. He rubs his nose against mine and kisses it.

"You're glowing, baby. You're so beautiful, I can't. You're taking my breath away."

"Really? I feel bloated and nauseous, but thank you."

He cups my cheek and frowns.

"Do you want to sit down? I could find you something to eat. I bet there's something in the kitchen you could have, or I'll order you something."

"Don't worry, Charlotte's getting me a drink which I hope has some fruit in it."

"Are you sure?" He sighs.

"Yes! Now how come you're here this early? I thought my parents were running late?"

"Perhaps something fell through? They never said why they were early to pick London up. I thought about napping, but I decided to see if you need my help."

"Thank you for coming early, but lucky for you, everything is done." I chuckle.

"Thank goodness." He chuckles.

I grab his prickly cheeks and plant my lips on his. He grabs the back of my neck and deepens the kiss with so much passion, my stomach erupts with butterflies. He rests his head against my forehead and tugs on a smile.

"Seeing you is making everything better."

"Perhaps I was missed by our bub?" His chest rumbles from the laughter.

Blake slides his hand over my bump and beams with joy.

"Don't worry baby girl, Daddy isn't going anywhere, unless it's to bed."

"Please don't talk about bed, I'm so tired."

I snuggle into his warm chest and he rubs my lower back.

"Is everything okay, Ava?"

I turn to the side and smile at Kyle.

"Yes," I mumble.

"Here's your drinks." He holds out the beer and ice tea, which I happily take.

"Cheers." Blake grins.

As I step to the side, Blake tugs on my waist and my hip bumps into his side. I stir the drink before taking a sip.

Kyle awkwardly scratches the back of his head. "I should help Charlotte with something."

"Some emotional support would be good."

"Sounds about right." He laughs.

Kyle wanders away and we look at each other.

"What should we do?" Blake raises an eyebrow.

"We could wander around the gardens for a little bit."

"Mm, I like that idea." He grins.

"Of course you do." I roll my eyes.

He takes my hand and we wander down the pathway and into the garden. There's an assortment of roses, shrubs and other bushes which leave a delightful scent lingering in the air.

Blake places his beer on the grass, then cups my cheek. I cringe under his cold grasp which makes us laugh.

"I'm sorry about that."

"Just kiss me already."

His hand slides into the back of my hair and he grips it. Goosebumps trail over my skin as his tongue dances with mine. The other hand slides around my waist and pulls me closer, to which, my stomach swirls with excitement.

* * * * *

Blake's fingers trail over my lower back as we chat to Charlotte's co-workers. I mostly nod my head, pretend to take an interest in whatever she's chirping on about. Thankfully, the young blonde wanders away and I sigh with relief.

"Can we hide in the shadows until it's time to leave?" Blake chuckles.

"I remember when you used to be the life of the party."

"Excuse me." He shakes my waist. "I am still the life of the party, just not here because I don't know anyone."

"We know Kyle's parents."

"You know them, I've just stood there and smiled."

"Sorry." I bite my lip.

"Don't be sorry about that!"

"Let's talk to them before we get stuck with someone else."

"Yes, let's do that."

Blake nabs another beer at the bar before we approach his parents.

Amanda's honey brown eyes light up as we wander over. She sweeps a strand of shoulder-length brown hair behind her ear, before tugging me into a hug.

"Congratulations on the baby!" Amanda beam.

Patrick shakes Blake's hand, then it returns to my lower back.

"Thank you so much." I smile.

"How's it going? When I was pregnant with Kyle, I was so tired and the only thing that would calm the nausea was the smell of fresh fruit."

"So far, so good." I nod. "I need to try that because this time around, I feel so sick! I can't get enough of vanilla smoothies. I need a constant supply of them."

"Vanilla smoothies are delicious, so I understand." Patrick chuckles.

"How's London and your parents? We haven't seen them in so long." Amanda gasps.

"She's growing up so quick, and she's so cheeky! She has her grandparents wrapped around her tiny fingers." I giggle.

"Of course she does." Amanda smiles. "I can't wait until I have grandchildren. Ah, just to hear the patter of little feet in the house again."

