Dynasty Fulfilled

By DestinyKeianna

Breanna, a struggling twenty-one year old from Louisiana, decides to drop everything and moves to Los Angeles... More

Dynasty Fulfilled
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FORTY-NINE
CHAPTER FIFTY
CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO
CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE
CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX
CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE
CHAPTER SIXTY
CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX
CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE
CHAPTER SEVENTY
CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE
CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

CHAPTER NINE

932 58 10
By DestinyKeianna

Latoya "Toya" McCall above. 

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

I T ' S A P A R T Y !

    It's been a while since I've attended a party, and been around a lot of unfamiliar people. I wanted to back out of actually going to the party but that would've been wrong because I already told Terrell that I'll go. I checked the address on my cellphone, making sure that it was correct house and it was so I found a parking spot alongside the house.

I stepped out of the car after reaching over the passengers' seat to retrieve the gift bag and bottle of wine for Terrell then shut and locked the doors before I continued moving to the front door. I let out a deep breath plastering a smile on my face as I placed a knock on the door.

As the doors opened, I felt myself becoming nervous by the way I thought in my mind of different scenarios that would take place, what would go wrong, and my stomach tied in knots.

"Breanna!" Terrell excitedly exclaimed, holding his arms out for a hug as a grin reached his face. "I'm glad you came."

"I told you I would." I giggled, hugging him while keeping the bag from touching him which seemed to ease my nerves as I stepped back to check him out.

He wore a billionaire boys club fox sweatshirt, denim blue Balmain jeans, Nike AirMax 1 ' ultra essential' white and red shoes and a Knyew faded SnapBack. It was a casual fit that he took to a different level.

"I bought wine and your gift."

"Thanks, Lil' bit, come on in." Terrell extended the door open for me, allowing me through as he then whispered. "You look great, by the way."

I stared down at my outfit that I changed into for the party. A white rib knit, short sleeve bodysuit, denim blue side button mini skirt, white and tan pumas, a tan Michael Kors purse and gold bracelets.

"Thanks, you too," I replied, taking a look at the living room that looked homey.

It was a nice size for the living room as the house was decorated with the colors white and black. It had black painted walls, lots of black artist's paintings on the wall, porcelain tiled flooring, a long black sectional sofa against the wall on the left side, across from the sofa was a black love seat medium-sized sofa and a black small sofa. A white table centered in the middle of the room, a big flat-screen TV hung on the wall, as there were black and white curtains.

Also, there were two stands in the opposite corner, one filled with pictures of Terrell and his friends while the other was filled with trophies, awards, certificates—pretty much every award from all his school and college years.

"Your living room is decorated nicely," I said, noticing that the room was empty. "Where's everyone?"

"They're all outside, I was waiting for you to show," Terrell stated, taking the gift bag and wine bottle from my hands.

I smiled.

"You want me to give you a tour around here or go outside to meet with the others?" He asked, sitting the things down on the coffee table.

"Take me on a tour," I told him.

"Aight." Terrell chuckled, leading the way up the stairs.

"If you have three bedrooms, how many baths do you have?" I wondered.

"I have two and a half baths," He answered, walking upstairs to the first room. "This is one of the guest rooms. I make sure that everything is clean when people stay here..."

The guest room was a nice size. The walls were painted black and white, as there was a king-sized bed against the wall, with a black comforter set. Two dressers, a tall and small one with a desk. A flat-screen TV hung on the wall, and all the wall decorations were of black art in black and white.

"You must love the colors black and white." I turned to him.

He nodded his head, as we walked further into the room to the guest's bathroom. The guest's bathroom was nice. I admired the floors which were black ceramic tiles and walls. The curtains were black as it just gave a very cozy vibe.

"You want to see the rest?" He glared at me.

"Yes!"

.

.

.

As Terrell finished giving me the tour of his beautiful home, we headed outdoors to the backyard where the party was held as the yard was huge as it could hold an adequate amount of people. I instantly smelled the barbecue cooking on the grills making my stomach grumble.

There were many tables outside, one table was filled with the appetizers, fruit and vegetable platters, the second was filled with the food that was covered in aluminum foil, another had the sweets and deserts presented beautifully and lastly, the drinks were set on the table like it's own bar.

Music played from the speakers, and it seemed to be a mixture of today's hits and the oldies.

"I'll take you to meet my friends from back home, you aight with that?" Terrell uttered, giving me a grin.

"Yes."

Terrell took hold of my hand as we met up with his friends from New Orleans.

"Hey y'all, this here is my new friend Breanna coming straight outta' Baton Rouge," Terrell introduced. "Breanna these are my friends Mikey with his girl Jayla, Anthony with his wife Nevaeh, Xavier with his girlfriend Kyla also my childhood friend on the grill is my guy, Keon."

