๐—›๐—ข๐— ๐—˜ || sasusaku

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™’๐™š๐™ก๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™š ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, ๐™Ž๐™–๐™จ๐™ช๐™ ๐™š-๐™ ๐™ช๐™ฃ.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH Uchiha Sasuke fulfilled his promise to Haruno Sa... More

Prologue
Chapter One: A Day With Sasuke
Chapter Two: Meeting The Parents
Chapter Three: Fulfilling The Promise
Chapter Four: The Girl He Would Treasure
Chapter Five: Team 7
Chapter Six: The Journey Begins
Chapter Seven: The Land of Steam
Chapter Eight: The Untold History
Chapter Nine: The Strongest Kunoichi
Chapter Eleven: A Start of Something
Chapter Twelve: Towards Sunagakure
Chapter Thirteen: Fall, All Over Again
Chapter Fourteen: A Night Under The Fireworks
Chapter Fifteen: Abducted
Chapter Sixteen: Into Enemy Territory
Chapter Seventeen: The First Date
Read
Chapter Eighteen: The Only Thing I Can Give You Right Now
Chapter Nineteen: Back To Where They Started
Chapter Twenty: Sasuke's Birthday Celebration
Chapter Twenty-One: Through Liquors and Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Crest
Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar
Chapter Twenty-Four: Training Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2
Chapter Twenty-Six: Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Two Weeks After
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Barbecues and Tomatoes
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Sudden Turn of Events
Chapter Thirty: Wherever You Are
Chapter Thirty-One: Parting Gift
Chapter Thirty-Two: For Until we Meet Again
Chapter Thirty-Three: Interlude-Sakura's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Four: Interlude-Sasuke's Dream
Chapter Thirty-Five: Interlude-Sasuke's Trial Begins
Chapter Thirty-Six: Interlude-Sasuke's Desire
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Interlude-Sakura's Determination
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Interlude-Sasuke and Sakura
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Snow-Filled Evening
Chapter Forty: Talk About The Future
Chapter Forty-One: Warmth in The Midst of Cold
Chapter Forty-Two: Women can be Friends Too
Chapter Forty-Three: What The Future Holds
Chapter Forty-Four: The Light that will Illuminate the Dark
Chapter Forty-Five: Home
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter Ten: Mission Concludes

18.1K 600 428
By ASTRAGAZER-

The last time Sakura felt helpless was when Sasuke left the Village when they were twelve. It was the time when she felt as if she was the weakest person in Konoha to not be able to stop the boy she love from walking towards the dark path. She ran after him. Always being left behind, trying to catch up while unconsciously placing all the burden on Naruto. And when she finally realized the burden Naruto had to carry, she decided to get stronger so she could fight on her own.

It was during the War when she felt like she was no longer the same young kunoichi. It was the time when she finally got tired of looking at he back of her two teammates because it was their turn to look on her back. Since then she never felt helpless. She knew she could fight alongside them, in battle, guarding each other's backs.

Since then she never felt helpless.

Until now.

There were seven men, grown up and twice her size. She was battling four of them, giving no sign of weakness and destroying them utterly with her bare hands. She did well showing her brute strength. She is, after all, a kunoichi of the Hidden Leaf, survivor of the Fourth Great Shinobi War, disciple of the Fifth Hokage.

There is no way she would lose a fight with half-baked, amateur bandits whose big bulky bodies are just for show.

That's right. She knew she could win.

Until their leader got a hold of Kanao. His hand holding a nasty scimitar with the blade in front of Kanao's neck.

"One more move and I'll decapitate her." The leader threatened.

Sakura knew well than to follow his threat. But while she was busy assessing the openings to deliver a blow towards the leader, someone put a cloth on her nose and mouth. Her utter surprise made her gasp and she smelled the liquid on the cloth that can make a grown man unconscious in just a sniff.

When Sakura came into, it was already dark. Her hands were tied behind her back tightly and as it wasn't enough, her waist was also tied around a tree.

Once her vision cleared, she saw Kanao tied up, her big eyes stained with tears.

"You bastards!" Sakura's teeth grit in anger. "Can't you see the little girl's hurt? Loosen the rope around her wrist or I swear once I get out of this you'll be seeing the sun tomorrow with half lidded black eyes."

The leader cackled up, a very sickening laugh that made Sakura gagged. "So the rumors are true. Haruno Sakura of Konoha. Such a fine young lady with brute strength hiding behind those porcelain skin. You damn bitch broke four of my men's jaws and shoulders."

"What do you want?" Sakura asked, her eyes firmly on the leader as she concentrated into untangling the rope around her wrist.

"We don't need anything from you. But what we do need, is something from the young man you are with."

Sakura frowned, half in concentration and half in thought about what the leader said. The young man she's with. Sasuke? Who do they need with him?

"We can't afford to fight the man head on. So what do you do when you wanted to catch a big fish?" The leader walked towards Sakura, his big hand cupping her cheeks tightly.

"We use tiny fish as bait." The moment he said it, the rope around Sakura's wrist loosened. It gave her enough strength to snap the rope around her waist and kicked the man's chin. She made sure to kick it hard so the man would lose his balance and it would render him from moving for a few minutes.

