雪柱 | Kimetsu No Yaiba

By Hot_Chocolxte

雪柱 | Yukihashira | Snow Pillar "It's hard to express feelings when you never understood them in the first pla... More

Profile
Prologue
I | Essence Of A Change
II | Eons Of History
III | Hourglass Of Encounters
IV | Dystopian Bells
V | Marbles Of Sympathy
VI | Priceless Glass
VII | Untold Blossoms
VIII | Sun Of Truth
IX | Sacrificing City Lights
X | Lucid Star
Special | One Bunny Mask
XI | River Of Mirrors
XII | Trigger Of Traumas
XIII | Dull Crickets
Special 2 | Demon Apocalypse
XIV | One Leaf Drops
XV | Shattered Petals
XVI | Evocative Dewdrops
XVIII | Blooming Infiltration
XIX | Delicate Waltz
XX | Fragments Of Liabilities
XXI | Vermillion Decorations
Special 3 | Demon Apocolypse Pt 2
XXII | Bulbs Of Memories
XXIII | Healing Butterflies
XXIV | Flowers Wrapped In Ribbons
XXV | Lillians

XVII | Truest Kin

9.8K 384 81
By Hot_Chocolxte

XVII

T r u e s t K i n

_\\\\_

Third p. o. v

"The fuck are you doing?"

"..."

Sanemi stared at Mashiro as she was carrying a big pot for an old lady who strolled beside her. Mashiro, her bare face exposed, stared at her fellow ranked comrade with a deadpan gaze.

"... What else do you think?..." The snow haired woman murmured softly as she blinked, her expression unable to change, "... I'm helping out..."

"I can see that, dumbass!" Sanemi spat at her.

Then his gaze suddenly focused on the girl's mesmerising gold hues as he found himself unable to tear away his gaze. His cheeks reddened as he realised that he was caught by none other than the owner of the topez eyes. He sighed as he walked over, taking the pot from Mashiro's shoulders and placing it upon his own. He barely spared her a glance as he began to walk,

"Even if you're better now, jobs like this shouldn't be the first thing you should do..." Sanemi muttered before walking already a few feet away, leaving Mashiro to stare silently at his disappearing figure.

"... Compared to killing demons, a job like that is effortless..." Mashiro stated to herself, then smiled softly, "... It just proves he still cares..." Then she glanced down to her side to see the old lady still stood beside her, watching her friend carry her pot away.

Mashiro shrugged,

"Oh well... He'll come back soon..."

~ • ~

"The fuck are you doing?"

"..." Mashiro stayed silent with a blank expression on her face although it was behind her mask as she sat down close to the Wind Hashira. Not a sound came from her as she continued to stay beside the scarred faced Hashira.

A few veins were showing as Sanemi brought his face close to the Snow Hashira. A fist lifted in front of her as he twitched a smile.

"Do you want to get your ass beaten?..." Sanemi growled as he was also not in the mood either. That day was a not a very special nor joyous day at all. All he wanted was to be left alone for the entire day without being disturbed. But his ideal plan crumbled as Mashiro found him kneeling in front of a river and decided to join him, giving him no particular reason at all as to why she did so and why she keeps doing so.

Mashiro once again did not utter a word as she laid her hand upon Sanemi's lifted fist and caressed it. Sanemi flinched as he retrieved his hand back from her touch but did not move away from his position. Mashiro took her hand back as she settled upon sitting down in a formal position- her legs tucked under, her hands resting upon her thighs. Staring straight ahead, she continued to mute herself.

Sanemi stared irritated at her behaviour before clicking his tongue and sitting down just a few meters away. Both were silent and stayed that way all day until the moonlight began to shine on their still figures. Not either of the two yet to move an inch as the night continued.

Then Sanemi sighed as the day already passed by, he was certain it was midnight a while ago, he stayed to make sure of it. He stood from his place and glanced over to the woman to his right, only to see her still in the same position from when she first came. He held a grumpy expression as he thought about when she came over for no reason, but then his features softened as he remembered her actions when she caressed his hands in a comforting way as if she knew what he was going through and respected that.

