Elanore Enchantress

By OddHarlea

Macbeth Enchantress, right hand to Rowena Ravenclaw writes the spellbooks. Denying the request for dark magic... More

Elanore Miriam Enchantress
Slight Mishap
New York! New York!
Creatures Loose in the City
Finally Caught
Catching the Occamy
Sweet Goodbyes
Hello Jager

The Obscurus and the Criminal

6 0 0
By OddHarlea

     Newt, Elanore, Jacob, Tina, and Queenie stand on the rooftop of a building where they could see a black cloud going across the city causing chaos in its path. "Jeez..." Jacob breathes out. "Is that the Obscuria-thing?"

"That's more powerful than any Obscurial I have ever heard of.." Newt says watching. Newt gives his case to Elanore. "If I don't come back, look after the creatures,"

"Wait!" Elanore stops him. "What are you doing?" Newt looks at her then to the Obscurus.

"They're not killing it," he jumps from the roof and disapparates. Elanore's eyes well up with worry before she glares determined and gives the case to Tina. She pulls out her journal and hands that over as well.

"Newt can't do this alone. Everything that you need to know is in there," she follows Newt's lead. Elanore appears beside Newt chasing the black cloud.

"What are you doing?!" he shouts to her.

"Think I would allow you to do this alone?" he stops standing in front of her.

"This isn't an argument Pippet."

"I agree, now should we continue before losing the Obscurus," he looks at her with a slight glare before giving in and continue the chase. They stop once they see a face in the dark cloud and Graves below yelling to the boy inside.

"To survive so long, with this inside you, Credence, is a miracle. You are a miracle. Come with me...think of what we could achieve together," Elanore glares at Graves and his words to the boy he called Credence.

"Newt!" Tina shouts getting his and Elanore's attention.

"It's the Second Salem boy," Newt tells her. "He's the Obscurial."

"He's not a child."

"I know, but I saw him, his power must be so strong...he's somehow managed to survive. It's incredible..." the sound of a scream rings out. "Newt! Save him." Tina runs to Graves. Newt looks to Elanore before they disapparate. They follow the poor boy trapped within the black cloud of destruction.

"Credence! Credence!" Newt shouts to him.

"Credence," Elanore joins in a loud, yet calming voice. "We can help you." The Obscurus suddenly dives for Elanore. Newt grabs her and disapparates with her quickly. They continue to chase it along the rooftops dodging and blocking the many Auroras. Newt gets them to the top of a skyscraper where they see the cloud shrink until it filled the corner. He runs into the subway, both of them then disapparate into the subway. Newt steps first as they follow the sounds of heavy breathing and the obscurus creeping on the ceiling. They see the obscurus along the shadows of the tunnel. Elanore steps forward some before being pulled back by Newt behind the pillar.

"Credence...It's Credence isn't it?" Newt starts to speak softly. "Credence, we aren't here to hurt you." Newt first steps on the train tracks to see the black shadow of the obscurus. Elanore slowly steps up to get closer to him.

"Credence..." she starts in a soft gentle voice. "Credence we've met someone like you. A girl...a little girl who'd been imprisoned. She was locked away and punished for her magic," The black smoke slowly goes down forming Credence who was curled up in fear. Elanore leans down to be at level with the fearful boy. Newt does the same as they didn't want to make him more fearful than he already was. "Credence...can I come over to you?" he looks to her as she gives him a gentle, soft look. Newt stands behind her and he is suddenly hit with something. Elanore gasps, and looks at him. "Newt?!" she looks down towards the tunnel. She sees Graves marching out coming for them. She growls standing with her wand as Credence runs further down the tracks. She starts to pull it back to cast a spell when he fires at her. She gets hit and falls back her head hitting the wooden planks. She felt the pain shoot up through the back of her head as she grits her teeth in pain.

"Pippet!" Newt tries crawling to her but Graves stops him by firing at him more. He rolls out of the way, avoiding getting hit. He moves being against a wall as Graves fires at him once more. Newt tries firing back but it is deflected. He gets Elanore up and away from the tracks. She gasps hearing a train, she looks down where Credence was. She watches as his body is suddenly flung to the side. Looking back she saw it was Graves that had done this. Newt continue to deflect the spells fired at him by Graves as he stands in front of Credence and Elanore.

