without love | markhyuck

By adorkablemarkhyuck

[COMPLETED] during the joseon dynasty, lives a man named lee donghyuck, the son of the kingdom's state counci... More

|intro|
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen (x)
sixteen
seventeen (x)
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
|end|
|epilogue|

twenty-one

2.4K 143 76
By adorkablemarkhyuck

"how long will you be away?" donghyuck asked sadly and he fiddled with the blanket, eyes following every movement minhyung made.

currently, the latter was wearing his last piece of armor, watching his reflection in the mirror. the order was too sudden. the king demanded the crown prince to lead a small group of armies to take action at the illegal trading that occurred at the side of the nation. it was the intrusion jeno had investigated before and now they had to finally step forward to end it by peace or by blood.

minhyung wasn't fond of the idea of leaving the tanned male alone in the quarter. of course, there were servants and maids but he couldn't really count on them. he just wanted donghyuck by his side. but work is work. he couldn't just disobey the king's words or drop the sword in the middle of the battle and ran back home.

"it's for a week, baby," minhyung sighed, not liking the days he had to count to let donghyuck know.

donghyuck gasped quietly. it was long for him. seven days without minhyung? how was he supposed to sleep when he was already getting used to having minhyung's chest as his pillow and minhyung's heartbeat as his lullaby? he guessed he wouldn't be getting any sleep then.

"that's.. nevermind," donghyuck pouted even more and his face was looking so sullen it grasped minhyung's attention.

the mattress dipped down because of minhyung's weight, sitting near the tanned male. "i know it's long.. but what can i do donghyuck? i can't be the rebellious son anymore when my reputation is getting better, can't i?" minhyung asked softly as his thumb caressed donghyuck's cheek.

donghyuck leaned to the touch and trapped minhyung's hand there for a while. "i'm sorry.. i just hate to be apart with you even if it's because of your job."

minhyung nodded his head knowingly. "i feel the same baby.. i promise you i'll be back safely, alright? will you promise to wait for me?"

"i promise i'll wait for you," donghyuck smiled. "and by the time you get here, i assure you, you'll become a dad."

"then that'll give me another reason to get back home quickly," minhyung chuckled as he embraced the tanned male in his arms.

donghyuck then got up from the bed and followed minhyung heading to the front door. before opening it, minhyung turned around and faced him. cupping the latter's cheek, minhyung leaned forward and donghyuck automatically closed his eyes as he felt a pair of soft and warm lips were against him.

the kiss was slow and passionate, everything that donghyuck needed at the moment. using the chance he had, he savored the feeling while it lasted. seven days without minhyung's touch was like seven days of losing a part of himself.

after for what like forever, they pulled away, heavy breaths lingering in the air. "i'm going to miss you," minhyung said, lips brushing against donghyuck's ones.

donghyuck couldn't contain his sadness that he choked up, "i-i'm going to miss you more.. i d-don't want you to leave.. what if y-you didn't come back?" it felt like a dejavu. unsure if the person he would wait is coming back or not. and most importantly, alive.

"shh.. baby, don't cry. you're overthinking stuff. i'll be back, i promise you, didn't i?" minhyung soothed the tanned male as he rubbed his back, running his palm up and down in a gentle manner.

"but i-i can't help it.." donghyuck hiccupped as he held tightly onto minhyung's shirt.

"you need to let me go now donghyuck, they're waiting," minhyung muttered softly as if he was afraid to break the latter, even more, well it was true though. minhyung had learned that his donghyuck was indeed fragile that needed a lot of care to handle but he didn't mind at all. he would do anything for him if that meant happiness for both of them.

donghyuck reluctantly loosened his grip, pulling his face from minhyung's shoulder. minhyung sighed and cupped his face once again--swollen eyes, the trail of fresh tears ran down along his heated cheeks and the red and runny nose that donghyuck tried to sniff but to no avail, were on minhyung's display.

the calloused pad of minhyung's thumbs was wiping any stain on his lover's face. "it hurts me seeing you cry like this, what should i do?"

"i'm sorry minhyung," donghyuck's lips quivered, preventing himself from acting weak again. to think back of his previous action, donghyuck knew very well he was being selfish, wanting minhyung all to himself when actually he had an important task to settle. sighing heavily, donghyuck let out a half-hearted smile and composed himself. "you need to go now," donghyuck said.

minhyung nodded his head with concern was shown on his face as he watched the tanned male slid open the door. outside of the house, at the yard, renjun was waiting for the crown prince. donghyuck saw him looking back at him and he was positive renjun threw him a small smile before bowing.

"i'll be fine. don't think too much and don't wander alone at night. bring jaemin with you here if you want," minhyung's voice made the tanned male tore his gaze from the latter standing like a statue down there.

"i will," donghyuck reassured as he was pulled into a hug, breathing the scent of his husband that calmed down his mind.

as minhyung pulled away, he pecked donghyuck's cheek. "i love you."

donghyuck closed his eyes hearing the comforting words. "i love you too."

the warmth of minhyung's body left him as he walked towards the petite general. "let's go renjun."

