Technical Support

Galing kay Roll286

In a world where eighty percent of the population possesses an abnormality called a Quirk, the superhero occu... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Epilogue

Chapter 51

13.3K 592 146
Galing kay Roll286

"Aya-chan!! You got scouted by the Detnerat Company?!?" The aforementioned girl slowly turned her head up to look at her childhood friend surrounded by several of their classmates. Her listless eyes were a stark contrast to his very excited ones.

At first, Bakugou glared at Midoriya for interrupting his time with Ayano. Although, it's not like they were in a private place and it wasn't like they were on a date. Ayano had once again come down to the lounge just so that she would have a larger space to work on her creations.

After the green-haired boy's outburst, Bakugou's confused gaze went to Ayano. She had already turned her attention back to her work in front of her. "That is correct." She replied in her usual apathetic tone.

"That's amazing!! That's the number one company for lifestyle support items!!" Midoriya continued energetically. He started going on a little rant about the company. Of course, it wasn't to the same degree that he would have ranted for heroes, but he definitely knew a thing or two about support companies because of Ayano.

Suddenly, the boy realized that he was far more excited about the prospect than Ayano was. He hadn't expected her to outwardly show much enthusiasm in the first place, but he could usually tell from the small glints in her eyes if she was excited about something. Even that glint wasn't there. He tilted his head in confusion as his voice slowly petered out, unsure of Ayano's reaction.

When she noticed that his fervor had faded, Ayano spoke. "I declined their offer." This short statement caused both of her childhood friends to jump a little in surprise and their classmates to shout out in shock.

She declined?!? That didn't sound right at all! The Ayano that they both knew would jump at the chance to further her career. "But why?! Isn't this a great opportunity for you?!" Midoriya questioned after he snapped out of the shock.

The young inventor put down her tools and leaned back into the couch. She took a deep breath, relaxing as she placed her hands onto her lap. She took a few moments to gather her thoughts. "I do not believe that it would be in my best interest to accept their offer. To be more precise, it does not align with my interests. It is most certainly an excellent opportunity, just not one that is most beneficial to me." She spoke slowly and evenly, as if she were taking great care in choosing her words.

"Rather than an internship, they offered me a job after the interview. A full-time one, at that. Of course, that would be after I have gone through all the examinations to gain the proper licenses and such. I do not intend to work for another company any time soon. My goal from the beginning was to create my own support company. Although I do commend the Detnerat Company for their work, I had planned on being more hero support oriented. Working for the leading lifestyle support company, though it would be an impressive point to write in my résumé, is not exactly something that will help me attain my goals." She carefully explained.

She didn't let it slip that the Detnerat Company was planning on going into the hero support industry. She had promised the CEO to keep that a secret until the company made an official announcement in December. That fact had initially gotten her interested in working for the company, but the interview she had with Yotsubashi Rikiya was very...off putting. The reasons she just gave Midoriya were entirely valid and were the truth. However, the interview was the thing that finalized her decision.

Due to her circumstances, they had agreed to do the interview over a video call. Throughout the call, the man had referred to quirks as 'special abilities' multiple times. It was a term that Ayano recognized from the book, Meta Liberation War. It was an autobiography that she had read when she was young and first learning about the government's control over quirks. The book stressed that 'special abilities' were a basic human right and the use of them should not be restrained by the government like it is now.

Although Ayano could understand the basic premise of the author's ideas, she could not excuse his terrorist actions. Throughout the interview, it became increasingly clear to her that Yotsubashi Rikiya seemed to almost idolize the author and was very interested in making his beliefs be known through his support items.

As such, Ayano politely declined his offer, making sure to not get too deep into something that she didn't know everything about. The man was kind and didn't take any offense. In fact, he even thanked her for giving him a 'wonderful idea to be used in the company's future hero support items.' She felt uneasy about the whole thing, but it was now out of her hands. Besides, she had no proof of anything but her unsettling feelings.

Midoriya seemed much more disappointed than Ayano was. He understood her reasoning, but it still felt somewhat like a lost opportunity to him.

Suddenly, Uraraka chimed in. "But I heard Aya-chan also got invited to I-Island! Hatsume-san was talking really loudly about it! That's really amazing too!!"

Midoriya was magically reinvigorated. "I-Island!?! The artificial moving city that's a technological paradise for scientists to research the development of quirks and support items!! Aya-chan!! You got invited to there?!"

The young inventor nodded. "I was invited to I-Island Academy for a study abroad program." She confirmed. Several of their classmates crowded around and chatted excitedly about the topic.

As time went on, Bakugou's scowl only grew deeper. Not only was he upset that they were all talking around him incessantly, he was angry that he had no idea about anything they were saying. Although, it wasn't really anger at them as much as it was towards himself.

How had they known about Ayano's situation when he, himself, didn't even know? Clearly, Ayano was not the one that told them. Yet, they knew things about his girlfriend that he didn't know. Important things, at that.

She didn't tell the others, but why hadn't she told him? Did she want to? Was she ever going to?

How could he have not known about such important details about his own girlfriend? About her amazing accomplishments and her achievements. Was he so self-absorbed? Was he so unobservant?

