Forbidden

By Violaplayer44

(Sean Renard) Paityn is Nick's older sister. Also a Grimm just like her brother. They both work on the police... More

Chapter 1 Pilot
Chapter 2 Bears will be Bears
Chapter 3 BeeWare
Chapter 4 Lonelyhearts
Chapter 5 Das Gift von Grimm (Own Idea)
Chapter 5.5 Danse Macabre
Chapter 6 The three bad wolves
Chapter 7 Let Down Your Hair
Chapter 8 Game Ogre
Chapter 9 Of Mouse and Man
Chapter 10 Organ Grinder
Chapter 11 Tarentella
Chapter 12 Last Grimm Standing
Chapter 13 Three Coins in a Fuchsbau
Chapter 15 Island of Dreams
Chapter 16 The Thing with Feathers
Chapter 17 Love Sick
Chapter 18 Cat and Mouse
Chapter 19: Leave It To Beavers
Chapter 20: Happily Ever Aftermath

Chapter 14 Plumed Serpent

352 4 1
By Violaplayer44

Paityn woke up curled into a ball on her bed. She sighed a bit and sat up not looking forward to when her stomach was going to be so big she would have difficulties sleeping. She went downstairs and began making Lyra breakfast. Lyra was waiting for her food and Paityn smiled setting it down for her. She had only made her some specially cooked beef for once instead of wet cat food. Lyra had already gained weight and Paityn knew she already had to lose that. 

Paityn went upstairs and took a shower real fast. She got out driving all the way to work and walking in sitting at her desk. By now, Wu knew about the pregnancy. When she told Nick and Hank, it was a week ago. She was 5 weeks. Not showing quite yet but Paityn knew she was getting there. Paityn was about to sit down until Hank sighed.

"Oh gosh. What is it?" Paityn asked.

"We got a case. Copper stealing. But we got two burnt bodies." Hank said. 

"Thank god I stopped eating breakfast," Paityn said as Nick looked at her worried for a moment. "Nick, don't." Paityn laughed a small bit.

~~~

The trio arrived and got out of the car. Paityn walked to the gate with Nick and Hank beside her. Wu was waiting for them.

"Where are the bodies?" Nick asked.

"Downstairs in the basement," Wu replied.

"What condition?" Hank asked. 

"Toast," Wu answered.

"We have an I.D. yet?" Paityn asked. 

"It's gonna require dental work but we got the pickup, registered to Joseph Oliver, a small-time operator. I've arrested him a couple of times for stealing scrap. But, I couldn't tell you that was him in that basement." Wu said. 

"That doesn't sound like much fun." Paityn sighed. 

"We got the owner of the building, Lance Truman, waiting to talk to you. Found the break-in this morning, called it in. The guy with him is his contractor." Wu said.

"Arson downstairs?" Hank asked. 

"Yeah. Vance, he's downstairs doing the prelim. You wanna talk to Truman?" Wu asked.

"Let's see what the bodies have to say first," Nick said. 

"Okay...It's pretty rank down there." Wu said. He gave them some form of an ointment to put under their nose so that way they don't smell as much down in the basement.

~~~

They were walking down the stairs and saw the Arson investigator. Paityn gave a friendly smile.

"Morning good sir," Paityn said laughing a small bit. Vance laughed a small bit.

"Good morning Paityn." He said. 

"What do we got?" Nick asked.

"Not a heck of a lot. Two dead...Men, I think." Vance said. "Don't know the source of the fire, but it happened pretty quick, so whatever they were working with, it was extremely volatile. Don't know the source of ignition yet either." Vance said. 

"Usually you don't burn a body unless you're trying to cover up a homicide," Hank said.

"Well, that's if they were dead. Burn patterns suggest ignition occurred here, and they were thrown up against the wall as a result of the blast." Vance said. Paityn winced.

"So someone doused them first?" Nick asked.

"Explosion like this had to be," Vance said. 

"Gasoline?" Hank suggested.

"No. We would've been able to tell. The gasoline we could've smelt." Paityn said crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Exactly. I'll know more after I run some tests, but here's the odd thing. A body has to burn for a few hours to reach this state of immolation. So whatever it was got really hot really fast. Like, getting hit with napalm." Vance said. 

