๐…๐Ž๐‘๐๐ˆ๐ƒ๐ƒ๐„๐ ๐…๐‘๐”๐ˆ๐“...

By geminiklaus

๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’ โ—.*๏ฝฅ๏พŸ "๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐ž๐ญ, ๐ก๐ž, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฏ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ข๐ญ... More

[ CASTING ]
[ CHAPTER ONE ]
[ CHAPTER TWO ]
[ CHAPTER THREE ]
[ CHAPTER FOUR ]

[ CHAPTER FIVE ]

6.8K 371 267
By geminiklaus

1862, Mystic Falls

         The atmosphere in the dining room was beyond tense, the air thick with tension so vast Roslyn was certain she'd be able to slice it using one of the many knifes laid out elegantly on the oak tabletop. 

It almost felt as all participants were too uncomfortable to speak, Giuseppe finding his whiskey glass more interesting, Damon pushing around the remains of his pudding around the plate futilely and Stefan keeping his attention fixed on the ticking grandfather clock behind his father.

The youngest Salvatore was oddly fixated by the clock, watching desperately as both hands moved painfully and rather slowly around the face. 

It was no secret why Stefan was so eager for the dinner to end, to retire back to his room so he wouldn't have to face the beautiful blonde who occupied his thoughts.

Gaze travelling around the table, Roslyn frowned when Damon- as if feeling her stare- snapped his head up, narrowing his eyes in her direction. 

His vibrant eyes were stormy with disgust and anger, eyes that practically screamed 'You're not welcome here'.

Averting her gaze swiftly, a soft, bored sigh left Roselyn's lips as she glanced down at her own plate. Her pudding, a generous scoop of strawberry trifle, sat untouched and unprovoked before her, something Stefan noted with furrowed brows.

She had very little appetite currently, finding certain tastes and scents would cause her stomach to churn. At first, Roslyn had suspected she'd caught some sort of virus or bug, however, a visit from the doctor had confirmed Giuseppe's suspicion; she was with child.

The words had regretfully filled her with dread. The thought of a part of Giuseppe growing within her made her feel sick, something she was extremely ashamed to admit. 

Every time the thought crossed her mind, she found herself reminding her that Amelia's father had been anything but a kind man, more despicable than Giuseppe, yet Roslyn treasured her golden-haired daughter more than anything.

Still feeling Damon's gaze shooting daggers straight through her, Roslyn bit her lip but tried not to let Damon's actions get to her. 

She was just glad Amelia was already tucked safely in bed, hidden away from the uncomfortable tension.

Even before they'd sat down, Amelia had begun to show signs of tiredness, but being the strong-willed young girl she was, she hadn't wanted to go to bed just yet. 

However, her exhaustion had soon caught up on her, as soon as she'd finished her main course, her eyes had begun drooping, breathing evening out.

Roslyn had gone to take her daughter to her bedroom, to tuck her in the covers and kiss her goodnight, but Giuseppe had fixed her with a sharp gaze, informing her one of the maids would carry her daughter to bed,.

Roslyn had been forced to watch with a frown as the older lady with tired eyes herself carried Amelia up to her room.

At least Amelia wasn't going to be present for their announcement, something Roslyn was glad of. 

Though her daughter would no doubt be ecstatic from the aspect of being a big sister, Roslyn needed to find the right words, and something told her Giuseppe's children wouldn't be too pleased with the news, specifically Damon.

Glancing away from the clock, Stefan pressed his lips together as his gaze travelled between Roslyn and his father before settling on the latter. 

"You seem to be in a good mood, father." Stefan admitted, voice sounding projective in the previously quiet room.

Stefan broke the tension like an axe to wood, swiftly and steadily, for better or for worst- Roslyn wasn't sure. Giuseppe nodded, motioning for the nearby maid to fill up his now empty glass.

The young girl could barely look in Stefan's direction. She'd been avoiding him for the last fortnight, ever since he'd assumingly tried to kiss her in the stable yard. 

He'd tried to talk to her several times, but Roslyn had managed to escape through daft excuses. Eventually she'd become rather talented at avoiding Stefan all together, hiding out with her daughter and in the library.

Sending his son a rare smile that reached his eyes, Giuseppe picked up his now full glass. "Yes, well me and Roslyn have some news to share." He chuckled as Damon paused, dropping his fork causing it to clatter loudly on the plate. 

It seemed Giuseppe was in a far too good of a mood to scold Damon, who was watching them carefully.

After taking a sip from his glass, Giuseppe placed it down, draping an arm over the back of her chair, not noticing how Roslyn leaned away from him. 

Her skin crawled at the thought of him touching her. It was bad enough she was forced to please him in their marriage bed, never mind him showing her affection out of it.

However, there were some benefits to Giuseppe being an older man, he certainly didn't have much stamina and wouldn't last very long, that was when he wasn't soft and flaccid- something which was a regular occurrence.

Stefan glanced between the two uncertainly, brows furrowed and forehead creased, whilst Damon seemed to straighten up in his chair, gaze narrowed and serious.

