The Rising Queen

By penelope__xx

When the last leaf of the old oak falls As the white winds blow, and the night owl takes watch. The darkness... More

Author's Note
Introduction
Chapter 1: The French Court
Chapter 2: Heathen fires

Prologue

884 16 4
By penelope__xx

Narrator POV

"When the last leaf of the old oak falls
As the white winds blow, and the night owl takes watch.
The darkness will try and consume her.
She must take flight as a little bird.
She must rise from the ashes
And become the Queen she is destined to be.
She shall reign."

King Solon stood by his close friend, Nostradamus, the reputed seer. The king was granted a prophecy in return for his kindness. He had allowed a foreign tribe to take refuge in France. He looked down at his wife's swollen belly as he held her hand. This would be the second child that his god had blessed him with. He was slightly disappointed that his wife wouldn't be giving him a son, but after hearing the prophecy he was overjoyed. He worried for their future queens safety. He worried for his daughter, and he hadn't even met her yet. At that moment he knew that she was a miracle baby, sent to the earth to do great things...

A few nights later

Thunder storms were heard outside. The wind howled in fury. The lighting had struck down trees and set homes on fire... That was the least of the kings worries, his beautiful wife had gone into labour. She screamed in pain as the contractions began to come faster. It caused dull ache in her back and lower abdomen.

The queen finally brought a beautiful baby girl into the world, who let out a loud cry. King Solon rushed into the room and looked down at his baby girl. Terrified of holding her, in fear that he'd crush her. He sat down beside he's wife who began to breastfeed the babe. "What shall we name her my king?" asked queen Sayla. The king looked down at his daughter, who had already managed to steal his heart and said, " I your father shall name you Adeena because you will be noble, delicate and gentle, but I will call you Shaye because you'll be determined, accurate, ambitious, independent, strong, wise and everything a queen is meant to be."

The king and queen held their daughter and thanked their god for giving them this blessing.

***

4 years later

"Adeena, come here little dove, " the queen called after her sweet little girl who was chasing butterflies in the castle garden. Adeena's hair hung loosely in a braid that reached her shoulder blades. She picked up a woven basket which held all of her treasures and bolted towards her mother.

Hand in hand they walked to the court yard, only to find the prince, Aidrean up to no good. He chased the nobelmen's daughters with a stick that held a dead rat on the end. Aidrean fell onto the ground laughing at the girls reaction.

He realised that his father was watching him and thought that he'd for sure get a good whopping, but to his surprise the king bellowed of laugher. The king thought back to when he was younger, and he saw himself in his son.

Adeena dropped her basket, picked up the stick and chased her brother around the court as he shrieked. Both the king and queen giggled.

They stood there in silence watching their children play.

***

12 years later.

When the last leaf of the old oak falls
As the white winds blow, and the night owl takes watch.
The darkness will try and consume you.
You must take flight little bird.
You must rise from the ashes
You shall reign.

Adeena woke up panting, covered in sweat causing her hair to stick to her forehead. She layed there still... Unable to interpret what had just happened in her dream..

***

Shaye, it's time for the feast, we can't keep our guests waiting. " Solon Asgaud called for his daughter to join him. "I'll be there soon father." Adeena stated as she allowed her mousy brown hair to fall into its natural shape and got dressed in a blush pink gown.

She always wondered why her father called her Shaye and not Adeena. She decided that she would ask him on their regular morning walk the next day. She already knew that her father would be busy all evening due to the folk festival that is taking place.

Her gown

As she took a long stride out of her bedroom she noticed that the sun had already began to sink. She walked down the long corridor of the French court towards the dining hall. She was used to the stares people gave her, even though she didn't always understand why, she knew that she was considered traditionally pretty, but she never thought she'd have the type of beauty that men lusted for and women envyed.

As she entered the room the royal entry announced her arrival. "Princess Adeena Asgaud, first of her name. Daughter of King Solon Asgaud and Queen Sayla Asgaud." She swiftly but gracefully made her way to the long table at the end of the hall as people admired her beauty in awe and she sat next to her father who gently squeezed her hand in assurance. King Solon knew that she was not always comfortable in huge gatherings. She would have rather been outside in the wood with her horse Trapper.

Trapper

She sat there in comfortable silence eating her supper and enjoyed the company of those around her. While the festivities all around her brought this day to an even better ending.

Meanwhile on the coastlines of Frankia

(okay so in this story I was contemplating wherether or not to make ivar a cripple. I wanted to keep to the original but I have so many ideas of what I could do if he wasn't.)

All five Ragnarsons were seated at a table, with Bjron and Ivar at the heads of the table.

"HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU ALLOW THAT FOOL OUT OF YOUR SIGHT!!!" Ivar boomed to his older brother Hvitserk. "I saw a pretty slave, and well... I got distracted," he replied with a chuckle. "You saw a pretty slave huh? WAS THAT AN EXCUSE TO ALLOW OUR PRISIONER OUT OF SIGHT!" Ivar said with a scowl on his face.

"Brother you do realise that our plan could be ruined if the imp gets to Frankia." Bjorn stated bringing attention to what was at stake.

All four of the younger ragnar sons began to argue over who's fault is was and who would have to go after the Imp. Bjorn being the responsible one, slammed his hands on the table to grab everyone's attention. "Now, we can sit here and argue like little children or we can settle this as men and come up with a reasonable solution," he said eyeing Ivar. "We should send troops to hunt him down, and make sure he doesn't get to Frankia. He couldn't have traveled far." Brjon said then stormed off to collect his sword. He mounted his horse and ushered for his brothers to do the same. They all rode of into the night hunting down the Imp.

Back in France:

Laugher and music filled the walls of the castle as everyone celebrated the Folk Festival. It was soon replaced by the loud thunder heard outside. Everyone yelped in fright when the castle doors swag open to reveal Tyrion Lanister, drenched in rain.

"We're in danger my king, " was all he said before he collapsed onto the floor

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 6.8K 64
စာရေးသူ - ယွီရှောက်လန်ရှန်း ဇာတ်ဆောင် - ရှန်ချန်းလင် x ချင်ရှောက်ယွီ - ယဲ့ကျင် x ရှန်ချန်းဖုန်း
279K 19K 161
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
6.1M 395K 74
Losing this war means captured by the enemy empire and considered as their prostitutes and servants. Dreaming that situation made my heart race even...
A Secret Ambition By Laura

Historical Fiction

125K 11.4K 34
Before giving herself over the the inevitable marriage mart that is the London Season, Lily Beresford is determined to make a clandestine foray out i...