My Jeep Girl

Por brynnbunker

When a random phone number is written on your car, what do you do? Obviously, you text it. ••• When Alex Ham... Más

Synopsis
1• A Red Herring Isn't a Valid Argument
2• Jesse's Number is Going on the Jeep!
3• Everyone Knows That M&M is the Best McFlurry Flavor
4• Call me Alex, or you can call me 949-825-4435
5• Explosion de Peanut Butter and Jelly Deliciousness
6• Self-Deprecating Humor is the Best Type of Humor: Welcome to my TED Talk.
7• If I Was an Enzyme, I'd be DNA Helicase so I Could Unzip Your Genes
8• You Just Called Me Mr. Big-Shot Athlete
9• Don't You Know That Coffee Contains C8H10N4O2?
11• You've Just Made a Deal With the Devil, Little Hamilton
12• A Simple Date With a Cute Australian Basketball Player, no Big Deal.
13• Alex Eats Coffee Ice Cream and Walks Down the Beach with a Cute Guy!
14• Cheesy Pick-Up Lines are not Permitted in the Library, Hotshot
15• Tell Your Taste Buds to Grow a Pair
16• Little Hamilton, You Would Never be my Murder Victim
17• The Crazy Coffee Addict, Alex Hamilton
18• There's Not One Flaw About Reese's Puffs
19• I'm a Matchmaker, It's What I Do
20• Jesse Campbell is an Irritable Bitch When he Doesn't Get Sleep
21• Coffee on Crack, Brought to You by Zac Efron!
22• A Dope Set of Biotechnology Flashcards
23• Making Moves and Serenading Girls
24• A Horny Teenage-Boy With Needs For Intimacy
25• Jesse Campbell, Star Basketball Player and Flour Terrorist
26• The Pie is so Perfect, I Put a Ring on It.
27• Thanksgiving Is A Fresh Kid Cuisine And A Liter Of Coke
28• The Biggest Plot Twist There Ever Was
29• The Mystery Girl Not So Mysterious
30• Laser Tag is Surprisingly Seductive
31• Say More Right Now!
32• Mr. Gay Australian Hunk Say WHAT?
33• Splatter This Paint Before I Murder You Instead!
34• You Can't Seduce a Straight Man And Turn Him Gay
35• Love is Fire
36• What Ever Happened to Jesse Campbell Doesn't Cheat?
37• Christmas-Themed Rubber Duckies are the Shit
38• Hey, Little Hamilton
39• This Mug is Like, Totally Relatable as Shit
40• Speak it Loud and Proud, Mystery Girl
41• I'm Not Letting You What-If Our Relationship Into Oblivion
42• The Team Captain Likes to Show Off
43• An Extremely Gay Alien, Of Course
44• Campbell & Little Hamilton's New Year's Eve Adventure
45• You Might Just Be My New Favorite Bitch
46• A Pact To Never Keep Secrets
47• Would A Nude Portrait Be To Your Liking?
48• Hope You Don't Get Airsick
49• Your Future Mac And Cheese Husband
50• Shut Up And Stop Being A Smart-Alex
51• The World Doesn't Revolve Around Jesse Campbell
52• Onward, Chariot!
53• Loud Music, a McFlurry, and Hotshot
54• CEO of Lying and Pretending to be Perfect
55• This is Not the Time For the Birds and the Bees
56• The Great Half-Truth Predicament
57• Look Out For the Androids, Woman!
58• Too Much Alcohol, Not Enough Brain Cells
59• Project Love Confession
60• Bribery Works Miracles, Ladies and Gentlemen
61• Just a Girl With Commitment Issues
62• Babysitting a Stupid 18-Year-Old
63• Peter The Pilot, Who? I Only Know Ethan Hamilton
64• All the Best Things are Cliché and Sappy
65• No McFlurries, But Are We Going to Prom?
66• Put a Little Love on Me, Little Hamilton!
67• Fuck What the People Think
68• You'll Always Be My Jeep Girl
Epilogue Part One
Epilogue Part Two
Epilogue Part Three

10• Spill the Motherfucking Piping Hot Tea

22.5K 844 555
Por brynnbunker

10• Spill the Motherfucking Piping Hot Tea

FOR a moment, the butterscotch creamer that Alex was pouring into her iced coffee really messed with my head. The mystery girl had just told me days ago how she tried butterscotch creamer for the first time and it was her new favorite. So when I went back outside, I decided to text her.