His friends were a good looking bunch, as they seemed to be cool people and were very close friends with Terrell.

"Nice to meet you all." I gave them all a hug and a friendly smile.

"Aight, Breanna I'll speak to them for a bit... you want me to bring you to meet the crew?"

"No it's fine, I'll find a way," I reassured him, letting him speak to his hometown friends.

My eyes wandered over everything, as I searched for the crew and I found them all seated together at a table so I headed towards them. Malik spotted me first as I always thought he looked good in his work clothes and wasn't surprised to see that he was a flashy guy.

He wore a pink Moschino printed cotton blend long tee, cargo trousers, with white vans. As he accessorized with a skull fitted cap, a diamond chain, a Cartier diamond roadster XI watch, and dita united eyeglasses.

"Breanna." He stood up from the chair, walking up to me with a grin. "Hey, how are you? I didn't think you were coming."

"I'm okay, I've been here for a few minutes now," I said, liking the smell of his cologne. "Terrell took me on a tour."

"Well, I'm glad you're here." He entwined our fingers together.

I stared at Malik as his light brown eyes stared back at me, causing me to look away because it was so strong that led to a sly smirk to graze his lips and it led to those nerves reappearing again so I dropped my hand instantly and went over to the table.

"Hello everyone!" I forced a smile on my face, greeting the group cheerfully.

"Hey girly!" Malaysia waved, tapping the seat next to her for me.

Malaysia was the sweetest person ever, as I scanned the outfit that she wore a white popper plunge crop top with black dungaree style flare, leg trousers, and all-white huaraches. Also, she wore shades and a black purse. Her natural makeup was flawless on her beautiful hazelnut complexion.

I admired her long, natural and thick hair that she kept in braids, ponytails or updos as today it was styled in a high bun.

"Brebre, what's up?" Raheem extended his fist out for a dap, before chuckling as he stood up to greet me. "Hey."

As for Raheem, I was still starting to get to know him though I became accustomed to his cool, calm and collected vibe which surprisingly rubbed off on his style. He wore a Marlboro vintage Wild West collection pocket t-shirt, black Balmain jeans, with Easter Pack Sk8-High LX vans and a 1st class 'dirty soda' fitted cap in black.

I laughed, hugging him as I took a seat next to Malaysia and I turned to Tatyana who tapped my shoulder.

Now, Tatyana always dressed to impress in her work attire and off the clock attire she made sure to always look her best. In her brown renaissance milkmaid crop top, high waisted beige pencil skirt with beige platform sandals. She accessorized with brown shades, three different rings on her fingers, a gold star necklace and a brown bag.

Her glamour makeup look was impeccable on her beautiful nutmeg complexion while her hair was styled in half-up, half-down style.

"I saw that." She whispered.

"What?" I mouthed, pretending like I didn't know what she was talking about; hopefully, it didn't have anything to do with Malik.

"Text?" She uttered.

I nodded my head, taking my cellphone out of my purse seeing a new text message.

TatyanaDoll: MKP? That was intense, sis.

I looked up glaring at her, wondering if MKP was Malik's initials but I couldn't ask her since he headed back to the table. Then, I checked the yard for Leandra and her guy, Issac thinking that they would've been here.

"Where's Isaac and Leandra?" I wondered.

"They coming later I guess, you want to get a drink?" Tatyana asked, standing up from the table while holding a clear plastic cup in her hand.

"Sure." I got up, following her to the bar table as I scanned every bottle of liquor that you could name on the table: wine, beer, vodka, bourbon, rum, tequila, gin, brandy, Hennessy, etc. "Wow, you could even make your own cocktail...I can't drink a lot since I have to drive."

"Well make a mock-tail," Tatyana suggested, putting stir ginger beer in her plastic cup. "I am because you definitely can't deal with a hangover when we have work tomorrow...a Shirley ginger is what I'm drinking tonight."

I agreed with that, especially since tomorrow was Saturday and the last day of work. I decided to make myself a virgin watermelon margarita that I was known for in my college days. The way I made my watermelon mock-tail was using the watermelon slices adding in mint leaves, lime wedges, and sugar giving it a nice mix before inserting the ice, watermelon juice, and water before mixing it again.

"You made that fast, let me try it." Tatyana beseeched, grabbing a new plastic cup.

I poured a little of the watermelon mock-tail margarita into the cup. As Tatyana took a sip of the drink; I watched her facial expression and her eyes widened.

"Wait, this is good," Tatyana commented, drinking it again to make sure as she thought about it. "Were you a bartender before or something?"

"No, I made this in college." I laughed, drinking my fake margarita.

"Well, you did that," Tatyana confirmed.

