Torment and Lies (New Danganr...

By Eevee_leaf

!!!NOT A READER INSERT!!! A young girl finds herself trapped in a killing game where only two can remain. It'... More

Introduction
Prologue
[1] Apprehension
[2] Discovery
[2.5] Rock Paper Scissors
[3] Misfortune
[4] Trial
[6] Motive
[7] Magical
[8] Desperation
[9] Distraction
[10] Overboard
[11] Rituals and Seances
[12] Secrets
[13] Blocked
[13.5] Bonus
[14] Strange behaviours
[15] The Virtual World
[16] I'm sorry
[17] Make it stop
[18] Monster
[19] Suspicious
[20] Chess
[21] The Truth
[22] Just a lie
[23] Don't leave me
[24] Misleading
[25] Do or Die
[26] Do or Die 2
[27] Melancholy
[28] Battle
[29] The final trial
[30] The final trial Pt 2
[31] The end
[32] Epilogue
Free Time Events
Love Hotel Event
Salmon Team Events
Ultimate Talent Development Plan
Danganronpa S Events
hey so if you want more content...

[5] Aftermath

6.1K 140 468
By Eevee_leaf

Art by stormy_aozora71 <3

"And that concludes... the events of this case." Shuichi finished.

"N-No... Akamatsu-san did it...?" Gonta sobbed.

"It is a truth I do not wish to accept, but since Saihara-kun has brought everything to light..." Kirumi spoke slowly. "We can at least try to trust the Akamatsu-san we've come to know up till this point..."

"The Akamatsu-san we've come to know...?" Tenko's eyes started to tear up.

"Even if she did commit a crime, what Akamatsu-san has said to us is not a lie. She wanted to protect us, and I firmly believe that to be the truth."

"If that was a lie too, it'd be the last straw for me. I'd have nothing left to believe in." Ryoma added.

"You guys are so nice... Even though I betrayed you all..." Kaede looked down, tears running down her cheeks.

Shuichi yelled out, "No, that's not true Akamatsu-san! You were trying to save all of-"

Kaede cut Shuichi off. "Nice job, Saihara-kun! I didn't expect any less!"

"What...?"

"You were super reliable back there! But you still have a long way to go. You need to be more assertive!" Kaede put her hands behind her back and smiled a bright smile. "If you did that more often, you'd be a pretty cool guy."

Shuichi stared at her dumbfounded. "Why? Why are you smiling like that? Why are you still trying to get me to be brave? Why, Akamatsu-san!? Why are you thinking about everyone but yourself!? If you had just been less selfless, you wouldn't have had to murder..." His voice grew softer and more pained. "Why...? Why do you do that?"

Kaede looked down at the ground, more tears streaming down her face.

"Stop, stop, stop! At least save it for the end of the trial! Sheesh!" Monokuma rudely interrupted.

"Looks like the debates finished, so that means it's voting time!" Monokid said cheerfully.

"Alright, you bastards! Press the button in front of you to cast your votes!" Monophaine continued.

Each student's screen on their podium lit up. After about 30 seconds of waiting, Monokuma giggled.

"Puhuhu... It seems the voting has finished. Now then, let's see the result." A giant T.V screen came down behind Monokuma and Kaede's portrait flashed on the screen as the one with the most votes. "Who'll be chosen as the blackened!? Will you make the right choice or the dreadfully wrong one!?" Then, the screen showed them that the verdict was indeed Kaede.

Monokuma let out a burst of satisfied laughter. "Well, at this point it goes without saying, but you all voted correctly! The blackened who killed Amami Rantarou is the Ultimate Pianist, Akamatsu Kaede!"

"..." Kaede looked at the screen with a small smile. "Good..."

"What do you mean good!? Is this how you want it to end!?" Kaito shouted.

"Not really, but it could have turned out a lot worse. So, this is fine too." Kaede sighed.

"I-It's not fine! This is super horrible! The worst ever!" Tenko cried out.

"Yeah... how did it come to this?" Tsumugi agreed.

"Kaede, what would possess you to do something like this?" Kiibo questioned.

"I can't accept this... Not unless you explain..." Gonta sobbed.

"Yeah... I won't be satisfied unless I hear it from you." Kaito said.

Kaede took a deep breath and gave a weak smile. "Okay... please allow me a few more moments of your time. It's just like Saihara-kun said- I was after the mastermind the entire time. I wanted to kill the mastermind, and I thought doing that would end the killing game."

"But why did you try to kill them? Maybe they could have been captured..." Shuichi said slowly.

"If it hadn't been for the time limit, I probably would've done that. But the time limit meant that capturing the mastermind was less likely to work, y'know? Cuz the mastermind could have just played dumb to run out the clock and kill us all. I... was worried about that happening."

"So, you sought to kill the mastermind instead?" Korekiyo asked.

Kaede nodded ever so slowly. "I had made up my mind just before we set up the cameras in the library. I thought it was my last chance to save everyone... I couldn't let that chance pass me by. I had to save everyone, no matter what."

Kokichi brought a finger up to his lips. "Even if you had to kill someone?"

Kaede let out a sad sigh  "That's right... I thought killing the mastermind was our best shot at escaping this place together. I... really believed it, too..."