"Newt-"

"Stay back!" he yells at her continuing to shield them. She looks up at Graves as he got closer and closer. Suddenly the tracks are lifted from their hold making Newt fall to the ground and electricity shot up at him. Graves bends the electricity zapping Newt. Newt flinches from some of the waves of electricity coursing through him. He tries deflecting it. Elanore watches before looking back to Credence.

"Stay right here," she says before going to Newt's side. "Stop it!" she shouts firing at Graves. Graves is hit sending his wand arm back and causing him to stop for a moment. He looks at Elanore as she glares at him determinedly. Newt looks between them as Graves sends his wand back.

"Pippet no!" he shouts as Graves turns his attacks on her. She deflects them with all her power, sending them back at him. Rocks came up around her, flying right for her. She manages to send them all away, also making a shield around Credence. Graves and Elanore share a glance as they send another spell this time their wands meeting in the middle as they struggle to get the upper hand. Elanore's purple sparks were starting to overpower his green. He then grunts as soon Elanore was fading in energy and her purple was getting smaller and smaller. Til he flings out his wand and sends Elanore flying back, slamming into the brick wall. She grunts out in pain as she hits the ground. Graves smirks at her.

"Indeed, you are powerful my dear...just not powerful enough..." she glares at him with blood coming down her lip. Newt growls trying to fight back. Graves attention quickly turns back to Newt as he continue zapping him. Elanore tries to move but felt like her weak body couldn't move. She looks over hearing Credence whimper and slowly turning into the black cloud. Graves suddenly stops as the large cloud envelopes the ceiling above them. Newt and Elanore watch the cloud only grow. Graves falling to his knees as he stares up at the obscurus.

"Credence..." he mutters before the cloud darts for him. Graves quickly disapparates followed by Newt and Elanore. A mad chase starts again as it darts down the tunnel. Elanore and Newt land nearby. Elanore yelps out as she falls to the ground once more, clutching her leg. Newt leans down helping her to stand. He looks behind seeing the obscurus getting closer. He quickly apparates them to the side for safety. He held onto Elanore as they land on the ground seeing the obscurus dart by clearly going after Graves. Newt helps Elanore stand against the wall as it changes paths going the other way. He looks to her, catching his breath.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah..." she grinds her teeth together. "Just my leg. I'll be fine." They hear more happening down the tunnel and go after it with Newt helping Elanore to chase the thing. They see the tunnel go disarray as they quickly move before being hit once more. The obscurus shoots out of the tunnel before coming in at full speed sending stone and bricks everywhere. Newt and Elanore quickly jump out of the way, landing on the train tracks next to Graves. Elanore yells out as her hurt leg hits the metal bars. Newt looks to her in worried before looking up at Credence's screaming face coming for them. He pulls out his wand at first lowering his head thinking they would be hit. Just then Tina appears running down the tunnel.

"Credence, no!" she shouts making him stop. He settles back as a large black cloud mass seeming to look at her. "Don't do this. Please..." Newt looks up noticing him calm down.

"Keep talking Tina," he says to her. "Keep talking to him, he'll listen to you. He's listening." Elanore watches (as well as Graves) while clutching her hurt leg. Tina looks at the obscurus getting smaller as she continues.

"I know what that woman did to you," Credence appears in the black mass looking like he was on the verge of tears. "I know that you suffered," Tina had tears welling in her eyes. "You need to stop this now. Newt, Elanore, and I will protect you. This man," she glances to Graves. "He's using you."

"Don't listen to her Credence." Graves jumps in. Credence looks at him. "I want you to be free," he seemed to be getting angrier listening to Graves. "It's alright," Newt slowly stands as Tina walks closer behind them. Elanore stands slowly limping on her leg with Graves standing right behind them.

"That's it..." Tina says softly. The obscurus begins to shrink. Elanore starts to smile before hurrying footsteps came down the subway steps. She looks seeing MACUSA coming from the stairs and down the tracks. Credence roars out as the cloud once again grows. Tina turns to them. "Shh...Don't! You'll frighten him!"