Before I could respond, the Cupid shuffle began to play from the cellphone through the speakers as I felt the need to get everyone to join after I sat my drink down.

I grabbed Tatyana's hand, as she held on to her cup and we got in the middle of the grass as I began to hit the Cupid shuffle.

Shuffle...Cupid shuffle

Cupid Shuffle, Cupid shuffle

Again

Cupid Shuffle, Cupid shuffle

As Cupid got really into the hook, is when I started to get into the song and danced without a care in the world. Tatyana joined in as we danced next to one another one and laughed at one another since we both messed up on a step.

Soon Malaysia joined in, as we were all completely into it.

"They say I'm a rapper, and I say no..." I sung, dancing with Tatyana and Malaysia hitting the steps smoothly. "They say 'what you doing' I'm tryna' do some zydeco! Hey!"

Next thing you know everyone started to join in, making a smile appear on my face. I loved seeing people enjoy themselves especially since this is what partying is about.

I turned around still dancing, seeing Malik, Terrell, and Raheem still sitting but watching us as I shook my head gesturing with my hands for them to come. Of course, Terrell got up and met up with me as he stood next to me and that's when the song changed making everyone clap their hands as the song changed to She's so lovely by J Paul Jr.

People began to zydeco to the song, grabbing a partner while Malaysia and Tatyana went back to their seats as Terrell was about to do the same before I stopped him.

"Don't leave," I told Terrell, pulling his arms as I stared at him. "Do you know how to zydeco, New Orleans?"

"Something like that." He smirked, holding my hands as we begin to move in sync.

I wasn't surprised that Terrell could dance, as he twirled me around and we continued to zydeco with one another. I grabbed hold of his arm as I moved side to side then took two steps and rocked back and forth with my feet. Terrell was super smooth as I glanced down at his footwork as he twirled me.

"Look at you, you have skills, buddy." I laughed, keeping up with his smoothness. "Thank you for inviting me here Terry."

"Not a thang' Lil' bit," Terrell smiled, twirling me around again and bringing me back to him. "Will you finally take my offer on staying with me for a couple of days until you get on your feet?"

"Okay fine, Terry." I rolled my eyes playfully. "Only for a couple of days because I'm not trying to leech off of you, okay?"

"I know, you feel someone staring at you?" Terrell's eyes met mine.

"No." I furrowed my brows.

"I'm going to twirl you, look to the left for a brief second..." Terrell advised.

As he twirled me, I looked up noticing Malik staring at us or maybe me and then I turned around to meet with Terrell.

"I see."

"And thoughts?" Terrell raised a brow.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Mhm, aight. Thank you for the dance Lil' bit." Terrell kissed my cheek, as the song ended.

"Anytime, Terry." I giggled.

Terrell winked as we headed back to the table.

"You can dance girly!" Malaysia commented.

"Thanks, I had a great partner too."

"Right, who knew my boy was a whole professional zydeco dancer?" Tatyana teased, playfully pushing Terrell's shoulder, as he answered his phone from receiving a phone call. "You killed it, y'all did that!"

"It's something about that Baton Rouge meets New Orleans flare eh?" I joked, making them all laugh.

"What else can you do, Breanna?" Raheem queried, taking a sip of his drink. "Can you sing?"

"Sing? I don't think so." I shook my head.

I wasn't blessed with a voice that's for sure but that didn't stop me from singing loudly to songs.

"Am I late?" I heard a voice coming from Terrell's cellphone. "I see all of these cars."

"No, you good." Terrell stood up, holding his cellphone up as he then gestured me to follow him to meet halfway to the entrance of his home with the person on the phone. "I got someone for you to meet sis."

His sister. As she walked up to meet us halfway, she waved. She was gorgeous, as she shared familiar features with Terrell. They had the same beautiful carob skin complexion and dark brown almond-shaped eyes. As for his sister she was tall and had a slim model figure. She had an angular shaped face with a narrow jaw, high forehead, dark narrow eyebrows, long eyelashes, a small nose, down-turned lips, and high cheekbones.

"Latoya meet my new friend Breanna who recently moved down here," Terrell spoke, sliding his cellphone into his pocket. "Breanna meet my young sister Latoya."

"Nice to meet you."

"Likewise, call me Toya." Toya simpered, holding a gift bag in her hand as she pulled me in for a hug and turned towards her brother. "Happy birthday big bro, I came for barbecue."

"It's almost done," Terrell stated, taking the gift bag from her. "I got some appetizers while you wait though."

"I hope you got shrimp and chicken kabobs, you know that's my favorite..." Toya beamed, before staring at me. "So, Breanna huh? How long you've been living in LA?"

"Not too long, I think it's been two weeks I think," I answered her.