Jesse: What are you up to?

While I waited for her response, I wasn't sure what I was expecting to get out of it. It's not like she was gonna text back and say, Oh yeah, I'm hiding out in my room because the entire boy's basketball team is at my house. I stood outside next to some of the other guys while they talked, but I couldn't really tell what they were talking about. That's how in-my-head I was. But then again... over half of the girls in the school drink coffee and probably like the flavor butterscotch. I was just reading into this way too much.

It kind of felt like I was searching for reasons to find my mystery girl and know who she was in person. Even though we agreed to stay anonymous, I couldn't help my curiosity.

Mystery Girl: I'm at a sustainability festival.

There was a picture attached of some festival and I clicked on it to get a better look.

See, you stupid? She's not the mystery girl just because she drinks coffee.

Now that I'd started a conversation, I decided to say something else.

Jesse: Look at you being all sustainable. If only I was that environmentally friendly... My girlfriend would probably like me more.

Mystery Girl: Oof, you talk about your girlfriend like she absolutely hates you.

Jesse: Because she does hate me UNITL she decides to love me again.

Mystery Girl: Sounds healthy.

I put my phone back in my pocket right as DeShawn said my name to get my attention. I looked over at him and walked towards him, Zach, and one of the new additions to our team this year, an Australian guy named Alexander who was a junior transfer from Australia (obviously).

"What?" I said.

"Tyler looks like he's about to murder you or something," DeShawn said, nodding behind me. I slowly turned and saw Tyler standing over by some of the other guys, glaring at me. I turned back to DeShawn and the others, confused.

"Um, that's weird," I said. "I don't know why he would want to kill me."

"Maybe cause you're taking a crack at his sister," Alexander suggested.

"I'm not taking a 'crack' at Alex, she's my lab partner," I said. "We're not even friends, just... acquaintances who sometimes have a class together."

"So you going inside to talk to her isn't flirting?" Alexander asked.

"He has a girlfriend," Zach told him since Alexander probably didn't know that, as he really had just moved here a week or so ago. "Not flirting, but being very friendly."

"Cause I'm a friendly guy," I defended.

"All I'm saying is that if Tyler looks that angry at you for talking to his sister for, like, one minute... imagine how angry he'd get if you two were actually friends," Zach said.

"Or if he saw how you and Alex interact in biotech," DeShawn said. "I'm in that class, too. I sit right behind you guys and there's always something going on."

"I'm not scared of Tyler, guys. He couldn't do anything to me," I said, shaking my head as I looked back over my shoulder at Tyler again. Still glaring at me.

Jesus, dude needs to lighten up.

♡♡♡

Usually arriving home, I would immediately head to the basement and grab a Coke from the mini fridge, then sit down to either play some video games or watch something on TV. I was really looking forward to playing some GTA 5, but when I got home, there was noise coming from the kitchen. There was never noise coming from my house unless the kinfolk were home.

"Marcus, Karen," I greeted my parents as I walked into the kitchen. Of course, no cooking was going on. They were just standing in the kitchen sipping wine. I could hear someone upstairs in their room moving around, probably re-packing their suitcases for them with new clothes for yet another business trip.

"Well, if it isn't our lovely son," my dad said. "Home so soon?"

"It's only 11," I said. "Not like it matters what time I get home, anyway, since I'm always the only one here. I should be the one saying well, if it isn't my lovely parents!"

"We've really missed your humor," my mom said, rolling her eyes.

"So, how long are you home for? Another couple of hours?" I asked, not laying down on the sarcasm and annoyance in my voice.

"Try 10 more minutes. We have a plane to catch and a meeting in DC with the mayor," my dad said.

"10 whole minutes. I'm so lucky."

"You are lucky to see us, we're busy people, Jesse," my mom retorted. "If you had only gotten involved with your father's mayorial duties, you would be traveling with us."

"And why would I have done that? To inflict self-torture on myself? No thank you," I said.

When my dad became the mayor, he kept trying to get me to come with him to meetings and business trips with him. He always thought that if I came with, I would become inspired to follow in his footsteps and someday become the mayor. Except that wasn't what I wanted even in the slightest bit. The pure thought of being mayor made me want to throw up and also made me shiver. I passed on the opportunity, but my parents still held it against me, what with both of them being very involved in the political community in Newport. I, however, could care less.

