The Boy Who Cried Beast | ✓

By 1fandombookgirl

As Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack, Everette Blackwood is required to find her mate. She's not too sold on the i... More

Copyright & Description
Character Aesthetic
Chapter 1: Silver Berry
Chapter 2: Dudes In Dresses
Chapter 3: The Ritual
Chapter 4: Sweet Jesus
Chapter 5: Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice
Chapter 6: Put A Ring On It
Chapter 7: Centuries ago...
Chapter 8: Mom's Weird
Chapter 9: Cherry On This Hunk Of A Sundae
Chapter 10: I, Callum Cain, Reject...
Chapter 11: My Idiot
Chapter 12: Frilly Pink Apron
Chapter 13: A Case of OSD
Chapter 14: If I Was A Man
Chapter 15: Men Crying
Chapter 17: He Punched The Wall
Chapter 18: Cliche 'Bad Boy'
Chapter 19: Green-Eyed Monster
Chapter 20: Hypersthene
Chapter 21: Broken Bones
Chapter 22: No Cuddling
Chapter 23: Jesus, Take The Wheel
Chapter 24: The 'L' Word
Chapter 25: Written In Permanent Sharpie
Chapter 26: Those 'Evil Shits'
Chapter 27: Lover Boy
Chapter 28: War Is Brewing
Chapter 29: Houston, We Have A Problem
Chapter 30: What Did I Miss?
Chapter 31: Fido and His Brothers
Chapter 32: Ice-cream On A Hot Summer Day
Chapter 33: Don't Flatter Yourself
Chapter 34: Holy Mother of The Moon
Chapter 35: Wicked & Wise
Chapter 36: Pinky Promise
Chapter 37: Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 38: Death Was Reserved
Chapter 39: Katniss Everdeen
Chapter 40: Petrichor
Chapter 41: True Alpha
Chapter 42: Doodle Me In
Chapter 43: Máni
Epilogue
Alpha Aiden's Protection Program
BONUS CHAPTER: I'm Your Dork

Chapter 16: Rip My Heart Out

23.6K 920 586
By 1fandombookgirl

Chapter 16

~ 1 week later ~

"Thor, I swear to the Moon Goddess, if you don't give me that, I'm going to Alpha command the entire pack to call you Loki!" I yelled at my little brother as we ran around the kitchen counter of the packhouse like cat and mouse.

Why you may ask?

Well, someone...mom... decided it was a good idea to pull out the good old photo albums.

Not.

And what did my little brat of a brother find?

That's right, not just one, but several embarrassing images of me.

If we had a daily newspaper around this part of the woods, tomorrow headlines would read, 'Local boy age 14 murdered by his sister over pictures'.

It actually had some appeal to it honestly. 

After Callum met Thor at the gathering last week, it's been a constant list of embarrassment, courtesy my younger brother. 

"All bark sister, but we both know you're not going to do that." He chastised. 

Teenagers. I loathed them. But I guess at nineteen I am still a teen...

I lifted my eyebrow and nodded, "You may be right, but I will lock you in the Crypt again. That you can be sure of."

He gave me a wary look as he stopped on one side of the counter. Thor seemed as if he mulling over what I was saying before sighing in defeat, "Fine. You take the fun out of everything."

Begrudgingly he threw my photos on the kitchen counter and I immediately gathered each one in my hands and counted to them to be sure he didn't have any hidden.

And right on time too as I heard the front door of the packhouse open and I smelt my fresh sage and juniper berry scented mate. He like my own personal scented candle whenever he was around. 

Since the day after the meeting, I kept insisting on taking him to get new clothing but between trying to get him acquainted with training, rogue attacks, my grandma Anne waiting for a baby announcement and Cal fighting me against taking him shopping, he had ended up borrowing clothes from Max.

That was until Max started charging me a fee since his closet was running low and I opted to send Callum with Max since they seemed to be getting along.

But mostly since Callum refused I go with him since I thought I was going to get him dresses and bows. 

Quickly shoving the images into my back pocket, Thor came to my side as a mysterious smirk took over his mischievous face. 

I swear this kid was more Loki than Thor. 