"Wands down!" Graves commands. "Anyone harms him, you answer to me." Elanore looks as the cloud was swelling more. Her eyes brim with tears as she thought of the little girl they lost. She reaches out to communicate with him, holding onto that last chance to try and save him.

"Credence..." she whispers. She is followed by Tina and Graves. MACUSA start firing at him rapidly with no sign of stopping.

"No!" Tina and Graves scream. Elanore felt his pain as she was connected to him.

"STOP!!!" she screams as she felt the pain they were doing to him. "STOP NOW!" she shouts. Credence cries out in anguish as the light fired at him started to tear him apart. He faded away, until there was no more of him. Elanore struggles to catch her breath as she was on the verge of crying. Newt crawls to her, putting a hand to her shoulder.

"Pippet..." she looks at him. Her eyes red and cheeks wet with her tears. Graves stands among this as black flakes of what was left fall and disappear.

"Credence...." he calls out sounding hurt. Elanore turns her attention to him. "You fools." he turns to the MACUSA agents. "Do you realize what you've done?"

"The obscurial was killed on my order, Mr. Graves," the president says.

"Yes," he replies to her. "And history will surely note that Madame President." Newt and Tina stand while helping Elanore to stand as well. Elanore kept her eyes glued onto Mr. Graves. "What was done here tonight was not right."

"He was responsible for the death of a No-Maj. He risked the exposure of our community. He has broken one of our most sacred laws!"

"A law," Graves quickly shoots back at her. "That has us scuttling around like rats in the gutter," Elanore frowns as she hears him say this. Newt looks at her as they too had the same suspicion. "A law that demands we conceal our true nature. A law that directs those under its dominion to cower in fear, lest we risk discovery. I ask you, Madame President," she looks to him. "I ask all of you...Who does this law protect? Us? Or them?" he points up indicating to muggles above the subway. Everyone stares at him, Elanore now glaring at this point as she grips her wand at the ready. "I refuse to bow down any longer," he starts to walk away.

"Aurors," Madame President speaks up. "I'd like you to relieve Mr. Graves of his wand and escort him back..." he is then stopped by a magical shield blocking the exit. He stares at it before turning back to them. He walks back immediately firing away at them. He deflects all their attacks like it was nothing to him. At this moment, Elanore pulls away from Newt and Tina slowly starting to raise her own wand. He stares sending the spells back at them and knocking down MACUSA agents. His glare was focused on Madame President, the fear becoming relevant in her eyes. Newt sends out Swooping Evil that wraps around Graves and traps him in a tight embrace. He falls to his knees.

"Accio!" Tina shouts catching his wand as it comes to her. Elanore finally stands, limping her way to Graves. He looks at her as the two lock eyes. Elanore points her wand at him with Newt and Tina following behind her.

"Revelio..." she mutters. His black hair starts to turn white. His face slowly fading into an older looking one. His eyes going from the dark color they were to one becoming milky white. He has a devious smirk as Madame President approaches the new figure.

"Do you think you can hold me?" he whispers with a dark, british tone. Elanore clenches her jaw seeing him, as his milky white eye looks to her.

"We'll do our best, Mr. Grindelwald," he smirks as two MACUSA men come and lift him up to his feet. They stop at the exit of the tunnel where Newt and Elanore were standing. He looks right at them, eyes seemingly focused on Newt. They look at him, Elanore with a cold, hard glare.

"Will we die just a little?" he says to them. His eyes meet Elanore's and he smiles again. "We will meet again, my dear." The MACUSA men then carry him away. Elanore felt the cold shiver down her spine as she looks down. Newt looks to her and wraps an arm around her shoulders. The scene shifts with everything calming down. Jacob and Queenie walk in. Tina walks over hugging Queenie as Jacob looks to Newt and Elanore.

"Somebody ought a keep an eye on this thing," he says with the case in hand. Elanore smiles with a small laugh. Newt takes the case from Jacob.

"Thank you..." he says to Jacob. Madame President then comes forward.

"We owe you an apology Mr. Scamander...Miss Enchantress." she moves past them. "But, now the magical community is exposed. We cannot obliviate an entire city." Newt looks up watching something. As Elanore follows his gaze she saw one small piece of the obscurus slowly floating away.

"Actually..." Newt says. "I think we can." They all look to him.

