When Silver Met Gold

By IEscapist

Musca ~ There he stood, with a naughty glint in his very rare, unique enigmatic brown eyes that had golden sp... More

Subscribe
When Silver Met Gold Is Getting Published!
SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE
Copyrights
Covers
Prologue
Chapter 1 - My New Life In Pakistan
Chapter 2 - The Competition
Chapter 3 - Coffee
Chapter 4 - Rejection
Chapter 5 - Namahram
Chapter 6 - Memories And Tears
Chapter 7 - Chef Aaliyan
Chapter 8 - Madrassah
Chapter 9 - The Dinner
Chapter 10 - The Date
Chapter 11 - A Surprise
Chapter 12 - Shopping With Aaliyan
Chapter 20 - Caught
Chapter 13 - Inquisitive Sky
Chapter 14 - Under A Spell
Chapter 15 - In Love With Silver
Chapter 16 - The Divine Books
Chapter 17 - In Love With Gold
Chapter 18 - Phone Calls
Chapter 19 - The Snow And The Fireworks
Chapter 21 - The Sweet Torment
Chapter 22 - Musca, The Housefly
Chapter 23 - You're My What?
Chapter 24 - We're Going Home
Chapter 25 - You Stole My Stars
Chapter 26 - Changa Manga
Chapter 27 - Call Me Ghazi
Chapter 28 - The Locked Door
Chapter 29 - Mother Of Narcissism
Chapter 31 - A Fuming Asmat
Chapter 32 - Musca, The Anti-Nikah
Chapter 33 - I'm Your Cousin
Chapter 34 - Emotionally Drained
Chapter 35 - Falling off a cliff
Chapter 36 - My Home
Chapter 37 - A Sky Full Of Stars
Chapter 38 - Why are you so Bold?
Chapter 39 - Aaliyan, the Shy Girl
Chapter 40 - Long live Aaliyan Bhai
Epilogue - Silver And Gold
EndNote

Chapter 30 - The Broken Button

147 20 10
By IEscapist

Storms don't last forever.

I adorned myself in a golden lengha, jewelry, pretty makeup and let my hair loose. Asmat told me she was already at Zara's when I called her. I had to go alone now. It was midnight and I was praying that I won't face uncle Mubashir downstairs else he wouldn't let me go out so late.

In the living room, second floor, Ghazi was typing away on his laptop, while he glanced back and forth at his notebook and the laptop.

"I'm going, would you like to come?"

"No," he chirped, not diverting his attention. I shrugged.

"Arey Musca, you're going to the Mehendi function?" Mami just came out of her room.

I turned around and smiled. "Yeah, would you like to come?"

"No, I was going to sleep, came to check on Aryan, he needs to sleep too." She explained. "Who are you going with?"

"Alone," I beamed, the sweet woman gave me this feeling of smiling for no reason.

"No, that's dangerous." She was shaking her head. "Aryan, go with Musca." She ordered.

"I'm busy, I'm sorry, ask Bhai. He is in the study room." Ghazi didn't even tilt his head up.

"It's alright Mami," I tried to convince her. She had already headed to the study room. I facepalmed and sat beside Ghazi.

"Please come with me, I don't want to go with him!" I begged but to no avail. "I'll give you my car for an entire week."

Still no response, "Okay, for a month, now come on!" and again no response.

Mami and Aaliyan emerged from the room. Aaliyan mumbled to her. "I'll get ready mummy." and ascended the stairs. Mami told me to wait and went to her room.

I sat there for twenty minutes with Ghazi, who seemed so busy like he was inventing a new language. I gritted my teeth at the plotter, he smirked in reply and then yawning he took his things and disappeared.

Aaliyan was nowhere. I was starting to yawn, my feet in the golden heels already aching. I thought not to go but then I felt hurt thinking about all the effort I put into getting ready would be wasted.

With the thought of going to Aaliyan and shouting at him, I got up from the couch and ascended the stairs. I flung open his room's door without knocking. The exciting fragrance of his perfume welcomed me by engulfing my senses. I could not help but take multiple whiffs.

He stood before the mirror, spraying perfume on his neck. He saw me in the mirror and beamed welcomingly.

"Aren't you a girl?" I asked, crossing my arms on my chest.

He turned around, in navy blue Salwar Kameez, his hair set back with gel and black Pakistani traditional shoes - he had my mind working in rewind motion and then forward motion.

Wild thoughts swirled around my mind making me dizzy. If he didn't deceive me and if I was not pretending to be stoic-faced I'd be straddling him! This was my crazy subconscious. I shook my head to clear my mind.

"You tell me," he grinned, the stubble on his face only made him look hotter. "Do I look like a girl to you?"

