| Midnight | NCT |

By -SANCTZEN-

Werewolf / Gang AU "You have until the clock strikes 12 , Cinderella" ... Started : August 14th 2019 Finished... More

Introduction
127
Dream
wayV
Prologue
}1{
}2{
}4{
}5{
}6{
}7{
}8{

}3{

2K 94 19
By -SANCTZEN-

"Like I've said before , You need to pay up before Friday , if you don't , not only are you dead , but so am I" Taeyong hissed gripping onto the boys collar as he held him against a wall.

"T-Taeyong I k-know I'm sorry . I have the money and the drugs , I-I do It's just I had to use the money , F-for my brother and a-sister" Jinhwan stuttered out.

"Jinhwan, I like you I really do but you know I can't take anything back ,You're a good kid but I can't keep letting you off like this , I need that money by Friday night and if you don't have it by then , we'll let's just hope you do" Taeyong said dropping the boy from his hold and walking off somewhere else.

Taeyong took a look back and noticed how Jinhwan was sitting against the wall he was just held up against , his head in his hands, He was crying.

Taeyong all of a sudden felt uncomfortable, he honestly felt like shit every time he's had to do that to someone , but it was survival of the fittest , what else was he supposed to do?

...

Jinhwan sat with his knees pressed to his chest , it was hopeless , he had the money he really did but ever since his parents had abandoned him and his siblings at the beginning of this year , they were desperate, they needed the money, Jinhwan so badly wanted to pay Taeyong back and he was planning on it , but with him working 2 jobs and trying to go to college and look after his two other siblings , it was hard, he just wished Taeyong understood that.

Jinhwan wiped the stray tears from his face and he sniffed aggressively standing up , he knew he was done for and frankly he wanted to admit defeat and embrace what was coming his way because he was over it , over the hardship and struggle but he couldn't , he had two younger siblings to look after , His younger sister Jieun who was new to the school just only starting this year and his younger brother Jisung who was in his last year of highschool. He wanted to be there for them , he really did but he was also utterly and royally fucked.

...

Jieun smiled at the Japanese boy sitting across from her , she paid attention to everything he was talking about and she knew she would do anything for the charming boy even if they haven't had their first date yet, Jieun's phone buzzed and she quickly glanced down looking at the text her brother had sent her.

"Yuta , I'm sorry but I have to go now , My brothers waiting for me out the front" Jieun smiled at the boy standing for her spit and packing away her books, Yuta was helping her study for her Japanese class that she had signed up for a month ago.

"Oh yeah that's cool , I have to catch up with Doyoung anyway , you have my number right?" Yuta smiled making the girls heart flutter, Jieun smiled and nodded watching as Yuta packed his stuff away too.

Jieun was in a mental battle with herself , she wanted to go in for a hug but wasn't sure if that's where they were up to in this so called 'relationship'.

"Well , I'll see you around?" Yuta asked rocking back and forth on his feet , Jieun smiled nodding but not making a single movement.

"Yeah , well bye" Jieun smiled again picking her folder up off the table and finally walking away kind of disappointed because she was a pussy.

Jieun smiled to herself hugging her folder tighter as she walked around to the front of the campus seeing her brother parked in front car on and waiting for her , She sat in the passenger seat and smiled to herself.

"How was your day?" Jinhwan asked , Jieun hummed nodding to herself.

"It was cool , you?" Jieun asked her brother who only shrugged , she could tell he was upset but her brother was never the type to say anything , so she didn't push it.

Jinhwan made his way to their shared apartment and waited in the car while Jieun went inside to grab some clothes for their little brother , Jieun came out a couple minutes later and got back into the car bucking herself in.

"I was talking to his doctor" Jieun started a conversation with her older brother. Jinhwan hummed in response.

"Did you know the dudes only 20? He finished high school early and had received an apprenticeship when he was 18 and was able to get a job at Seoul's National Hospital, if that ain't something to brag about I don't know what is" Jieun scoffed half heartedly , Jinhwan nodded along not really caring.

"Jisung seems to like him too , I think it's good for him , Ever since his friend Chenle went back to China for the year , he's been really lonely , I can tell" Jieun sighed leaning her arm against the door and leaning into it, Jinhwan was quiet but still nodded nonetheless.

...

Jieun lead the way to the hospitals elevator pressing Jisung's floor number, Jinhwan pulled the straps to his bag closer , it was full of spare clothes for Jisung who may be able to get out soon.

The elevator dinged finally reaching the floor after a couple long seconds and the doors opened, Jieun was the first to leave the elevator skipping down the hall to her brothers room , Jinhwan followed along and just as he was about to enter his brothers room he was pushed back falling into his back.

Jinhwan took a sharp breath and watched as his brother was being hauled out and rushed down the hallway still on his bed , he was unconscious, Jinhwan got up hastily running into the room to see Jieun and Jisung's doctor.

The doctor was facing the wall hand on his mouth .

"Mark , What happened?" Jinhwan asked the young doctor.

Mark turned around shocking Jieun and Jinhwan by his appearance, Mark was covered in blood , his arms , chest and even his mouth , his eyes were glossing over and you could tell he was seconds away from crying.

"He was flatlining , I had to" Mark broke down wiping his tears , Jinhwan watched as Marks teeth came into view and they shrunk in size. No!.

"No! no no no no no , You didn't" Jinhwan shouted at the doctor that was younger than him, Mark closed his eyes clenching tightly.

"You said there was a chance his body would reject it , How could you?" Jinhwan said angrily rushing towards Mark and gripping his collar.

Mark wasn't going to fight back having the upper hand , He let Jinhwan yell at him as tears trailed down his face.