"Oh, Akamatsu-chan... it never dawned on you?" Kokichi put his hands behind his head, "As soon as that thought entered your head, Monokuma had you right where he wanted because what mattered most to Monokuma is that the killing game started. Regardless of your reasons, the moment you felt the urge to kill, you'd already lost. You agreed to be part of this killing game when you allowed murder to fill your heart."

"W-Wait. To put it like that..." Tsumugi started.

"But he's right." Ichika hummed. "She's the reason the killing game has begun."

"But... If Akamatsu-san hadn't done anything, we'd all be dead by now..." Tenko trailed off.

"Akamatsu-san saved everyone... We can't blame her." Gonta said.

"I know! You don't need to remind me!" Kokichi snapped. "That's why I'm so... pissed off! Pissed off at myself for being so... so useless!"

Shuichi sighed. "Ouma-kun... that's enough. I can see through your act."

"...Whoops. That obvious, huh?"

"But... Ouma-kun is right. I was being played. And I didn't even kill the mastermind. I killed one of our dear friends, instead... What I did was so terrible... So... unforgivable... I took an innocent life!" Kaede screamed out. "I'm nothing but a horrible murderer! You should all hate, blame and be disgusted by me!"

Shuichi panicked. "Akamatsu-san, please calm down!"

"...After we found Amami-kun's body, when I realized he wasn't the mastermind... I thought about ending this by confessing what I had done... But... I couldn't. Because of Monokumas first blood perk."

Ryoma nodded in understanding. "I see... if you had confessed there and then, you would have been able to leave... But you decided you couldn't leave this place by yourself, so you kept quiet."

"Because of the first blood perk, you were forced to hide the truth from us." Kirumi added.

"Yeah, I did... If I did this for everyone, then instead of making things easier by confessing... I thought I should lie to you all, so it would motivate you to keep moving forward." Kaede sighed out, grabbing her arm.

Shuichi looked down. "Is that the reason for this trial? To reveal the mastermind?"

Kaede nodded. "I felt like if I didn't do this, then Amami-kun's death would have been meaningless."

"We were searching for both culprit and mastermind during this class trial." Kiibo said.

"I never wanted to keep my crime a secret... I was going to tell you all eventually... But before I did, I wanted to expose the mastermind first... Then the killing game would have ended, and everyone but me would be saved. I thought that was the best way I could atone for killing Amami-kun."

Everyone fell silent and the tension became so thick when-

"...This is my fault. I was wrong. There was no mastermind..." Shuichi said weakly.

"You were wrong...? But didn't you say the mastermind was one of us?" Tsumugi questioned.

"That's what I thought at first... But in the end, we have nothing. No one made any moves at the time limit; the trial was useless."

"Even when Saihara-kun was about to be voted as the blackened... Still, they did not appear." Korekiyo said.

"If Akamatsu-chan had just kept her mouth shut, we'd all be dead right now. On the other hand, she's only in this mess cuz she decided to say something at that moment." Kokichi explained.

"I wanted to protect Akamatsu-san, but I also wanted to unmask the mastermind." Shuichi explained. "But even when the killer was about to be condemned, they remained hidden. That has to have meant that the mastermind is not among us after all."

Kaito looked shocked. "So Akamatsu had the wrong idea the whole time..."

"All her actions were taken under Saihara-kun's flawed logic." Korekiyo responded.

"All of this happened because my detective work was wrong." Shuichi diverted his attention to the ground. "If I hadn't been so stupid... If I had never said anything about a mastermind to Akamatsu-san... Amami-kun wouldn't have died... and Akamatsu-san wouldn't be a murderer!" Tears started to fall down Shuichi's face. "This is all my fault!"

"No, it's not!"

"Akamatsu-san?"

"I killed him. Not you... Right? Didn't I?"

"But, Akamatsu-san, why did you set such a convoluted trap? If your intent was to kill the mastermind, there was no reason for you to cover your tracks." Kiibo asked.

"Isn't it obvious? She did it because she didn't want Saihara to know." Kaito answered.

Shock flashed across Shuichi's face. "Me?"

"Of course, but... I didn't want anyone else to know either. Because... I wanted to escape this place with everyone. But you guys wouldn't want to be friends with a girl who killed someone, would you?" Kaede said sadly, tears streaming down her face.

Tenko choked back a sob. "Akamatsu-san... put a lot of thought into this."

Kokichi sighed. "She put so much thought into this, it drove her to commit murder like a lunatic."

Miu clicked her tongue. "God, you're such a dumbass..."

Kaede nodded. "I know, right? I'm such an idiot..."

"We only survived the time limit because of the idiocy..." Ryoma said.

"Y-Yes! We're all still alive thanks to you!" Gonta exclaimed.

"Akamatsu-san... I didn't know how, but I wanted to get out of here with you. I wanted... us to be friends." Shuichi had more tears streaming down his face.

"I'm so sorry..." Kaede said weakly.

"So, you're saying... everything you did was because you were thinking of us?" Kaito questioned. "And you hid that you killed him just to stay and help us...? How did things-"

Monokuma cut him off. "Alright, alright, that's it!"

"Wh-What do you mean...? What do you mean that's it?"

"Father, are you getting bored?" Monokub asked.