I took a sharp breath. "You take time getting ready like a girl," I said as he took multiple steps across the room and stood before me.

"Come, we are already late." I turned and took a step forward but got pushed back harshly, the dupatta in my neck almost choking me. Did he just catch my dupatta? I asked myself and turned around in astound. But, to my dismay, my dupatta was stuck in a button on his Kameez.

An amused smirk danced on his damn hot face. "About seventy percent population of girls in Pakistan dream of this moment. To get their dupatta stuck in someone's watch or button. Congratulations you have won that opportunity."

I in reply, frowned deep and tried to free my dupatta from his Kameez's button quite aggressively.

"Careful," he warned. "It's my new outfit."

I just needed to know that, I forcefully snatched my dupatta away, and the button came out with it.

Aaliyan had a shocked expression on his face. "Musca! He snarled.

"Ops sorry," My teeth were on display.

"Now you have to fix it." He grabbed my upper arm and shook me furiously.

"I won't do such a thing," I sneered, fuming and hurt for unknown reasons. "I don't want to talk to you, listen to you, live with you or even see your ugly face."

"Ugly?" he raised his eyebrows. Arrogant stupid hot ugh!

He freed me, went to his dressing table, opened a drawer, and took out a box of cookies. I squinted. Why would he need cookies at this time?

He opened it and got a thread reel and a needle out. I had to suppress my laughter. What? Why would he have things like this in his room? And why he would place them in the cookie box?

"It was pupho's, she used to sew my broken shirt buttons," he might have seen the weird expressions. I nodded, a similar feeling of gloom spreading in my chest and the other moment - on his words - it was replaced with fury.

"Today you will fix this."

"I won't." I shook my head, thinking I would never make things easy for him. I strode to the door only to take a step back - it was opened by Sara.

The burning of my heart was back. This late at night, without knocking, why was she marching into his...Aaliyan's room? I wanted to throttle her pretty neck.

"Oh Sara, thank God you came, this button came out, can you please fix it for me?" Aaliyan had all the happiness from the entire universe gathered in his voice.

A deep scowl decorated my face, I turned around, he had picked up the button from the floor, in one hand, he had a needle with thread in it and the other had the button.

"Um, I don't know how to, but I'll try." She displayed her pretty dimples.

"There's no need," I put my hand on my mouth but it didn't stop from shouting, "I'll do it."

I stomped my feet and went to Aaliyan, snatched the button and needle from him. I was so frustrated and defeated that I wanted to whine. I didn't dare look at his face, knowing he was clamping his lips to suppress his triumphant smile. It would have only burned me more.

"Aali! I came to give you your phone. You forgot it in the study."

Sara's voice was free of any particular emotion but my heart still caught fire. Aali? Oh, nicknames.

Sara put the phone somewhere and I heard the door closing. I fixed the button on his shirt. But just to feel some sort of satisfaction I attacked Aaliyan's chest with the needle.

He winced, "Ow careful."

I only did it again. "Musca," he growled. I giggled enjoying this. 

"Where're the scissors?"

"Don't have them." He replied carelessly.

"How do I cut this?" I felt the heat creeping up my cheeks, before even listening to his answer.

"With your pretty teeth?"

I gulped and tried to cut the thread with my fingers but the button was coming off. I stitched it a little more and finally dipped my head into his chest.

"God, I can't reach it." It was difficult, my teeth couldn't reach the thread properly.

"Theek se karo! [Do it properly] 

Ordering, he put his hand on my head, practically pushing my head into his chest. I rolled my eyes, groaning against his chest. he laughed huskily, enjoying this. I wanted to kill him.

Finally and with huge difficulty; I cut the thread. 

"It's done." Giving him the needle, I announced.

"Thank you!" he went to put the things in the cookie box and put it in the drawer. Turning to me, he asked. "Chalien?" [Shall we?]

I nodded.

The car moved on the well-lit empty city roads. The drive was silent most of the time but I simply felt electricity whirling with the wind. His fragrance and this closeness had put me into a difficult situation and cherry on the top my dirty damned mind kept whispering things to me about Aaliyan that turned me on like a bulb on Christmas. I was ruined.

Aaliyan's fingers brushed against mine, I shivered at the little touch. Ignoring that, he took my hand into his and put them both on my thigh.

I freed my hand from his grip. "You're na mahram!"

I had the audacity to say this to him when I kept thinking every dirty stupid thing for him in my mind. Yep like I am not turned on at all.

He laughed his husky laugh, making me shiver. Damn!

"Alhamdulillah, at least you consider me a na mahram, all you're my cousin rubbish is over."

