Taken

By _Just_Nikki_

Amberlynn Grace has been best friends with Niall Horan since she was 5 years old. When she was 15, Niall left... More

Taken
Introduction
Chapter 1: Graduation
Chapter 2: Dinner, A Party, and a Reunion
Chapter 3: Packing Up and Moving Out
Chapter 4: Plane Ride
Chapter 5: Welcome Home
Chapter 6: Full of Surprises
Chapter 7: Five Best Friends
Chapter 8: Amusement Parks and Wave Pools
Chapter 9: Sweet Revenge
Chapter 10: Something's Different
Chapter 11: Tours, Tigers, and Dares, Oh My!
Chapter 12: Off With The Leg Hair
Chapter 13: I Wish That Was Me
Chapter 14: You Found Me
Chapter 15: Party Time
Chapter 16: You Again
Chapter 17: Let Me Love You
Chapter 18: Not How Expected
Chapter 19: Can We Work it Out
Chapter 20: A Promise I'll Keep
Chapter 21: This Changes Everything
Chapter 22: Nothing I Do Better
Chapter 23: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 25: I'm Gonna Make You Mine
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
Sequel

Chapter 24: Leave it All Behind

108K 2K 770
By _Just_Nikki_

--Niall's P.O.V--

I continued staring at the door, my mouth hanging open. Louis' words kept playing over and over again in my head. 'She's in love with you, you idiot.' The words wouldn't stop. They just kept playing. Kept repeating. Over and over.

A grin stretched across my face. She loves me. I love her. I stood up. She loves me. I moved towards the door, and right as I opened it, and moved to step out, Tess appeared. I glared at her.

"Baby." She said, grabbing my arm, and pushing me into the room. "I didn't mean anything by it, I swear. It was an accident. You know I love you. Now, I'm willing to give you a second chance, but first you have to get rid of Amberlynn." I scowled, disgusted, and pulled my arm from her grip, taking a step away.

"Do NOT call me that. I am not your baby. Didn't mean anything by it? Yeah, you did. Don't even try to say it was an accident. You can't accidentally cheat on someone. You knew exactly what you were doing." I moved back towards the door, stopping and turning around before walking into the hallway. "We are over, Tess. I love Amber. Not you. Go complain about that, you whiny, spoiled brat." I turned, and walked into the hallway, slamming the door in her face.

I fought through the crowd of people, looking for either Louis or Amber. I didn't see them, but I did find Harry. I made my way over to him.

"Harry!" I yelled. He looked up at me.

"Hey, Ni!" He yelled happily. I smiled.

"Have you seen Amberlynn or Louis by any chance?"

"Yeah, Amber ran through here about ten minutes ago. She was crying. Louis followed about five minutes later. He seemed upset."

"I'm sure he is... Thanks, Haz." I walked away, trying to dodge the people, but still be quick. Finally, I made my way outside. I looked around for Amberlynn, but couldn't find her. Instead, I spotted Louis, standing next to the van, his back to me. "Lou!" I shouted, and ran towards him.

I came to a stop in front of him, getting a good look at his face.

"Lou, what's wrong? Where's Amberlynn?"

"She's gone." He said, his voice quiet as he brushed his fingers against his red rimmed eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"She's going to stay with her parents."

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Why didn't you stop her?!"

"I tried!" He yelled. "Don't you think I tried to get her to stay? She hates me! She said to never talk to her again. She hates me because I told you she loved you. She was going to tell you herself, but you didn't break up with Tess. Do you have any idea why Amber and I broke up? I didn't like the fact that my girlfriend had more feelings for someone else than she did for me."

"Lou, I-"

"I'm not done!" He snapped. "You know that day at the zoo? Amber met Tess there. She was calling Amber names, and saying she didn't deserve you. You know that night she had the panic attack? She saw you and Tess making out. You know that day at the interview where Amber and I admitted to dating? Tess told Amber to stay away from the both of us. You know the night you and Amber made up, and then you went for a ride with Tess? You saw the marks on Amber's face didn't you? And when you asked her about it, she told you it was a carpet burn. Tess slapped her. That same  night, Tess kissed me."