"You know how Pops gets..." Monosuke pushed his glasses up. "He can't stand this kinda tearjerker schlock."

"I can't... stop... crying!" Monophanie sobbed.

"Teeheehee, I see nothing gets past my adorable little cubs! But we can't let this boring display grind the action to a halt, so... time to make things interesting."

"Make things interesting...?" Shuichi repeated.

"And now, the moment you've all been waiting for! Punishment time!"

Ichika tilted her head. "You mean... Akamatsu-san's execution, don't you?"

"N-No friggin' way! There's no way we'll let you do that!" Kaito yelled.

Suddenly the Monokubs all called out in perfect unison. "Exisals assemble!"

Kaito, Tenko and Gonta all stood in front of the sixteen students as the five Exsials appeared before them, all ready to fight.

"Aaaaaaah!" Tsumugi let out a terrified scream.

"Punishment time is a sacred segment. You're not allowed to interfere." Monotaro stated matter-of-factly.

"And even if ya try to interfere, we'll just crush youse wit' these here exsial!" Monosuke exclaimed.

"I-It's cruel, but... it's better if one person dies instead of everyone..." Monophaine explained nervously.

"Like hell am I just gonna sit here and do what you say!" Kaito barked. "Akamatsu fought with her life on the line! And so will I!"

"I will face you all!" Gonta huffed and stood out in front of everyone. "It's for times like this that I became strong! A gentleman would never back down, so neither will I!"

"Th-This is the perfect chance to test out my Neo-Aikido skills on machines!" Tenko seemed to be hyping herself up.

Shuichi stepped forward. "Y-Yeah! I'll help! I can-"

"Everyone, stop!!!" Everything came to an abrupt halt at Kaede's outburst. "Please... Just stop. Enough, you guys... I've... already prepared myself."

"You're giving up...?" Shuichi said. "You said... you'd never give up... That we'd get out of here together. That's what you said Akamatsu-san... So why are you giving up now!? Did you mean what you said!?"

"I'm not giving up... Because I have you."

"What?"

"Even after I'm gone... My wish will still be here. So, I'm counting on you all! I'm entrusting my wish to every one of you!" Kaede looked at every student, filled with determination. "I believe in you! I believe that you all will make it through this, somehow. You guys better live! Don't go dying on me now! End this killing game, survive and get the hell out of this place."

Kiibo nodded. "Affirmative, Akamatsu-san."

"Yes, I will do my utmost to fulfil your final request." Kirumi agreed.

"I won't give up! I'll get the hell out of here! No matter what!" Tenko screamed.

"I work hard and keep all of you safe until the very end!" Gonta nodded with a smile.

"Now then, let's get started!" Monokuma said. "I have a special punishment prepared for Akamatsu Kaede, the Ultimate Pianist!"

"W-Wait a second, Akamatsu-san, please, don't..." Shuichi sobbed.

"Saihara-kun, you better not lose. You can't lose to this killing game! I know you can beat it!"

"Let's give it everything we've got! Its... Punishment Time!"

"I believe in you guys! So please, believe in yourself! ...Okay?" Kaede shot the students one last smile. "It's a promise."

Monokuma brought down a hammer and slammed it on a red button.

***

"What...!" Kiibo looked like he was on the verge of a mental breakdown. "What in the world... Is that?!"

"A-Are you... fuckin'... kiddin' me!? Talk about overkill...!" Miu stammered out, looking incredibly disturbed.

Ichika's face went blank. "Geez... That's so gross."

"God... Please grant Akamatsu-san's soul in eternal rest." Angie prayed.

"I... I can't believe this happened to Akamatsu-chan... I liked her... s-so... m-m-muuuuuuch..." Kokichi cried. "WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! AKAAAAAMAAAATSSSSUUUU-CHAAAANNN!!!!!"

"Puhuhu! All this adrenaline creates such an exquisite feeling of despair!" Monokuma laughed. "It's moments like this that make all the killing worth it!"

"W-Why... are you doing such a terrible thing!" Tsumugi has tears rolling down her face exceptionally fast.

"You're the worst of the worst!" Tenko barked. "Does human life have no value to you at all!?"

"Hey, I know human life is precious. I'm not a monster y'know. Cuz if human life wasn't precious, ending it wouldn't be nearly as much fun!" Monokuma laughed again. "There's no greater joy than witnessing such a display of despair entertainment!"

"Kehehe... you've surpassed psychotic by a wide margin." Korekiyo glared darkly at Monokuma.

"...I don't think I've ever felt quite this... irritated." Ryoma glared at Monokuma.

"I...I won't forgive you for this! Got that!? I won't ever forgive you!" Kaito snarled.

"Spoken like a marked man!" Monokuma giggled.

"...Do you hate us?" Maki asked. "If so, have we done something to make you hate us?"

Monokuma tilted his head. "...Hate you? Puhuhu... Who can say? That's your job to figure out. If you really wanna know what's going on, you're gonna have to work for it... Though the corpse formerly known as Amami may have had a hunch."

"What do you mean? What was Amami-kun's hunch?" Kiibo asked.

"Puhuhu... What, indeed?"

"He did say he would end this killing game, and he also knew about the hidden door... Could that be at all related to this hunch you claim he had?"

"Puhuhu... I wonder..."

