Time After Time | H. Rogers ✓

By Malielena

book two of captain america's daughter hazel's getting used to the attention ever since hydra was taken down... More

a/n
age of ultron cast
one - sokovia
two - rebel
three - ice
four - whos worthy?
five - no strings on me
six - this is rage
seven - the cooler avengers
eight - wa-wakanda?
nine - a promise broken
ten - safe house
eleven - pep talk
a/n (sony and disney)
twelve - korea
thirteen - creation of a vision
fourteen - one after another
fifteen - seventh avenger
sixteen - lifeboats
seventeen - together
eighteen - his sacrifice
ninteen - graduation
twenty - post credits
civil war cast
one - lagos
two - a murderer
four - debate
five - carter
six - united nations
seven - always ends in a fight
eight - custody and guardians
nine - consequences
ten - last moments of peace
eleven - united we stand
twelve - divided we fall
thirteen - strangers
fourteen - quinn
fifteen - winning and losing
sixteen - definitely a father's daughter
seventeen - home is gone
eighteen - shock
nineteen - so was i
twenty - post credits
black panther cast
one - my hour
two - welcome home
three - waterfall
four - forties charm
five - oui oui
a/n chadwick boseman
six - now or never
seven - zane the zoomer
eight - simple
nine - facing a future fight
ten - hydra's a bitch
eleven - no place on earth
twelve - bloodthirsty
thirteen - the jabari
fourteen - delicate snow
fifteen - like my father
sixteen - true king
seventeen - sunset
eighteen - post credits
next book announcement

three - sokovia accords

4.5K 114 75
By Malielena

Third Person POV

Steve walked to Hazel's room, Tony would be here soon for the meeting and everyone including Hazel has to be there.

He opened the door to see an empty bed, an empty room for that matter.

"Hey Vision." Steve called, Vision phased through the wall. "Do you know where she is?"

"She seemed upset when she passed by me, perhaps she's in the training room, blowing off steam?"

Steve pulled up his phone, he's still working out how to use it 100% but he knows enough.

He pulled up his tracker, ever since she sneaked out last time and also for any safety reasons, Tony put a tracker on her phone.

"She's...in the woods." Steve walked over to the couch and grabbed his brown leather jacket and followed the tracker outside.

• • •

Hazel's POV

Stop it! Stop it hazel. I covered my ears. A high pitch vibration was ringing in my head. God it hurts.

I squeezed my knees tighter to my body and tried everything, all of my techniques to calm down.

"Hazel." I heard my dad's voice behind me.

"Go away." My voice was very stuffy, you could tell that I'm crying.

"I'm your father I'm not just gonna go away."

"I'm fine, just let me be by myself!" I raised my voice.

I heard a heavy sign. "I know heart to hearts never really work." He sat next to me.

I buried my face into my knees, seriously he never listens.

"I got into a lot of fights, heart to hearts never worked when Bucky tried them."

"It's going to end, eventually." I looked up. "Everything always falls apart, and it's my fault."

"It's not your faul-"

"Bad things always happen, to whoever is around me." I sniffed. "Legos for example, the stupid sokovia fight where I couldn't save Pietro! forget Washington? Where so many shield agents lost their lives and New York. Coulson, He's gone."

"Hazel no, it's never on you."

"I'm not finished! Maybe if I worked harder we could find Bruce and god..." I wiped my angry tears. "Peggy wouldn't have lost anyone, Mr. Colin wouldn't worry about a stubborn enraged child and..." I took a heavy, tear filled breath.

"My mother wouldn't have to marry that horrible man if I was never born!" I screamed.

There was a silence, a long silence before I started crying more.

Dad rubbed my back, I think I scared him too much with my honest words. They have been held inside since I was young.

"You have so much hurt for someone so young, you never should have went through any of it." Dad had a broken, sad voice, but I was the one to break it.

"We can't go back, to the past." He rested just hand on my arm. "We both were ripped out of time and they told us to find a spot it fit in."

