Izuku's Tiger Spirit(Deku x Y...

By TevinMoore92

After Midoriya was saved by All Might from the Sludge villain, All Might told Midoriya that he couldn't be a... More

The Tiger Spirit within
Ways of the Tiger

Entrance Exams and the Instinct

890 20 8
By TevinMoore92

Izuku's POV
I arrived at home but as I looked to see nothing has changed, I was tackled by my mother and she was crying because I was gone for ten months.

Inko: Izuku! I missed you so much! Welcome home! *crying*

Izuku: I missed you too, mom. But I am here now. It's going to be okay. *smiles at my mother * By the way, how are you doing today?

Inko: I-I'm doing fine, dearie. Just wondering if you are still going to take the exams tomorrow. Come on in, Son. I want to know how you have changed.

As I explained to my mother about Master Jago and the Tiger Spirit, she was shocked to know that I am now the new successor to the Tiger Spirit. As my mom was in the kitchen making Katsudon, I went in to my room and began to look at all the All Might merchandise my mom bought when I was just 4.

Izuku Thinking: 'It's time to let these childish things go. I can respect All Might's answers to think logically.. but what I think now is that he is doubting me and what I am capable of even with or without a quirk. Kacchan... You told me that I was nothing but a pebble in your way of becoming the number one hero, that ego of yours will be your downfall in the end regardless of what you may think about me.'

Midoriya then proceeds to take down the All Might posters and toys as Inko comes in to see her son putting up all the All Might stuff in a box.

Inko: Honey, are you putting up your All Might gear? Why might I ask?

Izuku: *sadly smiles at his mother * It's because I needed a change in my life, mom. It's time to grow up and shape my destiny around me.

Inko: I see. Whatever decision you make, I'll support you in any way I can. *smiles and help her son with packing *

As The Midoriyas were finishing packing all things All Might, Izuku decided to continue on with his training before the Entrance Exams. He began his training by placing two fingers on the ground and did his two fingers push ups then going over his form in his Tiger Kung fu stance.

-The very next day-

Bakugou: I wonder where the hell is Deku at? I haven't heard word from him since middle school. *sees a long green haired boy who has changed *

Bakugou's POV
'What the.... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT DEKU IS DOING HERE!? IF HE THINKS THAT HE WILL BEAT ME, I AM GOING TO KILL HIM!!' I thought as I looked at him with his different personality. I knocked over a brown haired girl. To my surprise, damn Deku saved her from falling.
"Deku...." I growled at him as he helped her up and that what angers me. He's changed.... he's more confident in himself, he's not the person I knew who is crying and afraid of me which I hate his guts more!

Midoriya's actions did not change as he caught a chestnut brunette girl whose cheeks were rosy as a blush.

Izuku: Are you okay, ma'am? It would be bad if you were to fall face first. Keep an eye out on things. *calm yet down right a bit harsh*

Uraraka's blush grew as the green haired teen left for the auditorium. She began to wonder who was this boy and why he was so straight forward and serious.

3rd POV
In the auditorium of the building, applicants of various shapes and appearances have arrived to try and entire the best hero school in Japan and none of them were willing to give up without a spot in this school without a fight, that was fine cause neither was Izuku, just because he looked uninterested. The teen found himself a seat in the mid-section and pulled out a pamphlet of the aspects of the exam that they were going to go over. While he was opening it, everyone attention was drawn to the stage ahead where the proctor of the exam was with crazy hair, sunglasses, and a weird contraption around his neck. It was the pro hero, Present Mic, whose voice was unmatched in volume and range, a human loud speaker well respected for his hero work but his personality and excitability levels got annoying after a while.

"HEY, THERE YOUNG APPLICANTS,WELCOME TO THE ENTRANCE EXAM FOR U.A. HIGH! LET ME HERE YOU SAY HEY!" he shouted with the help of the device on his neck.

No one, no even an insect said a thing as the room was dead silent.

"ALRIGHT, LISTENERS! I'M ABOUT TO GIVE THE LOW DOWN ON HOW THINGS ARE GONNA GO FOR THE EXAM! JUST GIVE ME A SHOUT OUT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, ALRIGHT?!" he said as the room grew silent once again.

After he got no response once again, Present Mic got to work explaining the ins and outs of the entrance exam from the written portion of the exam to the physical portion that would take place at the location on the letter they received when they entered the building. It may have been a strange, 6th sense but Izuku could somehow hear Katsuki complaining about not being able to kick his ass, not that he ever could but this was Katsuki. Present mic continued his explanation of the exam reaching the point of the point value of the robots they'd be fighting in the physical portion but one person raised his hand and asked a question about a error on the pamphlet.

"According to the pamphlets, there are four types of villains but you have only mentioned three. If this is an error, it would be a big mistake for Japan's top hero molding institution." A teen with glasses said.

"THANKS FOR POINTING THAT OUT, NUMBER 7111! THE FOURTH TYPE OF VILLAIN IS AN AREA TRAP WORTH ZERO POINTS, SO WHEN YOU SEE IT, IT'S BEST TO RUN AWAY, GOT IT?!" Present Mic replied with his usual smile.

The teen nods, "Thank you for clearing that up! And you there!" he said pointing to Izuku, who had a spot light shinned on him.

"You have had the same uninterested look on your face since you first arrived, like you don't care if you pass or not. If that is true, please leave! You shouldn't become a hero if you not in the least bit interested!" he said as he kept glaring at Izuku.

All eyes in the auditorium feel upon the time jumper as he kept staring at Tenya with the same look on his face and sighed at this guy's attitude.