"Hey! What the hell's this hunch you're goin' on about!? Spill it!" Miu demanded.

"Puhuhu... I wonder..."

"If you have no intention of telling us... then keep your mouth shut." Maki snapped.

"You're focusing on Akamatsu instead of her deadweight victim. Well, it's not his fault he was useless. He died before his talent could be revealed. If he lived long enough to reveal it, maybe he would've been more useful... Oh well!" Monokuma chirped. "He's dead and that's that! That's the indifference of death for ya!"

Ryoma sighed. "He... wasn't really the mastermind, was he?"

"Huh? Are you *still* pestering me with these annoying questions!?" Monokuma growled. "Aren't you guys focusing a little too much on whether or not there's a mastermind? If you keep this up, you're all gonna end up like Akamatsu."

"Wh-What!?" Kaito barked.

"..." Shuichi was crying to himself silently.

"Maybe spend less time worrying about nonsense and more time watching your back, okay? You never know who's gonna become the next killer." Monokuma giggled. "Ah, I can't wait! I wonder what kind of killing game we'll get to see next!"

Kokichi pouted. "Dammit! You may have gotten us this time, but we'll get you next time! You'll see!"

"Why are you all psyched up...?" Himiko grumbled underneath her hat.

Monokuma sighed happily. "It's nice to see at least one of you has some chutzpah around here. I have a feeling you're gonna live for a while."

"Thanks! I'll do my best!" Kokichi chirped.

"Shut the hell up! We're... not gonna have another killing game!" Kaito barked. "I, Momota Kaito, am not gonna let you have your way anymore! Got it!? I'm gonna punch that grin right off your face. For sure!"

"Oh, really...? That seems unlikely." Monokuma snickered, baring his claws. "I'm pretty sure you won't live long enough to do that."

"Krgh...!"

"Work hard and do your best to graduate! Cuz the fun's only just begun!" Monokuma and his cubs finally left the fifteen students in peace, only, the atmosphere surrounding them was hardly peaceful at all.

"I... I don't think I can take all this..." Tsumugi was shivering. "I can't stand this anymore... I-I feel like... I'm going to go crazy..."

"Shirogane-san, you mustn't give up hope." Kiruimi said.

"Is there even hope to be had here?" Korekiyo sighed. "The room feels utterly drained of it."

Gonta sobbed quietly. "Gh... Ergh... A-Akamatsu-san!"

"Wh-What kinda male d-delinquent... cries in p-public...? It's so r-rude..." Tenko cried.

"But, Chabashira-san, you're crying too." Kiibo commented.

Ryoma shook his head slowly. "Now's not the time to point that out, Kiibo. Just let it be."

"In times like these, we should pray for Akamatsu-san's soul so she can rest in peace." Angie put her hands together in a praying motion.

"H-How's anyone supposed to rest in peace after getting killed like *that*!?" Miu stuttered.

"Y-Yeah, I'd like to know, too..." Kokichi stared at the ground. "I'm so over this already..."

"Aaargh! Shut up! SHUT! UP! You all just need to SHUT UP!" All the students directed their attention to a fuming Kaito. "Every single one of you... and your meek little complaints... You're pissing me the hell off!!! But the ones who's pissing me off the most..." Kaito glared at Shuichi. "Is you! Saihara!"

"What!?"

That was all Shuichi was able to say before a defending pow was heard and Shuichi fell to the floor, a giant red mark on his cheek.

"Clench your teeth!" Kaito yelled.

"Momota-kun! You're supposed to say that *before* you hit him!" Kiibo exclaimed.

"Didn't you hear what Akamatsu said!?" Kaito barked. "She said... she believed in you! But what the hell's wrong with you!? You didn't say a damn thing to Monokuma! You call yourself a man!?"

"..." Shuichi remained silent.

"I just hit you! Aren't you pissed off!? What's your problem!?" Kaito yelled,

"Male delinquent! You better knock it off or I'm gonna explode my Neo-Aikido all over our face!" Tenko yelled back.

Kaito averted his attention to the ground. "Tch. Fine."

"Uh ohhh, someone's got the maturity of a kid." Ichika scoffed, walking over to Shuichi. "Saihara-san, are you okay? Can you stand?" She asked.

"...I'm fine." Shuichi breathed out.

"This sort of alteration is a waste of time." Kiibo sighed.

"I'm not sure it's waste of time." Gonta hummed. "But I do agree, fighting isn't good..."

"Can we leave now? Staying here will only make us more depressed." Maki said.

"Kehehe... Well put." Korekiyo said. "I agree wholeheartedly."

"..." Shuichi sighed. "Sorry, you should go ahead without me..."

"...Why?" Kiibo asked. "Is there a reason you wish to stay in a place like this?"

Tsumugi blinked. "But we can't just leave you here by yours-"

Kirumi cut Tsumugi off. "Shirogane-san, perhaps it would be best if we allowed him so privacy for now..."

"Oh... okay. I suppose..."

Tenko gave Shuichi a sympathetic look. "Saihara-san... don't beat yourself up, 'kay?"

"Yep! Just hit the reset button on your feelings and you'll feel happy and cheerful in on time!" Kokichi chirped.

"Being a tad insensitive is important for survival." Korekiyo commented. "It helps one avoid suicidal thoughts."

