Infatuation | Lookism *In Edi...

By _icenetwork_

"I wonder what's going to get you killed first; Your naivety or your blind trust in people." Dysfunctional fa... More

Preface
Warning
1 | Where is Home?
2 | Welcome Back
3 | New Friend Unlocked
4 | The Universe Hates Me
5 | Class Begins
6 | House Party
7 | Pick Your Poison
8 | Time After Time
9 | Evaluation
10 | We Meet Again
11 | Dreams and Illusions
12 | Ace's Revival
13 | Lost Image
14 | Fallen Masks
15 | Magic Metal Pipe of Pain
16 | Welcome Home, Loser
17 | The Retreat
18 | Nothing Has Changed
19 | Recovery
20 | Family Feud
21 | Friend or Foe
22 | Find Me in Busan
23 | New Transfer Student
24 | Puppy Love
25 | When Will You Learn?
26 | Korea's Next Top Model
28 | Questionable Part-Time Job
29 | Money Makes The World Go Round
30 | Weakness is a Virtue

27 | Consultations

284 29 3
By _icenetwork_

●●●

●●●

After a few hours of taking photos, the photographer offered to take us out to eat for dinner. It was a restaurant that specifically had crab related dishes. We ended up getting crab hot pot. Joy ended up joining us at the company and the dinner.

The waiter placed the pot on the table before walking away to attend other customers. The photographer smiled at us as he gestured for us to take a bite.

"I thought they only used legs in the soup." Daniel said as Joy clung onto his arm. It was a funny sight to see, his face flustered as she gazed longly at him.

"Usually it's cooked with the body in it. My grandma makes it with two crabs in it to ensure that everyone gets a fair amount." I explained, filling the older man's bowl first.

"T-That's not necessary!" He called out as I swatted his hand away from the bowl.

"You serve the older people first, then yourself. Besides, it's rude of me to eat while you haven't gotten any." I pushed the bowl back to him before taking Daniel's. "Again, etiquette classes were a pain. She drilled not only manners but her culture into our heads."

"Sounds like a nightmare." Joy commented as I nodded my head. Her phone began to ring as she ignored it.

"Is that someone important? Shouldn't you answer it?" I asked.

"It's just Beom, the guy I was working with earlier. He tends to be pretty persistent." She smiled as Daniel struggled under her grip.

"I'd like to thank all of you for this gracious opportunity. My dream was to create my own brand someday."

He explained about his many business ventures that have failed as a result of his lack of money. When he tried to model himself, no one seemed to take it seriously.

"But thanks to you three, I've finally been able to pull it off!" A smile broke out on his face.

"I understand if you'd like to switch to a bigger agency. Working for a small company that can barely pay you well...I'll respect your decision."

"Show me your previous business ventures." I said as he looked at me. "If you don't figure out your mistake, you'll keep repeating the same thing." He pulled out his leather case, handing me his paperwork.

"I'd love to stay longer but I have to go find a gift for my mom." Daniel stood up from the table.

Waving goodbye, I looked through his work. Most of his issues revolved around unrealistic goals, lack of experience, and not monitoring his goals.

"Do you have your accounting records? Where all the payments are kept track of?" He shook his head as I continued to skim through it. "I think I see where everything fell apart." His lights lit up as I glanced at him.

"What is it? I'll definitely change it!"

His enthusiasm made me want to gouge my eyes out. It'll die down once he realizes that he's losing more money than earning it.

"Essentially, you built a company with no plan. The saying goes, 'Fail to plan, plan to fail' is what I'm getting at." I explained, glaring down at the sheet. "Lucky for you, I have a friend who may be of service to you."

"How do you know so much about business, Autumn?" Joy asked, suddenly curious about the conversation.

"My family has many stakes in various industries, in which they passed that knowledge to my brother and I. As the future leaders, we have to be well-informed of the common trends of today's market."

I pulled out a business card from my wallet before handing it to the photographer.

"Call him and tell him that I sent you. He owes me a favor anyway."

***

It was my day off from work as I lounged in the living room. Grandma was at a business meeting, she won't be home until around midnight. Al and Grandpa are working at the moment. For the first time in awhile, I was going to have the house to myself.

Turning on the TV, I changed it to Netflix. The Office came on as I continued watching 'The Launch Party' in season 4. Making myself comfortable on the couch, the volume was turned up.

A knock at the door interrupted my show as I got up to go open the door. Zack was breathing hard, hunched on his knees as I led him inside of the house.

"Woah, did you run a marathon or something?" I joked as he looked up at me.