"That's kind of brutal," Nick said.

"Let's talk to the owner," Hank said. 

~~~

"This is the third building I won that's been hit. Anything copper, they take it. I put fences around my buildings, I padlock them. It doesn't make a difference. They just cut into any type of lock I put on it." Lance said.

"Well, they didn't use a welder's torch. There's no clean-cut mark. It's like...the whole area around the latch is melted." Nick said.

"I don't know what they use but that's the same as all my other buildings," Lance said. Paityn watched Hank kneel by a spot of black goo on the ground. He carefully touched it.

"This feels like oil," Hank said.

"Anybody got a match?" Paityn asked kneeling beside him.

"Lighter," Lance said. Lance handed Paityn his lighter and she gave him a small smile. She tried to light it and it sent up a small flame up and Paityn backed up a bit. "Well holy shit." Paityn scoffed. 

~~~

"Am I reading this right? Lipids?" Sean asked as they walked into his office.

"Yes, basically human fat," Vance said.

"Human fat? Are you sure?" Sean asked.

"No mistake about that. Mixed with a lot of methane. If sprayed and ignited it'll flash and burn and become intensely hot." Vance said.

"Where does someone get that much human fat?" Sean asked.

"If it wasn't human, I'd say a butcher shop. However, since it's human..." Paityn started.

"Maybe a morgue?" Vance suggested. 

"We're running samples for DNA," Nick said.

"We think it's a homicide," Hank said. 

"Why?" Sean asked. He looked partly confused but also curious. 

"No evidence of ignition at the scene," Nick said.

"Whoever set them on fire had to take whatever they used with them," Paityn said. 

"The same substance was used to burn through the lock on the gate and the lock on the loading dock door," Hank said.

"We found other instances of similar break-ins, all at abandoned or shut down properties," Nick said.

"Someone stealing copper is nothing new. You check with the scrap yards?" Sean asked. 

"Yeah. According to them, they aren't seeing any copper." Hank said.

"So whoever's stealing it isn't selling it. Makes a lot of sense." Sean said shifting around and Paityn tried to think of something when knocking was heard making them turn to face Wu. 

"Sorry to interrupt. WItness just came in. Says he saw somebody running away from that building last night." Wu said. Hank and Nick went out and Paityn started to follow but Sean grabbed her arm as Vance left.

"I want you to be careful on this one." He said quietly. He gently kissed her head and she smiled. 

"I will. Promise." Paityn smiled. Sean nodded and let go of her allowing her to go out where the man was helping the sketch artist draw the man.

"Yeah, that looks quite a bit like him." The man said. Paityn looked over his shoulder to the drawing nodding trying to remember it when Wu came back over.

"Lance Truman got attacked outside the building where we found the burn vics," Wu stated. "Patrol car en Route," Wu said walking away and Paityn quickly followed not hesitating. 

~~~

Paityn got out following Nick and Hank as well as Wu into the building. Paityn went with Wu. As they were walking something fell behind a few boxes. Wu sent two men to split up while Paityn trailed behind him with her gun out. He radioed to Nick and Hank.

"We got movement up here." He said quietly. They kept going slowly. Paityn was prepared to shoot if need B. "I heard something." Wu radioed. 

"In the shipping and receiving area." Paityn radioed. She kept going with Wu "Toward the back." Paityn finished. Abruptly they were sprayed with something and the both of them were coughing. Paityn tried to look around to see him but she couldn't see or breathe.

"We got sprayed..." Wu started. Paityn gasped a bit trying to breathe through the stuff. "Can't breathe." Wu finished. 

"Move back. Run." Nick said. "Do not fire your guns," Nick said. Wu and Paityn began slowly moving back hitting objects and Paityn fell to the ground trying to breathe and coughing. She barely saw Nick and Hank get over to them. "Stay where you are," Nick said. Paityn coughed and she watched him turn green and fire launch from his mouth. Paityn ducked a bit covering her face to protect herself burning her hands a small bit and she winced at the pain. When the fire stopped Nick ran to her. 

"Nick. Is he gone?" Paityn coughed. Nick nodded but Paityn couldn't see it. 

"He left. Are you hurt?" Nick asked. Paityn's hands were shaking from the pain and Nick grabbed her wrists carefully trying not to hurt her. "We need to get you to medical," Nick said helping her up and Paityn wrapped her arms around Nick not able to move her hands without pain. Nick kneeled for a moment and then put one arm behind her knees and the other behind her back and then lifted her to carry her. 

"Is she alright?" Hank asked. 

"I can't see and my hands are on fire Hank," Paityn yelled out. 

"Are you alright?" Nick asked Hank.

"Yeah, I'm good are you?" Hank asked. 

"Yeah," Nick said flashing his light around. 

"Uh, I'm not. This stuff is in my eyes, my nose my ears." Wu said. Paityn tried blinking but it didn't work.

"I saw him. Definitely the guy with the scar. We need to get them both out of here." Nick said.

"Yeah, let's get them out of here," Hank said as they began walking.

"I like that idea a lot," Wu said. Nick's phone was ringing and he managed to answer it while carrying Paityn. 

"Burkhardt. Yeah? It's Vance. He got DNA results on the lipids." Nick reported. Paityn coughed trying to get the crap out of her lungs. "We got an I.D. Go ahead," Nick said as they sped up.