"Why are you smiling dork." I elbowed his arm since he was a couple of inches shorter than me despite being thirteen. The boy grew fast.

"Nothing." He shrugged nonchalantly. 

'I swear if you pull any shi-'

"Quiet, else I'll tell Callum over here just how much you like to threaten your baby brother." He grinned as Cal and Max stood in the archway of the kitchen.

'Then you better shut your trap before I shove a pacifier-'

"Tsk. Bad Alpha." He flicked my ear and this kid was so going to be locked in the Crypt.

Callum gave me a questioning glance as Max cleared his throat. 

"Should I inform Luna Emery that you two are at it again?" Max asked with a smirk. 

"Not unless you want me to tell Char what you got her for her birthday." I grinned. 

He cut me a glare, "You promised you wouldn't say anything."

"I promise a lot of things."

"You fight dirty."

"That's how you win Maxy."

"Some thank you for bringing your mate back in one piece." He grumbled before his eyes glinted in amusement. The same amusement Thor held when he was about to be mischievous, "I should have just left him to escape when he wanted to. Ouch, what the heck!"

And that was Callum punching Max's arm, "Say that again and I'll hit you harder before Ev does because I don't want to be her chew toy."

Escape? I felt a strong pain in my chest but brushed it aside as I glared at Callum. 

"You don't?" Max grinned and I wanted nothing more than to bang the two dimwits' heads together before chaining Callum to my attic.

But before I could say a word, Thor walked over and saddled up to Callum. 

"I have something you're going to love to see." Thor snickered as he whipped out his phone from his back pocket. 

"Ohh! I want to see." Quirked Max and I really wanted to see my foot shoved up-

"Is that Everette?" Callum asked and I felt my soul leave my body.

He didn't.

But the gleam in Thor's eyes told me that he indeed had. 

'You're so dead.'  I mind linked him as I pounced forward for the phone but Max shoot out and grabbed the phone. 

"This is way too hilarious." He laughed as he held the phone above my head for Callum to see. 

And to my absolute embarrassment, it was one of me at maybe two years old and a baby rattle. All smiles. Until Max swiped to the next image of me hitting myself with it on the head and a dazed look on my baby face. The one after that was a two-year-old Everette bawling her eyes out.

Much like I suspect Thor will be looking like when I was done with him. 

Callum's eyes flashed to my own with amusement, not mocking, but something else. Something deeper that I couldn't decipher. And I felt my heart rate pick up but then I remembered what Max had said about the whole 'trying to escape' thing and I felt the ice in my eyes as I glared at Callum.

He immediately noticed the change as his face twisted with confusion and worry. I wanted to ask him why he took so long to try to run away again but I felt like I would yell.

And yelling that out wouldn't be good since the pack had started to warm up to him.

Couldn't blame them though, he was a charismatic one. 

Snapping out of it, I grabbed Max's arm and easily it behind his back so that phone fell out of his grasp and tumbled to the floor and butt naked baby Ev shined on the screen. 

FML.

Thor reached out to snatch it but Callum grabbed it out of the floor and fidgeted with it as I released Max who was yelping in pain. I released him as I held my hand out to Callum.

With a smirk, he handed over the phone and I glared daggers at him, "Say one word and I'll lock you in the Crypt with Thor and Max."

"Consider my lips sealed." He chuckled as he raised his arms in surrender. 

From my peripheral version, I saw Max immediately blanched and escaped the room as if I was in wolf form and nipping at his heels.

Which I honestly would have been doing if we weren't in the house. 

Ignoring him as I planned to get him back through Charlotte, I scrolled the phone and realized all the images were deleted. 

I blinked at the device in confusion before my eyes peered up Callum who remained quite as he gave me a small smile. 

It didn't quite reach his eyes, but it reached my heart. 

"You deleted it?" I stupidly asked.

He shot me a wink as Thor snatched the phone out of my hand.

"You can thank me later for that entertainment Callum. I'll be glued to mom's side Everette, so don't bother coming after me!" He yelled back as he dashed out of the door faster than Max ran up the staircase. 

"I'm so going to steal that kid's ps4," I grumbled as I started for the door but Callum's hand shot out and grabbed my arm. 