Gonta turned to the elevator. "I will go back, too... Let me know if you need my help, okay?" Soon, everyone boarded the elevator one by one.

***

It was a new morning and everyone except Shuichi had gathered in the dining hall, talking about something Gonta had found.

"Writing...?" Kiibo parroted as Kaito and Shuichi walked in.

"Yeah! Like someone tried to hide their writing in the grass! Weird, right!?" Gonta exclaimed.

"Hmmmm... God says it's just graffiti. Nyahahahahaha! Now we don't gotta worry about it anymore!" Angie chirped.

"Graffiti? That could be it... Or it could be the start of something big!" Ichika exclaimed with a smile.

"Something big? Oooooh, like what!?" Kokichi asked.

Kaito raised an eyebrow. "What's up with you guys? Are you still talking about that graffiti? Whatever... I brought Saihara, so let's start breakfast already!"

Shuichi looked really tense as he spoke. "Good morning..."

"Ah..."

"Nyeh?"

"Oh, Saihara-kun... um..." Gonta looked like he had a loss for words.

"You finally got rid of that emo hat! Is this cuz Akamatsu-chan died or whatev-"  Ichika flicked Kokichi's forehead.

"OWWW!" Kokichi whined. "Aki-chan! What was that f-"

Ichika rolled her eyes and gave him a smug grin. "Oh please, you know what that was for. Learn to be juuuuust a tad less insensitive, kay'?"

"She's right! Learn some manners you delinquent!" Tenko agreed.

Kaito turned to look at Shuichi. "Oh, huh, you're not wearing your hat. I didn't even notice."

"And you could learn some manners too, you insensitive jerk!" Tenko barked.

"N-No, I just... felt like it was getting in the way is all." Shuichi turned to stare at the ground, embarrassment, clearly on his face. "You don't have to stare... I just took off my hat, it's not a big deal."

"I like it. I think you look more handsome with your hat off!" Angie commented.

"Ah... thank you."

"Anyway, don't be late anymore, Saihara!" Kaito said. "We already decided we're eating breakfast together."

"Yes, yes. I have prepared breakfast for everyone." Kirumi announced. "I have prepared an Italian omelette, buttermilk pancakes, smoked salmon galette and for those who prefer Japanese cuisine, I have prepared rice balls and miso soup."

"Toujou-chan! Be my mom!" Kokichi demanded.

"I want you to be my mom too!" Gonta pleaded.

"Oh, yeah! I'll show you guys something really neat! Look, look! When Yumeno-san eats, she makes the cutest face! Awww! She's like a small animal!" Tenko exclaimed.

"Stop it... You're making it hard for me to eat." Himiko grumbled.

The students all chatted casually as they began eating the food Kirumi brought out.

"I don't mean to flatter, but... all this food is so good!" Gonta chirped.

"Mmm, it's so delicious, it makes me want to cut off my tongue." Korekiyo said dreamily.

"Mm-hm... The rice balls aren't just ordinary ol' rice balls, either! The outside is packed tightly so it won't fall apart, but the inside is nice and soft! And cuz the rice wasn't crushed, you can taste every sweet, sticky grain, even when it's cold!" Tenko added.

"By not crushing the rice, air is able to flow between each individual grain. The triangle shape itself is less important than maintaining a loose grip as you form the shape. You will find it much easier if you imagine yourself gripping it with your entire body." Kirumi explained.

Himiko sighed. "Nyeeeh... I can't make rice balls. I can't even tell the difference between rice and termites."

"...How have you survived this long?" Shuichi asked nervously.

"..." Kiibo was silent. He merely stared at his food.

"Hm? What's wrong Kiiboy?" Kokichi tilted his head. "You're not eating- Oh yeah! I totally forgot you can't eat! Y'know, cuz you're a robot!"

"..." Kiibo remained silent and smiled sadly at his food.

Kokichi grinned, "Hey now, don't look so down. I'll bring you a broken TV later."

"I don't want that... I'm not a waste receptacle." Kiibo shot Kokichi an annoyed look.

"...Pfft-" Ichika giggled ever so quietly.

Kiibo's head snapped to Ichika and he gave her a bewildered expression. "Aki-san... Did you just laugh?"

"N-No... Maybe..."

"Why!?"

"Watching you and Ouma-san squabble like five-year-olds is just so hilarious." Ichika snickered.

Kokichi grinned and put his hands behind his head. "At least Aki-chan gets my humour. Robots can't understand human jokes. That's why she's my best friend!"

Ichika let out a light chuckle. "Since when I was your best friend?"

"H-Hey! I told you to stop being robophobic!" Kiibo cried out, pointing at Kokichi. "And you just met Aki-san, how is it possible for you two to become best friends so quickly-"

"I knew it! Not only is the robot incapable of understanding human friendships... The evil robot is plotting to steal my bestie!" Kokichi pouted and moved closer to Ichika. "I won't let you take her, you evil, evil pile of nuts and bolts!"

"Enough with these horrid remarks! Aki-san! Get him to stop being robophobic!" Kiibo whined, grabbing Ichika's arm.

Ichika gawked at Kiibo. "What makes you think he'll listen to me!?"

