The Infinite White

By Hayley_JayD

*Edited Lily was scorned by her Mate, after returning home to her family and the troubles she thought she lef... More

Authors Note
Chp. 1 - My Mate's Alternative
Chp. 2 - Last Straw (Edited)
AUTHORS NOTE
Chp. 3 - Senior Year
Chp. 4 - Missing You
Chp. 5 - Different States of Emotion
Chp. 6 - The Confrontation
Chp. 7 - I forgive, But won't forget
Chp. 8 - Lose Control
Chp. 9 - Accepting
Chp. 10 - Love Triangle
Chp. 11 - The Hunters
Chp. 12 - Clearing the air
Chapter 13 - Vulnus
Chp. 14 - Unexpected Arrival
Chp. 15 - Broken Dance
Chp. 16 - The Mighty Have Fallen
ATTENTION READERS!
Chp. 17 - Awaken
Chp. 18 - My Turn
Chp. 19 - The Warrior Inside
Chp. 20 - Moves and Counter Moves
Chapter 21 - Trust Me
Chapter 22 - The Mystery of Julian
Hey Guys!
Chapter 23 - Memorial Hill
Chapter 24 - Little Wolf
Chapter 25 - Two Steps Behind
Chapter 26 - Infinite White
Chapter 28 - The Clearing
Chapter 29 - The Escape
Chapter 30 - Broken and Bruised
Chapter 31 - Revelation
Chapter 32 - The Birds, The Bugs & The Breeze
Chapter 32 - The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Chapter 33 - Ascension
Chapter 34 - Pledge Allegiance
Chapter 35 - Peace Treaty
Chapter 36 - Seek the Truth
Chapter 37 - Gag Order
Chapter 38 - From the light of Today to my death Tomorrow
Chapter 39 - The Head and the Heart
Chapter 40 - No-Mans-Land
Chapter 41 - Decisions
Chapter 42 - Change Fate
Chapter 43 - Painless
Chapter 44 - Howls on the Wind
Chapter 45 - Truth at a funeral
Chapter 46 - I Chose You
Chapter 47 - Silver Eyes

Chapter 27 - Delta

4.3K 130 6
By Hayley_JayD

For it is she with hair of white

not bound to moonlight

the blood of the first runs in her veins

Her power released from loyal chains

When the dark returns to feast again

And blood becomes rain

The infinite White will lay her claim

And with her might the beast be slain

The words played on a loop in my head, I haven't been able to focus since Alpha Viceras spoke to me, uttering those words, in front of a lot of my friends and wolves of the pack. It was silent within the shed once Alpha Viceras stopped talking, admiring the new features that had appeared during my fight with Cole. 

Reflected in the mirror before me is someone I don't recognise, my once dark hair had become the colour of snow, my canines were elongated and my nails sharpened, even my eyes weren't the beautiful silver I had loved, a shade of green had infiltrated my iris turning it to a light almost pale green. But these features aren't permanent as I had come to find out, I returned to my normal looks after I shifted out of wolf form. I shifted as soon as I exited the shed and ran straight for home, Cole knew better than to follow me and I told Holden to leave me alone after he tried to convince me to calm down. Alexis and the others weren't sure what to make of it and didn't try to push the issue. 

It's a fight or flight response, this facade or glamour comes out when I feel threatened or afraid, or angry, when my heart rate spikes basically and I don't know if it's permanent or not, or what triggered it but it's getting harder to think the story of the infinite white as just an old wives tale. 

Lily... She whispered to me, 

"You know what's happening don't you?" I ask, though it sounded more accusatory than questioning. 

I am your wolf, but before you I was Hers. I was unsure if you were her incarnate, I didn't think She would be needed again, until I saw that wolf in the clearing and when Cole told that story, I knew that you were who I believed you to be and you are a part of something bigger. 

"Im glad everyone's so sure of who I am" I snapped, staring at the stranger in the mirror, I decided to calm myself, closing my eyes I slowed my breathing, emptied my mind and felt my heartbeat decrease in speed. I check my teeth before opening my eyes, the canines for back to normal, opening my eyes I see my eyes, the silver eyes, the dark hair, I was me again. the girl I was born. Lily. 