I could feel anger bubbling up inside of me as Louis spoke. All of those awful things that Tess did.

"Amber planned this. She knew Tess would kiss me, so she planned the whole thing to make you break up with Tess so she could tell you how she felt."

"That's what she was trying to say to me. And I interrupted her."

"Yeah. You told her you didn't break up with Tess, so she refused to tell you."

"But I did break up with her! After you told me about Amber, I dumped Tess!"

"Why did you wait?" Louis asked, clearly frustrated.

"Because..." I whispered. "I love her, too. I was only dating Tess because I didn't think Amberlynn would like me like that."

"Well, she does." Louis snapped. "Now she hates me, and she's leaving because you're a stubborn jackass."

"I have to stop her." I said, moving towards the road so I could hail a cab.

"It's too late! She's gone." Louis called after me.

"It's never too late!" I called back as I hopped into the backseat of the cab.

--Amberlynn's P.O.V--

I walked through the terminal with my luggage. My eyes were red and puffy, and sore, but somehow, tears were still trailing down my cheeks. I had called my parents, and asked them if they had room for me to stay with them at their new house.

"Of course." My mom had said. "We have a room just for you."

"I'm coming." I said.

"A ticket will be waiting for you at the airport." No one asked questions. They just helped. I went to the hotel, and packed my stuff, before getting in a cab, and riding to the airport.

"Flight 319 to Tennessee is now boarding." A woman said over the intercom. I moved towards the gate, putting my luggage through baggage check, and then security, before getting my ticket checked, and climbing on the plane.

I found my seat, and sat down. Reaching into my pocket, I pulled my phone out, and dialed my parents' number. They picked up on the first ring.

"Hello?" My dad's rough voice asked.

"I'm on the plane. I'll be there in a few hours. We don't have any stops."

"Alright. We'll be waiting in the terminal for you. Stay safe,  Amberlynn. We love you."

"I love you guys, too." I said. "I better go. Have to turn my phone off before take off."

"Okay, honey. We'll see you soon." My mom said. I smiled.

"Bye, guys."

"Bye." I pulled my phone away from my ear, and disconnected the call. I turned it off, and slid it back into my pocket, leaning against the seat.

"Please fasten your seat belts." The flight attendant said. I fastened my seat belt, then closed my eyes. Warm tears leaked slowly from under my eye lids. Why was I crying every time I got on an airplane?

I'm always crying, and I'm always leaving someone I love behind.

--Niall's P.O.V--

Once the taxi stopped at our hotel, I threw some money over the seat at the driver, and jumped out of the cab, slamming the door behind me. I ignored him yelling that I'd given him too much money, and ran into the lobby of the hotel.

I ignored the elevator. It was way too slow. Instead, I ran up several flights of stairs before I reached mine and Amber's room. I slid the key into the lock, and shoved the door open when the light turned green.

"Amber?" I yelled. There was no answer. I went into the bedroom to find that her luggage was gone. I cursed, and hastily pulled my phone from my pocket.

I dialed 1 on speed dial, and waited.

'Hey, it's Amberlynn! Sorry I couldn't take your call. Leave a message! Straight to voicemail. Her phone was turned off.

"Amber. Please. Turn your phone on, and answer me! We need to talk. Please, Ambi Bambi." I hung up, and dialed her parents' number.

"Hell?" Her mother's quiet melodic voice came through my phone.

"Mrs. Grace! It's Niall."

"Oh. Hi, darling. How are you?"

"Not very good. Amber is gone. Have you heard from her? Do you know where she is?"

"We just got off the phone with her. She's at the airport."

"For what?" I asked incredulously.

"To come and stay with us in Tennessee."

"I have to stop her! Bye, Mrs. Grace." I hung up, and ran out of the hotel room, shutting the door, and sprinting down the hallway, and then down the stairs.

I made my way outside, hailing a cab, and throwing myself inside.