...Was he a bad boyfriend?

Having enough of their bothersome prattle, Bakugou stood up in frustration. He stomped towards the elevator and to his room, dragging Ayano with him. Their classmates shouted after them, but he refused to stop, almost as if he didn't even hear them over his rage.

After reaching his room and slamming the door behind them, he finally let go of Ayano's hand. Or rather, she jerked her hand out of his vice-like grip, rubbing her wrist gently. "What is the matter with you?" She asked as she examined the steadily reddening skin on her wrist from where Bakugou had grabbed her so tightly.

"...Why didn't you tell me?" The ash blond mumbled, but Ayano could very clearly hear the anger in his accusatory tone.

She analyzed his behavior and tried determining whether he was really mad at her or the things around him. "About which part? The Detnerat offer or the I-Island Academy one?" She asked, although she had a feeling he meant both. The boy only stared at her with a frown, confirming her suspicions.

She sighed. "If you are upset about the others knowing about the offers before you, I can assure that I did not tell them myself. They heard it from other sources, rumors, and gossip that I had nothing to do with."

"I know that!!!" Bakugou cut her off, causing her to narrow her eyes at him. It seemed there was more to his anger than she initially thought.

"I already know all that!" He repeated, as if to convince himself more than her. "...But how come you didn't even tell me?!" He nearly shouted.

"I don't see why I needed to." Ayano instantly answered in her usual deadpan way.

There was a deep pang in Bakugou's heart.

"Didn't think you needed to...?" He repeated slowly but with much more anger. "Why wouldn't you need to?! I'm your boyfriend, aren't I!?"

"Yes, you are, but I still don't see why that would mean I have to divulge such information to you. Besides, what does it matter if I already refused the Detnerat offer?" She was beginning to feel irritated herself, letting a bit of annoyance slip into her speech.

"Wha—Of course it matters, you idiot!!!" Unable to contain it anymore, Bakugou finally snapped and raised his voice.

"In what way, exactly!?" Ayano responded with equal intensity. "In what way has my decision impacted you? I declined their offer, so absolutely nothing changes between us. My daily routine has not changed and neither has yours. So, what does it matter if I didn't tell you that I declined the job offer?"

"Then what about that study abroad program, huh?! Were you not going to tell me about that either?!" Bakugou grit his teeth, preparing for a bad answer.

"I have not made a decision about that yet. If I had decided to accept it, I would tell you. If not, then I would not have." She answered in just the way he had expected, causing him to yell back at her again. "You really weren't going to tell me about it if you didn't go?!"

"It is the same thing! If I choose not to study abroad, how does that affect you at all? If I do choose to study abroad, then I will tell you." Ayano clearly enunciated each word, plainly spelling everything out for him.

"That's not the point!!! You should be telling me these things anyways because I'm your boyfriend!!" He ran his hand roughly through his hair, hoping to calm himself down a little. He was already worried that he might be a bad boyfriend. He didn't need to be yelling at her like this.

Ayano stared at him for a moment, almost doing a double take. "Did you...Did you believe that you had a say in all of this...?" She quietly asked, a small amount of disbelief in her voice.

Of course, Bakugou didn't think he could tell her what she should and shouldn't do. He knew full well that she was completely capable of making her own decisions and that she would follow through with her decisions regardless of the actions of those around her.

Still, he had hoped that she would confide in him. He was her boyfriend and she was his girlfriend after all! When it came to such important decisions, didn't boyfriends and girlfriends talk to each other before making a choice? Even for decisions that weren't so important, they should still be communicating, right?

Ayano crossed her arms, a stern look crossing her face. "It is my decision to walk the path that I want, and mine alone. Before we began dating, I made all of my decisions myself, so why should that change now? I have my goals, and you have yours. I didn't get upset with you when you had decided to take the remedial license training course without telling me first, did I? I only supported your decision because it was what you had already decided. So, unless you're here to tell me that you don't support my decisions, I don't see why we're having this conversation."

What she said was right, but it was also so wrong. He knew that he wouldn't be the deciding factor in her choices, but that didn't mean he didn't still want to hear about them before she made a choice. Of course he supported her decisions! He still wanted to be with her throughout the whole process though, regardless of whether or not it affects their relationship.

Feelings are complicated and irrational like that. Bakugou didn't think he could explain it to her properly.

When the boy didn't respond, Ayano sighed and walked out of his room.

He didn't follow after her.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

87 9 4
Y/n ,the number 2 hero, is sent on a mission to help the class 2-A stay out of trouble after a troublesome first year at UA . While she is there she...
57.7K 1.1K 30
𝐘/𝐍 𝐋/𝐍, 𝐀 π†πˆπ‘π‹ ππŽπ‘π πˆππ“πŽ a world where 80% of the human population possesses a super human ability called a 'quirk'. Y/N was specia...
32.1K 944 16
"Damn...Your quirk really does fit your personality." "What the hell are you going on about?" "Y'know, you're personality is pretty...EXPLOSIVE." "OH...
34.5K 1.5K 21
Katsuki's father, a General in the Japanese Military, found a way to synthetically transfer quirks to his son's body as a weapon. Only in his second...