My Lionheart (Cullen Rutherfo...

By victoriaGeg

Eleanor never thought she will become a leader of the Inquisition, even fall in love with a Templar. The one... More

Introduce
Characters
Chapter 1 "Kirkwall"
Chapter 2 "Lost Love"
Chapter 3 "Herald of Andraste"
Chapter 4 "Showing off"
Chapter 5 "Hard Decisions"
Chapter 6 "My Lionheart"
Chapter 7 "Inquisitor"
Chapter 8 "Bad Dream"
Chapter 9 "Sweet Apology"
Chapter 10 "The Assassin to Catch"
Chapter 11 "The Assassin to Catch" part 2
Chapter 12 "Simple as breathing air"
Chapter 13 "To Love the Enemy"
Chapter 14 "To Love the Enemy" part 2
Chapter 15 "Love or Hate"
Chapter 16 "Where beauty goes to die"
Chapter 17 "Goodbye My Lover"
Chapter 18 "Found You"
Chapter 19 "Take me Home"
Chapter 20 "Reunited Once More"
Chapter 21 "True Love Never Dies?"
Chapter 22 "Like day Like night"
Chapter 23 "Come back with me"
Chapter 24 "Eluvian"
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 "From an Enemy to a Friend"
Chapter 27 "Temple of Mythal"
Chapter 29 "Memories to behold"

Chapter 28 "Well of Sorrows"

252 9 3
By victoriaGeg

"The end has come and I am not afraid."

Her heart was beating much faster than it was supposed to, her hands shaking as she watched the scene in front of her. There was no going back now, not that she would leave if there was. She was ready, or at least that's what she was telling herself all these days she had before seeing Corypheus again. He was barely a few meters away from her and she wanted more than anything to get some more distance between them. Her fear didn't lessen when she saw him die. She couldn't believe it. It was too sudden, too simple. But nevertheless, she made her way downstairs to take a closer look. 

-This can't be it." She murmured looking at his body disappearing. Gazing towards the entrance to the Temple she saw Samson turning around. If Corypheus is dead, why would he continue on? 

-What in the world?" she heard Morrigan murmur behind her. Turning around she noticed black smoke surround a dead Grey Warden as he started twisting is weird ways. Realising what was happening she grabbed Moriggan's arm pushing her towards the bridge leading to the Temple.

-Run! Now!" she roared. The unbearable scream echoed in the forest, the scream she could only identify as the Archdemon. Closing the doors behind them she felt a little relieved. "This won't hold long." 

//////////////////////////

By the time they reached the well she was already more than exhausted. All the fighting drained her energy faster than she expected, however, she knew this wasnt over yet. It was beautiful, she thought once she saw the well from afar but her eyes were quickly focusing on something far more interesting. Her staff was in her hands once she made her way downstairs, her eyes focused on the back of Templar's figure. She knew every single curve of the person. The dark hair, the stance. The voice.

-Samson, sir, behind you!" one of the Red-Templar's shouted pointing at her. He turned slowly, too slow to her liking. He knew already who it was, there was no rush to it. A smirk was playing on his lips once he fully turned and looked at her. This wasn't the man she remembered. His hair was wet from the sweat, stuck to his forehead. Dark pupils surrounded by red. A chuckle left his lips before he spoke.

-My love, you finally made it. You've hunted us halfway across the Thedas, I knew you will follow us into this hole." his voice made her shiver. It has changed since the last time they met, gotten far worse than she expected. 

-You know I love travelling, the Inquisition takes me to all sorts of weird places." she walked a few steps closer still holding to the staff in her hand. 

-You came too far this time! Corypheus choose me twice, first as his general now as his vessel for the well of sorrows." he looked so proud, so happy. It made her sick to see him like this, pathetic. "You know what's inside the well? Wisdom."

-Ah yes, you always lacked that one, Raleigh. All your life you made poor choices. You think the well will change anything?" his brows furrowed at her question however he shrugged it off stepping a little closer. Her hand shot up once Cassandra drew her blade in response, however, she stood down. 

-Not all the choices I made were bad." he smirked making one more step closer. "For example, I met you. I fell in love with you." her staff had now small flames surrounding it. Not because she was about to attack, she couldn't control it. Her emotions were running free. "But then I fucked up." he spoke again. "And then you ran to him! Tell me, Inquisitor, is he better than me? Does he make you feel safe? Or maybe it's the title that seduced you? After all, I had none."

-You know I never cared for titles. We both made poor choices. Mine was to believe in you. I should have never left my family for you! However if I wouldn't have done that, I would have never met Cullen."

-Enough I don't want to hear about that brute!" he shouted drawing his blade. "I don't want to kill you but you leave me no choice!"

-Do you really think you can kill me, Raleigh? Don't be stupid. Surrender and you'll live." She said calmly.

-I will bring Corypheus the well's power and if I must your head!"

-You are insane and I'm not sure what it is that made you this way but I'm done hoping you will change." Her voice was calm but powerful, she was done fooling herself, the man in front of her who she once loved more than anything was not the same man as before. The rune that she kept in her bag the whole time was long forgotten, she didn't want to make this easy, she wanted to prove once and for all that she wasn't just some mage leading rebels against Corypheus, she was a worthy opponent. And even perhaps the only true opponent. 

