SAD DRIVERS (b. hargrove, boo...

By likefightmeplease

**DISCONTINUED** And so the cycle begins again... BOOK TWO TO DRUNK DRIVERS b. hargrove x m. manor More

BOOK TWO
BOOK TWO: OVERTURE
BOOK TWO: ACT ONE, SCENE ONE
BOOK TWO: ACT ONE, SCENE TWO
BOOK TWO: ACT ONE, SCENE THREE
BOOK TWO: ACT ONE, SCENE FOUR
BOOK TWO: ACT ONE, SCENE FIVE
BOOK TWO: ACT ONE, SCENE SIX
BOOK TWO: ACT ONE, SCENE SEVEN
BOOK TWO: ACT ONE, SCENE EIGHT
BOOK TWO: ACT ONE, SCENE NINE
INTERMISSION
BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE ONE
BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE TWO
BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE THREE
BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE FOUR
BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE SIX
BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE SEVEN
BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE EIGHT
BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE NINE
BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE TEN
ACT 2 INTERMISSION
BOOK TWO: ACT THREE, SCENE ONE

BOOK TWO: ACT TWO, SCENE FIVE

3K 94 76
By likefightmeplease

ACT TWO, SCENE FIVE: Getting Hot, Hot, Hot
"Max, get away from the door."

**LONG CHAPTER**

ALTHOUGH THE BRONCO WAS SPACIOUS, no car should be filled with that many young teenagers. Mallory did not miss her younger days, that was for sure. She didn't remember being so annoying, though.

Mike, El, Max, and Lucas were all fighting. Somehow, their arguments were separate but in one big fight at the same time. Will and Debbie, the only two not fighting, just awkwardly sat. Mallory couldn't imagine how much those two had been through because she was already sick of it.

"Shut up!" She shouted. The four fighters jerked their heads towards Mallory.

"If I hear one more peep out of you four about boyfriends, girls, or El and her powers, I'm going to turn the car around and drive it straight back to Mike's house where we will sit and watch the Mind Slayer destroy Hawkins. Understood?" Mallory was still driving, obviously not going to let herself and Debbie be destroyed in whatever sci-fi mess was happening.

"Mind Flayer," Will piped up. Mallory practically glared at him through the rearview mirror.

"What?"

"You said Mind Slayer. It's called Mind Flayer," Mallory knew he was just trying to be helpful but now was really not the time.

"Will, no offense, but does it look like I care?" Will didn't talk after that. The rest of the car ride was decently silent. Perhaps a cough or two but no talking.

They arrived at the pool. Since the entire group was broke and didn't even have enough money to buy one ticket, they settled for staring at Billy from behind the fence.

"He looks pretty normal to me," Debbie said, unenthused by just staring at the pool and not going in.

"Normal? I mean, how many times have you seen Billy with a shirt on? It's a little weird to me," Max said.

Mallory mumbled, "More than a little."

"He was in a tub with ice," El spoke up.

"The Mind Flayer likes it cold," Will developed.

"But he's lounging at the pool which is, like, the least Mind Flayer thing to do," Max wanted to prove her brother's innocence.

Will shook his head, "Not necessarily. The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when He needed me. It's like you're dormant, and then, when he needs you, you're activated."

"So what do we do?"

"We activate him," Mallory said.

"How are we suppose to do that?" Lucas looked skeptical.

"You said he likes it cold, right, Will?" Will nodded and Mallory continued, "There's a sauna in the men's locker room— don't ask how I know. All creatures have a fight-or-flight response. We heat him up until we know for sure that he's the host."

"We can't just do that, though, we'll have to wait until the pool closes," Debbie pointed out.

"Billy usually hangs out a bit after. But will the sauna get hot enough?" Max questioned Mallory.

Mallory chuckled, "Believe me, it can get pretty hot in there."

All the kids just looked at her, disgusted looks on everyone's faces except El's.

"Ew," Debbie said.

Mallory rolled her eyes, "I didn't mean it like that! You guys are gross. It'll be hot enough."

After a moment, El spoke up, "Then we just need to get him in there and lock him up. How?"

"I think I have an idea," Mike said.