"Nyahahaha! Kiibo-kun, Ouma-kun and Aki-san seem to be getting along swimmingly!" Angie laughed, clasping her hands together.

"By the way." Ryoma cut through the student's chatter. "That thing Gokuhara talked about earlier... are we all going to check it out?"

"Keh! Quit fussin' over some lousy graffiti and worry about your shitty future instead!" Miu spat.

"Huh? Graffiti?" Shuichi parroted, tilting his head slightly.

Gonta perked up. "Oh, I found it this morning... On concrete, hidden in the grass..."

"Huh... What do you think it means?" Shuichi placed a finger to his chin.

"Well... its meaning is entirely shrouded in mystery." Korekiyo said.

"Well, how about it, Saihara?" Kaito said. "Let's hear the Ultimate Detective's opinion!"

"Huh? Ah... I... don't know? I don't know either." Shuichi stammered out, looking away from Kaito.

"I'm surprised you were able to find that graffiti hidden in the grass." Angie chirped. "Do you channel the divine too?"

"Oh... That's because of tiny bugs." Gonta responded.

"Bugs...? I thought vermin were nowhere to be seen in this academy." Kirumi said.

"Yeah, I thought so too, but... When I was out walking in the courtyard, I thought I saw a tiny bug. But... the bug was so tiny, even I couldn't see it. And I have 20/0.625 eyesight. So maybe I just make a mistake. But I think... No, maybe I was just seeing things..."

"Gah! Just make up your mind already! You delinquent!" Tenko snapped.

"Oooh, you've been seeing things? Well, I've heard a few strange buzzes every now and then, but I could never see anything..." Ichika chimed in.

"What? Really? You've heard buzzes!? Maybe there really are bugs here! I just need to look harder!" Gonta exclaimed, looking full of hope. "Aki-san! Please help me search!"

"Oh sure! Sounds fun but I mean... I think I heard something. I'm not sure..." Ichika stared at the ground and furrowed her eyebrows. "Did I hear something? I think I heard something. Or maybe I didn't."

"Please make up your mind too!" Tenko begged.

Ichika grinned cheekily. "Nyufufu, no promises."

"So, you found that message while you were out chasing some bug? Wooow, Gokuhara-chan! You did it! I knew I could rely on you the moment we met!" Kokichi grinned and put his hand behind his head.

"What? Really?"

"...Yep! So you should work for me!"

"Okay!"

"Be careful, Gokuhara. That guy's a real liar." Kaito warned.

"What? Really?" Gonta repeated.

"Haha, no way." Kokichi just laughed it off.

"Good. Then I have no reason to worry."

"Nee-heehee... Gokuhara-chan, you're so gullible. Y'know, if you keep being this gullible... You'll be killed before you know it. Understand?"

The atmosphere of the room instantly went cold. All the students froze and looked at Kokichi, all equally as bewildered as each other.

Kiibo's voice cut through the silence. "What's wrong everyone? Is there a problem with Ouma-kuns advice?"

"Oh, Ouma-kun... You shouldn't say something like that, even as a joke." Gonta said, very disturbed.

"Hm, say what? Kill? Has the K-word been banned?" Kokichi looked at the ground. "S-Sorry, I didn't know. But that's not very reasonable, is it? Not when the killing game is still happening."

"H-How can you be so insensitive...? Especially after what happened yesterday!" Tenko exclaimed. "This is why I hate male delinquents! They're about as considerate as amoebas!"

Kokichi sighed. "... It's that kinda talk that lets Monokuma play you all like fiddles."

"...What was that?" Shuichi asked suspiciously.

"Oh, did you hear that? Don't mind me- I was just talking to myself."

"Helloooo!" A familiar, annoying voice came down from the floor. The students all looked down and saw Monokuma. "Looks like you guys are having a good time. Let me join in."

"Yeah! They're having a jolly good time ganging up on me!" Kokichi smiled.

"Isn't that your fault?" Maki said.

"No bullying! Bullying is not cool! Bullying is the worst!" Monokuma scolded.

"Anyway, what do you beary annoying creatures want from us now?" Ichika snickered.

"Hey! I'm the only one allowed to make bear puns!" Monokuna growled. "Anyway... I figured I'd give guys a prize for surviving the class trial."

"R-Rise and shine, ursine..." The Monokubs suddenly popped up beside Monokuma, looking a little drained.

"We... brought it, yep. So... I-I'll just give it to you, then..." Monophaine stuttered. Monokuma tilted his head.

"Hmm? My kids seem a little under the weather. Well, even so, they're still freakin' adorable."

"Are... you being bullied?" Himiko asked Monophiane.

"Gah!"

"Th-That's... um..."

"I knew it. I understand... from experience."

"F-From experience!?" Tenko spluttered. "Yumeno-san, you were a victim of bullying in the past!? Is that why you're heart is broken and you can't express real emotions anymore!? Gaaahhhh! Use your magic to turn the human rejects who bullied you into misshapen wretches!"

"I don't use my magic for stuff like that. And don't just make up my backstory." Himiko grumbled.

"It's not surprising that Yumeno-san was bullied." Ichika commented with a blank expression.

"Huh? Hold on... The Monokubs... bully each other? N-No way! The Monokubs should always get along! Hey, you kids play nice together, right!? I'm not a lousy parent, am I? Even if you do bully each other real bad, it's not cuz I'm a bad dad, right!?"

