It takes two

By Unknown_writer4268

When Joe signed up for Strictly, never expected to fall for Dianne. What more he didn't expect was the adorab... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine

Chapter thirty

1.7K 35 8
By Unknown_writer4268

Dianne felt the December breeze make itself known that Sunday morning, despite being cuddled up to Joe as she always was. She had even went the length to get an extra blanket in the middle of the night, desperate to crawl back into bed and wrap her arms around him like a koala bear.

She stirred, burying her head into his shoulder a bit more, feeling his arm in turn hold her tighter, cuddling her more. Once her eyes had fully opened, she smiled, his cute morning self being one of the best things to wake up to. 

"Why is it so bloody cold?" she whispered, still baffled as to why she felt as though she was in the Antarctic and not in the comfort of Joe's arms.

He chuckled, hearing her speak although his eyes remained shut. "Good morning to you too, love."

She chuckled. "Sorry, morning cutie pie. Good sleep, despite the cold?" He nodded, opening his eyes and letting them more or less instantly shift to the sleepy red head.

"Yeah, as good as it could get. You?" He wiped his eyes, letting them adjust to the bright morning light for a moment.

"Yeah, same as you. I wouldn't be surprised if it snowed soon." He nodded, kissing her temple softly.

"Me neither, I don't think it's snowed for a good few years. England is weird like that, it's freezing but you don't get any snow." She giggled, seeing him pout. Dianne hadn't actually seen real snow before, so was hoping that maybe it would.

She sat up, looking out the window. "That's a shame. I've never actually seen real snow before, but I've seen it in movies." Joe nodded, although it hadn't taken him by too much surprise, given that she had lived in Australia her entire life.

He sat up too, running a hand through his mop of brown hair, which had gotten quite long to the point where he looked like Arthur Shelby out of peaky blinders. "Oh you haven't, well in that case I really hope it snows, you'd love it."

"Yeah, but a girl can dream. What's the time anyway?" Joe checked the time on his phone, smiling at his screensaver which was a picture of them at pride of Britain.

"Nine. Not too bad at all." She nodded, unfolding the duvet and getting out, quickly putting on her dressing gown before opening the door.

"I'm just going to make us some coffees, and Em a hot chocolate as I'm sure she's feeling the cold too." Joe nodded, smiling over at his girlfriend.

"Alright, I'll be out in a second." With that she left, and left Joe's mind to wander, not through snow but a sea of thoughts, all pleasant.

Six months ago, he was a single lad living with his best friend and hadn't gotten close to a girl since he was fifteen, and he would hardly call that close. He was always working, always finding often stressful ways to distract himself for the underlying loneliness of his life, his life that had been locked away from the world of love from so long. He had begun to lose hope, begun to wonder if maybe he'd ever love, ever find someone to hold at night, to be himself around and to grow old with.

Yet here he was, six months later, with the love of his life and her incredible daughter, both of which meant the absolute world to him. He hadn't felt this way about anyone, and hadn't known what love was or how it could change your life and make you the happiest you've ever been. But when he met Dianne, he instantly knew, as when you know, you know. He knew he loved her, and when she told him about Emelia, it if anything only made her even more lovable, knowing she was this amazing role model to a mini human, one he was prepared to love just as much as he loved Dianne, each in their own unique ways.

He sighed contently, reminiscing over the past, embracing the present and hopeful for the future that was to come, the one he knew was with his two girlies before getting up and wandering into the bathroom where he looked in the mirror, a man who had changed, for the better.

Dianne switched the coffee machine on, looking around the apartment. Six months ago, she had been in her apartment and hadn't expected any of what had happened to happen. She had been single and had no intention of getting close to anyone, scared they'd leave because of Emelia, scared they'd shy away from the responsibility that came with being in a relationship with someone who had a child. Even if she did end up with someone, she would have been reluctant to let them be a part of Emelia's life, worried they'd leave and break her little heart, the one that had been empty of a fatherly love for six years, despite the unconditional motherly love that Dianne had provided.

That was until she met Joe. When she met Joe, she knew. When she told him about Emelia, he was nothing but supportive, and that spoke volumes to the Australian about just how right he was for her, someone who was everything she had ever wanted and more. Going into the relationship, she prayed that he would at least take interest in Emelia, he would be different to other guys. He had exceeded all of her hopes and expectations, to the point where she trusted him with her child and saw him as the person who could potentially fill the father shaped piece in Emelia's heart, the piece that had been missing for six years.