I did not have a mouth to reply at that moment I was enthralled by his addicting laugh. God, I had missed this.

"I miss you Musca," Aaliyan mumbled, we both were thinking the same thing, "I miss you so much."

My throat went dry and my heart thumped against my chest on his words. I licked my dry lips. "Me too," I said and turned my face away, controlling my emotions, afraid I might start crying.

Then we were silent the entire ride.

At the banquet, Aaliyan and I sat on the couch as my eyes roamed around the entire hall. Girls looked pretty in traditional clothes and boys, in Kurtas and Salwars, everyone danced together. Loud music, loud chatters, and laughers were in the air.

I could have enjoyed this but I knew no one, only Asmat and she was busy with her huge social circle. She stayed for a few minutes with me but someone else grabbed her. She seemed guilty but she went away anyway. Suddenly, I had a headache, with the loudness of the ambiance, I had never liked loud places. I was feeling sick, and Aaliyan felt it.

"Do you want to leave?" he asked concerned. I nodded immediately. We headed out, Aaliyan took my hand into his, it was a genuine gesture because there was a crowd and he wanted to protect. Reaching the parking lot, we got into the car.

"Why were there those men that day at our house?" I asked remembering, as Aaliyan drove the car out of the parking lot to the road.

"To survey, I'm making a house there. I'm shifting." He stared straight and sped the car on the empty smooth track.

"Because of me?"

He turned his head towards me, beaming he bobbed his head, unaware that it made my heart clench.

"Why don't you ask me to leave?" My voice cracked, my emotions put great efforts to humiliate me in public these days.

"Because I don't want you to."

We stayed silent after that; I was trying to keep my emotions on the bay. I wanted to snatch and throw them away but it was impossible and I was fretting.

Staring at the hill's rough road, I cleared my throat and asked. "Why do you always take this way? The other road is much easier and you don't have to go through the hills."

He inhaled and exhaled, the change in his demeanor didn't go unnoticed. "That road...my dad's accident happened on that road, I can't...bring back bad memories." He exhaled through his mouth.

"I'm sorry I-"

The car halted with a screech, jolting us both.

"What happened?" I frowned.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Let me see." He unbuckled his seatbelt and got out.

Outside, he opened the bonnet of the car. I got out as well. Aaliyan was coughing as the smoke came out of the car with its weird smell. Aaliyan went back to the car, turned it off and brought a water bottle. He put the water in the engine slowly with small pauses. Then, he went to the driving seat. However, the car didn't start, making him groan.

"We would have to walk." Aaliyan came out and said. "I know a shortcut, it won't take long."

I shook my head but did not say anything. How would I walk with five inches pencil heel on the rough bumpy road?

Aaliyan locked the car, putting the keys in his Kameez's pocket, took his phone out, and turned on the torch. He came to me and grabbed my hand.

Walking through the hilly track for a little time now, silently, we were lost in our thoughts. The track was dark and tall trees surrounded us. There was only the cricket sound that entertained us. If I was alone strolling this late at night, I could have been scared but Aaliyan's presence was like a shield, I felt protected.

My feet were aching with each step I took and when it got unbearable. I stopped.

"What happened?" Aaliyan stopped too.

"My feet hurt, the heels are killing me." I sat down on the track, full of dirt, old leaves and rocks not caring I was wearing my brand new lengha. Quickly, I took my heels off.

Aaliyan observed me with astound. "Pagal ho bibi? You'll hurt your feet."

I pressed my feet to release the pain and stood up. As I walked, the small rocks hurt me but not as much as the heels were. God, why did I wear them? 

Maybe you wanted to look like Sara! I hated my subconscious.

"Musca, you'll hurt yourself, let me give you my shoes," I turned around at his words, he was already taking his shoes off.

"No," I took two steps towards him and yelped as something pierced into my feet painfully. Tears nipped in my eyes; I bit my lower lip harshly.

"Kya huwa?" Aaliyan was astonished.

"S-something...in my foot," I said with difficulty. It hurt so much.

Aaliyan crouched down hastily and took my foot into his hand. I put my hands on his shoulders for support. Seeing the wound with the help of his phone Aaliyan winced, "Musca."

A screech left my mouth when stupid Aaliyan ruthlessly took the sharp object out of my feet. "It hurt, you idiot." I slapped his head. He only glared up at me. Taking his handkerchief out of his pocket, he wrapped it around my foot firmly.

"It's bleeding a lot, it was a thin stick, it has cut too deep." He worriedly said and stood up. I was still holding his shoulders, as my foot dangling in the air, Aaliyan's arm protectively snacked around my waist.