"And he wonders why we're never home. We're busy providing for this family, Jesse. How are you expecting to provide for your future family? Basketball?" My dad huffed.

"I work my ass off to be good at basketball, I expect a scholarship," I replied. "I work my ass off to prove to both of you that I don't need to be the goddamn mayor to be successful."

"You think that now," my dad said. "You think you work your ass off, but I doubt it. You want to know what working your ass off really is? It's what I do. Not you, a foolish high school child who truly believes that you will amount to anything when it comes to some dumb sport."

My jaw clenched, but I couldn't get another word in before my parents assistant came down with their bags. "We have to go work our assess off. Do enjoy your parties and your ridiculous hopes and dreams while we're gone, though," my dad said, getting in the final word before they once again disappeared.

If there was one thing I could praise my parents for being good at, it was leaving.

The anger inside of me raged and I didn't stop myself from screaming out and kicking one of the stools at the counter, sending it falling and slamming on the hardwood floor. I hoped that the impact created a dent on the floor, a dent that my parents would have to pay to get fixed. I could burn the whole house down to put them in debt if only I knew I wouldn't go to jail. Even then, they likely wouldn't go into debt. Stupid fucking mayor.

I sat down on the floor. Sometimes the floor is the most comfortable place to sit, especially when it's time for a mental breakdown. And I could feel a mental breakdown coming on, so the floor became my sanctuary.

My parents had always paid for my basketball club teams and for private lessons, but it was when I started getting invested in the sport more than anything else that they started to despise it. Not only did they begin to hate the sport, they began to hate me for loving it. They urged me to quit many times in order to come to business meetings and trips with them, to see how the political world worked and what it was like. They hoped (and probably prayed) that I would "come to my senses" and give up basketball to join them in their political cult of a world that they lived in. Over my dead body. The only time I'd gone to a meeting with them, I hated it the entire time. I fidgeted with pens and sticky notes and anything in sight just to keep myself occupied out of the pure boredom that I felt.

Stupid fucking mayor.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and clicked on the messages app. I'd never been able to tell anyone about my parents behavior or complain to anyone before, not even Hannah. Hannah was the worst listener and the best narcissist. But now as I saw the contact I'd come to enjoy the most, I said screw it and decided to text the mystery girl.

Jesse: Okay. I need someone to confide in and rant to and I quite frankly have nobody who I can trust. I don't know you, but I like talking to you and I feel like this is something we could do. I feel like we could confide in each other if we needed to. Is that okay?

I sighed and rested my head on the back of the sofa I was sitting against. Maybe it was a mistake to text her. Maybe I shouldn't be burdening her with my daddy issues and fucked up life. We didn't even know each other, how could I assume that she would actually give a shit? Stupid, stupid, stupid...

My phone buzzed.

Mystery Girl: Tell me all about your problems, mystery boy. Spill the motherfucking piping hot tea.

I couldn't imagine getting a better response.

♡♡♡

When the mystery guy said he was going to confide in me, I was expecting him to complain about a more minuscule problem. Like relationship issues with his seemingly awful girlfriend or some sort of drama. What I didn't expect was a full-fledged rant on how his parents continuously yelled at him and got mad at him for participating in the sport he plays and not "the family business". He didn't tell me what sport or what the family business was, he said that would give away his identity. Tell me why I really wanted him to tell me so that I could know who he was. It was only slightly eating at me, but I was so damn curious. Who was this mystery boy? The mystery boy with the cheerleader girlfriend and all the problems?

I didn't mind reading all of his problems, though. I'd always been good at giving moral support or little bits of advice, especially over text. It was no different with the mystery boy except for the fact that he was just that: a mystery.

Mystery Vandaliser: And then my parents said I wouldn't amount to anything. How fucked up is that?

Alex: It's extremely fucked up.