Mallory loved the stars. She was a firm believer in astrology (a Libra herself) and admired how beautiful the stars were. Even after death, they still shined brightly. She hoped she would be that lovely after death.

"Mallory," Debbie broke Mallory out of her gaze. Mallory turned around and smiled at her sister.

"Hmm?"

"I know you still like him. Love him, even. You don't have to do this. He'll be in pain," Debbie had matured more than Mallory cared to admit. Mallory sighed.

"I know. That's why I want to be there. I want him back. Because whatever this Mind Fillet thing is, isn't Billy," She smiled sadly.

"Mind Flayer, Mal, Jesus. It's not that hard, okay?" Debbie chuckled dryly. Mallory waved her off.

"So, you seen Dustin recently?" She asked her little sister. Debbie shrugged.

"No, not really. He has a girlfriend who may or may not be real, but I'm kinda over him," Debbie went back to carrying whatever she was carrying. Mallory followed.

"Oh, really? Found another boy?"

Debbie's eyebrows furrowed, "Kinda... I've just, you know, been hanging out with Max and Will, like, a lot recently."

Mallory thought it was a strange response but didn't ask further. After Debbie put her... whatever down, the trap was finally set. Mallory helped exactly none and had no clue how it was going to work. Mike's voice was pretty easy to tune out.

They waited for a bit until they heard Billy come in. Mallory offered to go investigate to make sure that it was Billy. Mike gave her the OK to look.

Of course, it was Billy. She just wanted to see him again, make sure he still at least looked like Billy. Luckily, he was getting ready for a shower, so Mallory really got to see him. With newly found self-control, she turned away and walked back to where the kids were hiding.

Mike asked the question with his eyes. Mallory nodded, "It's him."

Everyone looked towards Mike, the creator of this plan. They heard the shower turn off. It was game time. The group got up and started banging around some metal.

"Pool's closed," They heard Billy grunt. Nonetheless, they continued to make noise.

"Hey, do you hear me? Pool's closed!" Billy was pugnacious.

"Billy!" Mike said in a kiddish, singsong voice into the walkie-talkie. The receiver was placed by the dummy inside the sauna.

"Who's there?" He snapped.

"Billy!" Mike said again. Though his voice was funny, nobody was laughing. Everyone had serious looks on their faces.

"I said, 'Who's there?'!" Billy was clearly angry.

Mike clicked on the walkie-talkie again, adding in a giggle, "Come and find me!"

"You think this is funny, huh? If I find you, it's gonna be your funeral!"

"Come and get me, Billy!"

Billy stepped into Mallory's line of view. Her breath hitched. He was right in front of the sauna.

"Got you," He said viciously. When he opened the sauna, it was clear he was confused.

Billy stepped inside the sauna as Mike said, "Come in and get me, you piece of shit!"

Mallory stepped out, along with the others from their various hiding spots. She stood in front of the doorway.

"Billy?" She meant it to come out like a statement. He whipped around, glaring at everybody.

"Now!" Mike shouted the command. El stuck up her hand and the door swung shut. Mallory jumped backward as Billy slammed against the door that Lucas and Will were chaining shut.

"Got it," Lucas said. Mallory stepped next to the temperature control.

She looked a Max, "Ready?"

Max nodded confidently, "Do it."

Billy began banding on the door, "Max! Let me outta here! Mallory, what the fuck is happening?"

Mallory walked back to the kids, placing a protective arm over Debbie. Billy looked horrifying like a monster was trying to break out of him.

"Let me out of here, Mal!" Billy was looking directly at her. Mallory shook her head.

"No!" She shouted. His anger turned towards the kids.

"You little shits think this is funny!? You kids think this is some kinda sick prank!? Open the door! Open the fucking door! Open the door!" He began banging the wall. The tiles could be heard breaking under his fists.

Will glanced at the thermostat, "Two-twenty."

Suddenly, Billy was sobbing. He was sobbing to his sister, Max.

"It's not my fault, it's not my fault. It's not my fault, Max!" He pleaded. Max alked towards the window.

"I promise you, it's not my fault!"

"What's not your fault?" Max cautiously questioned.

Billy sounded weak as he said, "I've done things, Max. Really bad things. I didn't mean to! He made me do them!"

"Who made you?"

"I-I don't know! It's like a shadow, like a giant shadow! Please, Max."