If that's the case... He wondered, kneeling beside the snow haired woman facing her as he stared at the side of her face, almost witnessing her bare features, ... She stayed with me?

He heard her soft and cute dinosaur snores as he twitched the corner of his lip and his eye.

"So that's why, huh?..." Sanemi grumbled as he stood straight up and kicked Mashiro lightly as she landed on her side, still in her formal position. Sanemi rested his hands on his waist as he sighed at her unusual antics, "What a pain..."

Almost was Sanemi about to get slashed by a demon as he felt not pain but a warm protection- a comforting embrace from behind him. The attack was so fast for the Wind Hashira to comprehend he didn't notice a nearby demon. His eyes widened as he realised who his saviour was. A familiar snow haired woman who's back obtained three huge bloody slashes as she protected him. The attack was fast, and it was unfortunate of her to leave the swordsmith village where her sword needed to be fixed just to wander off and explore.

"Oi..." Sanemi mumbled in shock at his ally's actions.

The said girl clicked her tongue as she quickly unsheathed Sanemi's sword and immediately killed the demon that was suspected to have specialised in high speed abilities.

"... Such a jerk for ruining my sleep." She glared at the demon's withering body as she sheathed Sanemi's sword. If we had to compare the two Hashiras, Mashiro was better at reaction times/reflexes, awareness, and combat. Strength was one Mashiro could also possibly be better at if she entered her unknown state in which was a state going beyond her limit- maybe even forgetting her limit.

Sanemi was frozen in place. He was so immersed in his thoughts that he couldn't notice the danger lurking around them, ending up with him needing protection from... a co-worker? That didn't feel like the right word. An ally? Eh, already is but still wasn't the word. A friend?... Sanemi began to wonder if Mashiro was just a friend. He felt that it was right calling her one, but he felt as if there was a much better word he could describe her...

Mashiro was just another swordsman who slays demons, belonging to the same organisation as Sanemi. With Mashiro's criticism without a care, and Sanemi's violence, you would think the two wouldn't be able to mix well. Exactly that happened when they first met. Sanemi would threaten her, Mashiro would give him the silent treatment or criticise his doings. Good old bonding, right? It all began to change when Mashiro decided to keep Sanemi company when he felt angrier than usual or gloomy one day. Mashiro did nothing but sit next to him, staying by his side and reassuring him that there will be always someone beside him. She would declare that in her own ways, never once uttering what they mean but would let Sanemi figure it out. Of course, the scarred faced man retaliated at first but grew accustomed to her gestures.

Similar as of now.

In every silent session Sanemi and Mashiro would have sitting next to each other, Sanemi would leave at the end, but not without taking Mashiro to a safe place or putting a blanket on her as she slept. But with the attack of the demon and Mashiro acting as Sanemi's shield, Sanemi began to grow closer to the snow haired female as days passed by. Sanemi changed his actions towards Mashiro bit by bit, and Mashiro accepted him as her friend.

Mashiro thought that they were alike from when she first met him...

The silence they would give on certain days... The distant but close bonds with the other Hashiras...

The changes of personality when they both first encountered demons.

The changes that was a facade to protect the ones they loved.

~ • ~

"This is the right residence... right?" Mashiro asked herself as she tilted her head staring at the front of the house just outside the gate.

Mashiro wore a bored expression as she decided to wing it and knock at the door where she think is the right place.

"Yes?..." A small timid voice caught the attention of her ears as she turned to see the smaller version of her unofficial lover, Rengoku Senjuro.

Well Mashiro says it's unofficial since Kyojuro never asked properly and neither did she, but still continued on with their intimate relationship...

Senjuro was confused as to who was at the door before he took in her appearance. A very beautiful woman with soft snow hair, pristine pale face, and the most entrancing effulgent pair of eyes Senjuro ever seen in his life. All of a sudden, he felt very anxious to be at her presence as he pressed his lips into a thin line.