Roslyn held the breath of air threatening to huff from her lips as she reluctantly allowed Giuseppe to announce their news, like the good, obedient wife she regretfully was. 

"We are to have a new addition to the family." Giuseppe announced which seemed to shock both brothers.

Stefan seemed to pale, eyes so vulnerable and hurt Roslyn could barely cast a glance in his direction. 

However, to her surprise, Damon wasn't expressing his anger, his lips curved into an amused yet belittling smirk.

He shook his head, snorting. "A new addition... As in a dog, or a horse, or hell- a rat, or a new addition as in a baby." Damon trailed off with a tone sharp enough to cut graphite.

Damon's electric gaze flickered down to Roslyn's covered up stomach as Giuseppe fixed his son with a glare. "Watch your tone." He ordered, voice loud and booming.

Frowning, Stefan watched with uncertainty as his brother openly defied their father, something he rarely ever did. 

Damon seemed to be the past the point of caring, Stefan could practically feel the heat of the imaginary steam bursting out of his ears.

Although he was proud of Damon for standing up to their father, he was worried for the repercussions of his actions. 

No doubt there would be consequences, even if his father seemed to be a in pleasant mood.

Damon's smirk only widened. "Wow, that didn't take you long... Mother's grave isn't even that cold yet." Damon snarled, hands resting on the table before he pushed himself up. 

Giuseppe's eyes darkened as his son marched out the room, his father following after him swiftly, much to Stefan's concerns.

Roslyn was still sat stiffly at the table, crossing her arms as the room once more returned to its awkward atmosphere. Stefan bit his lip, trying to meet her gaze, still appearing awfully pale.

Clearing his throat, Stefan was unsure of what to say, struggling to come up with the right words.

"Congratulations, I'm uh, happy for you." He tried to force a smile, failing to do so as his lips downturned into a frown.

Roslyn's gaze softened, feeling her chest tighten painfully at how vulnerable Stefan looked, his innocent, ethereal eyes expressing every single emotion he was feeling.

"No, you're not." She responded softly, shaking her head.

Frowning, Stefan stiffened in his seat, warily glancing towards the closed dining room door. "What makes you say that?" He questioned with a frown.

Dark shadows were casted against the wall from the many flickering candles, and yet even in the dim lighting, Stefan couldn't not note how stunning Roslyn appeared. 

Her hair was wild and untamed, golden curls everywhere as she shrugged lamely.

"You're the one avoiding me." Stefan added.

Pulling her bottom lip between her teeth, Roslyn chewed nervously. "I haven't been avoiding you." She protested weakly, avoiding his gaze.

They both knew she was lying through her teeth. She'd done everything she could to avoid the handsome young man, her by law stepson.

"Really? Then why haven't you been talking to me? I-" Stefan halted, shaking his head tiredly before pushing himself up from the table.

Roslyn's previously bowed head snapped in his direction, following him with her eyes as he didn't bother pushing his chair underneath the table, heading in the direction of the door.

"Where are you going?" She asked delicately, the vulnerability in her voice making Stefan momentarily stiffen before he placed his hand on the door handle with the intention of wrenching the door open.

Frowning, Roslyn couldn't quite pinpoint the reason behind the tight feeling of panic in her chest as she stood up from her chair. 

"Stefan, wait-" She protested, quickly pushing herself between Stefan and the door.

His hand fell from the handle as Roslyn suddenly stilled, realising how close she was stood to Stefan. Her lips were inches away from his, their noses almost touching. She could feel his warm breath on her lips.

Roslyn ignored the butterflies in her stomach, swallowing as she nervously placed a hand on his shoulder. 

At first Stefan tensed at her touch, as if he was surprised, but he soon relaxed, gaze warmly glancing down at her hand before stopping at her eyes.

"I'm sorry your upset. The last thing I wanted was this- the last thing I wanted was to hurt you, not just tonight, but for the past two weeks." She apologised, staring up at him through a fan of long lashes.

Swallowing, Stefan nervously rested his hand atop of hers, hands ever-so slightly sweaty with nerves, not that Roslyn noticed. "Why?" He asked, his words a quiet whisper.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to control myself around you." She admitted.

Stefan cradled her hand, leaning forward so his nose brushed against hers, their lips one step away. 

"Then don't." He pleaded; tone desperate as his other hand gently cupped her cheek.

His thumb lovingly rubbed her soft skin as Roslyn melted at the warm and oddly intimate touch.

Roslyn wasn't quite sure if it was herself or if it was Stefan who stepped forward, but within a blink of an eye, their lips had met in the middle. 

While Stefan was slightly clumsy and inexperienced, his lips were nice and soft, moulding against hers perfectly.

It was dangerous and risky, and just like tasting the ripest of forbidden fruit, Roslyn couldn't get enough of Stefan Salvatore as he pulled her against him firmly, wrapping his arms around her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 4.7K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
285K 18.2K 22
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
148K 5K 100
'How I obsessively adore you' หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท startedโž›30/03/2024 finishedโž› หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท cover by me x
331K 9.9K 110
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...