"Where'd you two meet?" Toya gestured towards her brother and me.

"We met at work on my third day there," I responded, glancing over at Terrell. "I guess we automatically clicked on my third day."

"Yeah, we did." Terrell agreed, opening the door to his home, letting us enter first and following shortly behind.

"That's good, especially knowing that my brother will have another person to be there for him." She shook her head, going over to the big mirror hanging against the wall, in the living room. "Who's all out there?"

"My friends from back home and my LA friends," Terrell replied, rubbing his chin chair in deep thought. "Uh... I got our childhood friend Ke—,"

"Wait, Keon is here?!" Toya's entire facial expression lit up with excitement as she looked away from the mirror. "I haven't seen him in so long... does he live out here, what is he doing here?"

"Before I was rudely interrupted," Terrell mean mugged her. "I was going to tell you Keon is barbecuing, you already know he has that restaurant so he volunteered to grill for my birthday and go ask him yourself..."

"I will," Toya said, smoothing out her already wrinkle-free denim blue halter + backless top, wide-leg jeans jumpsuit paired with black suede lace-up heels.

I watched her leave out of the house as I figured that she had her crush on this Keon guy.

"Your sister is really pretty, does she model?"

"Yeah, she is." He nodded his head. "She lives in New York, making bank as a model."

"Well that's great, but you don't seem too happy?"

"I am, it's just she constantly traveling by herself and on her own," He rubbed a hand down his face. "I know she's grown and could make her own decisions but it's hard seeing her go."

"How old is she?"

"Just turned twenty-one a month ago."

"Oh, y'all are a year apart."

"Yeah, but let's go check if Keon finished the barbecue... because I'm ready to eat!" He rubbed his hands together.

I was ready to eat as well, from the moment I arrived and the aroma of the food it made me hungry.

We headed back to the table, seeing the crew still sitting and speaking to one another as I smelled the barbecue that seemed to linger in the air. I hoped it was done because I loved barbecue and it's been a while since I've eaten it.

"What are the sides that Keon made with the barbecue?" Tatyana raised a brow.

"Macaroni, baked beans, and probably some other grilled meats." Terrell lifted his shoulder in a half shrug. "I'm about to go check if the food ready or not."

As he walked off, I sat down next to Tatyana and Malaysia as I stared across at Malik who was playing on his cellphone before he picked his head up.

"My mouth has been watering just from the smell," Malik stated, causing us all to laugh. "No for real, those shrimp kabobs are good though."

"Most def," Raheem nodded his head in agreement.

"Did you try any of the appetizers yet Bre?" Malaysia tapped my shoulder.

"I'll wait until the barbecue is done," I replied.

I loved shrimp as well so I knew that if I tried one shrimp kabob I'd have another which would make me full.

"Breanna, you still want me to help you find a realtor or someone to help you find a place to stay?" Tatyana uttered, pulling her cellphone out. "I'll call someone right now if you want me to."

"It's fine, thank you but I'll have a place to stay for a few days and I'll be looking for something by then."

I appreciated the type of people the work crew was, as they were so supportive and caring.

Before the barbecue was going to be handed to everyone, Terrell wanted us all to join in a prayer that would bless the food. I was all for it, as we all held hands with the people next to us and we listened to Terrell's prayer.

As he finished, Keon filled the plates with food while Terrell and Toya began to hand out the plates to people. They passed it down to everyone close by their grill being Terrell's friends and then over to us.

As the plate went down the table toward the first person at the end on our row, being Tatyana; I studied the plate of food. There were the barbecue meats: one drumstick and chicken thigh, baked beans, macaroni, a bit of potato salad, hot dog wieners and a bread roll.

It looked good as I imagined it.

Finally, all the plates were passed down and I viewed the plate presented in front of me as I grabbed the fork to start on the baked beans.

Wow.

It tasted so good as I got started on the drumstick that was covered in barbecue sauce. I broke a piece and began to eat it which led me to dance.

"It's good?" Malaysia laughed at me dancing.

"Very."

After we all ate food, we laughed, danced and sung to different songs playing from the speakers until the party ended.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

773 99 66
After Alyana suffered a horrific car accident, it resulted her into becoming wheelchair bound. Alyana goal was to try to survive this life of hers b...
2.7K 48 17
[EDITED] as piper is a famous influencer, her best-friend, comes back after leaving after a accident, she soon to realize that she slowly falling...
758K 17.9K 23
Katrina a young girl who lives in the low class area of California, has been judged all her life she been hurt broken and everyone calls her the fat...
484K 14.5K 129
#4 COMING OF AGE ❤️ #5 POPULAR ❤️ "My eyelids flutter open and shut, awakening to the sunlight pouring in through the window. It beams onto the bed...