***

It didn't take long for word to spread, of course Alpha Viceras would have explained it all to Alpha Knight and I was summoned. 

The pack house was pretty much empty but those wolves that roamed stopped and stared, I head for the main office, the Alpha's office and inside were a lot of wolves, all eyes on me as soon as I entered. Alpha sat at his desk, Alpha Viceras leant up against it, Holden, Cooper, Cole all standing awkwardly, Tala sat on the couch unbothered by having been the only female in the room. As I walked into the room, I felt Luna walk in behind me, she moved right over to her husband and stood behind me, like a good Luna does. But the other important wolves that speak for the other families were no where to be seen, not even my own parents were here. 

"Lily, please come in" Alpha gestured for me to move further into the room and I decided to stand with my back to the book case so I can't be surprised from behind. 

"Lily, I just want to apologise for surprising you earlier, I had thought about discussing it with you first and helping you transform so you were ready and willing, but when I saw that your transformation had already happened, I just got too excited and made a spectacle of you, that was not my intention" Alpha Viceras spoke, breaking the silence, 

"Thank you" I nod in his direction, I had never felt so small in my life, so scrutinised by others.

 Holden made his way over to me and stood beside me, I was anxious but I tried my best to steady my heart rate and with a single brush from the back of his hand, my anxiousness melted away and I was able to calm the rumbling storm that had started to build inside me. 

My eyes flit around the room and land on Cooper, his eyes trained on where Holden's hand touched mine, a frown forming on his brow, I looked away before he caught me staring. 

"Lily, honey we understand this must be quiet a shock, we are all still unsure as to what this means, know that we are all here for you" Luna soft voice seemed to carry the tension away with it, she always had a demanding presence and soft voice, which made her impossible to ignore. 

"What it means is that Lily is the one who is going to protect wolf kind" Alpha Viceras cut the silence with his knowing words, standing from the Alpha's desk he walks closer to me, which had Holden tilting his body slightly closer. 

"But why me?" my voice sounded more sure than I thought it would, I felt about the size of a mouse but I wasn't going to let them know that. 

"The Infinite White's real name was Poppy Aranda, she was born in the desert, she was the daughter of an Alpha, and when her time came she was an amazing leader, the Desert Wolves were the largest and strongest because they could survive in any conditions. Poppy grew in strength, her abilities unlike anything we've ever seen, she didn't believe she was special, her story and the people who believed in her made her that way. When she faced that demon wolf, she knew she wouldn't survive but did it anyway, laying her life down for the pack and then her pack did the same for her. She knew this wouldn't be the only threat that the wolves would face so to ensure that when the darkness did come again, we would be able to fight, to have a leader. So the wolves consumed her, consumed her essence and over time it flowed through the lineage until it reached you Lily. She awakened within you, knowing you would be the one willing to do anything it takes to protect the wolves, which you have done already, without even knowing who you are meant to become" 

He was so close to me now, so believing, so sure of what was coming, of who I was, that Poppy had chosen the right person, but I wasn't deserving of this. 

Before I could say anything Cole moved closer to me, 

"I know you're thinking you can't handle this, that you are not who we all believe you to be, but Lily, before you found out that the Infinite White chose you to become our warrior, were you not already prepared to do whatever it took to protect the wolves?" I couldn't say no because I was, the wolves are apart of me, I am one of them why would I not want to protect them, 

"I am a wolf, why would I not want to protect them?" I rebutted, 

"Yes but I am also a wolf and though I love our kind, if it came to defending my pack or yours I would chose mine without hesitation, what would your choice be?" he asked, 

"Both" I answered, "There is no one way or the other, there has to be a way to protect everyone" I could feel Holden smile beside me, his warmth filled my body, he was proud of me. 

"I would annihilate all the hunters in the war, what about you?" he was trying to get a point across I just wasn't sure what it was yet, 

"Not all of them are bad, they've been fed misinformation, fuelled by hatred and anger without all the facts, not all of them want to fight, they are driven to by family tradition. Some are just kids, who are forced into by their parents, wanting to prove themselves to them, it's not their fault, they don't deserve to die because of it" 

Cole smiled at me, 

"This is why you have been chosen Lily, your need to protect the innocent, to protect all, is why Poppy Aranda chose you, why the wolf inside of you is stronger than most, making you stronger than most, it's how you have survived everything you've been through. Your own personal strength and might is enhanced with the essence of the Infinite White. We are at war with the hunters but you have tried so hard to make sure we don't go to battle, but they are not the darkness that calls Her spirit forth". 