"Leave him," He said and as I opened my mouth to argue, he cut me off, "help me carry these bags upstairs will you?"

I peered around him and only then noticed the plethora of shopping bags that piled up at the door. 

"I think you shopped more than Charlotte did when I took her out for her sixteenth birthday and that's saying a lot." 

He chuckled, "Well considering I own nothing and need clothes for everyday life around here, I decided to get some of everything."

I quirked my eyebrow, "It was Max wasn't it?"

He sighed in relief and smiled, "It was. The guy took an hour deciding on which color t-shirt brought out my eyes."

I couldn't help the small that crept on my face, "Should I be worried?"

"Why? Are you jealous?"

I snorted, "Pluhh-ease." 

"Mhm, whatever you say, Princess. Just don't get upset when I tell you about the ladies that were checking out my butt in my new jeans."

My eyes snapped to his as an indescribable fury I'd never felt before zinged through me, "What ladies?"

"You know, the cute ones." He shrugged. 

Like a madwoman possessed by the green monster, I suddenly had Callum backed up against the wall as I trapped his between my arms.

"What cute ones?" I bit out.

He smirked as my hand grabbed onto his shoulder and my body pressed against his incredibly warm one. "I like it when you get all handsy."

"What ladies Callum?" 

He shook with laughter, "Do you actually think someone would stare at me knowing that I'm your mate? You've got to give your pack more credit Ev."

I blinked back at him as his words settled, "No one stared at you?"

"No one." He confirmed and I felt embarrassed by my sudden outburst. 

And as my brain was still playing catch up, my mouth worked on its own accord, "Good, because only I get to stare at your butt."

He did have a nice ass... would look great in a tailored suit. 

When he hadn't responded, I realized what I'd just said.

Fudge nuggets. 

A shit-eating grin was plastered on his face, "You like to stare at my butt huh?"

I immediately retreated but he grabbed both my wrists with his hands and pulled them to his chest.

"What? No. Nuh-uh, that's so not what I said."

Deny. Deny. Deny. 

The motto of my life right now.

"But you did." His emerald eyes sparkled.

I forced a glare out of me before I got sucked into those piercing jewels. Yanking my wrists away from him, I took a step back from his intoxicating scent.

Shaking some of the lust from my mind, I headed towards the bags, "Let's just get these out of the way before one of my pack members break their neck trying to get over this mountain."

As I grabbed half of the load, I turned to see his eyes assessing me, but he said nothing more as he gathered the bags and followed me up.

Honestly, I wished he was walking before me so I could admire that gluteus Maximus he had. But a girl had to keep her pride intact.  

I immediately headed for the guest room that Cal was occupying since he got here. It's only been a week so the whole sharing a bedroom thing was out of the question.

But I still checked on him during the night.

Not because I was worried he was going to jump through the window, well now I wasn't too sure, but mainly because I had this innate need in me to be near him and ensure he was alright.

I laid the bag on the floor near his closet and he followed me in and did the same. Without knowing how to not yell at him about his attempted escape and finding out exactly what happened, I slide open the closet door before I started to empty the bags. 

But I could empty his t-shirts out to have him hang them on racks, his large warms palms stopped my hands. 

I lifted my head as I peered up at him through my eyelashes.

"Tell me what's wrong."

"How do you know something's wrong?" I asked but I already knew the answer. I could tell when something was wrong with him too. 

It's the weird mate mojo that had us connected. 

"Because you're upset with me, which you haven't been all week." He pulled on my arms until I was raised to my full height. 

He was right though, this past week has been the best thing of my life. Being near him, hearing his jokes and cheesy lines and just learning about him sparked something inside me that I knew was far beyond our mate bond.

If that was even possible. 

"You tried to run," I said with hesitation and question. 

His eyebrows knitted in confusion for a split second before clarity washed over him. 

"You don't seem surprised." He answered and I wasn't expecting that.

"Should I be?" I questioned with raised eyebrows.

"You still don't trust me?" But he said it with more factuality than a question. 

"Do you trust me?" I countered. 

The deafening silence from him as he released my hands was answer enough. 

"Exactly." I pointed out.