Tears spilled from my eyes, first because of the pain and second I was so frustrated these days I searched for opportunities to cry.

"Don't you dare cry," he chided. "Why don't you ever listen to me?

I only cried more, wiping my cheeks "Your stupid car broke down, it's not my fault."

He sighed heavily, calming himself. "Acha na I'm sorry, don't cry."

I pouted, there was no way I was able to walk with my injured foot. What will happen to you Musca?

Aaliyan replied by picking me up, I yelled in surprise. "What are you doing?"

"Whatever you're seeing." Sarcastic ass!

"Put me down now!" I demanded.

"I don't have time to spend the night with you here, and hear you cry." He said, coldly.

I clenched my jaw as my tears picked up speed. "I hate you!"

"We both know that, now hold me tight, it's difficult to carry your weight. Why do you eat so much?"

"Shut up!" I hissed.

"Musca," he pleaded. "We have to start moving."

I circled my arms around his neck. "What about my heels, who'll pick them up?"

"I'll buy you new ones." He started walking. I tightened my grip on his neck. Sensing the stinging sensation in my foot, I whimpered and sniffled.

"Does it hurt too much?" Aaliyan asked, anxious.

"No, I'm acting." I spat at him. He chuckled in reply.

I buried my face into his neck and whimpered again, not because of the pain in my foot but because of the pain in my heart, the tears had stopped but I could feel them dried on my cheeks.

"Are you really leaving the house because of me?" I mumbled into his neck, my lips moving on his hot skin.

"No, I'm having a new house-made because of you."

"It's the same thing," I whimpered.

"It's not, from where I'm seeing this and...you're just stupid."

I bit his neck cruelly, causing him to growl. "Musca, I'll throw you away."

I bit him again, causing him to groan again. Satisfied with my doings, I sank in his mesmerizing scent. Tightening my grip on his neck I put my head on his shoulder, feeling more peaceful than I had in the past months.

"Do you love me?" I mumbled.

It was the first-ever time the L-word was mentioned between us seriously. We tempted, seduced, teased each other, talked about being married, even how our children would look like but no one – not me, not Aaliyan had ever mentioned love.

Aaliyan stayed silent. I put my hand on his cheek and turned his face towards me. Even in the darkness, between looming trees, I could see that he didn't meet my gaze.

"Do you love me Aaliyan?" It was still a mumble.

He stopped walking, "I don't know." His husky voice had firmness.

"Then, why do you care?" I became defensive. He shook his head to remove my hand from his face. I put it on his shoulder. Aaliyan began taking steps forward.

"Because, you're my cousin," he replied plainly.

His words burned me from head to toe. "Don't you dare cousin-zone me!"

His expressions were neutral. I stared at his face with a newfound ache in my heart and without any regrets, I kissed his hot stubbly jaw.

"I love you." And I hate myself for loving you!

"Then why wouldn't you marry me?" he sounded tortured.

"Because you're my cousin."

"Now, you're cousin-zoning me," he clenched his jaw.

"I can do it, you can't," I announced and put my head on his shoulder. "I can do whatever carelessly, but you'll always care for me. You won't do anything that would hurt me, always take orders from me, and never ever get into any relationship with anyone. Never. Even if you turn sixty you'll be mine, only mine. That's your punishment."

"Bus? That's all?" He questioned with sarcasm.

"Of course I thought to tie you on your bed and tease you but it would be inappropriate." I clamped my lips to hold back a grin. Aaliyan's hot skin became hotter. I could sense his light olive skin turning red. "So, for now, yes, I'll tell you when I have more ideas for punishing you."

"And you won't even marry me?" he was wounded.

"That, I can't say, let Allah decide this for both of us." I sighed. "Do you accept your punishment?"

"Let Allah decide that too," he said with annoyance, getting a laugh out of me. I shut my eyes and kissed the hot skin of his neck, drowning in his scent again, it forgot me the pain in my foot.

I wished, my life was not a cyclone! I could simply marry him; love him without being guilty and have him all to myself. I thought before a blurry haze consumed my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

992K 40.5K 36
He wanted to hate her, to shred her faith viciously before he lost himself in her eyes again. * * * * Amira had a dysfunctional family, an older brot...
120K 6.3K 49
DISCLAIMER: hi guys I'm going to be editing and rewriting this book completely so if you don't see the chapters or if you see a notification saying I...
43.7K 2.6K 28
There are endless examples of "girl hates boy, boy makes girl fall in love, boy and girl live happily ever after" stories. This is just another one...
102K 2.8K 41
PREVIOUSLY NAMED 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' "Why did you do this to me? WHY ME? AN ALREADY BROKEN girl? Why did you show me a fake world and...