"The demon wolf" I whispered, 

"I am unsure if that wolf in the clearing is the wolf that legends foretold, but he is an omen of what's to come and you Lily are the only one who can stop it". 

Tala stood from the couch beside me and moved toward me, her eyes so intense, 

"My mother was from the Night Blood Pack, my father was a Sapphire Shadow so she relocated here. She always told me the story of the Infinite White, I grew up believing in her, before you could even transform my mother told me you were special and when you shifted, and I saw your coat, I knew it too. I watched you, as you grew, when you would train, fight, how you would handle situations and when you chose to join the defence line I decided to take you under my wing, to bring you up, train you to take over because I knew we would need you, even if it wasn't in my lifetime, even if it wasn't a great darkness you had to face, you command a room, the wolves look to you, despite everything that has happened, they want to follow you, they feel the need to listen to you, you were born a leader Lily, you've been a leader your whole life and now you must lead us. I will be with you every step of the way, but now is your time" I wasn't sure where this was going, Tala stepped back from me and faced the Alpha who stood from his chair, I was unable to read his emotions, how he felt about all of this, he tried to condemn me for getting too close to the truth, how does he feel now knowing I am the foretold Infinite White reincarnated? 

"Alpha Knight, I hereby step down as the Delta of the Sapphire Shadows pack. I will no longer lead the defence line and in my stead, I appoint Lily Dexter, as my successor, she will be Delta and Leader of the Defence Line, it is my wish, but she can only be appointed with the agreement of our Alpha" I held my breath, what was she doing? I wasn't ready for this, I couldn't do it not now I already had so much going on, why is she doing this?  

"I here your request Tala, you have been an exemplary Delta and I thank you for you service, but I still have my concerns regarding Lily's mental state and her positioning in this growing conflict. At this point in time I am not convinced that Lily will be able to protect the pack and lead our warriors, so I am afraid I am going to have to decline your request Tala. You will remain as the Delta of this pack and appoint a new successor in the meantime in case Lily is unable to prove herself to me and the pack". 

My blood ran cold, everyone in the room went quiet, Alpha Viceras looked like he was about to explode, Holden was silent beside me, I could feel his want to reach out and hold me. Tala looked dumbfounded, 

"I'm sorry Alpha but I'm about to speak out of turn" she announced, 

"Lily has been nothing but a warrior and a defender of our pack, you may not have agreed with her methods or some of things she has done but everything she has done is for the pack, to protect the pack, I fully believe she would die for us" Tala's face had gone red unable to believe what the Alpha had said, I could feel my wolf inside me growing angrier with the insinuation that we were not fit to lead the pack. 

"I have yet to see what you see Tala and until I do, Lily will not be stepping up as the leader of our warriors". 

Tala stormed out not waiting to be excused, 

"You are making a mistake" Alpha Viceras voiced before exiting as well, Cole following behind him. 

"Lily, you may go" the Alpha dismissed me and I couldn't get my legs to move, so Holden grabbed my hand and started to walk me towards the door. 

"Holden you stay" Alpha demanded. I look back at him as we get to the door way and Cooper stands beside him. I can tell he wants to defy his father and come with me, so I shake my head, and squeeze his hand telling him I'll be ok. Holden let go and turned around and Cooper decided to walk me out while Holden closed the door behind us. His anger and anxiety flooding me so much so that I didn't know what ones were my own emotions, so I decided to go for a run to clear my head. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 88.8K 55
Kidnapped from her pack and abused since childhood, when Arden finally wanders free into the arms of her mate, how long until her demons come looking...
108 27 28
Lily's been through a lot. Her 16th birthday was a night to forget. There's a coven plotting something big and she is stuck in some prophecy that she...
32 0 2
When shy, quiet Lily leaves her over-protective parents and sets off to University with her best friend, Ed, she has no idea of the fantastic, magica...
170K 3.6K 44
"When Mila meets Asher Woods, she's thrown headfirst into a supernatural rollercoaster where she learns about werewolves and other beings that she ne...