My eyes focused on him as I could tell he wanted to say something but he kept his silence as the muscle in his jaw ticked. 

Disappointment etched in me as I realized he wasn't going to say anything else. 

"We have training in an hour," I muttered before walking around him and heading towards the door. 

Without warning, his arm wrapped around my waist before he spun me around had me pressed against the door.

The tables have turned.

I felt the heat of his body wash through my own, the beat of his heart pulsed sparks into my own and the defined, hard countors of his body pressed against every inch of my feminine frame. 

If heaven was on earth, this was definitely where it was at. 

Pressed up against the door by this pure male specimen. 

He leaned his head against my own as his eyes closed and his hands cupped my cheeks. I thought he was going to kiss me again since we hadn't done any of that since the day he created fire in the woods.

And fire in my blood.

And as much as I hated to admit it, I craved the feel of his mouth against my own.

Unfourtunelty seems like he wasn't going to fulfill my wishes again as he just stood there as his thumb caressed my cheeks as if I was made of glass and his warm breath blew across my face. 

I admit, even though there was no kissing involved, the intimacy of just standing there in his arms was truly magnificent. 

A feeling I never wanted to let go of. 

"I didn't run off." He pulled me out of my hazy state as his eyes opened as revealed the specks that turned lighter when he had created the inferno. 

"Then why did Max say that you did?" 

"Because I did walk away from him, but in my defense, he was staring at a pair of shoes for twenty minutes and I wanted to stab something." 

"You sound violent," I noted. 

"It was a pair of plain white sneakers. Plain. White. Sneakers." He emphasized.

"Guess we know why the Moon Goddes paired him with Charlotte." I smiled and his eyes zeroed in on my lips. 

"I didn't run. I only left him so that I could get you something." He confessed. 

My heart did a few somersaults at what he said. 

"You got me something?" I asked in astonishment. 

"Though it's probably ruined now." He said grimly as he hesitantly backed off me and I wanted to tackle him just to be embraced by his warmth again.

He was like one of those weighted blankets. Except walking and talking. Cal grabbed something from the pile of bags and it was only then that I noticed the pink bad with a cupcake on it.

My eyes widened as I looked from his weary eyes to the bag in his hand to his eyes again. 

"I'm sure it's melted but I got you cookie dough." 

Oh, sweet baby Jesus, I needed a ring to propose to this man. 

"You bought me ice-cream..." I said frozen in shock.

"Might want to pick your jaw off the floor princess." He chuckled. 

My eyes narrowed at him as I closed my mouth. But holy, he bought me ice-cream! For some reason, I still couldn't get my mind wrapped around that.

He stood before me, toe to toe, as he slushed the container around, "I think you may have to grab a glass since its liquid."

When I didn't respond, he gave me a curious glance. 

"You're silent, that's never a good thing."

Snapping out of it, I yacked him on the arm. "You confuse me, Callum Cain."

"Got to keep the mystery alive princess." One of those rare smiles of his graced us with its presence.

"Did I miss getting to see you in a pink apron?" I smirked as I took the ice-cream from his hands. 

I saw the humor in his eyes as he pursed his lips, "Luckily Ari spared me."

"Hmm, what I shame. I pay good money to see that again."

I pressed a hand to his chest, "I'm offended that you compare me to a stripper."

Rolling my eyes I lied, "Definitely wouldn't pay to see those goods."

"I find that hard to believe-"

"I-"

"After all, you do appreciate my butt." He grinned.

Totally ruined the mood. 

"You keep thinking that, I'm going to get this in the freezer." I stepped away from his as amusement was still plastered to his face. 

As I opened I looked back to see him staring at me.

"I'll be in my office, don't forget we have training in an hour."

"Ready to swoon over me again?" He smirked. 

"Just be ready." I groaned as I heard him chuckle.

As I shut the door behind me I stared at the ice-cream and squealed on the inside. 

He really was something else and I couldn't begin to figure him out. But sometimes I was worried.

Sure the mate bond is what makes us soul mates and why we're paired, but I wanted something that wasn't based on a connection we were born with. I wanted something deeper, on a cellular level. Something far beyond the reach of our mate bond that told us that what we felt for each other wasn't just something the Moon Goddess created.

