𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒...

By tomsturridge

*previously titled; "The Warg and The Green Dreamer" and this story follows the books* Lyanna is the twin si... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Eight

4.3K 119 19
By tomsturridge

For the first time in fourteen years, she felt unsafe, she had a sleepless night, all night she begged the Gods for her father's return, her twin brother, her half brother, her mother and her sisters. Rickon was so confused that he did not knew what was going on. "Theon is now Prince" Bran told him.

Lyanna wondered how Theon came here, he was a brother to Robb and to her. She immediately loathed him after he executed Ser Rodrik. She can't stay here, she has to get out of Winterfell and warn Robb, or Jon. Lyanna looked out the window, Theon's guards were everywhere at day, but not at night, it was nearly dark and so she left her chambers.

"Where you think you're going, girly?" Theon's guard was standing by her door.

"I have to see my brothers, do you mind?" Lyanna was annoyed, "Ask your lordly Prince if you like. As if I could jump out of my window and escape, I would die if I do that, you think I'm that stupid enough to do that? Now excuse me"

She walked up the stairs to go to Bran's chambers, hoping Rickon will be there and she wondered where Jojen and Meera were. How can she and her brothers escape Winterfell? Theon's soldiers were everywhere, guarding every gates and corners.

Rickon wasn't in Bran's room, but Jojen and Meera were, they were playing a three sided board game.
"Where's Rickon?" Lyanna sat on the bed where Bran laid.

"In the kitchens with Hodor, he was hungry" Bran answered, "why?"

"Nothing" Lyanna said, "but I may have something in mind to get us out of here"

As night came, her room was dark but only one candle lit by her bedside, she looked out the window, she only spotted a few soldiers in the Courtyard. They will know we escape Winterfell, Theon will look for us, she thought.
She pretended to sleep when one of Theon's soldiers came by to check on her, Theon's orders were to sleep at night, same with Bran and Rickon. Jojen, Meera and Hodor will be out there waiting. When she peeked out of the door, no one was around, and so she went up the stairs towards Bran's room, Rickon and Hodor will go to the kitchens to get food and they will meet in Bran's room.

She found Bran in his bed, looking asleep, but perhaps he was only pretending and thinking Lyanna was someone else.

"Bran, it's me" She whispered and closed the door.

"Lyanna, is it time?" Bran asked quietly.

"We just have to wait for Osha's signal"

It was Osha's idea to seduce Theon, she said he will get tired after he was done with her like all men do. "What of Jojen and Meera?" Bran asked.

"They will meet us there" She told him.

Just moments later, she heard someone was coming and opening the door, Lyanna startled that hid at the side of cabinet and Bran quickly lay down. But it was only Rickon and Hodor. Hodor had a bag and Rickon had a purse.

"There were too many, they're eating all of our food" Rickon said, "we couldn't get more and we would get caught"

"It would be enough for at least a few days" Lyanna said.

Robb will hear the news of Theon's betrayal soon, once he does, he will be angry that he will execute Theon. She warned him that morning...

"Robb will kill you" Lyanna told Theon, "Once he finds out what you've done, he will not hesitate to kill you even if you beg for mercy"

"Don't worry, it'll be long until he finds out, once my sister arrives with more men" Theon made sure as he sat on the high chair that Robb and Lyanna once sat, "Since you're my prisoner, my hostage... and since you're much valuable, perhaps you and I will wed"

Lyanna looked at Theon like he was stupid, "If you're thinking that if Robb ever falls and the whole North sides with me, you have not forgot Bran and Rickon, Bran is Robb's heir and Rickon will be Bran's... And you know well enough if I marry you, I will strangle you and die trying"

Theon laughed.

Lyanna continued "What you've done to Rodrik... I hope one day Gods will punish you for your betrayal and you will suffer in endless agony before you die" she made a lady-like bow and then mocked "My lordly Prince" With that, she walked away.

Lyanna quickly hid behind the door with a teak plank in her hands while Bran sat on the bed and, Rickon and Hodor hid behind the cabinet. Just as the guard entered the room, Lyanna knocked him out unconscious. She took the sword and two knives from the guard. She searched every pockets on the guard. She ripped some Bran's clothing to make a rope to tie the guard's hands and feet and around his mouth. Lyanna handed a knife to Bran and one for Hodor.

Just moments later, Lyanna heard Osha's signal, Lyanna ordered Hodor to carry Bran and she grabbed Rickon's hand. Osha was looking out "We have to hurry" She said. They followed Osha quietly out of the tower. "I had to wait for Theon to fall asleep" she whispered, "Ran into trouble on the way, I had no choice but to kill that man"

Lyanna understood, and they continue to make their out of the tower. Osha and Lyanna had to knock out the guard at the entrance, Lyanna hit him with a stone while Osha caught him and they both put his unconscious body in the broom cupboard. As they walked by the walls, they heard laughter from the Great Hall, cheers and chattering, Lyanna thought they all must be drunk and fooling around. They doubled back from the gates.

Just as they reached the tunnel into the darkness, Rickon gripped tightly on Lyanna's hand, she could tell he was terrified, she knew Rickon was terrified of darkness. "Spiders..." Rickon's voice trembled in fear, "the dead... they whisper"

"Jojen" Lyanna called quietly towards the darkness, she held on Hodor's belt to know where they're going, it was so dark that they couldn't see anything, "Meera"

They moved further and further until they could not see the entrance. They finally saw a bit of light down the tunnel on the right, they turn right and they met Jojen and Meera. Meera sighed, sounded all relieved "We were getting worried that you might've got caught" she said, she had a candle in her hand.