"Airport! Step on it!" To my surprise, the driver did as I told him. We were at the airport in no time. Once again, I threw money over the seat, and jumped out of the cab. I ran into the airport. I looked up at the flights. There was only one to Tennessee, thank God.

I ran towards the gate, pushing people out of the way. A woman stood there, locking the doors.

"Stop! Please! You have to stop that plane!" I yelled. She jumped, and turned to look at me.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I can't do that."

"You don't understand." I pleaded. "The girl I love is on that plane, and if it doesn't stop, I'm going to lose her forever. Please." I could feel tears building up in my eyes. The intercom buzzed.

"Flight 319 to Tennessee has departed." I kicked the door, turning around, and slumping against it, falling to the floor. I wrapped my arms around my legs, and buried my face in my knees. I squeezed my eyes shut, but the tears poured out. My body shook with sobs.

I lost her.

--Amberlynn's P.O.V--

I walked through the gate, my eyes red and puffy, my face stained with tears. I went through baggage claim, and then walked into the terminal. I immediately saw my parents' faces.

They moved towards me, engulfing me in a hug. I hugged them back.

"Oh, I missed you so much, baby girl." My mom mumbled against my hair.

"So did I." My dad said, pulling me into a hug of his own.

"I missed you guys too." I said after I pulled away.

"Come on." My dad said, grabbing my bags. "Let's get you home." I smiled weakly, and followed them outside. Instead of the small silver car I was expecting, my parents led me to a bright red king-cab truck.

My father loaded my bags into the bed, and then opened the door, lifting me up into the back seat. The two of them climbed in the front, buckled, and pulled out of the airport parking lot.

Half an hour into the ride, I'm slumped over in the backseat, laying down against the soft material. The windows are rolled down, giving me fresh air. I'm sick to my stomach. I'm guessing it's from crying so much. I've cried myself sick. The tears are still coming. They've just slowed down. I close my eyes, and everything fades into darkness.

--Niall's P.O.V--

I don't know how long I sat there. I don't remember getting up. I don't remember hailing a cab. I don't remember the trip to the hotel. I don't remember paying the driver, or making y way up to my room/

All I know is somehow I ended up laying face down on the bed. My phone lay next to me, ringing every five minutes. I checked the caller i.d every time before letting it ring. It was never who I wanted it to be.

After two straight hours of it ringing non-stop, it finally quit, and I was left in silence. A silence that was louder than a room full of screaming people.

The silence only lasted half an hour before there were knocks at the hotel room door. The boys' voices came from outside, telling me they knew I was in here, and asking me to open the door. I only ignored it. The knocking got louder, their voices panicked. I groaned quietly, and placed my pillow over my head, holding it over my ears, trying to stop the sound from reaching my ears.

Finally, the noise stopped, and I was left in silence again. I pulled the pillow away from my head, only to hear Liam;s quiet voice.

"Leave him be, lads. He just lost his other half. He'll come out when he's ready." Soft footsteps, and then nothing.

--Amberlynn's P.O.V--

I opened my eyes. Bright light leaked through a window, and I squinted. I waited a few minutes for my eyes to adjust before looking around. I lay in a king sized bed. The bedspread was blue. The curtains matched. The walls were white, along with my furniture, so that the blue really popped.

It was a beautiful room, but nothing compared to the one I had in London. My home.

I sat up in bed. Groaning when my head pounded. I ran a hand through my hair, and shakily climbed from the bed. Slowly, I walked across the floor to the door, opening it, and peeking out into the hallway. The smell of bacon frying wafted up into my nose.

Hesitantly, I stepped out of my room, and walked across the hallway to the flight of stairs. I moved down them carefully, watching every step I took. I walked into the foyer, and looked around. I didn't know where to go.

"Good morning, sleepy head." My dad said, walking into the room.

"Morning." I mumbled.