I knew I was beginning to feel it.

But would Callum?

Or was his actions driven by the invisible thread between us?

Shaking that thought out of my head, since it has only been a week, I dragged my butt away from his room and into my office to get some work done.

The past week we've spent so much time together from meeting the pack, to a tour of the territory and even normal things like making dinner and watching movies. We even spent some time with my grandparents, siblings, his mother's family, and my Beta and Gamma and their respective mates. 

Seems mundane, but it felt natural. And I seriously loved the feeling when I catch him staring at me randomly while I was having a conversation or trying to focus on pack duties. He didn't shy away from it either, he'd just wink and smirk. 

And my heart would flutter like a hummingbird. 

But that time also meant I was way behind on paperwork. Not to mention the issue with rogues. 

For the past few years, the problem has been immense. Consistently increasing as the rogue attacks increased. But after we took out the ones the day Callum ran off, we haven't seen any.

It was complete radio silence and that didn't sit right with me.

Something was definitely up with those rogues and I had to get five steps ahead before their retaliation struck.

~~~ 

"Have I ever told you how much I love those pants." I heard Callum's voice behind as I almost choked on my ice-cream. 

I had just gotten changed into my training gear before I was driven by temptation as grabbed my cold goodness in the kitchen. So with my yoga pants and sports bra, I was standing at the kitchen counter, facing away from the door as I guzzled cookie dough bits.

Swiftly turning around, I met Callum's assessing eyes. 

"Did you just-"

"Compliment you? Strange I know." He chuckled before grabbing a box of water. 

I knowingly smirked, "Who's the starer of butts now?"

His eyes flickered at my legs as I felt a blush creep across my cheeks. 

"You're playing unfairly by wearing those pants every time we go to the field." He groaned. 

I bit my lip to keep my grin at bay. 

Admittedly, I usually wear some normal gym shorts and a t-shirt since I shifted to my wolf when I'm training but since I've had Callum on the field I trained him in combat so I changed my attire.

First, it was because this outfit was more practical but after he couldn't peel his eyes away from me the first day, I decided it was my new 'go-to' training attire. 

Though it made me constantly fluster everytime Callum looked at me and gave me those dreamy eyes. 

"Not my fault you can't stop staring." I shrugged indifferently. 

Totally my fault.

"Even if I could, I wouldn't." He muttered quietly. 

Not knowing what to say to that, I closed my ice-cream and stuffed it back into the freezer before tossing the keys to an off-road Tacoma at Callum since I've been letting him drive.

It seemed like he deserved some control over his life after I led him here.

After settling into the large vehicle, I shifted in my seat as I turned to him. 

"Thank you," I said as I eyed up his muscular arms. 

"For the ice-cream?" He asked with slight confusion. "You like ice-cream and the store was right there." He shrugged as if it was not a big deal, but it was too me.

"The ice-cream and for being here. Giving this a chance and not running off again."

He turned to me with a smirk, "Told you I wasn't going anywhere again. The lack of faith hurts."

"Seriously though, thank you. For not turning your back on me when I basically kidnapped you." I admitted.

His eyes sparkled as he glanced at me before turning back to the road, "You may have led me here Everette but I wouldn't change anything about it if I could go back in time."

"You mean that?" I asked unsurely. 

He removed one of his hands from the steering wheel as he placed it palm up on the center console. Without hesitation, I placed my hand in his as he entwined our fingers. 

"I do princess."

I could help the satisfied smile that appeared on my face after.

By the time we made it to the training, Callum and I had bickered so much that I was ready to kick his ass.

The same ass I admired. 

"Ready to get your ass kicked again?" I grinned up at him as we entered the field. 

His eyes narrowed on me, "Please, I've only been going easy on you."

"I think it's the other way around buddy."

Which was true, Cal was strong and a good fighter but being an Alpha had its perks.

"Maybe today I'll show you just how good I actually am."

"Well, you can definitely try," I smirked as we began stretching near the edge of the forest which was a bit distanced from the rest of the training field and fighting wolves. 