The remaining men charged towards her head on, a straightforward attack with no form of coordination. She knew if they coordinate their moves and attack her, she will have a hard time. But these men are all brawn over brains. Sakura made sure not to hit their vital points. She just need to knock them unconscious. And it did not take her time to do just like that.

When the leader finally regained his balance, he shook his dizziness away and prepared to attack only to be knocked down again. Sakura made sure to tie them up tightly around a tree and after that loosened up Kanao's rope.

The little girl was so scared her hands were shaking and cold as she jump towards Sakura.

"All's fine now, Kanao-chan."

"Sakura-neesan!!!!" Kanao cried out as Sakura robbed her back.

She must've had beaten the perpetrators but she has no idea where they were or which way to go. Either way, these men will most likely not tell them the way.

After a few minutes the men woke up, groaning as their joints hurt and sore. Sakura crossed her arms and looked at the leader, her eyes firm and burning.

Why must it happen all the time? Being kidnapped to use as bait to lure Sasuke. As if Sasuke would fall for such trap. And Sakura is quite confident in her strength.

"So, what do you want with Sasuke-kun?"

These men knew they were easily overpowered by Sakura so there's no point lying.

"T-the black market offers a-a great deal of money for the Uchiha's sharingan. And an even greater deal for the legendary rinnegan."

It was the first Sakura heard of the black market. She's not as familiar with it because not a lot of people knew better than to involve themselves in black markets. She heard that all of the black markets were shut down by the Raikage right after the War. So she wasn't aware that there are still some in business.

"Can you enlighten me more." If this black market turns out to be bad news, they needed to report to Kakashi and ask for permission to investigate. Although the thought made Sakura sigh. Isn't this suppose to be a journey with Sasuke, she expected them to be in their merry way towards a comfortable hotspring and relax in an inn under the moonlit night and just the two of them.

But it seems this has become a mission after mission.

"The black market? Well, there are buyers who offer pounds of money for kekei genkai. There were collectors who are after the Uchiha's eyes. W-we just heard two men talking about it and by chance we saw you two heading towards the Land of Steam."

"Where's this black market located?"

"It's located off the coast South of Kirigakure."

Sakura remained silent, processing the information and stitching it up piece by piece. She made a mental note to send a letter to the Hokage later.

"Which country di you belong to?"

The men gulped. Judging by their appearance, Sakura could guess where these men are from, she just wanted to confirm if her guess was true.

"W-we're from Kumogakure. We've been suspended from duty by Lord Raikage. He's one scary man." Sakura could practically hear the fear in their voice as animated tears fall from their eyes.

She's right, they're from Kumo. She has to send an extra message to the Hokage and ask to send some shinobi to retrieve these men and bring them back to where they belong. Now, for one last question. Sakura just had to ask them which way to get to the tribe.

But before she could speak, she heard a twig snap followed by footsteps behind. She knew who it was before she could even turn around.

Clearly it was Sasuke–

"Onii-chan!" Kanao yelled as she run towards Taisho.

Taisho? Sakura blinked. Was she expecting someone else? Perhaps. She looked around, trying to find a certain raven haired man among them. But none. There was no Sasuke, not even his shadow. It was only Taisho and his men.

When she was about to give up trying to find Sasuke–maybe he was still busy digging up a well– Sakura sighed and was about to walk towards Taisho when she felt her ankle twitch. For some odd reason, it was then she felt that her ankle was twisted. She was about to trip when a hand caught her waist and in one swift motion managed to pull her up in a very embarrassing way (see pic above >•<).

She couldn't prevent the blush making its way on her cheeks as her back was very much exposed–thanks to Sasuke's weird way of carrying her up–considering he only has one arm.

"I told you didn't I?" Sasuke spoke, turning towards Taisho who is trying to hide his seemingly pink tinted cheeks and looking anywhere but on Sakura's back. "There's no need to worry. Sakura is a strong woman, she can handle herself."

Taisho didn't know what to respond. Later that afternoon, a middle aged woman was frantically running towards Taisho and the others, saying that she saw Sakura and Kanao being kidnapped in the woods. Taisho was instantly in the state of panic. He ordered everyone to stop what they were doing and run towards the Sakura and Kanao. They were about to do so, until Taisho saw Sasuke calmly sitting, sipping his tea. Taisho felt a surge of anger as he walked towards Sasuke and asked why he was acting all calm and collected when his companion was abducted. His only response was; "I'm not worried. I know she can handle herself."

It was the first time that someone punched Sasuke and let him get away with it.

"Ummm, Sasuke-kun I think you can let go now." Sakura said, a little embarrass. Before Taisho could speak, Sasuke was gone already.

_____

When everyone was back to the tribe, some of Taisho's men took the abductors to the Land of Steam where Konoha shinobis will be waiting to retrieve them. Sakura wrote a simple note asking her former Sensei to send some shinobi and she also included the information she gathered regarding the black market and some collectors looking for kekkei genkai. She more or else expect the Hokage's reply by tomorrow.