As her companions focused on the templars surrounding them, Eleanor attacked Samson. Using every spell she knew, ranging from fire to lightning and even frost but he was once a templar. He knew the simplest mages tricks and therefore she needed something else. Something worth his while. Something she didn't know she had it in herself, something she couldn't control. She remembered the feeling of fire in her eyes, the overwhelming need to release something that over the years has been building up in her.

She wasn't proud of that one time when she managed to use this power. Many people died and the ones who actually survived were never the same after. Lost in her thoughts, Eleanor didn't notice when Samsom came running into her. She hit her back into the stone behind her and unfortunately with the impact her hand released her staff.

-I should have killed you when you saved that pathetic mage on my dining table!" He spat grabbing Eleanor by her neck. "You make me sick, to think that I could have fallen for a witch! A demon wh..." She wanted to let him finish but as soon as her hand grabbed a hold of his dagger hanging on his hip she pulled it out and stabbed him into the shoulder. His hold on her neck released her and she didn't want to wait any longer. Eleanor, the graceful, beautiful elegant lady from the Free Marches found herself jumping on the man in front of her pushing him towards the ground. He was surprised when instead of feeling cold stone underneath all he felt was cold air against his back.

///////////////////////////

Varric, Cassandra and Solas stood there for a while, processing what just happened in front of their eyes. They were gone. Both Eleanor and Samson disappeared into thin air.

-I believe that what she meant when she said she can travel between places with just the blink of the eye." Varric amused. All three of them quickly turned around the well. Morrigan and the leader of the elves were both in the middle of the fight. Clearly she wanted the well but only one of the companions knew what it truly was.

-I believe you should back off, Morrigan." Cassandra interrupted. "Please, we are only here to make sure that the mirror doesn't get into Corypheus's hands."

-Yes, your leader already mentioned that however, this woman here proves her to be wrong."

-I. Will. Get. This. Well." Morrigan spoke as her hands ignited the fire allowing the flames to dance around her fingers. She lunged herself at him but suddenly was pushed back by an invisible force. Opening her eyes slowly she noticed a figure appearing in front of her. Eleanor was seated on the top of Samson's unconscious body. Her legs trapping him underneath her. Inquisitor looked down at his calm face, her eyes wide and muscles tense. Realizing she was in the middle of something, Eleanor jumped up looking at the scene in front of her.

-Did I miss something?" She breathed out. 

-This elf seeks to destroy the well of sorrows!" Morrigan exclaimed, a little too dramatically for Inquisitor. Eleanor furrowed her brows looking towards Abelas.

-So the sanctum is despoiled at last." He stepped back looking between the two women in front of him. 

-You would have destroyed the well yourself, given the chance." Morrigan continued with her accusations. Folding her arms, Inquisitor looked towards the gates feeling a little too anxious. She knew he was getting closer, there was no time to lose. "You'd let your people's legacy rot in the shadows!" Morrigan continued.

-Enough, Morrigan!" Eleanor hissed, she had enough of her arrogance, disrespecting Abelas wasn't going to get them anywhere. 

-You cannot be honestly..."

-I said, enough! I told you this already, you are here under my wing, under Inquisitions wing so do as I told you or leave." Morrigan knew better than to object, giving the Inquisitor one last full of hatred glance she sighed.

-The well clearly offers power, Inquisitor. If that power can be turned against Corypheus, can you afford not to use it?" She asked changing her tone to a more calm one. 

-Do you even know what you ask?" Abelas looked away from the two. "As each servant of Mythal reached the end of their years, they would pass their knowledge on... through this." He motioned towards the well. "All that we were. All that we knew. It would be lost forever."

-I understand that it's not easy holding on to what is left. But you must understand one thing. If I don't take this well then Corypheus will and I can promise you one thing. I will do anything in my power to stop him but I cannot promise that I have enough in myself to do so." Abelas nodded in understanding. 

-You may have the well with one condition. You will take it." Her brows furrowed, she didn't think it was possible to feel both relief and disappointment. Slowly she gave him a nod stepping closer to the well.

-You cannot be serious!" Morrigan protested but was held back by a hand.

-That's enough, Morrigan." Cassandra warned looking past her to the inquisitor. 

-Let's get this over with."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A/N

New chapter! It is honestly unbelievable and amazing how this story reached 9000 reads! I am thankful for everyone that gave up their time to enjoy something I created however we are nearing the end and honestly I cannot be happier about this. It's been such an honour to share this story with you guys, I am thankful for the support and positive feedback.   

See you all in the next chapter <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 27 8
(Complete) A simple Fanfiction about the game, Dragon Age: Inquisition. A little thing that takes place, post game, with Ellana, (My Inquisitor) roma...
27.6K 1.6K 106
After six years in Kirkwall, Cullen never thought he'd see the mighty Hero of Ferelden ever again until one night when she appeared unannounced in hi...
2.8K 135 23
Varric Tethras can't stand holding back the truth about Marian Hawke after the Inquisitor leaves her in the Fade to die. What he can't stand more is...
30.9K 1.1K 33
When Cat suddenly lands in Thedas from present day England, she is rescued by the powerful Commander Cullen Rutherford and taken to Skyhold to serve...