"It's called "remaining calm." I figured in certain situations, heroes need to keep a level head so that can handle a situation as rationally and safely as possible. Before you decided to call me out, I was thinking of the best way to handle the physical portion of the exam without trying to draw attention to myself. If I look uninterested, then I apologize. Now please, can you sit down so Present Mic can continue his presentation on the exam?" Izuku said as he slightly furrowed his brow at the end.

His calm demeanor and explanation for it threw everyone for a loop, showing that he wasn't uninterested but extremely focused. It caused a few of his fellow applicants to grow nervous of the exam and if Izuku was like this, then he must've had a strong quirk to back it up. The teen nodded to Izuku and sat back down and his surprised look stay for a moment as everyone turned back to Present Mic, who also had a shocked look from how scarily calm Izuku was. His quickly shook off his shock and continued with the explanation while keeping an interested eye on Izuku.
After the written portion, which Izuku passed with flying colors, all the applicants were now on a buses heading towards their designated test sights, displaying various emotions towards the physical portion, like excitement, nervousness, and near breakdowns from the stress but Izuku kept his cool while wearing his green track suit with black accents. He had his eyes closed, arms crossed and left leg propped on his right as the bus moved, causing everyone around him to whisper about, (sarcastic)surprisingly, him.

"How can he be so calm? Is he really that confident he'll pass?" said a boy.

"If he has a powerful quirk, he must be." said a girl.

"Hmph, I think he's all bark and no bite. The moment we arrive, his cool will melt and he'll totally blow it." said a a confident girl.

Izuku opened his eyes and looked around for who said that, causing everyone to instantly go silent for the rest of the ride until they were at the testing grounds. Everyone loaded off the bus and assembled near the front gate of the fake city, waiting for the test to start and stretching to make moving easier. Izuku looked around and kept a sharp eye out for any sigh of the test to begin while scanning the competition. Though he wouldn't admit it, they all looked pretty strong and no matter who got it, U.A. would get an interesting batch of heroes in training. As he continued to look around, he felt a hand grapple his shoulder, and caused him to turn around to the face of the buy who called him out earlier.

"I would like to apologize for earlier during the assembly, I had no right to judge you just from the appearance you were giving off." the teen said as he removed his hand and adjusted his glasses.

Izuku just shrugged his shoulder and replied, "It's fine, I get that a lot."

Izuku turned and stared at the gates as they began to open, drawing everyone attention as they turned to the metal doors, watching as they open slowly. No one made a move until they heard feet moved and see Izuku running in front of all of them slashing each point bots with the laser blade Master Jago bestowed upon Midoriya.
Fulgore's theme Killer Instinct II

Present Mic: WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! HEROES DON'T WAIT FOR THE VILLAINS TO ATTACK YOU! GO!

Everyone heard the voice of Present Mic and ran to get points.

-Back in the Observation room-

Present Mic and a few other pro heroes were watching the exams in awe.

Present Mic: WOW! LOOK AT THE LISTENER GO!!

He certainly knows how to use his quirk, though I can't help but wonder what kind it is exactly." wondered a man that looked to be made of concrete as he watched Izuku move in a flash.

"It's seems like he's has trained both body and quirk exceptionally well, far more than anyone I've ever seen." said an animal like man that looked like a large mouse.

"Yes, he has." commented a shaggy haired man with tired eyes as he watched Izuku take down 3 mock villains worth 2 points each without using his quirk. "But we all know it take more than just fighting skill to be a hero."

The mouse man turned to the shaggy man and nodded in agreement.

"My thoughts exactly." he said before he pushed a big red button.

Meanwhile back in the testing site, Izuku had just gained two more points by delivering a solemn swift, strong punch to a fake villain's back.

'56 points, that should be enough.' he thought as he placed his right hand back into his pocket before feeling the ground suddenly shake. 'What's that?' he thought with his eyes widened a bit.

Izuku and every other turned their eyes to see a giant robot rising from the ground and glaring down at them with it's red, robotic eyes. It started moving forward and crushing building like they were nothing but break sticks, causing everyone scream and start running for their lives.

"So, that's the zero pointer." Izuku let out as he regained his composure, feeling that all that it was was big and nothing else. "I guess I should make my way back to the entrance."

He then turned around and was about to make his way back before he looked around and saw that there other applicants having trouble getting away, due to being held down because of rubble from the damaged buildings.

"Hm, it wouldn't be right to just leave them like that." Izuku muttered as he charged up an attack that uses the Tiger Spirit and ki.

Izuku: ENDOKUKEN!!! *fires a fireball at the giant Zero point robot as he saved the brown haired girl named Uraraka Ochako *

Izuku Thinking: 'That's That.. still, everyone is safe and the girl I just met is badly hurt. She may need to be tended to here.'

Izuku was about to leave, a little old lady walks in the front door of the auditorium as she looks at the stern yet kind Midoriya.

Recovery Girl: Well now sonny, you probably are worn out from the exams and you must be tired too. Here, have some gummies. *smiles*

Izuku: Thank you miss. But I don't need tending to. The one you should check is her, ma'am.

Recovery Girl went to check on the chestnut girl as Uraraka winced as she could not move her leg. The old lady blew a kiss on the injury and Uraraka's adrenaline was in effect. As Uraraka tried, she tired herself out as Recovery Girl's Quirk worked it's magic.

Boy 1: Who is she?

Aoyama Yuga: That my friend is Recovery Girl. She can heal up anyone that is injured and make you regain your energy too. It is c'est manifique.

Izuku: Hmmm... She is good with healing. I better get going. Results will be in two weeks.. I better prepare myself for the harsh training and heroics.

As everyone leaves, Izuku smiled a bit knowing he saved someone who was in trouble.

To Be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 20K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...
465K 31.5K 47
โ™ฎIdol au โ™ฎ"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
159K 5.7K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...