Exit Only ✔︎

By softsloth

"Earth has been different for awhile, but I don't think we've ever had a beautiful, muscular alien dude falli... More

prologue
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|25|
|26|
|27|
epilogue
Book 2: Your Protector

|24|

108K 4.5K 1.6K
By softsloth

Posy

     Luckily, when we get back to the house, we have the chance to set my broken wrist. After all the shock, I felt so numb I didn't even notice until things calmed down.

     I could tell my alien man was upset about it, seeing my injury as he wrapped it up right.

     When we get home, I stay behind Torint as the other aliens stare at me. That's all they've done since they got here, they stare and they murmur. I do t like it. I feel like a zoo animal while I make dinner for these strangers. It's more food than I've ever made. Torint insists on staying at my back with his chest pressed into me, his hands on my hips while he chats with the other alien men in the kitchen.

     They've practically taken over my house, they take up so much space. They're all huge. One is even bigger than Torint, if that's even possible.

     He's a scary one. Big beard, buzzed head. I don't even want to be near him, let alone the rest of them.

     They're all in my house. I didn't agree to this, but I've stayed silent with my fears. Torint seems to trust them, care about them. But I'm afraid.

     More than anything, I'm scared they're going to take him away. What if he leaves with them? Leaves me behind?

     He must feel my sadness when I pause, because he immediately pulls me closer to him and buries his face in my hair.

     "Machi tukow pen, Posy." He murmurs, and even though I still can't know what he's saying, I relax a little bit.

     "Acho man tankli post?" One of the aliens asks, a grumble comes from Torint's chest before he answers. I casually look over at the group while I continue stirring the pot of finished soul.

     "Unme." My alien replies in a short, clipped tone. The gang of his friends look surprised, one stepping forward to talk to Torint.

     "Ashee manlack. Yu missa kenn dy pallo." He insists. Torint's fingers tighten on my hips when the alien pulls something out of his pocket. It's a slick, black container that he pops open. He reveals a little chip that blinks in the dim light.

     "Kenn dy pallo?" Torint asks, his voice sounding breathless, anticipating. The alien nods and walks closer to us.

     I look away, staring at the big thing of noodles as I stir it continuously with a grim face. I don't want to see the guy who might take away my big alien boyfriend. I can't stand it.

     Warm fingers tip my chin up, and I'm soon getting lost in a pair of deep mint blue eyes. Torint smiles down at me. His brilliant white teeth are mesmerizing.

     "Posy. Abachi tok." He informs me. I squint up at him. He rolls his eyes playfully before tapping my ear and then his chest, holding up the little chip for me to see.

     "Is that... is that a translator?" I ask. He nods, appearing more happy than I've seen him in awhile. I gulp. Is this actually happening?

     "For me?" I ask. He nods again. I put a hand to my rib cage as my breathing rate increases. "Well, what are you waiting for?" I ask quietly, well aware that we have an audience who are silently watching.

     Torint carefully lifts a lock of my hair from my right ear, adjusting it to where it's out of his way. He takes a deep breath. He's sobered a bit, glancing at my eyes for permission.

     I grab his wrist and nod, my confirmation.

     I feel the cold metal touch the inside of my ear, the sound of it moving and attaching. It stings a little, a little turns into a lot and I moan in pain. Torint looks angry, and concerned, turning and demanding something from his friend.

     "Yuko abid di, Yakin! Kenn dy pollo..." mid sentence, the pain stops and his words merge into something else. "hurting her! You never said she would be in pain! What have you done?"

     I'm shocked. I can actually understand him.

     "I'm sorry, Torint! She looks fine now." The alien says, gesturing to me with worried eyes.

     Torint whirls around, still appearing a bit angry. He holds my face in his hands. He seems to be abatulating my ear.

     "How long does it take to work?" He insists. His voice is so rugged. It's deep, raspy, much the same to when he would speak in his language."I want her to understand me as soon as possible, I have waited far too long and I.."

     "Torint." I interupt, he looks at me with furrowed brows, his thumb brushing the corner of my lips.

     "Yes, my sweet mate? Does it still pain you? I am sorry for Yatik's mistake. I did not know." He rambles, and I shake my head. His eyes grow wide. "Can you..? Can you understand me?"

     I nod, tears filling my eyes.

     "Yes. Yes. I can understand you!" I squeal, jumping into his arms and wrapping myself around him as he hauls me into his arms. My wrist twinges, but I ignore it. I wrap my legs around his waist and shower his cheeks in kisses.

     I'm so happy! I can finally understand everything he says. Torint holds me for a moment, tightly securing me to him as he pets the top of my head. He eases me back a bit so he can look at me, but still has me in his arms, his hands on my back, he grins over at Yatik.

     "Thank you." He tells him, but then he's looking back at me. "I am sorry it took this long, my Posy. I wish we could speak this whole time. It would've made many things easier."

      I palm him face in my hands.

     "It's alright, big guy. It's not your fault. I'm just happy we can talk now." I press my lips to his, kissing him for a few seconds. He growls, ending the connection. Did he not want to kiss me? I frown.

     "They are watching." Torint explains, gesturing to his friends with narrowed eyes. "And if you continue that, I will want to do much more than kissing, my mate." He whispers that last part, and I shiver.

     "What's a mate?" I ask him, and one of his friends laughs. I look over at him to see him shaking his head.

     "Do humans not have mates?" Torint demands, sounding and looking confused. I tilt my head in thought.

     "I mean, we have partners. Boyfriends, girlfriends. But when it gets serious we have marriage, or used to, before the world turned to crap." I muse.