After Sakura treated her twisted ankle, she caught a glimpse of Sasuke's lower lip that was busted from when Taisho punched him. Of course Sakura didn't know about it.

"Sasuke-kun," Sakura called. Sasuke turned around and was a bit startled when Sakura leaned in closer only to realize that she's just inspecting the wound on his lips. What else was he thinking?

Sakura did not ask any question about the wound and instead proceeded to heal it. It did not take long before the wound closed and Sakura was about to stand when Sasuke's hand held her wrist preventing her from moving away any further.

"I was..." Sasuke trailed off, his voice a mere whisper and he sound a bit unsure.

"I was worried. I'm glad you weren't hurt badly."

Sakura didn't know if it was her imagination or Sasuke was indeed leaning in. She was about to give in to the moment and close her eyes when Taisho showed up. It seems like he was going to say something judging by the urgency of his arrival. But instead, he stopped dead in his tracks and asked a very obvious question.

"I'm sorry, were you two busy?"

Sakura could've sworn she saw an irk mark on Sasuke's forehead. They stood up and made sure there's a good amount of distance between them.

"Tsk, what do you want?" He sounded annoyed.

There was a long pause. When Taisho finally got over his surprise, he finally spoke.

"Sakura, the herbs are ready."

Sakura forgot about it. She needed to make the herbal medicine. She was about to walk off when she heard Sasuke. "Isn't it late already?"

"It's fine, I still have a lot of reserve energy, shannarro!" She said pumping her fist.

It took an hour and a half to make the herbal medicine. She made it into a tea so the patients can drink it easily. She got help with the other women and make the patients drink it before they rest for the night. And thus, Sakura finally called it a night as well.

_____

When the morning came, the first thing Sakura saw was Kanao's wide grin as she run towards the pinkette. "Sakura-neesan! Everyone's better now!!"

True to the little girl's words, some of the patients were able to walk around the tribe. She called some women who helped her last night and gave the remaining herbal teas. Much to everyone's enthusiasm, the very same day, the well was finished.

Sakura walked towards Sasuke as they watch everyone. Some were embracing their loved ones, the children were playing tag. It was such a great feeling to help the people and see their smiles afterwards.

She then saw Taisho and Kanao, with an old man. Sakura remembered seeing him lying on the bed inside the tent. Could he be possibly the Chief?

"Let me introduce you to the Tribe's Chief, our grandfather, Chief Ginko."

The old man had numerous scars proof of his numerous battles. His wrinkled skin was nothing compared to the smile he offered the two, Sasuke and Sakura. Chief Ginko reminded Sasuke and Sakura of the late Third Hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen,  an old man who shared his life and lesson to them back in the Academy.

The Chief was holding a scroll and handed it to Sasuke. "As token of our gratitude, accept this scroll written by our beloved ancestor, Ashura. Tonight, we shall celebrate as a form of thanking you both for helping us in times of hardship before you go towards your journey."

_____

Lord Hokage, this is a report regarding the mission. Three weeks ago, a giant tree branch blocked the water up the hill, we learned it was a part of the Tree from the War and it contaminated the water in the lake–the people's only source of water. Upon learning the cause, we have successfully dug a well for an alternate fresh water and treated the ill with herbal medicine. The Chief gave us a document written by Ashura Otsutsuki–the scroll is attach to this message.

As for the incident regarding the black market. We will be awaiting for further instructions.

As Kakashi read the report, three certain shinobis stood in front of his desk.

Naruto, Ino and Sai were called right away by the Sixth Hokage and the three waited until Kakashi finished reading the report. When he looked up, he finally spoke.

"I want you three to go to South of Kirigakure and investigate this Black Market under disguise. Make sure no one finds out your real identity. The goal is to investigate these three collectors. They were our prime suspects and one of them is after Sasuke's sharingan and rinnegan."

"Roger that!" Naruto said, eager to finally go on a mission.

"Don't take actions unless otherwise necessary. Gradually send reports. Any questions?"

Sai raced his hand and Kakashi nodded in his direction. "Wouldn't it be easier if Sasuke and Sakura were the ones sent for this mission?"

Ino, who was standing beside him, elbowed the seemingly emotionless former root. "Can't you see that Sasuke and Sakura needed their sweet time alone together?"
.
.
.
.
.

I don't know maybe it's time for some lovey dovey Chapters don't you think?

And since I'm feeling generous, here's an update for you guys!!!!!

Thanks for reading! Vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 6.9K 91
๐˜/๐ ๐–๐€๐’ ๐€ happy girl with a smile that could light up any room, she had a bright personality and a warm feeling that attracts you to her. She w...
291K 9.4K 42
โ๐๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐˜๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ, (๐ฒ/๐ง).โž โ๐˜๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ?โž โ๐Œ๐ฒ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก.โž ๐˜๐š๐ซ๐ซ...
550K 25.5K 76
โ๐™Ž๐™๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™จ๐™ž๐™ก๐™š๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™›๐™š.โž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค IN WHICH a...
3.4K 126 10
โ๐— ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚.โž โคท After several long years of travelling, Sasuke Uchiha aches for his home and therefore returns to his s...