𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍...

By savvish

❝We are made of all those who have broken and built us.❞ [robin buckley x fem!oc] [stranger things; s3] More

EXTENDED SUMMARY
CAST + PLAYLIST
EPIGRAPH
1 - BOTTLED UP LIES
2 - INDIANA FLYER
3 - PHOEBE CATES
4 - ACCESSING THE DOOR
5 - ERICA IN AMERICA
6 - UNDERGROUND
7 - THE COMMS ROOM
8 - BOUND TO NOTICE
9 - WANNA BE NORMAL
10 - TRUTH SERUM
11 - BATHROOM STALLS
12 - NANCY & JONATHAN
13 - THE GIRL WITH POWERS
14 - GIRLFRIENDS
15 - THE GRISWOLD FAMILY
17 - IN LOVING MEMORY
EPILOGUE

16 - NEVERENDING STORY

6.8K 267 161
By savvish

。・:*:・★

ZOE RACED DOWN THE HILL, JUMPING INTO THE BACKSEAT OF THE TODDFATHER. As quickly as she had run towards the car, Steve and Robin weren't that far behind. Robin held a walkie-talkie to speak with Dustin and Erica, which would make things a lot easier when Zoe had no clue what to do. As Robin jumped into the passenger's seat in a hurry, Steve had jumpstarted the car, eventually pulling it down the grassy slope and driving off closer and closer towards the mall.

As the distance between the mall and car grew shorter, Zoe's heart began racing faster. The adrenaline in her system was something she had never experienced before. Not when a town like Hawkins had nothing to be excited and nervous for. How terribly wrong had she been. Her hair whipped around her face, making it almost impossible to see anything going on. She grabbed her hair, pulling it towards the back of her head before tying it into a tight ponytail that restricted all of its movement.

Steve turned the corner roughly, now in the mall's parking lot. And the sight— had not been what she was expecting. On one side, held a car with Jonathan and the kids. Nancy on the outside almost cowering into herself. On the other side was a car racing straight towards them, straight towards a vulnerable Nancy. Zoe realized it had been Billy Hargrove in the other car, paying no mind to the damage he would do if he ran into Nancy and the other vehicle. Zoe always suspected he wasn't in the right place of mind (mostly because of all the alcohol he drank) but she had never suspected this.

Steve stepped on the pedal, and quickly, Zoe realized what was about to happen. She tightened her hold on the seat just like she had done before, only this time, with more urgency. As Steve's car came closer to colliding with Billy's, the lights in the mall continued acting up. Without a second to spare, Steve crashed into Billy's car, sending both cars to spin wildly out of control. Zoe kept a tight stance in her seat, but once the car had stopped spinning wildly, she had accidentally bumped into the back of Robin's seat. She knew that was about to cause for a huge headache later on.

"Are you guys alright?" Steve asked, keeping his hands steady on the wall as his hair flipped even more wildly than before.

Robin let out a long sigh, trying to relieve herself of the stress that occurred in those ten seconds. "Ask us tomorrow?" Zoe lightly grinned, still frazzled by the sudden impact.

Zoe, realized two things at the same time. One, had been the fire that had begin to start in Billy's car. For a moment, she wondered if he were alright, and then she opted to not care, considering he was adamant on killing Nancy just a few seconds ago. The second thing she had noticed, was the large monster-like creature crawling about Starcourt Mall. It was nothing she had ever seen before. It roared down at the three or them as they stood and watch. Zoe didn't believe in the type of monsters-in-your-closet troupe, but if she had, that's what she would have been afraid of.

Nancy pulled up beside them, honking the wheel to grab the teen's attention. "Get in!" She yelled. The creature was climbing down the mall, heading towards the group of kids. Zoe didn't argue. Zoe, Robin, and Steve piled into the back of the car. Driving away from the mall once again as the creature began making a move towards them. As they drove down the road, the creature had only began moving in closer and closer to the car.

Suddenly, the sound of the radio in Robin's hands had turned on. "Dusty-bun, you copy?" A young girl's voice had spoke over the radio frequency, not a voice that Zoe (or anyone for that matter) had recognized.