"Do you want London for the night?" Blake raises an eyebrow.

Our laughter is cut short from someone shouting.

Blake's arm tightens around my waist as we turn around. Kyle races across the room and Charlotte breaks down. One of her friend's swoops in and take her inside.

"I thought something like this might happen." Amanda sighs. "Kyle's been acting weird, and he's so stressed. I've been so worried about them."

"Don't stress, I'll talk to Kyle and Charlotte about it."

"Do you need me to come with you?" Blake whispers.

"Can you grab me some water and find some snacks?"

"Yes, but call if you need help." He chuckles.

"I'm practically an expert at this by now." Despite my smile, it doesn't shake the concern.

Blake kisses my hand, and I weave between the crowd before dash down the walkway and into the garden. Under the faint silver light, Kyle paces the length of the garden.

"Hey Kyle."

He turns around and runs his fingers through his hair. His brown locks are pushed into wild waves. I wrap my arms around his neck and he pulls me closer.

"What can I do? Just tell me and I'll do it."

"I love her, but she's driving me crazy."

"Yeah, that's Charlotte for you." I chuckle.

"We've been planning this for a long time, and now it's here, she can't take a deep breath and enjoy it. I thought we were making progress, but I really don't know. I just want a lazy Saturday where we hang around the house carefree."

"She just wants things to be perfect. If you keep reassuring her everything is going to be okay, she manages to calm down."

"Okay." He nods.

"She loves you so much, she's stressing herself out. Take her out for lunch tomorrow, and you'll find that she'll be really happy since tonight has gone pretty good."

"She's probably crying because I freaked out."

"Just apologise."

Kyle roughly exhales, then nods his head.

"While you're at it, perhaps speak to your parents? They're a little worried about you."

"Thank you for the heads up."

"Kyle?" Charlotte sniffles.

I elbow him in the stomach and nod towards the outline of Charlotte.

"Good luck!"

Kyle inhales a deep breath and goes to Charlotte. She jumps into his arms and faintly whispers. I hurry past the pair and back to Blake.

He's holding a glass of water and an arrangement of delicious snacks! I take a bite into the party pie and look at Amanda and Patrick. I quickly swallow the hot mince and tug on a smile.

"Sorry, bub's hungry." I chuckle.

"Is everything okay? Should I go and see them?"

"Don't stress! Kyle and Charlotte are talking it out. Charlotte just wants everything to be perfect, she was worried you guys wouldn't like her party."

"We'd be happy with anything, just as long as they are."

"That's what I've been telling her." I sigh. "However, all I can do is support them the best I can, oh, and just nudge them along the right pathway."

"Have you thought about counseling for a profession?" Amanda chuckles.

"Me giving people advice? I'm usually the one getting advice from everyone else."

"You're really good at helping people."

"Thanks." I awkwardly chuckle.

"What about an advice column, blog or something about your experience? I bet you'd be great at that, you've been through so much." Patrick smiles.

"Um, hm. I don't know where I'd start."

"It's something to think about."

"We should socialise, thank you for taking care of them."

"No worries."

Amanda tugs me into a hug before wandering away. Blake wraps his arm around my waist and I return to eating.

"Does that mean we can't sneak away early?"

"Gosh no." I sigh. "Why do you think I sent London away for the night?"

Blake presses his face against my head and sighs, his warm breath tickling my cheek. 

Sorry about the wait! I got a job *yay* and so it takes me longer to write chapters because small children are exhusting! 

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

678K 23.5K 32
As their life turns towards a new adventure, secrets from Blake's past threaten their relationship once more. However, a hidden discovery might just...
110K 2.6K 36
When bad things happen there must come a silver lining because, without one, there is no moving forward, however, for Iris, it's not all so easy. On...
87 11 11
After everything that's happened, the death, the love, the family... We've grown up... A lot. It's time to go explore this place we call home.
12.6M 347K 38
Sometimes we keep secrets because we know the truth will hurt more, but what happens when you keep a secret? Ava pretends she's happy despite struggl...