"WE-ALL... GET-ALONG. ALWAYS."

"Hm? Oh, yes... we do..."

Monokuma sighed in relief. "See? My children are good kids. They would never bully each other."

"The bullying will never stop... because of people like you," Himiko grumbled.

"...Anyway, we gonna hand out the rewards youse all have been waitin' for." Monosuke said. "Listen up! Cuz we got these here fabulous, nonsensical prizes for youse! A dragon gem, an Ocarina, an Ancient passport, and a hexagonal crank from some zombie game! These prizes all come in a bundle!"

"Wow! What a bunch of random junk! Bravo! Bravo!"

"Yayyyyy! I-I don't get why these are prizes but aren't they lovely anyway!?"

Kaito stared at the objects, bewildered. "What's all this crap? What are we supposed to do with this?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure." Monokuma responded. "Maybe there's a way to use them without knowing what they're for? Who cares? Just put your best foot forward. It's easier to move forward than backward."

"How nice." Gonta smiled innocently.

"Don't get inspired by him, Gokuhara-kun." Tsumugi warned.

"Anyway, that's the situation!" Monokuma laughed. "Just do your best however you please!" Monokuma and his cubs finally left us with their signature, so long, bear well.

Kokichi hummed. "Hmmm... Seeing that robot looking one get left out makes me think of Kiiboy."

"Am I really excluded!?" Kiibo whined.

"Maybe we need to use these on those mysterious things all over campus?" Tsumugi suggested.

"And what'll happen if we do?" Ryoma questioned.

"Umm... I'm not sure."

"No, let's leave this to Saihara." Kaito said.

Shuichi froze. "What? Me?"

"You're the Ultimate Detective, yeah? You should be good at weirdo puzzles like this. So I'm gonna leave it to you!"

"Ah... O-Okay." Everyone parted to go their own separate ways, leaving Shuichi to find out what the junk does.

***

Ichika walked through the halls of the academy, humming quietly to herself coming across a new path that had opened up. She walked down the new path until she came across a blood-red door. She reached for the doorknob and when to open it when the door flung open, and Maki stood there, blocking the closed red door.

"Oh, Harukawa-san? Is this your lab?" Ichika asked cheerfully.

"Yes, it is."

"Why does it look so creepy?" Ichika narrowed her eyes at the door. "And why does it look like a door that leads to nothing good? Aren't you a child caregiver?"

"Yes, I am. Goodbye."

"Can I look inside?"

Maki shook her head. "No. I'm not letting anyone inside."

"Huuuuh? Why not? That doesn't make any sense." Ichika pouted.

"I don't care. I'm not letting anyone in."

"But I wanna see!" Ichika whined.

"No."

"Please?"

"No. Leave." Maki glared at the small girl.

"..." Ichika stared at Maki for a few seconds then she quickly looked her to left. "Oh? Saihara-san!" She waved.

Maki turned to look at where Ichika was staring. "Saihara? He already came here-!"

While Maki looked to her left, Ichika quickly shot her hand out, reaching behind Maki and twisting the doorknob. Maki was equally as fast in grabbing her wrist and in doing so, her backside pushed the door open enough for Ichika to see inside.

"Nrgh!" Ichika flinched at Maki's harsh grip and a smug smile spread across her face. "Haha... Nice weapon assortment you got there."

"You..." Maki, still gripping onto Ichika's small wrist, kicked the red door shut and slammed Ichika against the concrete wall, the grip around the small girl's wrist unbelievably tight. She glared down at the girl pinned to the wall. "You DARE tell anyone... The next trial's victim will be you."

"You'd really kill me and in turn, yourself, to keep me quiet? I don't think that will work... little miss murderer." Ichika grinned.

Maki threw Ichika to the ground. "... If I'm a murderer, then you should know that I'm not bluffing. If you just leave me alone... I will leave you alone."

"...Mmhm." Ichika nodded with a small smile. "Fine. Not like I have anything to gain from telling anyone, huh?" She chirped. "Hey! You should teach me how to use some of those weapons! Quality girl time!"

Maki narrowed her eyes at Ichika. "Tch. You're annoying." 

"Wh- Hey!" Ichika glared at Maki as she walked back into her lab and slammed the door behind her. "Just because you're pretty doesn't mean you can be a meanie head!"

***

Shuichi walked up to the fortified wall with a large wooden door. Kaito then went up beside him.

"Oh, Saihara! Have you solved the mystery of the junk yet? That weird projection there... I've got a weird feeling you can use that one thing with it." Kaito sighed. "Well, I've got no idea how, though. But my hunches are usually right! Let's give it a try!"

Shuichi nodded and went up to the hexagonal protrusion. He shoved the hexagonal crank into it and the door started rumbling loud, shaking the ground. Soon, the door was unlocked.

Kaito stared at the wooden door in shock. "Wh-Woah! It opened so suddenly... it freaked me out... But my hunch was right on the money! So that junk was for opening this."

"Saihara-san! Momota-san!"

The two boys turned around at the sudden voice and saw Ichika running towards them.

"Oh, Aki-san. What brings you here?" Shuichi asked then narrowed his eyes a bit. "You look a little drained... Are you okay?"