There was Visenya, Summer and Shaggydog behind Jojen, "Visenya is a good girl" Jojen said, "she listens very well, thanks to her that she lead her brothers down here"

Lyanna half smiled.

"Now what?" Rickon asked, he hugged Shaggy, his direwolf was almost the same height as Rickon

"Hodor?" Hodor seemed confused as he put Bran down on the ground.

"We wait" Osha replied, she sat down and leaned back against the wall, "they'll think we all escaped Winterfell, they'll be out there looking for us, they won't look here"

"Old nan said this place is full of giant spiders and large rats" Rickon said.

"There's nothing down here, Rickon" Bran promised.

Lyanna immediately remembered something and said "As long as we stay quiet, no ghosts and spirits will hurt us" They were far from the entrance, the crypts was big that it was the size of Winterfell and they were just underneath their home.

"Lyanna" Bran groaned as Rickon looked frightened.

They all seated on the ground and Lyanna sat between her brothers with Visenya, Summer and Shaggy walking around in the tunnels to look out. "You were just a baby, Bran" Lyanna said, "no bigger than Rickon now and I doubt you remember"

"Remember what?" Bran said.

Lyanna slightly smiled and then she clearly remembered that one good memory...

They were a lot scarier than now, she told herself. She'd been just a little girl as Arya or small as Bran the first time she saw them. Her brother Robb had taken them down, her, Arya and Sansa and baby Bran, who'd been no bigger than Rickon was now. They'd only had one candle between them, and Bran's eyes had gotten as big as saucers as he stared at the stone faces of the Kings of Winter, with their wolves at their feet and their iron swords across their laps.
Robb took them all the way down to the end, past Grandfather and Brandon and aunt Lyanna, to show them their own tombs. Sansa kept looking at the stubby little candle, anxious that it might go out. Old Nan had told her there were spiders down here, and rats as big as dogs. Robb smiled when she said that. "There are worse things than spiders and rats," he whispered. "This is where the dead walk." That was when they heard the sound, low and deep and shivery. Baby Bran had clutched at Lyanna's hand.

When the spirit stepped out of the open tomb, pale white and moaning for blood, Sansa ran shrieking for the stairs, and Bran wrapped himself around Robb's leg, sobbing. Little Lyanna was ready to laugh until Arya stood her ground and gave the spirit a punch. It was only Jon, covered with flour. "You stupid," she told him, "you scared the baby," but Lyanna, Jon and Robb just laughed and laughed, and pretty soon Bran and Arya were laughing too.

Bran softly laughed, so did Rickon, the memory made Lyanna sad but dared not to show because she wanted her brothers to smile even at bad times. "Arya was must've been at Rickon's age" She told them, even Osha, Meera and Jojen listened, "Robb and I were probably almost at Sansa's and so was Jon. Don't be scared, Rickon, there's nothing down here but us and Shaggy"

Rickon nodded, looking more positive and than ever.

"Get some rest" She told her brothers, "we'll all be here when you wake up"

Rickon put his cloak on the ground and lay down on it. Lyanna placed her cloak on him as Bran just lay with his eyes still open. Jojen questioned Lyanna "Do you think it's better if there's no light" he looked at the candle he was holding.

"Not yet, let's wait until they fall asleep" She replied.

While Osha left the spot, she and Meera discussed that they will take turns to look out. Lyanna just stared at the light in Jojen's hand who was seated in front of her.

"You take good care of them" He said.

"They're my brothers" She said as she eyed at him, "Someone has to. With father gone, Robb and mother are at war, and Jon at the wall. I promised to take care of them" she shrugged.

Lyanna was curious about this boy, if he dreamed of the future, she asked "Have you dreamt about your fate?"

"You mean death?" Jojen gazed at her, Meera seemed anxious to hear it. "No" he shook his head. "Maybe not yet"

"Do they scare you? Do green dreams ever scare you?" Lyanna questioned again.

Jojen hesitated, "Sometimes"

"You don't ever look scared" She told him, he just laughed quietly and softly. Lyanna gazed over Bran, who was now has eyes closed and could be sleeping by now. Rickon was fast asleep, he was like a baby and he was already snoring.

"You need to rest too" Jojen told Lyanna.

"So do you"

"I will"

"Well, I suggest you should sleep now--" Lyanna said, she leaned to her side to lie down, "--because if Hodor sleeps before us, we won't able to. He snores louder"

"Hodor" Hodor nodded, he smiled and proudly.

Meera had joined in, she'll sleeping only a few hours because she and Osha have to take turns to look out. "Sleep now, Jojen" Meera said and she lie down on her back.

Just as Lyanna closed her eyes, Jojen blew out the candle, and there was nothing but darkness and only the direwolves' breathing and steps can be heard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 122 34
It's about a girl who gets teleported in the world of asoiaf and then gets through the timelines 08.10.2023 nr7 #yandre 27.10.2023 nr1 Daenerys 04.03...
210K 6.5K 93
When the snows fall and the white winds blow; the lone wolf dies but the pack survives. Aris Stark, eldest daughter of Eddard and Catelyn Stark is t...
119K 3.2K 24
Roanna Stark, the blue rose of the north. The heart of her family, the eldest born daughter to Ned and Catelyn - twin to Robb, their eldest son. Roan...
27.4K 588 15
Juliana Mormont is the only girl at the Night's Watch and has always been somewhat of an outsider but her life changes drastically as she finds herse...