"shhh"

By princess_creations

one horrible night in melody's life changed everything. she lost her father, her mother and her older sister... More

chap 2
chap 3/ how they look
chap:4
chap:5
chap:6
chap:7
chap:8
chap:9
chap:10
chap:11
chap:12
chap:13
chap:14
chap:15
chap:16
chap: 17
chap:18
chap:19
chap:20
Chap:21
chap:22
chap:23
chap:24
chap:25
chap:26
chap:27
chap:28
💕

chap 1

16.1K 429 133
By princess_creations

"Melody baby you have to be quite" my mom said as we were hiding in the bathroom. 

Truth be told, that was the fifth noise I made. 

Granted, I was scared for my life.

Not long ago, two armed men broke into my childhood home inquiring my father about some money. 

Forcing and eventually having their way with my dad, we went upstairs to the bathroom in an attempt to hide and be spared from a grim future. 

As my seven-year-old mind tried to calm itself I quickly became frightened as the yelling coming from downstairs made its way up. 

Nervously and subconsciously I walked backward bumping into the shower, letting out a yelp as the noise pushed my nerves over the edge. 

Products begin falling in the dome-shaped tub making a loud thump as they land in their resting places.

"What was that?" one of the men asked " Is someone home?" the other one asked in a more argumentative tone 

"Shit melody shhh" my sister said to me tears, rightfully swelling in her eyes as she looked at me pleading. 

We weren't normally allowed to say bad words, typically this would be the point my mother started a lecture. 

But alas this was nothing of a typical day let alone situation. 

Just like clockwork, I began to hear hard loud footsteps hit the stairs as they made their way to the upstairs bathroom. 

My stomach dropped and my breath hitched in my throat. 

"Come" my mother spoke lowly yet stren. 

My body became motionless as my head felt light. I went to move my legs but it was like I was sinking into the floor around me. 

My Mom rushed over to me as she knew we had little to no time. 

The footsteps became closer as they rounded the corner, soon approaching the bathroom door with my father held hostage. 

My mom grabbed me up and put me in the closet behind some bins. 

She then turned to my older sister grabbing her, yet due to her recent growth spurt, she was too big. 

"Tub now" my mother spoke again and my sister understood immediately. 

As the man began kicking at the door I saw through a crack in the almost closed door. 

My mother preparing herself for the worst. 

We locked eyes as she said what would soon be her final words 

"I love you, my girls" 

The door gave out, and without asking any questions the man shot my mother. 

Her womanly-built frame collapsed as the bullet made contact with her fragile chest. 

Walking out, heading to my father's office the men left my mother's lifeless body like scum. 

My sister, thinking the coast was clear, arose from her position looking over my mother. 

Her knees gave out, and she hugged my mother's body. 

"All you had to do was shut up and shhh" she said 

Though not looking at me, I knew she was talking to me. 

My heart began aching in my chest. 

My breathing began picking up speed, I wanted to move and get out. 

I wanted to see my mother. I wanted my father. 

I still wasn't fully sure of all that was happening. 

Yet one thing my young brain fully understood. 

My mother was gone because of me.

My limbs felt heavy against the bins, I was stuck under the weight of cleaning products, bathroom supplies, and pure guilt. 

Footsteps came back into earshot. 

I attempted moving again to warn my sister, knowing my speaking would only make things worse.

The man entered the bathroom again to the scene of my 13-year-old sister crying over my dying mother's body. 

Swinging first, he hit her with the butt of his gun, he cocked the gun as he aimed it. 

Caught off guard by my father's sudden pleading he shot only near her. 

Between the hit and the bullet fragments that came from the gun, my sister was knocked out. 

Presumably dead along with my mother.

As he dropped to his knees, the man turned to my helpless father. 

"Is there anyone else here?" 

"No there's no else," the broken, weak image of my father  said 

With that, the masked man shot him, twice, in the chest and walked away 

Hearing the front door close I somehow found the strength to wiggle my way out of the closet. 

Tears weld in my eyes as an uneasy feeling built up in my body. 

I went to my father's side looking over him. 

His eyes slightly open, I grabbed his head placing it on my small lap like we would do at story time at night time.