"... I-I, um... W-Wha... Uh..." The young boy stuttered, now embarrassed to have been too caught up in staring that he forgotten what to say.

All Mashiro gave was a tired look and a few slightly confused blinks. Although she did think he was adorable- well, he always grows more adorable every time she comes to see him.

And to see him look so alike to his older brother...

It broke Mashiro's heart to think like this. Yes, she told Shinobu that she had hope and of course she didn't plan to give up, but there was always this little part deep inside her, telling her that he won't make it. To give up so soon so that grief and misery wouldn't have to feel as bad as she was with all her other late loved ones did.

The more she lost, the more broken pieces of her heart falling.

All the other pillars, Urokodaki, Hiroto, Tamayo and Yushiro, Tanjiro, Nezuko, Oyakata-sama and the Ubuyashiki family, all the other demon slayers she was acquainted with, and even a few villagers she was familiar with. All had very slowly picked up the pieces.

Especially Kyojuro.

He went straight for the pieces.

And the one who picked up most.

"... H-Hello?..." Senjuro called out to the deep in thought Mashiro, "E-Excuse me!..." He finally chose to raise his voice a little which managed to bring Mashiro back. He sighed in relief, "... Thank goodness. I-I thought I did something wrong... W-Would you like to come in?..." He asked timidly, still nervous to talk to this woman he doesn't even know.

Mashiro blinked again as she parted her lips, "... I would love to, Senjuro..." She smiled softly to the young Rengoku who blinked in slight confusion at the tone of familiarity in her voice.

"Um... D-Do I know you if I may ask?..."

"... A friend of your older brother. He tells me many stories about you... especially the ones whenever you act very anxious about something and clumsily mess up many things." Mashiro slightly changed her voice to a much cheery tone, acting like another person.

She internally stuck her tongue out, thinking about messing with him just for a bit.

"E-Eh?!" Senjuro brightened. Now he was convinced that this person was definitely a friend of his elder brother- a close one at that, seeing as Mashiro knew of such stories... "B-But!... Brother promised me he wouldn't discuss my embarrassing moments! Only Father, Brother, Shiro-nee-san, and a few others know..." He furrowed his brows, gazing down to his feet, pouting adorably.

Mashiro gave a slight smile at the sight, He didn't forget about me...

She laid a hand upon Senjuro's shoulder causing him to look up only for a split second as he was then pulled into a warm embrace, his face buried at the crook of Mashiro's neck, giving him access to a very familiar but relaxing scent. His arms were still stationed on his sides as Mashiro raised her other arm to wrap tightly around the younger boy, nuzzling her cheek on his soft, usually tied up hair.

Senjuro was still confused, thinking why a stranger might be acting close to him and his family. But he also felt the nostalgia upon her voice, presence, smell, and actions. His arms were constantly twitching, unsure whether to hug back or not due to this feeling of wanting more comfort from this person. This was difficult for him as this feeling only continued to grow and was not to be ignored.

Mashiro pulled back before he could make a final choice. Her hands were both on his shoulders as she separated from him, but lifted one to caress his cheek. Smiling softly, her eyes showed great relief and joy as she observed him.

"... The many months passing has made you stronger since the last I saw you, Senjuro..." She uttered, expression never changing, "... Tell me... How many Sakura petals have you seen fallen? How many times have you gathered autumn leaves and bury yourself in a pile of them?... How many times have you gone out and bought a sweet potato?..."

Tears appeared on Senjuro's eyes as he realised who this person was to him...

Who this key person was in his life.

Mashiro's smile widened ever so slightly at the sight of Senjuro's tears as she asked one more question,

"Tell me, Senjuro... Did you enjoy eating them?..."

This time, it was Senjuro who initiated the hug. If it wasn't for Mashiro's quick reflexes and strength, she could've been tackled to the ground by him. Senjuro continued to wail as he buried his face on Mashiro's chest.