She had been so in thought that she hadn't noticed him creep up behind her until she felt a kiss to her cheek, his soft lips sending a flush of magic over her slightly tan skin. "You okay, you seemed deep in thought."

"Yeah, I'm just thinking." Feeling his arms wrap around her from behind, she sighed into his embrace, turning around and putting her own two hands on his shoulders, tucking her head under his chin, which rested over hers gently. The two of them fit together perfectly, as though they were a puzzle, or a family pendant, the third piece in her room dreaming of when one direction would get back together.

"Penny for your thoughts?

"Just, everything." she started, finding the words for her thoughts. "You, you've shown me that we can't do things on our own." He nodded, wanting her to explain further.

"Like, before I met you, one of the main reasons I had avoided relationships was because I was scared that whoever it was wouldn't accept Emelia, and so I always told myself that if I did go into a relationship, I would be her sole go-to, I wouldn't let anyone else in."

Joe couldn't help the smile that broke out on his face, feeling his smile lines almost cut at the overwhelming feeling of happiness. What she had just said, made his heart flutter. In a sense it told him that she had let him in, and that she trusted him.

"But with you, you've really changed things. You've helped me overcome that lack of trust, and I trust you Joe, with me and with her, you..." She felt tears come down her cheeks, feeling him hold her tighter. "You are the only person I would trust her with like this."

He felt himself get a little heart while he held her close, kissing the top of her head. "I'm glad you trust me with her, I love her Di, as much as I love you, so much."

She sobbed, happy tears freely falling. "We both love you too. You've taught me so much, and taught her how to spell, which is great because there's no way I would be able to."

He laughed, hearing her laugh too. "I mean I think I'm decent but you should enroll her into lessons with Zoe, she's amazing at spelling." Dianne untucked her head, grinning up at Joe.

"I might give that a go actually."

"Yeah, I'll speak to her. And as for what you said before, you've taught me loads to, both of you." He started, clasping his hands behind her back. "You taught me to dance, obvious one." She chuckled, very obvious indeed. "And you've just taught me to love as well, truth is, I haven't felt like this about anyone."

She smiled, his words making her heart skip a beat like his sentimental words never failed to do. She looked into his deep blue eyes, nodding and encouraging him to continue.

"You've made me so much happier, happier than I've ever been. And as for Emelia, god, where do I begin." He glanced over at the door, hearing Dianne chuckle. "She's helped me grow up, mature and be more responsible. I mean, I'm still a big kid anyway, but she's brought out this side to me that I never thought I had. You've both made life a million times more special, and I love you both. Have I already said that?"

She chuckled, tucking her head under his chin again. "Maybe a few times, and we both love you too, so much. Life is so special with you, and Emelia. I couldn't imagine it with anyone else."

He kissed the top of her head again, feeling complete. "Me neither, just the three of us. Sounds quite nice, doesn't it?" He chuckled, seeing her untuck her head again and look up at him, softly smiling and clasping her hands around the back of his neck.

"It does. It sounds wonderful."

He smiled, the two of them leaning in and meeting in a smiling, romantic kiss.

Their lips began to move one another, all the overwhelming and fulfilling emotion from the last conversation conveyed in the kiss, the kiss that lingered for a few moments, and felt like a lifetime. A lifetime of love, before they slowly pulled apart, looking lovingly into each other's eyes with the look of love.

The same look of love they had back in week one, the look that hadn't changed but only grew stronger.

"I love you Joseph, to the moon and back again."

"I love you too." He pecked her lips, feeling her kiss back before he spoke again.

"Now, where is that little monkey anyway?"

///

A/N: And that is it for this book! Honestly, I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of support this book has received, it truly means the world to me and I cannot thank you enough! So, I suppose I should settle the question on weather there's going to be a sequel, and...

YES!

I am so excited to be writing a second instalment as their story is far from over!

Once again, I am so thankful for all your support and can't wait to see you in the second book, which will be out hopefully tomorrow!

I love you all to the moon and back again,

See you in book two!

- Poppy x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 69 20
Joe is madly in Love with Mila Kunis but the only problem is that Mila doesn't even know he Exists. When Joe Joins Strictly and is paired with pro da...
66K 2.3K 78
First Book. Second Book is called Forever Yours Joe and Dianne meet a few years before strictly then get partnered together. They don't know what to...
9.8K 194 11
Watch as Joe and Dianne's worlds come crashing down.
16.2K 553 39
What happens in Hawaii stays in Hawaii! But what happens if Hawaii was nothing like anyone expected?