Mallory's heart was breaking and she could tell Max's was, too, "What did he make you do, Billy?"

"It's not my fault, okay, Max? Please, believe me. I tried to stop him, I really did! Please, Max. Please," Billy begged.

Max was crying, "It's okay, Billy, it's going to be okay! We want to help you! You just have to talk to us! You just need to talk to us."

Mallory shuddered and removed her hand from Debbie's shoulder. Her scars tingled as goosebumps rose. Her stomach dropped suddenly like a weight. Will touched the back of his neck.

"He's activated," He said. Mallory looked at Max, face pressed to the window. The older girl started to walk towards her.

"Max, get away from the door," Mallory said, her pace quickening.

"What?" Max took her eyes off Billy to look at Mallory, just in time for Mallory to tackle her down from the window. Although, Mallory was a hair too late. As Billy busted through the sauna door window, he clipped the side of Mallory's face an knocked her to the ground.

"Let me outta here, you bitch! Let me out! I'll fucking gut you!" He shouted. Billy wasn't talking anymore. He pulled the bar and chain from the door handle. Lucas thought fast and nailed him in the face with a sling-shotted pebble. Debbie raced to help Mallory up.

"Mal, are you okay?" She asked. Mallory nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Now, get back," Mallory got up and dusted herself off. Her head actually throbbed and the lights were just too bright.

Debbie looked unconvinced, "You're bleeding."

Mallory waved her off and stumbled back to the rest of the group. Billy shot back up and let out a fearsome roar.

"Oh my god," Mallory said.

"He-He can't get out, can he?" Debbie asked hopefully. Nobody answered her. Eventually, Billy did as he raced into the door, blowing straight through it and releasing him from his trap.

Mallory shrieked. El didn't miss a beat as she telepathically lifted a weighted bar and pinned him against the wall. Both Billy and El grunted and gasped as they fought for dominance in the fight. Billy got the upper hand when he threw the bar and it collided with El.

Mallory raced towards the girl but Billy beat her to it. He seized her hair and clutched it, jerking her head backward. Mallory gasped in shock. The used-to-be-lovers made eye contact. Her eyes pleaded for him to stop. He didn't.

Billy's hand shot out and grabbed El's throat. Mallory, although she knew it was in vain, raced towards Billy and began hitting him as hard as she could. It was nothing but annoying to Billy so he shoved her away harshly. Mallory, once more, landed on the ground and stared at El's small frame being held up in the air, powerless.

Suddenly, Mike came from behind and hit Billy down with a pipe of some sort. El fell to the ground and Mallory crawled over to make sure she was okay. El reminded her too much of Debbie.

"Go to Hell, you piece of shi—" Mike went to slam down on Billy again but Billy stopped the attack with his unbelievable strength. He threw the pipe away from the two.

Billy stalked towards Mike, murder in his eyes. El got up, leaving Mallory's comfort. Just as Mike was cornered, El used her powers again and lifted Billy in the air, restraining him. She kept him up there, walking to be in between Mike and Billy before she hurled him towards the brick way and sent him flying through it.

The battle was done. El sobbed as Mike comforted her. The rest of the group went over to try and help relieve her of the trauma she had just endured.

Mallory slowly stepped towards the large hole in the wall. She saw Billy beginning to get up.

"Billy?" She whispered. His head turned towards her slightly. He turned away and shambled off in a different direction. Mallory was left looking out through the hole and watching her ex-boyfriend's body walk away with a different being inside of it.

The war was far from done.

word count: 2016 (yikers)
date published: tuesday, october 15, 2019, 11:44 am
a/n: sorry it took so long y'all. but i'm getting excited. this book might have 3 acts not gonna lie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 8.5K 60
am i naive to think that he could be the love of my life? [stranger things - post season 2, pre season 3] [female oc x billy hargrove]
113K 3.2K 27
"Last year was, hands down, the worst year of my life, so I'm just trying to turn it back around - by fixing all of my past mistakes... and that's st...
13.8K 270 19
"don't mind my brother, he can be a bit of an......" "asshole?" "hey!" billy hargrove has a soft side for his baby sister! mike wheeler x fem season...
26.5K 302 9
This is based on season 3.