 "Wait Daddy, please don't go" I said seeing him struggle to keep his heavy eyes open. 

His eyes looked up to me, glazed over and bloodshot. 

He smiled a pain-filled smile as he spoke. 

"Ohh princess, daddy will see you one day until then I will always be right here with you" he pointed a shaky finger towards my heart.

Grunting aloud from the pain, he went into his pocket.

Pulling out his lucky ring he placed it in my small hand leaving a kiss on it as he closed my palm around it.

"Now get out of here baby girl, hide somewhere" I looked at him as his eyes slowed closed

"no Daddy wait don't leave yet!" I said tears flowing from my face like a river

"Daddy has to go baby girl, I love princess, I'll always love you," he said as his lifeless head fell in my lap.

"no no no I'm sorry please no guys come back I'll be quiet I promise don't go no Daddy, Mommy no please," I said trying to shake them hoping to wake them up

I pleaded with their lifeless bodies until my body shook from sadness and an undescribed pain. 

I laid my head on the cold, wet bathroom floor. 

Wishing to be taken away with them, I closed my eyes tightly. 

*Hours later*

"Looks as if 4 dead bodies"

 I heard someone say I got up and looked at the black woman's back that was facing me as she spoke into a black phone that had a stick coming out of it. 

"Can you help my daddy?" I said as she turned around her face surprised

"Actually 3 dead bodies and a little girl" she said

 As she came closer looking me over, trying to see if I was bleeding, I saw the gun on her side and screamed

"please wait I'll be quiet don't shoot me too please" The woman looked shocked as she picked me up placing me in her arms.

Frightened, yet helpless I allowed her to take me. 

Saying the prayer my mother taught me in my head as I knew for sure this was the end for me as well. 

"Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray to the lord my soul to keep-"

My thought was interrupted by her speaking to me.

"No baby I'm not gonna do that I'm here to help you," she said walking me out of the bathroom i waved goodbye to my now-dead family. 

Walking me to my living room we passed many people, old, young, tall, and short. 

She handed me to my older brother, Khalil. 

He and Trey were out on business.

"Hey baby where's dad?" he said putting me down as both of their eyes looked at my bloody outfit.

Placing all the puzzle pieces together at that moment they just hugged me and put me in the car.

They asked me several questions all of which I did nothing but nod my head yes or no or did nothing at all. 

I had just short of nothing to say, it was all my fault. 

I was always called a chatty cathy, a noise maker, a clumsy no good. 

All in a joking manner of course, yet this was no joke. 

My no-good ways cost us everything. 

"What happened Mel" my 16-year-old brother Trey asked turning around and staring into my eyes.

Tears froze in my eyes, unsure really of how to answer that question. 

I said the only thing that made sense to me at that moment. "if only i was quiet"  

A few tears fell from his eyes as he quickly wiped them away, still looking at me waiting for more of an answer that I could not give him. 

"I'm sorry Trey" I said hoping he would forgive me 

"It anit yo fought baby girl" he said turning around, not before giving me a slight smile.

But it was. 

it was all my fault.

 all because I couldn't be quiet for five minutes.

They are gone.

Mommy.

Daddy

My sister. 

All gone.

 More tears fell from my face as I stared out the window. 

Looking up at the sky I said in my head 

'I made a promise to the heavens. I'll be quiet, I promise to shhh'

——-💛
"shhh"
thoughts 🥺

part 2 of this book is now out you can find it on my page check it outt
I'm slowly updating this story so beware of tons of miss spelling and errors. please beware. thank you.

*This part has been updated and edited *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 5.7K 32
Stacey 20 never had the best childhood, she was single handedly raising her 4 year old daughter. She wanted to give Maddie the best life she could gi...
340 0 41
Her parents and oldest brother died in car wreak and now her and twin brother are living on there own. The bad boy posted a video of her falling and...
514 182 12
My life is changed forever and there's nothing I can do about it. ⚠️Thank you to alexkidkk for helping me edit this book.⚠️
2.4K 78 32
She is broken He is not She has been betrayed He's the betrayer What will happen when these two finally meet will they fall in love or...