"minhyung!" donghyuck shouted from the porch that made the latter turned around and caught sight of him. "don't break your promise.."

minhyung smiled and breathed out. "i won't."

just like that, donghyuck watched the two figures slowly disappeared from his sight behind the wooden gate and a heavy sigh left his lips, praying inside his heart that everything was going to be alright.

🌻🌻🌻

at one of the palace's hall, an unexpected meeting was conducted, proposed by the ministers. the king sat on his throne looking at a particular minister, brows furrowed at his statement.

"my son-in-law is having an affair?" the king snapped, fuming hearing the unexpected news.

several gasps were heard, filling the hall as state councilor lee bore his gaze toward the one who had spoken about his son. "why is it out of the blue that you decided to bring up this matter?"

"it is not out of the blue but the rumor has been going on for a while even before your son got married to the crown prince. how could you not know about this councilor lee?" he asked in disbelief.

"with whom does he has an affair with?" the king beat councilor lee before muttering any words.

"with the late general lee jeno, your majesty," councilor kang butted in, keeping his poker face as councilor lee was taken aback by the name of the person mentioned.

the king balled his fist and took a deep breath, trying to control his anger.

"we need to do something about this, your majesty. it's a disgrace and we can't let it spreads outside of the palace. it will ruin our nation's name," one of the ministers said with a concerned voice.

councilor lee's didn't know what to do at the moment. he needed to think fast to save his son. "but we don't have any proof for this groundless accusation!"

"bold of you to assume that councilor lee, i have the person who knows about this matter," councilor kang spoke up with a smirk lingering on his face, longer than he intended to. "if you'll allow me, your majesty, can i bring in the person at this moment?"

the king was having a mental debate if this rumor was true or not because he was sure, he chose the right person to marry his son. however, thinking about his nation, the reputation of his nation, he couldn't let it slip. even if it was just a rumor.

with a single nod, the guard opened the door to let the person in and donghyuck's father couldn't believe his eyes when he saw the familiar figure.

donghyuck was going to his father's quarter, trying to clear his mind from thinking about negative things. he skipped his way and knocked on the door. he knocked twice, thrice and the number increased after some time of doing so. but all donghyuck received was zero answers.

he saw one of the maids at the back of the house, drying some clothes before hanging them on the line. "where is councilor lee? and jaemin?" donghyuck asked, startling her.

she bowed immediately showing respect for the superior, some of the remaining clothes were still in her hands. "councilor lee is out to meet the king since the morning and as for jaemin he's--"

"your highness!" jaemin's voice interrupted the maid from speaking and donghyuck turned his body to look at the latter.

"jaemin!" donghyuck squealed happily as he ran to him and engulfed him in his arms.

"why are you here? i mean where's the crown prince, he's not coming with you?" jaemin asked, scratching his temple.

"yeah he has some work to do and he's away for a week," donghyuck replied. "where were you just now?"

jaemin avoided his eyes from donghyuck as he swallowed thickly. "uh, i wanted to get some fresh air."

donghyuck raised a brow as he looked at the latter weirdly. "are you okay? you look pale," donghyuck stepped forward to rest the back of his hand on jaemin's forehead but the latter flinched.

"donghyuck.. i.. i was walking by the hall where your father, the king and some ministers are and i heard.." jaemin was sweating profusely as his body shook, looking down at his feet.

donghyuck didn't get what jaemin was trying to say but by his expression, donghyuck was alert that it wasn't something good. "what is it jaemin?" donghyuck's voice was just above a whisper.

"they've found out about your affair with jeno.. and the worst part is.. they're going to interrogate you until you tell the truth.." jaemin's eyes watered as he tried not to imagine how painful it would feel. "..you know how it will be carried out, right?"

donghyuck's breath hitched when the main gate of the quarter was being forcefully opened, four armies were striding toward him.

"j-jaemin! what are t-they doing?!" donghyuck retreated as he hid behind jaemin. "hey! let me go!" donghyuck squirmed as he was captured in the stronghold, kicking his feet in the air.

"i-i'm sorry.. i'm really sorry.." jaemin cried silently as he watched the tanned male struggled to escape.

🌻🌻🌻

|to be continued|

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 14.7K 28
Mark finds out his best friend is in love with him by "accidentally" reading his diary one night. But he doesn't know what to do about it, being the...
205K 5.7K 29
[Mature Content]🔞 Mark Lee's Slut Slipping down the pole felt the best for young Haechan, to feel his dick slide on the silver, to make every young...
5.8K 344 10
markhyuck ┅ donghyuck is desperate to find mr. sweet kisser. ❝should i make you feel heaven in seven minutes?❞ ▬ ON GOING ✎ markhyuck fanfiction. ©...
63K 5.7K 49
Donghyuck, a university student known for his carefree lifestyle, has his world turned upside down when he accidentally crosses paths with a child na...