A wave of disappointment spread through his face as I guided him to the couch. Heading to the kitchen, I place a plate of sables and frozen hot chocolate for him. Setting it down on the coffee table, I wrapped him in a warm blanket as he remained emotionless.

"Alright champ, tell me what happened." I said, getting comfortable in my seat. "Don't worry, everyone's gone for the night."

He began to explain about his date with Mira today. They had watched a movie about a male lead who was strong, kind, and gentle. She went on and on about how amazing he was. It was then that he tried to emulate the person she wanted.

Which lead to meeting her friend from church who constantly caused trouble for him. He tripped him, slapped a child and blamed it on Zack.

Building up to the point where he asked for Mira's phone and then performed suggestive actions towards her when she turned away from him. It was the last straw, causing him to knock the guy out.

"I-I ran here..." Tears rolled down his face as he covered it with his hands. "I'm fucking ashamed...she probably hates me!" Pulling him close to me, I rocked him back and forth.

"You did the right thing, okay? He was an asshole, he deserved getting punched." I rubbed his back as he silently sobbed. "Besides, you got a powerful punch there. He should have known his place."

"B-But what about M-Mira?" He hiccuped. "You know how s-she hates violence!"

This was the first time I've seen him cry before, completely breaking down. Even under that gruff facade, he's fragile kid.

"From what you told me, she knew that you were putting up a facade. It wasn't the real you."

Pulling him away from me, I looked into his bloodshot eyes. "You're not perfect and that's okay. Don't compare yourself to something that's not real."

"Why is that you're always there for me but I can't do the same to you?" His lip quivered as I averted my gaze to the ground.

"I can take care of my ow-"

"That's my point," His voice was unusually soft. "You refuse to depend on anyone but yourself. Even during our retreat..."

As much as I hate to admit it, he was right. I'm surprised that he even held that much insight on the matter. Was it really thought obvious?

"It's been that way for years, old habits never die." I chuckled. "Just me, the world, and my problems. After awhile, it becomes a coping mechanism. It's not healthy but...I'm used to it."

"Y-You shouldn't do that to yourself." His hand lightly grasped mine as I gave him a sad smile. "Talk to us! At least tell us about what's going on with you!"

"I'll tell you when I'm ready," I assured him. "For now, let's focus on what's going on with you and Mira."

He laid his head on my lap as I stroked his head. Turning on The Office, I made him watch with me as a peaceful silence drifted between us. Maybe one day, I'll find the light at the end of the road.

___

I sat next to Zack, helping him out with one of the math problems while Daniel moved away to get help from Jae.

Out of the corner of my eye, Mira sat alone. She would glance at Zack before looking away. The two of them continued to do it until I eventually got fed up.

"Look kids, just spit it out already. I think it's obvious that your telepathy isn't working right now." I grumbled. "If you do not properly communicate, nothing's going to get done."

Getting up from my seat, I pulled both of them outside to "talk" things out. The pair stood in front of each other, gazing wistfully at the ground. The only noise was the constant chatter inside the classroom as I let out a deep sigh.

"Mira, Zack is sorry for ditching you at the theater. He wasn't being his true self, instead he was trying to be like the stupid male lead." They awkwardly looked at each other.

"I had a hunch that you didn't actually want to see it." She rubbed her arm as I wanted to gouge my eyes out.

"Mira knew you didn't want to watch the movie and she's grateful that you went through it. Fantastic we're all friends now." I sighed. "Can we go inside now? Since we're all done here?"

"Thanks for ruining the moment..." Zack muttered until I yanked on his ear.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like to say that a bit louder? I don't think I heard you!" He continued to cry out in pain as I dragged him back into the classroom. "It's time to get our free education now!"

The three of us continued to study through the problems as I pointed out their common mistakes. We had a test coming up in a week, not that I was too excited about it.

●●●

Words: 1,631

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 230 18
A/n:- Y'ALL HOW TF DID WE LAND #1 IN ×reader WHATTTTT SEROUSLY THANKYOUUUUUUU, anyways back to the normal description:- This is Y/n, just a normal gi...
175K 6.8K 74
The demon - he only liked one thing shedding blood of people, enjoying to make them suffer. Enjoying to see them dead but until he meet this girl. So...
84.9K 4.8K 20
❝You're so cute, I just want to put you in my pocket. And keep you there. Forever.❞ It's said that those who are loved attract more love onto themsel...
685 98 32
We all wish for a happy ending in a life full of obstacles. Same was with Autumn. Autumn is the daughter of a very rich family in the entire English...