I saw the determination in his eyes and I knew he was going to definitely try harder today. 

The first day out here he went easy on me, I could tell from the way he held back.

But when he realized I was handing his ass to him, he stepped up his game stoped with his whole masculine 'I don't want to hurt you' bit. 

I may or not have been going easy on him since though.

Today will be no exception, especially since he openly complimented my pants. 

Grinning on the inside, I almost talked myself out of it, but oh what the hell.

I bent over to stretch, directly in front of Cal, as I gave him a good view. As I felt the material stretch around my rear, I heard a groan from him and I bit back my laughter.

This was more fun than I thought. 

I continued my stretches until I heard, "As much as I'm loving the view princess, you're going to turn me into a walking har-"

I immediately spun around and slapped my palm over his mouth with wide eyes. 

Of course, my eyes had to travel south to his gym pants. And of course, he was oh so right. 

When my eyes flicked back up to his, they were sparkling with humor. 

"Field filled with wolves that can hear you breathe," I said exasperated as I felt him laugh beneath my palm. 

I pulled my hand away as he continued to laugh, "Hey, don't blame me for your little show."

I huffed from embarrassment, "I wasn't putting on a show."

"Uh-huh, whatever you say, princess." He grinned broadly, "But we may have a big issue."

He looked down at his tent before I could stupidly ask what and flushed. 

"Seems like more of a 'you' problem." I shrugged as I tried to remain indifferent to the situation but wanted nothing more than to crawl in a dark hole and die.

"You're right." He said, "You do fight dirty."

Then the dingus did the one thing I didn't expect him to do. He put on a show of his own by pulling off his t-shirt.

My jaw unhinged as he stripped the shirt off him and dropped it to the floor.

Was I drooling? Maybe.

Did I want to run my fingers down those rock hard abs? Quite possibly.

To make matters worse... or better, it was quite up for debate, he leaned into me as his scent washed through me, his heat transferred to my skin and his breath fanned my ear.

"But I fighter dirtier." He whispered and I wanted to smack him.

But his abs was like some kind of voodoo spell that had me under its spell.

Great Gods of abs everywhere, why'd you have to bless this idiot with this gift?

Without warning, he spun me around so that my back was to his front, one of his hands held both my wrists behind my back and his other hand firmly grasped my waist. 

Those abs really did a number on me seeing as I had zoned out for that long.

"If you think you can fight me, then I hate to disappoint, but it's going to be another loss for you." I goaded him on.

"I don't so princess." He whispered in my ear. 

"Hope you still have the pack of frozen peas I gave you yesterday." I snickered before I used my right leg to curl around the back of his and pull from under him.

He kept his arm secure around my waist as we toppled back to the ground. I tried to get my wrists out of his grasp but he held on to them like they were the last candy bar in the store. 

"Come on, you can try harder than that." He smacked talked. 

"You asked for it," I mumbled before knocking the back of my head into his face. 

"Shit! I thought you said you didn't want to kill me." He yelped as he released my arms. 

Scurring up onto my feet, I winced as I saw the blood trickle out of his nose. 

Not missing a beat, he jumped to his feet and gave me a grin, "Didn't think I was done did you?"

"It's been a few seconds and you're already bleeding." I quirked an eyebrow up but swung a fist at his stomach which he narrowly missed.

"Only because I don't want to make you bleed."

"Oh spare me." I leaped over one of swinging legs. "You and I both know I couldn't make me bleed even if you wanted to."

I landed a quick punch to his jaw but I didn't put much force into it, so that perfect jaw was okay ladies and gents.

Not a scratch on the work of art. 

"That's the thing though, I can't seem to want to hit you." He growled. 

"Rogues really don't want to know that when they plan on killing you." I pointed out.

"Maybe if I had my gun we wouldn't really be having this conversation." He tackled me to the ground. 

"Even if you had your gun, you still need to be able to fight a rogue in the instance that you run out of bullets."

"I never run out of bullets." He sighed. 

"But you don't know that for sure."

"Princess, if I met a rogue who wanted to kill me, I'm pretty sure he'd kill me in his wolf form." 

That little fact felt like a knife twisted in my heart, "That will never happen while you're with me."