"I copy, Suzie-poo." Now, it had been Dustin's voice over the radio and Zoe had put two and two together. That was Suzie. Suzie as in Dustin's girlfriend. Suzie who was hotter than Phoebe Cates. Suzie who everyone had believed was a figment of Dustin's imagination. "It sounds much better, now thanks. Okay, so listen, so you know Planck's constant?" It seemed like Steve and Robin had made the connection as well, their eyes sparked with recognition.

"Do you know the Earth orbits the sun?" Suzie retaliated.

Dustin snickers over the radio, he cleared his throat, "Okay, so I know it starts with two sixes, and then a... w-what is it?"

"Okay, let me just be clear on this. I haven't heard from you in a week, and now you want a mathematical equation that you should know so you can... save the world?" Suzie asked in disbelief. Zoe knew she missed apart of the conversation, because no one would come to the 'save-the-world' idea first. She had also cringed, for she did not sign up to be apart of a 'lovers' quarrel.

"Suzie-poo, I promise, I will make it up to you as soon as possible." Dustin pleaded, he know what was at stake here.

"You can make it up to me now. I want to hear it." Her voice became demanding.

"Not right now." Dustin pleaded, and now— out of pure curiosity, Zoe wanted to know what was going on.

"Yes, now, Dusty-bun!" The two of them continued to disagree and argue, perhaps trying to break the other one first. Suzie sighed in annoyance, "Yes, yes, you're saving the world, I heard you the first time, but Ged is also saving Earthsea and he's about to confront the shadow, so this is Suzie, signing off."

"Okay! Okay!" Dustin had given up, his voice had boomed with defeat. After a moment of silence, Zoe grew worried, how bad would this actually be?

"Turn around. Look at what you see... in her face, the mirror of your dreams..." Dustin began singing over the radio. Zoe at first looked overly confused, and when she had looked at Robin, the laughter couldn't be contain anymore.

Suzie and Dustin began harmonizing, "Make believe I'm everywhere! Given in the light. Written on the pages is the answer to a never-ending story!" Then they had begun vocalizing together. Zoe had been wrong. It was pretty bad, and with the prospect of death hanging just above them, it cheered her mood up just a little bit more. "Reach the stars. Fly a fantasy! Dream a dream. And what you see will be rhymes that keep their will unfold behind the clouds!" Everyone looked overall confused, but Zoe had to admit, it was pretty cute— just not the best timing.

"And there upon a rainbow is the answer to a never-ending story! Story!" Their vocalizing had come to an end, leaving everyone eternally grateful for such. Suzie began speaking in her regular voice, "Planck's constant is 6.62607004."

"You just saved the world!" Dustin shouted in glee. If anything, the two of them had stalled the process. The two began going on a rant on how much they missed the other, to the point where Erica had turned off the radio in annoyance. Now Erica, she had saved the world with that small action.

The monster continued to chase the group before stopping quickly and beginning to stomp in the opposite direction. "It's turning around!" Steve pointed out.

"Maybe we wore it out." Lucas suggested, but Zoe had began to believe that wasn't the case at all.

"I don't think so. Hold on!" Jonathan warned, before pulling a swift u-turn and chasing after the monster back towards the mall. The turn had been abrupt and despite Jonathan's warning, Zoe had not been prepared. Her body flew forward, causing her head to collide with the glass window. Black dots slowly prickled her vision, rendering her unconscious as she fell into a mindless sleep. Not what she had intended, but the pain had blurred into the background of her mind as the last thing she had fully processed was Robin checking to see if she were alright. Zoe Addams was not.

AUTHORS NOTE!
I told y'all chapters were going to come faster! I honestly love this chapter because I love the Neverending story song, it was probably one of the best parts of season 3! The closer this book comes to ending, the sadder I become ;'(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.6K 33
❝I'D FOLLOW YOU ANYWHERE.❞ ❝GOOD TO KNOW WE'RE ON THE SAME PAGE.❞ [robin buckley x oc] [social media au]
3.7K 54 22
Heyy! these are cute little oneshots I came up with because i'm a massive robin buckley simp lmao. These may contain spoilers for stranger things sea...
8.3K 176 4
[Eddie x Steve] [COMPLETED Content Warnings: Sexual Situations, Self H/rm, S/icide Mentions, Dr/g Use, Drinking. Season 4 Stranger Things Spoilers. P...
77K 1.7K 11
OUT OF MY LEAGUE--- "And you were out of my league All the things I believed You were just the right kind Yeah, you were more than just a dream You w...