Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

By cogdill

Katniss and Peeta, now engaged, are heading off to college to begin their Forever and Always. They have gone... More

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chatper Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Nintey-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Nintey-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Nintey-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Sequel Info.

Chapter Five

4.3K 155 73
By cogdill

Katniss POV-

"Well, I should let you get settled in. I should get back and see if Bristol needs any help." I say to Peeta and give him a hug, not wanting to let go.

Soon, I'll be rid of his warmth.

"Hey, how about tonight I take you two to dinner? Classes don't start until Wednesday so we have a few more days to have a little fun." Peeta says, holding onto my hand tightly.

I nod and give his lips a gentle kiss.

"I would love that. I'll see you tonight?" I ask softly with a faint grin and look away.

"See you tonight. I love you." Peeta says and plops down onto his bed.

"I love you too." I say, smiling and slowly close the door of his dorm.

I walk back to my dorm and find Bristol in our room, reading a book at her desk.

"Hey, looks like you managed to get everything in here and way faster than us." I joke.

She turns around, smiling, "Oh hey, Katniss. Yeah, I got everything in. I think our room looks really cute. How was Peeta...right? How is he settling in?" She asks.

I shake my head slightly, "Yes. Peeta and I think he is good. Probably taking a nap." I laugh and sit down on my bed.

"Cool. So where are you from?" Bristol asks; putting her book down and turning around in her chair.

"I am from District Twelve. You?" I say.

"I am from District Ten." She says, smiling proudly.

"Peeta and I actually drove through on the way here, it's beautiful out there."

"Yeah, it really is. I've never been to Twelve, I heard it's really pretty though." She says getting up.

I shrug, "I don't see it as anything too special but it is home."

She smiles shyly and looks down at her book again.

"So, are you related to the lady in dorm advising?" I ask her awkwardly.

"Oh, yeah, I am. She is my grandma." Bristol says proudly.

I smile, "She is a very sweet lady." I tell her.

"Yeah, she was really excited that I was roomed with you." Bristol says.

"Huh?" I ask her, confused.

Why would her grandma be excited for her to live with me?

I mean, I don't even know these people.

"You and your boyfriend are two of smartest students coming to this college in years. Everyone is talking about it. You both are very intelligent and have perfectly clean records too. You two are like angels!" Bristol says in a mesmerized tone.

I let out a laugh of disbelief, "What?" I ask her, finding this to be hilarious news to me.

"You two are perfect and everyone knows it." She says laughing.

"Well, I mean Peeta, he is perfect. Absolutely perfect, but me?" I say, laughing nearly hysterically.

"Yeah, you!" Bristol says, laughing awkwardly.

"I am the furthest thing from perfect!"

"Well, people have been talking and so far, you seem pretty cool to me." Bristol says.

"That is insane but thank you." I say smiling genuinely.

"Oh, hey. Peeta wanted to know if you wanted to go out with us tonight?" I ask in remembrance.

She thinks for a moment.

"You don't have to if you don't want to but it might be fun." I say.

"Hmmm, let's see. Two complete strangers asking me to go somewhere with them?" She taps her pen on her desk as if she is thinking.

"But we are angels, remember?" I remind her.

"That is true. Very, very true." Bristol says, considering it.

"You know you want to. I'm sure you're curious to find out if these rumors are true."

"Okay, okay. I'll go" She gives in.

"Yay! I swear we aren't axe murderers or anything, that's our friend Johanna." I say with a wink.

"Johanna doesn't go here...does she?" Bristol says with wide eyes.

I let out a laugh, "No, but I promise we are as safe as safe gets. We will have lots of fun though." I assure her.

She gives me a smile, "Where we going?" Bristol asks in her accent that confirms that she's not lying about where she is from.

"I don't know, let me call Peeta and see." I tell her and she nods her head as I dial Peeta's number.

A few seconds later he answers.

(On the phone with Peeta)

"Hey, are you alright?" He asks in a sleepy voice.

"Hey, I'm good. Did I wake you up?" I ask him.

"Yeah but that's okay. What's up?" He asks.

"Um, Bristol said that she would go with us and we were just wondering when and where?" I ask him.

I bite my lip while waiting for his reply.

"Okay, how about it's a surprise and be ready by seven?" Peeta says tiredly.

"Fine. Go back to sleep and I'll see you later. I love you." I laugh, my face growing red as Bristol grins.

He let's out a chuckle, "I love you too. I'm gonna nap and you just have fun and make a new friend." Peeta tells me.

"Done." I assure him and he laughs.

I hang up.

So far I think Bristol and I are off to a good start on the whole being friends thing.

"Well?" Bristol asks, knocking me out of my dreamy-Peeta-only-matters daze.

"He said it's a surprise so he honestly, probably has no idea yet but we leave at seven."

"Perfect, that gives us about two hours." Bristol says, moving to her bed.

"You have some interesting things on your side of the room, tell me about them?" Bristol says curiously.

"Uh, okay. What do you want to know?"

She stands up and points to a book I have on my desk.

It's the book that Peeta read to me about the couple, the blue one.

"Okay, well all the things I have here have big stories behind them so..." I say draggingly, hoping she will drop it.

"Hey, I got all the time you need. Tell me your life story because I bet it's awesome. What's the book about?" Bristol pipes.

I give her a smile, deciding that the sooner we know about each other, the sooner we can have fun.

Plus, she actually wants to know about me and my life which is really sweet. And I will make it a point to learn about her life as well because I'm sure she has a beautiful one.

"This book, it was my sisters. I got it for her but she really didn't like it so she gave it to me. Peeta started reading it to me one day. We really enjoyed it, you can read it sometime if you'd like." I say, gesturing all the books on her desk and the one she was reading moments ago.

Bristol gives me a soft genuine smile as she points to a picture of me and my dad.

"Is that your dad?"

I smile and look down, "Yeah, it was." I say, knowing I'm going to have to tell her eventually.

"You still close to him?" Bristol asks me.

"Well, I think if he was still here, I would be. I think he watches over me still and brought Peeta to me." I say, leaving out major details.

"Oh, I understand. I'm so sorry about your dad. At least you know you always have someone watching over you though, right?" She says, looking on the bright side.

I can already tell she's very optimistic which, is good for me to be around.

"Yeah, that is what I always remind myself." I say confidently.

"That is good. I like positivity, I think it helps a lot." Bristol says.

"I will be honest, I am not the most positive person but Peeta's helped me a lot and I've learned life is so much better when your positive." I explain.

She nods her head, "I agree."

She walks over to Peeta and I's scrap book.

"You mind if I look at it?" She asks.

"Nope, I am an open book."

Bristol grins as she picks up the scrap book.

She opens the first page which I believe is Peeta and I's pepperoni face pictures.

Then it goes throughout our time together, up until the engagement I believe, maybe a little more recent.

Bristol's grin which was already wide grows a mile as she flips through the pages until she stops and frowns and I know exactly why.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 10.1K 63
(If you haven't read The One and Only Real or After The Always please read them before this) We all know that the end of Mockingjay jumps to an epil...
1.1K 24 7
What happens when Katniss Everdeen starts to fall crazily in love with her best friend/fake boyfriend, Peeta Mellark? Love happens. Duh. [Fake Dating...
37.6K 544 73
This story is based on the characters, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. They both are from the hunger games trilogy, which is a beautifully writte...
512K 21.5K 101
Katniss Everdeen is a sixteen year old girl. She feels life is going great with her family, friends and life in general, but things take a turn for K...