"You don't get it Ev, I want- no I need to protect you. It's the same way you feel about me. I can't have you fighting all my battles while I sit around and watch you get hurt." He admitted as I saw the spark of worry within him. 

"I've never not fought someone's battle, it's just how it is," I said even though I knew he was right.

"That's the thing princess, I want to fight your battles for you." He leaned his head closer to my own, "Let me..."

I breathed in his scent as I waited again for lips to meet mine, but it didn't come. 

Rolling us over, he laid beneath me so that I was above him.

"You're forgetting one thing." He said but I had no idea what he was saying as his pupils dilated and I bet mine was the same. 

"What?" I murmured.

"I'm a wizard." He grinned cheekily. 

I couldn't help the snort that escaped me, "Where's your Hogwarts letter, Harry?"

His green eyes twinkled like a green galaxy, "Weren't you suppose to provide me with one Dumbledore."

"I see nothing more than a muggle before me," I smirked.

He lifted his palm to the right of us and just like magic, a small flame erupted from his palm, "You were saying?" He said cockily. 

"Someone's been practicing, hopefully where there's a fire extinguisher." 

"Says the girl who made me light a fire in the forest."

"Not one of my brightest moments." I shrugged as I noticed his eyes going to my lips.

Wasn't just his stare though, every inch of body lined up with own like sweet torture. 

I had no idea why he hadn't attempted another kiss with me yet, especially since the one and only one was electrifying. He must've felt it too right?

"If you want it princess, then you're going to have to take it." He brushed his lips across my cheek before laying back against the floor of the field. 

We both knew exactly what was on each other's minds and that challenging gaze in his eyes made me want to smack my lips against his and punch him for making me take the first step.

Unconsciously, I wet my lips before Cal casually flexed his hips and I almost choked on the air. 

 "You okay there princess?" He smiled lazily with his arms behind his head.

I slowly lowered my head to his own as I heard his breath caught. 

My lips faintly brushed against his before I was startled by someone clearing their throat. 

Immediately scrambling back, I landed on my butt away from Callum. 

I glared up at the intruder and saw a smiling Finn.

The anger dissipated in me since I hadn't seen him all week. Reaching a hand out to me, I grabbed it as he pulled me up.

"Finn," I said excitedly. 

"Well if it isn't Finneas," Callum grumbled as he got off the ground. 

"Callum." He grinned at my jealous mate.

Callum's eyes flickered between Finn and I and I don't know what was going through his mind but his shoulders slumped as he grabbed his shirt off the floor.

"I going to get this cleaned up." He grumbled as he pointed to his bloody nose and jogged off towards Sam and Daisy who were training. 

I stared at Cal's retreating form as I wondered why he left but turned back to Finn who also has his eyes on Cal.

"I'm surprised he left us."

"Me and you both." I agreed. "So where have you been? Haven't seen you around lately."

He passed me a box of water as he shrugged, "Oh you know, just performing my duties as a pack member as usual."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Yeah, but I used to see you around more often."

"Well, that was before you got yourself a mate." He noted but his voice was void of any bitterness or annoyance.

"Speaking of Callum, I was quite surprised by your sudden change of heart that night at the meeting."

He chuckled as he ran his hand through his hair, "Don't get me wrong, I still hate the guy-"

"Knew it was too good to be true."

"-but I knew you already had a lot on your plate that day and as your best friend, the least I could do was try to accept Callum."

"So you'll befriend him?" I gave him a suspicious look.

"Let's not rush into this now. Got to learn to not hate the guy first." My expression fell which made him give in, "But, I'll try to not murder him in my brain anymore. However, if he hurts you, then alpha command be damned, I will hurt him."

Consider my frown turn upside down. I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him into a hug.

"You're the best."

"Yeah, yeah. I know." He laughed as he returned my hug.

As I pulled back I couldn't help myself as I said, "He's surprisingly a great person."

"He better be if he knows what's good for him." Finn teased. 

"Cal's different, he defies me. Challenges me. And I think we've got past the whole werewolf versus hunter thing. I really like him." I gushed as a blush coat my cheeks.