"How?" Madame President asks. Newt looks to Elanore. Elanore seems to read his mind as she smiles slowly. He sets the case down and opens it up. He looks in and whistles.

"Frank...come on boy." he calls. He and Elanore step back. There is a moment of silence before Frank comes flying out of the case. Everyone stares in awe at the Thunderbird as he slowly lands in front of them. Newt walks up to him. "I was attending to wait until we got to Arizona. But, now it seems you are already home Frank." Newt looks upset at this. Frank bends down his head showing he was upset as well. Newt gently guides his hand under Franks beak and pets him. Frank nudges his head cawing softly to Newt as they share this sweet moment. "I'll miss you too.." he whispers. Elanore smiles before looking down. Frank them stands straight and tall still having his eyes focused on Newt. Elanore steps forward handing the vile of blue liquid he had squeezed out of Swooping Evil earlier. Frank looks at it then at them. "You know what you got to do." Newt tosses it up and Frank catches it in his beak. Everyone then watches as Frank flies above the city. Storm clouds appear, lightning striking magnificently. Just as rain begins to pour down. The rain pours down on all the muggles wiping away the memories of the obscurial attacks and anything of magic. MACUSA agents went around repairing the city, changing newspapers, and all this while Frank soared above. He zigzagged between the building cawing out joyously. Newt and Elanore smile seeing how happy he was.

Madame President then looks at them. They all look down as they knew what had to happen next. Jacob had to be obliviated. This hurt Queenie more than the others. There was a fight about it, but they had no choice. They slowly start walking out of the Subway all distraught about this. Jacob turns to them while still under protection from the rain. "Hey..." he starts to say. "This is for the best. Yeah..I...I was never supposed to be here. I was never supposed to know. I was never supposed to be here for any of this." Jacob tears up along with everyone else. "Everybody knows you only kept me around because..." Newt looks up at him. "Hey, Newt...why did you keep me around?"

"Because I like you," Newt says trying to keep the sadness back. "Because, you're my friend," Elanore smiles behind him. "And I'll never forget how you helped me."

"How you helped us," Elanore says as Jacob was about to begin crying. "You're a great friend Jacob."

"O-oh..." he says sniffing back the tears that were beginning to leak out. Queenie steps up to be in front of him.

"I'll come with you." she says. She smiles widely forcing back her sadness. They share a small laugh as Jacob looks down for a moment. "We'll go somewhere...anywhere!" Jacob smiles and looks back at her. "See...I don't think I'll ever find anyone like you," Jacob looks in her eyes before looking down.

"Nah...there are tons like me."

"No...no...." Queenie whispers. "There's only you." Jacob smiles as he couldn't fight back the tears anymore.

"I gotta go..." he quickly turns his back wiping away tears that were slipping. Tina, Newt, and Elanore begin marching up to be beside Queenie.

"Jacob..." Newt begins.

"It's ok, it's ok..." Jacob stops him, looking back at Newt. He takes a few moment pushing away any tears that might want to come out again. "It's just like waking up right?" They look at him Queenie almost pleading him not to go. He slowly steps back in the rain all watching as the drops hit his face. He closes his eyes looking to the sky as the rain washes away the memory of magic slowly. Queenie steps out conjuring an umbrella. She walks to Jacob, caressing his face softly. He moves his head back down, eyes still closed, as Queenie runs her thumb over his lips. She then leans in kissing him ever so softly. Queenie steps back as Jacob still had his arms out like he was holding her. They quickly disapparate before he has a chance to open his eyes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12 0 12
The untold story of the fifth founder of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Travel back over a century and join Godric Gryffindor, Salazar S...
96.1K 1.8K 17
'Vero Verto!' Nothing happened. "Ah Merlin! Why aren't I getting it?" Hermione cursed. She was about to slam her Transfiguration book shut, when sh...
44.5K 930 33
Newt Scamander| I DO NOT OWN FANTASTIC BEASTS ALL RIGHTS BELONG TO ORIGNIAL CREATOR| Evangeline lost her mother when she was 14. Her mother was kille...
3.3K 44 27
Heidi Ravenclaw - yes, like Rowena Ravenclaw, the famous telekinetic witch and Hogwarts founder - has been obsessed with magical creatures ever since...