"I'm guessing you're lost, aren't you?" He asked. I nodded. "Living room." He said, pointing to the doorway he had just exited. "Bathroom. Dining room. Laundry room. Kitchen. Your mom is in there fixing you a big breakfast." He grinned, causing his eyes to crinkle at the edges. I couldn't help but smile back. "Anyways, I have to go to work. I'll see you at dinner."

"Alright. Bye, Dad." He hugged me. and walked out the front door. I moved towards the door he had indicated was the kitchen. I pushed it open, and sure enough, my mom stood in front of the stove, cooking like a mad woman. She turned at the sound of my entrance, and smiled.

"Morning, Sweetie. Have a seat." She said, nodding towards the bar. I climbed slowly onto the stool. "I didn't know what to fix, so I just fixed a little of everything. I have blueberry muffins in the oven."

I started crying.

"Amberlynn? What's wrong?" She asked, hurrying over to me.

"N-Niall." I choked out.

"I'm sure he's fine, Honey." She said, wrapping her arms around me in a hug. I shook my head.

"That's not what I meant."

"What did you mean?" She asked. I buried my face in her shoulder, and hugged her tightly.

"I love him, mommy."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Weeks passed. The tour ended, and I made no move to go back to London. I knew I would eventually, but I was still ticked off at Louis, and I wasn't ready to face Niall. The two of them were constantly calling and texting me. I ignored their calls, and deleted their texts and voicemails without reading or listening to them.

I wasn't doing it to be mean. I just wan't ready to deal with anything. I hadn't cried since that day in the kitchen, and I wanted to keep it that way. I wasn't any happier though. Anyone could tell I was upset. I wasn't as hyper, and my eyes weren't as bright anymore.

But who could be happy when they'd lost their best friend?

I talked to Beth alot, and she made me feel better, but I still wished I had Niall. She promised to come and visit me in London soon, and I told her I'd let her know when I was free.

One day i was sitting on my bed, drawing a picture of a tiger when my computer started beeping. I had forgotten to log off of Skype after a video chat with Beth. I set my paper aside, and walked over to my laptop.

Video chat request from Liam P. I clicked ignore, and started to get up, but my laptop dinged again. I sat down, clicking accept this time, and the three familiar faces of Harry, Liam, and Zayn appeared on my screen.

"Hey." They all said. I raised my eyebrows.

"Why am I talking to you guys?" I asked.

"We're the only members you don't hate." Harry said. I sighed.

"I don't hate any of you."

"Good. Then you won't have a problem getting on a plane, and flying your butt back here." Liam said.

"Liam, I-"

"Do you have any idea how upset Louis is?" Zayn said. "And don't even get me started on-" Harry reached behind Liam and smacked the back of Zayn's head, causing him to shut up.

"Amber, please." Harry said.

"We miss you." Zayn said.

"Come back for us." Liam said. "Please." I sighed.

"Fine. I'll come back." They cheered. "You guys better be there when I land."

"We will!" I ended the call, and started to pack.

Awe. Poor Ni! And Amber!! Go Louis though for telling Niall how it was, am I right? Haha. Wow. This chapter was really depressing... I'm sorry about that. The next chapter will be better. I have an announcement. After this, there is only one more chapter! Chapter 25! And then, I'm doing an epilogue, so I hope you guys stick around for that!

Oh my gosh... I'm gonna cry when I finish this... :'( Anyways, Remember I'm in the watty awards so every vote and comment counts! Tell your friends!! Love you guys!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 10 40
Written by @AndreaLotter and myself. This is a story about a young girl who knows the boys of One Direction; her best friend is Niall Horan, and the...
11.2K 208 36
A little 4 years old girl named Mia Witmore moved to Mullingar. A little 6 years old boy named Niall Horan was her new neighbor. Years after years M...
610 26 58
!!!!!UNEDITED AND CRINGY AFF!!!!!! ______________ I take slow, unsure steps towards him and place my hands on his tense forearm and he softens at my...
12.8K 247 19
Emma and her mom use to be close. Till her mom married her step-dad. He didn't like that Emma was there and staling all the attention away from him;...