He clasped my hands between his own, "I'm happy for you Everette, I truly am." 

"I think you two will like each other. Maybe even be good friends." I put the idea out there.

He chuckled at my hopeful expression, "We'll just have to wait and see."

"Wait and see what? How I kick your ass for constantly touching my girl?" Callum appeared before us with no blood is sight and unfortunately dressed in his t-shirt.

Finn rolled his eyes, "Possessive much?"

"When you're touching her, then yes." He confessed wholeheartedly. 

Dropping my hand and taking a cautious step back he said, "She's all yours." He turned to me and muttered, "May take a while for me to tolerate him."

Not wasting a second Callum wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "I think that's something we can agree on."

I stared at Callum like he grew three heads but just smirked at me. 

"Keep him on a lease Ev, I'll catch you later." He winked before heading towards the inner field where the wolves were.

"Well that was-"

"I don't like him," Callum growled under his breath. 

I jabbed my elbow into his side, "Relax he's trying. He really is happy I found you though."

"He told you that?" He asked in disbelief. 

"Yes. But I could tell from his sincerity." 

"Right because you two are best buds." I felt the temperature spike on his skin. 

Pulling out of his arm, I turned to face him as he held a frowny face.

If he wasn't looking like dessert he was looking adorable. The Moon Goddess really dropped the entire freaking 'good looks' bottle into creating him.

I took his hands into my own despite the hot temperature. 

"He's my friend, but he's not you Callum."

"You two have a past." He felt like acknowledging. 

"Which I can't change. But the past is irrelevant when there's the entire future. With you." 

"But he's you're best friend Everette... I- I'm not even your boyfriend." He muttered and I could tell that bothered him.

"You're right. You're not my boyfriend." I confirmed. 

His eyes blazed like a thousand fires, "I'm not?"

"Of course not."

"Damn, rip my heart out princess." His voice dripped with hurt which only squeezed my heart.

Pulling on his arms until we were pressed together I explained, "I mean, you aren't my boyfriend because you're my mate."

"What's the difference?"

"Mates... soulmates, means so much more than just some flimsy human label." I conveyed and hopped that he understood what I was saying. 

"What block of cheese did you pull that out of?" He seemed unconvinced. 

I released his hands and cupped his cheeks instead, "Call it cheesy all you want, but you're not some boy toy to me. You're it, Cal. You're the Ron to my Hermoine."

"And Finn is Harry? You seriously aren't making this better." He frowned.

"Okay, wrong analogy. But you and I both know that Hermoine had no feelings for Harry. What I'm trying to say is that I really like you, Callum. More than anything I've ever felt for Finn. It's honestly scary to admit but..."

"But?" He asked with hopeful eyes. 

"I-"

"Alpha!" Sam came rushing to our sides in an instant with a look of horror on his face.

"Sam? What's wrong?" I asked on high alert. 

His eyes flickered between Callum and I and knew whatever it was, it was bad.

"West patrol found a body." 

"Who's body?" I asked as my fist tightened in anger. 

Sam looked at Callum, "A human's."

A/N

Chapter Update: Wednesday-ish?

Guess who's back? Me! Sorry, I took forever, I had an awful debate that took way too long and I officially dislike sociology. 😂😂😂 Also, my finger is 100% better. 

But omg! What just happened with finding a hooman?! 👀 Theories? Also that radio silence on rogues? What is going on...

So from the next chapter things will really start kicking off into the main plot of the story. Mysteries are totally about to be your minds. 🧠👀

Also Ev and Cal ❤ Ugh, they just remind me of how single I am 🤣😅

"You can lead a boy to the water, but you can't make him swim" - Lontalius (Swim).  (Take this quote as you will). 

Song: Lontalius - Swim

Instagram: @1fandombookgirl

I hoped you enjoyed the chapter!

If you did then please consider:

Voting + Commenting

Read on wolfies, 🐺

-Shania. 🐾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 406 54
Book 1 in the werewolf series :Jack: Now I'm infuriated. I swing my leg over her body, so that I'm straddling her waist, and pin her wrists above her...
949K 24.3K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
154K 9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
628K 16.6K 43
Bailey Scotts just wanted to find love again. When tragedy strikes her family, they move to a small town to live with her grandparents. While there...