"I'll always be the kid from Brooklyn." He looked at me. "You'll always be the young witty girl that had to save herself from a hellish home."

"But we both can be more, we can overpower the past with a better future."

"Time after time, we are some strong cookies." He chuckled and then he made me chuckle a bit.

"Literally." I used my sleeve to clean my face. "Waif the cookie part or the strong part?"

He ruffled my hair and stood up, also helping me stand too.

"You want cookies don't you?" We walked side to side towards the HQ.

"Yes." I watched my feet so I wouldn't fall again.

He noticed my shoulder. "I told you so."

"Oh be quiet."

• • •

After a quick trip to the medical bay I was sitting in the meeting room, Tony brought a man, the Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross.

Rhodey, Natasha, Steve, Tony, Sam, Vision, and Wanda, and me sat at the table while Ross was at the end of the table near a screen.

I'm going to call him Mossy Ross, just to myself.

Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass . . . I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives . . . but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some . . . who would prefer the word "vigilantes"."

I don't think any of us have a secret identity at this point. God I miss mine.

"And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?" Natasha glanced at him. I looked at her, she's busy these days and we don't talk much. I miss our girl days.

"How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?"

Ross activated a screen behind him. News footage from past Avengers and SHIELD matters flashed on the screen as he spoke.

"New York."

A video played, showing the aliens, Hulk...god I miss Banner, people running and then a close up of my young eleven year old face...was I really that ugly from the back?

"Washington DC."

It showed The three Insight helicarriers, firing on each other. The destroyed Triskelion. A helicarrier crashing into the Potomac and throwing up a massive wave, engulfing citizens and the camera.

To be fair, that's not our fault. Dad, Nat, Sam, Fury and me stopped that.

I shuddered, thinking of being held in that bank and escape that almost failed due to Bucky. But he didn't know.

"Sokovia."

It's showed terrified citizens running everywhere. The city rising. A building falling over.

Okay now I feel uncomfortable and slightly on edge. I started to mess with the charm bracelet on my left wrist, Peter gave it to me for my birthday.

"Lagos."

Then it showed a burning building. Paramedics moving a body. A dead girl.

The camera dead panned to me, like New York and show me getting shot and falling to the ground.

I flinched and looked away from the screen.

I guess dad noticed and intervened. "Okay. That's enough."

Secretary Ross nodded to an aide and the images disappeared.

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution."

The avengers decisions are safer in our own hands, I don't make them though. I just go along with whatever's happening, as I've done since I was eleven.

he placed a thick document on the desk and passed it to Wanda. She picks it up, then slides it to Rhodey. Then it gets passed around.

"The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries . . . it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary."

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I think we've done that." I spoke up taking a glance at the accords and sliding it over to Dad beside me.

"Tell me, Young Lady, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now?" He gave me a tone that I get often, the 'Your a little girl and don't understand anything so shut up and listen.'

I looked up, staring Mossy Ross dead in the eye.

"If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes . . . you can bet there'd be consequences. Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground." He began again.

"So, there are contingencies." Rhodey seemed to understand well.

"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords."

Me and Dad turned our heads to Tony in unison.

"Talk it over." Ross nodded.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Nat looked smug.

"Then you retire."

Good luck with that.

*claps hands* MEME TIME!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 64K 25
"You can't be my kid, I've got way too many responsibilities." Tony crossed his arms and stood his ground. This wasn't just an argument over chocolat...
212K 5.5K 23
Behind the Winter Soldier, a young killer follows. A child - who's ledger is drip, drip, dripping with red. She's been passed from one cruel hand to...
673K 18.2K 83
❝ ɪᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ɪᴍ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʟɪғᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. ʙᴜᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴏsᴇ ɢᴏɴ sᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ? ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜɪs ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ..❞ B...
13.4K 356 40
Natasha thinks she's lost all her hope. Alone in the red room she feels like a no one, like no one needs her. That's until she meets a little girl...