"Jinhwan I had to , He was going to die" Mark whispered , Jinhwan scoffed pushing Mark from him and throwing the bag off his back and into the corner of the room leaving the room slamming the door .

Mark was left there frozen , he had to do it , there was no other way , it was either watch his patient die before his eyes or save his life , Mark looked over at Jieun who didn't know what to think, the two older siblings knew about Marks little secret, they trusted him with their brothers life and they knew his decision making was best but there was also this looming thought that what he had just done wasn't going to work.

"Jieun , I'm sorry , you've got to understand I had to" Mark sniffled , Jieun held her hand up silencing the young doctor feeling her heart break before she ran out after her brother.

Mark took a couple steps back sitting in one of the visitor chairs in the room.

Park Jisung , 17 suffered from heart failure , it was discovered when Jisung had gone into Cardiac arrest and he had lost consciousness at school last week , this was when Jinhwan was planning on paying back Taeyong but had to use the money to pay for Jisung's hospital expenses.

Mark was doing his usual rounds today and stumbled upon Jisung's room, Jisung was always happy to see Mark he didn't feel as lonely in this big hospital when Mark was there to keep him company.

1 hour ago

"How's my favourite patient doing?" Mark laughed walking into the room and picking up Jisung's clipboard recording a few things onto the pages.

"I'm good, just tired" Jisung yawned to himself laying back in his bed , Mark chuckled before finishing what he was doing and putting the clipboard back.

"So I was told , You might be able to be discharged today Jisung" Mark smiled at the younger pulling a chair to sit beside Jisung's bed.

"Really?" Jisung asked dramatically excited , Mark laughed ruffling the boys hair and nodded.

"We'll just have to sort out a few things with your brother and sister before we can discharge you" Mark smiled , Jisung nodded feeling a little light headed.

Mark noticed how Jisung laid back in his bed feeling drowsy all of a sudden, Mark could hear the silent thuds of Jisung's heart beat slowing down each minute, Marks eyes widened in shock hearing the heart monitoring machine beep.

"Jisung, hey buddy , stay awake" Mark lightly smacked the side of Jisung's face trying to keep the boy awake, Mark pulled out his work phone ringing the front desk.

"Hello , this is Dr Mark Lee , I need assistance in room 34b with patient Park Jisung , please hurry and bring a defibrillator" Mark whispered harshly putting the phone away.

When Jisung didn't respond Mark started to panic, he pressed the emergency button he waited for more assistance, his heart was failing, if his heart stops he would have to wait until one of the other doctors could get here with the defibrillator.

Mark pulled the lever on Jisung's bed making the bed drop flat , Mark could hear the heart monitoring machine beep a long and continuous sound that signalled he was flat lining, Mark locked his hands together attempting to do CPR.

5 minutes had passed and Mark was starting to feel his heart pounding, his hands were sweaty and he couldn't stop , not now.

"What the fuck is taking so long" Mark cursed to himself continuing with his heavy chest compressions, Marks mind whirled and he felt like he was out of options .

"I'm sorry buddy" Mark said tears brimming his eyes , he closed his eyes feeling heat rise in his stomach, Marks eyes burned and his teeth grew.

Tears fell from Marks now red and fiery eyes and he looked at Jisung and how pale he had gotten , it was now or never, Mark leaned over feeling his teeth grow and he did something he didn't think he would ever have to do , he bit him.

Jisung gasped feeling teeth puncture his shoulder and Mark closed his eyes feeling blood pour into his mouth , Mark held his breath trying not to swallow any of it , Jisung sat up and he closed his eyes tightly feeling his body burn.

Jisung's body reacted and his heart started beating , faster than ever , Mark withdrew himself from Jisung and he could see how his body was covered in blood , Jisung relaxed back into his bed and Mark closed his eyes a stray tear leaving his face and falling onto Jisung's bed.

Mark could hear the sound of Jisung's heart beating and he sighed , Jisung's body reacted to the venom that now courses through his veins and Mark watched as Jisung started to seize , Mark didn't do anything, he couldn't do anything without disturbing the changing process, Mark took a step back and watched Jisung.

Loud footsteps could be heard running down the hallway and several nurses had finally entered the room finding Jisung's state , One of Marks colleagues gasped stumbling upon the sight.

"Ten, take him to an empty theatre room, make sure they don't inject him with anything , you know what to do" Mark whispered all of a sudden feeling weak, Ten nodded and with the help of the other nurses they had rolled Jisung out of the room.

Mark closed his eyes tears leaving his eyes , he didn't want to do it , but he had to , there was no other way, Mark sighed to himself feeling his eyes shift in colour and teeth shrink , Mark turned around facing the wall lifting his hand to his mouth to keep in his sobs.

Mark heard footsteps and his heart lurched turning around , he watched as Jieun and Jinhwan looked at him in horror

"He was flatlining , I had to" Mark broke down wiping his tears, he had to , there was no other way.

"No! no no no no no , You didn't" Jinhwan shouted Mark closed his more eyes clenching tightly tears falling from his face.

Ohhh but he did .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 357 15
"we'll take the highway to heaven. let's just see where it goes." started: 7 August 2019 ended: 6 September 2019 + lowercase intended + violence
834 31 27
"you thought you could win against me huh?" "we will see" "can you watch you are going" "I am! it's you that weren't watching where you are heading" ...
53.3K 1.4K 36
hatred that will not go away and dreams that torture me. started~ 2-22-19 ended~ 6-25-19 lower case intended >:0 if u think dragons aren't cool fight...
549K 26.9K 102
❝you find as he'll i won't you.❞ ❝what?❞ ❝oop you weren't supposed to actually see that..❞ ✘ nct instagram au HHYUNGGU 2021