"... I'm guessing you heard the news that I was back a while ago, and I'm still alive and breathing?..." She chuckled slightly as she was gesturing to her injuries she received from fighting Upper Moon 3.

"... Both...!" Senjuro chocked, "I-I thought you were never going to come back! You disappeared just like that- without goodbyes or anything!... I honestly thought that I was going to lose you- another family... You didn't even send letters to us to let us know if you were alive or not... and just a few days ago, I've only received the message about Brother and you- both critically injured..." Mashiro ran her hand through Senjuro's hair, her touch immediately comforting him.

"I'm here... I'm here..." Mashiro told him, in a motherly kind of tone, "... I won't leave you. Never again."

Mashiro's eyes clouded at her own statement.

~ • ~

Mashiro hummed a tune as she was hugging a very young boy- younger than Hiroto, who was dressed in simple clothing but covered with mini cuts, tiny puddles of blood stained on him, and dirt smeared across his clothes, hands, and face.

She was hugging him- reassuring him as she calmed him down.

"... You shouldn't venture too far into the woods. It's very dangerous- especially when dark is still present... You don't know what kind of things might be lurking there..." Mashiro told him as she stayed in the same position, rather showing no signs of parting at all.

"... I'm really sorry... I only wanted you to get the best gift from me... I didn't notice night was coming..." Muttered the young boy, eyes closed tightly, cheeks drenched with traces of dried up tears. His small hands clutching onto the back of Mashiro's clothes.

"... Ask someone to take you, okay?... I'm sure another one's opinion can help you find the best and most amazing gift for me, so please... don't do this again..." Mashiro murmured, her voice slightly muffled as she buried her face into the young boy's clothes, "... I'll let you go alone you're older... but you need another's help... especially that you are blind, you still cannot get used to your surroundings..."

The young boy only nodded, the girl feeling him agreeing with her.

"... I promise. I won't leave you... Not now that I'm here. I won't leave you again... Never again."

~ • ~

Kyojuro cried as he embraced Mashiro who held a young boy who was covered in blood and deep wounds. Eyes not opening...

Well, the boy never saw anything with them to begin with.

Mashiro blocked out the many sounds coming from the pitter patter of the rain and also the continuous whimpers of apologies from Kyojuro behind her.

The only thing- person in her mind that moment was that boy laying lifelessly in her arms.

'Never again'?...

Her eyes were blood filled, blood spilling out from her eyes similar to the motion of tears. It would have been tears. It should have been tears...

It was only the overflow of blood rushing around her eyes as she stared straight forward.

All traces of the bright sun was erased from her eyes.

N e v e r a g a i n.

_\\\\_

Sorry for the month late update. I've just gone into a few other animes lately. And I would have updated a few days ago but see, there's these mock exams I needed to revise for and the exams actually just started two days ago and will be carried on for the next couple of weeks so the next update will probably be at the end of this month as well, I guess. Not a lot happened in this chapter I guess, but there's always future chapters. I really need to put more moments with the other characters 😅. I'll try my best to do so since I kinda do as well. The scene at the end is kind of a continue of the scene at the beginning of last chapter. I hope you all are satisfied and let's hope I can get my ass to write the next chapter by the end of this month since I have a one month holiday next month. Oh, and I am also a BTS stan. See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65 3 7
"The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living." - Marcus Tullius Cicero -°;--| ༝ ˚ 。⋆ ⧗ ⋆。 ˚ ༝ |--;°- If forgotten memories aren't pres...
185K 6.2K 26
"Don't fall in love with him. A demon and a human can never be nothing more." - - - (Y/n) Sakai the Star Breath user encounters Kokushibou or in othe...
1M 41.1K 23
"𝙀𝙖𝙩 𝙨𝙪𝙣!" ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ➥ 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘮𝘰𝘭 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘯�...
218K 6K 44
DESCENDANT OF THE SUN [ 伊黒 小芭内 ] Obanai Iguro [ 鬼滅の刃 ] Kimetsu no Yaiba / Demon Slayer "Once you've learned the particular breathing, you'll danc...