Bad Reputation | Montgomery d...

By AvoidingDoomDays

"He's got a bad reputation" [Social Media x Real Life] BASED IN SEASON 1 | NO ONE DIES (Scott Reed is in it e... More

Characters
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.

08.

4.6K 58 8
By AvoidingDoomDays

[Abigail's POV]

I walked into school, the day after the game, and went straight to the lockers where the jocks stood. I walked through the crowds of people and as I was just a few metres away from the group, I noticed Monty's face. He had cuts all over and he had a severe black eye. I gasped as I got to the group and they all looked at me.
"What happened to you?" I inched closer to Monty and traced my finger over one of the cuts.
"Nothing, it's none of your business." He replied bluntly and I raised my brow, backing away from him.
I frowned slightly at his response. I thought we were friends and he cared enough to tell me but clearly not.
"God Montgomery there's no need to be in a mood with me, I asked what happened, that was it." I rolled my eyes.
He went to speak again but I turned to the girls, "Can we head to bio early, I need to hand in some work."
The girls nodded and the four of us headed to class, without me saying another word to Monty.

[Monty's POV]

The girls walked away and I whispered "fuck" under my breath. I didn't mean to come across like that but I couldn't tell her what really happened.
"Why did you speak to her like that?" Scott looked at me.
"I fucked up...I just couldn't tell her what really happened." I frowned.
"Bro she's going to find out about your home situation eventually. Just talk to her." Bryce patted my shoulder.
"You're right." I sighed, rubbing my temples, "I'm going to head off to try and find her."
I walked off down the corridor to find her.

*Time Skip*

I was unable to find her all day and at lunch, the girls weren't sat with us. I decided to spend lunch, sat alone on the bleachers on the football pitch. I sighed as I held my head in my hands.

Monty🖤
Where are you?
Read 12:12pm

Monty🖤
Please Abi, I need to speak to you
Read 12:14pm

Monty🖤
I know you are reading these
Read 12:15pm

Monty🖤
Look I'm on the football pitch, if
you want to know what happened come
down here and I'll tell you x
Read 12:16pm

I groaned as the words read appeared on the screen once again and I threw my phone violently across the grass in front of me. My head dropped into my hands and sadness overcame me. I had fucked up. I cared so much for Abi and all I did was treat her like shit.

[Abigail's POV]

I walked around the corner and noticed a figure sat on the benches with their head in their hands. Knowing who it was, I made my way over to them and noticed something on the floor a few metres in front of them. I picked it up and sat beside them.
"Be careful, you could've smashed it." I smiled and Monty looked up, smiling at the sound of my voice.
"Thanks." He half smiled, grabbing his phone.
"You know you can always talk to me." I said, reassuring him.
"I know it's just...I don't open up to many people." He sighed.
"I understand that. It's always difficult to do that." I nodded, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
"No, I do want to." He said quickly.

We sat in silence for a few seconds before he spoke once again.
"I-I got in a fight with my dad last night." He said, emotion laced in his words, "It happens quite a lot but last night was pretty bad. I left my bag at the bottom of the stairs because I was really tired and just forgot to take it up. I went upstairs and my dad came in a few minutes after me..."
He paused and I looked into his brown eyes, noticing that they were glazed over with tears. Monty never cried and seeing him like this broke my heart.
"...He came into my room with a bat and just went crazy. I ended up staying over at Bryce's." He sighed.
"Monty." I looked at him, noticing the hurt that filled his eyes, "I'm so so sorry."
A single tear rolled down his cheek and I pulled him into a tight embrace. I felt his tears soak into my jacket and I ran my hand through his hair in a soothing manner.

After a few moments, he pulled away and wiped his face with the sleeve of his chequered shirt.
"Please don't tell anyone." He looked at the ground and I placed my hand on his knee.
"I won't don't worry, I promise." I smiled, causing him to smile slightly back.
"Do you want to skip last? We can go get Starbucks?" He suggested and I nodded.
"Sounds great." I replied and we both got up, heading to the carpark together.

Liked by dempzee, abi_reed and 1,237 others

montyy_cruz I bought her Starbucks and she doesn't hate me anymore😊

Load all 126 comments

abi_reed I never hated you, you just annoyed me🙄Although if I get Starbucks every time I 'hate' you, I might do it more often❤
montyy_cruz Hmm I'll have to remember that next time😂❤abi_reed
scott_reed You are a terrible influence on her, she should be in Maths🤦‍♀️
dempzee Why don't you buy me Starbucks when you annoy me?😕
montyy_cruz She's top of the class so she already knows it all anyway🤷‍♀️scott_reed You aren't as nice as Abi is so that's why😂dempzee
brycemoney23 Aye bro did you get some?😏
monty_cruz Fuck off🙄brycemoney23
itsfoley🤔cheerstojess
cheerstojess OMG I THINK IT'S HAPPENING🤞itshannahbaker heyy_sheri
heyy_sheri ASDFGHJKL I CANNOTTTT😍
itshannahbaker Omggg❤

Girliess

Jess💙
Spill the teaaaa Abi

Abi🥀
What tea? I'm confused🤷‍♀️

Sheri🧡
You and Monty! Are you guys a
thing or what? We need to know

Abi🥀
We went out for coffee AS FRIENDS!
That was it, there is no 'me and Monty'😂

Hannah💜
That's a shame, you guys would
be pretty cute😊

Sheri🧡
Has Monty ever actually had a
girlfriend?

Jess💙
No I actually don't think so😂

Abi🥀
Wait really?!

Jess💙
Yeah, he's obviously hooked up with
people but I've never seen him spend
time to get to know a girl and fall for her

Hannah💜
OMG Abi you could be his first
girlfriend, so cute!!❤

Abi🥀
Ugh you guys are too much sometimes
How are you and Clay, Hannah?😊

Hannah💜
We are good thanks. I mean
I'm good, not completely sure
about him

Abi🥀
You and him need to just date
already, like seriously👌🏻

Hannah💜
As if he would ever like me or ask
me out😕

I grinned at my phone and came up with a plan. I decided to message Jeff and we both came up with a plan to get Hannah and Clay together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 117 28
montgomery de la cruz x reader jeff atkins x reader scott reed x reader justin foley x reader *I DONT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS EXCEPT Y/N*
174K 2.6K 23
Montgomery De La Cruz was a popular jock who seemed to have anger issues. Skylar Smith is a shy nerd who doesn't get noticed. But when her best frie...
44.4K 719 11
(COMPLETE) ❧ The universe had the habit of such convenient coincidences. "You deserve the world. I'm just glad to be in it." Highest ranking - #1 in...
104K 4.3K 63
so take a chance and don't ever look back. [ joshua bassett x original character ] [ social media & real life ] [ part of the good times and the bad...