It was pretty late at this point, though he'd texted me around 10:30. It was now almost 1 in the morning and usually, I would be getting ready to do some Saturday-night-impulsive-cleaning of my room. However, I was laying on my floor under my fuzziest grey blanket with my laptop paused on the screen of Noah Centineo's face, as I'd been watching To All The Boys I've Loved Before on Netflix prior to the mystery guy deciding to text me. And now I was just laying here texting him, every-so-often looking towards the corner of my small room by my closet where a billion clothes were laying on the ground. I'd been piling it up all week and it was really bugging the living shit out of me. I would be cleaning it up right now if the mystery guy wasn't giving me a good reason to procrastinate.

He was also giving me a good reason to get another cup of coffee.

Mystery Vandaliser: I know that we don't know each other, I'm sorry for piling all of my issues on you.

Alex: Don't apologize, I don't mind reading your long texts about your problems. I'm an avid supporter of venting.

Mystery Vandaliser: Do you actually like talking to me or do you just do it cause you're bored?

Alex: Where did your lack of confidence come from? This is not the confident and cocky mystery guy that I've come to know.

Mystery Vandaliser: Do you hate me? I'm texting you too much and it's annoying, you probably have other things that you have to do that are piling up.

I eyed my large pile of clothes.

Alex: You have no idea the pile in the corner of my bedroom.

Mystery Vandaliser: I'm serious, I don't want to burden you.

This mystery guy was seriously way more insecure than I thought at first. Just the other day he was calling me a piece of shit and now he was doing the real-life equivalent of crying and spilling your feelings to a friend, except over text. And to a complete stranger. He didn't know me and I didn't know him, but he was pouring his heart out to me and now he's seeking validation. I felt bad, but I had an idea of how I might be able to lift his spirits.

Alex: You're not burdening me. Here, let me cheer you up with my amazing skills. I can sing, I can draw, or I can make you the best-iced coffee you'll ever drink.

Mystery Vandaliser: You can't drink iced coffee through a phone.

Alex: Touche, so would you like a serenade or a drawing?

I didn't consider myself the most amazing singer on the planet, but I'd done choir all throughout high school until this year. Not to mention, I'd performed the National Anthem once at my brother's club basketball game (which was unbelievable terrifying). My choir teachers always told me that I was good and that I should take lessons to become a great singer. But my heart was always more attached to art and drawing rather than singing. Singing was just a fun thing to do in the shower.

Mystery Vandaliser: How are you planning to serenade me?

Alex: So a serenade it is... I'll send you a voice memo obviously.

Mystery Vandaliser: And what will you be singing? Do I get to choose?

Alex: You do not get to choose! The serenader has to choose the song, it must come from my heart, Mr. Mystery. Just sit back and wait patiently.

Mystery Vandaliser: I'm impatient.

I rolled my eyes and opened up my voice memos. I had my go-to serenade song already planned out. I'd had it planned out for years for literally no reason at all. Maybe at the off chance that some hot guy would come into my life at an open-mic-night and hit on me, so then I would get to whip out my pure seduction skills and serenade him.

This wasn't how I expected my first serenade to be, but I'd take it.

So I pressed record and started singing I Want To Write You A Song by One Direction. The best option for a serenading song I could've thought of. I loved a good One Direction song, especially a good old romantic love song. So I sang it quiet enough that I wouldn't wake my brother up in the next room (he would get pissy with me for singing at almost 2 in the morning), but loud enough that it would pick up on the voice memo so that the mystery boy could hear me. I wasn't sure that being serenaded would actually make him feel better, but on the off chance that it would, then the least I could do was try. Even if he replied saying how awful of a singer I was.

I clicked send and then laid back on the floor, waiting for a reply.

When my phone finally buzzed, I sat up fast and grabbed it.

Mystery Vandaliser: I've never been serenaded before, but you just stole my heart, mystery girl.

Mystery Vandaliser: Congrats, you cheered me up. What would I do without you?

♡♡♡

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

981 50 32
"Ry Ry pls wear your shirt on the bus - xx your secret admirer" Jessie read her not aloud "Jessie, he'll probably just laugh." Clara said "I'm still...
387K 9.7K 43
*Slow updates* After agreeing to be the focus of a college article, senior Charlie Murtaugh gets more than he bargains for when he's assigned a clue...
2.5M 52.4K 43
I left him. I never thought in a million years I would be the one to walk, but I was. I left the man I was madly in love with, I had no idea where I...
43K 834 17
Hailey Van Lith despised like the Madison twins. What could happen when Taylor teams up with the Louisville Women's team? What if I told you one part...