"Oh, don't worry, I'm fine." Ichika smiled innocently. "I was just wandering around and I heard rumbling! What did you two do?"

"Saihara used that Hexagonal Crank to open the lock on the door, and now it's open." Kaito grinned. "Anyway, enough talking. Let's go and check it out."

The three students walked into a whole new area with two buildings. One was called Hotel Kumasutra and the other had a big sign that said Casino.

Shuichi, Ichika, and Kaito all entered the casino together. They went down the stairs and found themselves in a giant game room. They wandered around, investigating the place a bit.

"Oh! Look, you guys!" Shuichi and Ichika heard Kaito's voice from behind them and turned around to see a mountain of coins and a grinning Kaito.

"Woah! Where do you get that mountain of coins!?" Shuichi exclaimed.

"I hit the jackpot! I got this much from just one coin!" Kaito explained happily.

"Wow! That's so lucky! I wonder what you could buy for all of that!" Ichika wandered over to the mountain and get a better look.

"Hehe! Just a regular day for the Luminary of the Stars! My intuition usually leads me to victory!"

Monokuma then popped up. "Nice work, maverick! That's some uncanny luck you got there!"

"Woah! D-Don't just jump out like that!" Kaito exclaimed.

"My bad! I was lured here by your lucky streak! Nice haul you got there. You could really cash in those coins for somethin' really splendid! They're only good here, though... But if ya earn more, you could reach the best treasure in this place!"

"Heh! After hearing that, there's no going back for me!"

"But... you can trade in what you already have right now..." Shuichi suggested.

"What are you saying? If I don't meet his challenge, I'm not a true man! Besides, there's no way my intuition as Luminary of the Stars can be wrong!"

"Nyufufu. Now this is going to be interesting..." Ichika smirked.

"I don't like where this is going..." Shuichi mumbled.

And thus began the sad tale of Kaito's downfall.

"Aaaaaaargh! Damn it! Not again!"

"What's wrong, maverick...? You're down to half your coins. Wouldn't it be best to walk away now...?" Monokuma taunted.

"It's just half!" Kaito screeched. "I'm gonna get everything back! Just you watch me!"

"And Momota-san goes at it once again, brimming with foolish confidence like a loser, despite failing like such a miserable sack of poop over and over. Will he get everything back, or just turn into an even bigger loser?" Ichika spoke in a voice similar to one of an announcer at a sports game.

Kaito glared at Ichika. "Just you watch! I'll get everything back! My intuition is never wrong!"

Ichika grinned mischievously. "Sure you are, bud."

"You're enjoying this way too much..." Shuichi sighed. Kaito inserted one coin after another, but a win never came.

Ichika was practically on the floor at this point and Shuichi just stared at Kaito, his concern growing by the second as Kaito continued screaming aggressively at the machine once he lost.

"Th-This is my last coin! This is where I'm gonna have my dramatic comeback- Stop laughing Aki!!!"

"Pfft- Ah-haha!" Ichika was laughing uncontrollably. "It's too funny to not laugh!"

"Just you watch me win everything back!" Kaito slid his last coin into the slot, and with a determined stare pulled the lever...

"... Right heeeeere!" Katio yelled at the machine and grabbed ahold of its sides. Shuichi, Ichika, and Monokuma watched quietly as the machine spun around and around until-

"Ah... aaah... aaaaaaaaaaah..." The spinning came to an end and Kaito had officially lost everything.

"Ah-haha! Oh my muffins, that was amazing to watch!" Ichika put her announcer voice back on. "We thank you for watching the final episode of, 'Dumb idiot loses all his winnings in less than 30 minutes!' We thank you all for watching!"

"Sh-Shut up you brat!"

"Too bad! Your intuition was totally wrong Momota!" Monokuma said cheerfully. "Man, I'm glad I built this casino! Watching suckers lose everything is hilarious!"

"Damn it! I was set up! If only I'd stopped while I was ahead! I-I'm gonna quit gambling forever! You can bet on that!"

"Yeah, because people would totally want to bet on you betting to not bet." Ichika snorted. "*Bet*ter luck next timeeee~" She shot him a cheeky wink.

"Wh-Why you...!" Kaito scowled at Ichika. "Don't make light about my downfall!"

"U-Umm... how about we just look around at the other aspects of the casino now?" Shuichi quickly stepped in, breaking Ichika and Kaito up. The three of them then split up and tried out some of the other games when Angie came in and told them that she had figured out how this strange flashlight worked, and they headed over to the gym to see what its purpose is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 7300

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

175K 5.5K 70
━━━ 真実 " Your eyes speak the truth when everything else is a lie. " Seventeen students were trapped and forced to play a killing game by a black and...
49.4K 1.3K 15
UNFINISHED!! I got very uninspired LMAO One unsuspecting day, (y/n) is forcefully thrown into a killing game with sixteen other ultimate high school...
38.8K 1.2K 20
This is a post game AU of Danganronpa's third main game, DanganronpaV3 Killing Harmony. In this AU the characters were in a virtual world, which mean...
20.6K 601 13
This is just au it never happened in tha game or anime ⚠️warning⚠️ this story is Hanahaki disease story and it contains Saiouma,Komahina and Naegami ...