     "Marriage?" Another alien asks, and I nod, feeling shy.

     "Uhm, yeah. It's when you bind yourself with someone else for your whole life. You have kids, a house, a life, all while you're together. In love." I explain, and Torint's chest rumbles in agreement.

     "We are married." He informs me, and my mouth drops open.

     "What was that?" I ask him, and he narrows his eyes at me, clenching his jaw.

     "You are my mate. I marked you, I mated with you several times, you could already carry my kit in your womb." Torint insists, and I feel my eyes widen as my fingers go up to brush the bite mark on my neck.

     So that's what that was. He claimed me, bound me to him. He thinks we're married. He won't let me argue. I should be mad, I didn't agree to that. Instead I feel relieved. He does want me after all.

     Then everything he said registers.

     "A kit?" He nods in response. "As in... a baby?"

     Yatik clears his throat. I look over at him with a confused look. Him and the rest of the beefy guys look happy, no, that's not the right word, elated. They look elated.

     "Offspring. I do not think I need to explain what happens when a male and female mate." Yatik says. I feel my stomach drop. "Humans and Raytarians are compatible. You can create life together."

     A baby. I could be carrying Torint's baby. My baby. I could be a mother. Tears run down my face. I can't contain the sob that jumps out of my mouth.

     My big alien has a panicked expression as he shushes me, trying to calm me down.

     "It's alright, my mate. It will be alright. Do you not wish to have kits?" He asks, and I shake my head.

     "I'm so happy, Torint. I... I never thought I'd be a mom. I never thought it was possible." I cry harder, burying my face in his neck.

     "Hush, sweet one." He rubs a hand up and down my back gently. "I will take you away from here, straight to Rytaria. We will have a family, and a den. You will be mine to care for. I will protect you and out kits."

     "Rytaria?" I ask through sniffles.

     "My home planet." He offers. I sober at the information.

     "We're leaving earth? You'll take me with you?" I ask, excited at the very idea of it. A whole new world. A whole new life. I can't even begin to imagine the possibilities.

     "Yes. Posy, there is something I need to tell you." Torint says, sounding serious. He wipes my tears away as I straighten in his hold.

     "Females are extinct where I come from. Your kind, your ability to bare us children, it is remarkable. We thought our kind would die out. When I found you... I was shocked."

     "So that's why you..."

     "Grabbed your teat, yes. I couldn't believe you were female. I am very sorry, my little Posy." He surmises, sounding embarrassed.

     It all makes sense now, why he's so protective, why he couldn't stop staring at me the first days we were together. I look over at the group of bystanders. The tall aliens continue to look at me.

     I turn to Torint.

     "Is that why they.."

     "Can't look away? Yes. They have never seen a female in person before you. Neither have I." He tells me. It's hard to believe. They're race was dying out. Humans are dying out. It all fits into place perfectly.

     "There aren't many men on earth. I mean, uh, males. A lot of them died during the war. It's perfect. There are a lot more female humans." I explain, and Torint nods.

     "That is our plan. We will take as many females as we can. My team has already sent a message to home about our miracle. They are sending more ships."

     He watches my face as it slowly dawns on me. This is really happening. Our world will be abandoned, we'll find a better life on a new planet. Torint patiently waits for my reply, watching my face with an anxious expression.

     "I've never been to space before." I tell him, smiling happily. "And neither has Weasley. We're taking him with us as well, aren't we?"

     Torint throws his head back as he booms with laughter.

     "Yes, my mate. We will take the cat with us if that is what you want. I can not deny you anything you desire." I like that, I like that a lot.

     "I love you." I tell him earnestly, and his face softens, his hand cupping my face.

     "You are everything to me, my mate. I love you."

     I kiss him hard, and he groans, pulling me closer. I can't stop myself from sliding my tongue along his bottom lip. I completely forget about the other people in the room, but I soon remember when someone clears their throat.

     It's the scary alien. The big one with a beard. He appears unamused, too stern.

     "Torint. You told us of females being held against their will. We leave to find them, tonight. We will not wait until backup arrives. The females need to be safe and secured." I agree wholeheartedly, feeling suddenly guilty for waiting this long.

     Those poor girls. They're probably terrified.

     "I agree. We leave now." Yatik says, they all look to Torint expectantly.

     He sighs before nodding once.

     "I will lead you there, but as soon as we find them, and rescue them, we are coming back here. No waisted time. I won't leave my mate for long." They all nod exuberantly. Torint turns to me. "And you, you will have all the doors locked. If you hear a noise, you go to the window to see if it is me, if it isn't, got to your nest and hide. Understand?" He asks.

     "Of course. I'll fix some more food for when you get back. They'll probably love a hot meal."

     They all agree, and before I know it, I'm kissing Torint goodbye as they file out of the back door, off to who knows where.

     I can only hope that they come back safe.

Two chapters, read on!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Solacium By Anna

Science Fiction

199K 11.1K 54
What do you do when a tall, unreasonably attractive alien crash lands in front of you? You shoot him of course. ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── It's been...
238K 9.5K 54
Highest Rank: #1 Alien 6-21-21 WARNING: This contains Xenophile (Alien / Human smut) If you don't find interest then that, this is not the place to b...
463K 2.5K 9
Exiled and left to die on a hostile alien planet for a crime she didnt commit, alita is saved by a alien native who wants nothing to do with her... O...
33.2K 1.4K 31
Twenty five years after the attack of alien spacecraft, Earth is no longer the same. Not for humans, let alone for me, who was born from a human and...