~~~

Paityn was back at home trying to take a shower. She refused to put her hands under the showerhead because they burned so bad. She ended up putting gloves on to be able to wash her hair. 

When Paityn finished, she got out and got dressed in a long sleeve light grey sweatshirt with a black leather jacket on that Nick lent to her. She wore black leggings as well as her same boots from before. They were the only thing that didn't get soaked by the Lipids. Paityn took the gloves off and she managed to put a special burn lotion on her hands to help heal them and then wrapped her knuckles and the back of her hand in gauze. She went out to her car getting in driving back to the station. 

~~~

Paityn walked in seeing Sean, Nick, Hank, and Vance all around the desks. Hank was the first to notice her. 

"Hey, Pait. How are your hands?" He asked. 

"In pain, but I can see now," Paityn said giving a small smile. Sean looked at her hands concerned and then looked at Nick after he hung up.

"Why didn't I know she was injured?" He asked. Nick hesitated as Paityn went to sit at her desk. 

"I had to get Paityn home," Nick said. Sean was tempted to yell at Nick but Paityn cleared her throat. 

"What do we got?" Paityn asked. 

"It's not a home phone or a cell phone. Got an answering machine for a club Trop Chaud." Nick said.

"The Too Hot Club?" Paityn asked confused.

"That's what it sounds like," Nick said. "Maybe she works there," Nick questioned. 

"It's on Nick and I's way home. We can check it out." Paityn smiled standing up and Sean was about to say something to interject but Paityn stopped him. "Sean. I'll be careful. Plus, I'll be in a room full of people who I'm sure will help if something happens. And I have Nick." She gave him a reassuring smile and he looked unsure for a moment. 

"Fine." Sean murmured through his teeth. He looked at Nick. "If anything happens to her, anything. You call me." He said. Paityn rolled her eyes with a smile walking over to Nick. 

"Let's do this," Paityn said and she began walking out with Nick trailing behind her. 

"Has Sean been that protective the whole time?" Nick asked.

"No. Only since he found out I was pregnant." Paityn sighed. Nick nodded and they got to their cars.

~~~

They walked into the club and Paityn looked at Nick. He nodded and they walked up to the girl.

"Show's already started, but if you're both alone I can squeeze you in." She said. 

"Oh, I'm..." Nick said. He took his badge out and Paityn barely managed to get her badge out. "Looking for Ariel and Aidan Eberhart. You know them?" Nick asked. Paityn wasn't aware that there were two people. The girl laughed and opened the curtain a bit exposing a woman and a man fire dancing on stage twirling fire on sticks around. 

"There they are." The girl said. They walked in carefully and Paityn sighed. 

"This is not going to be fun." She murmured. Of course, the room was too loud for Nick to be able to hear her. They watched the two dance on stage. Aidan and Ariel looked over to them and they both woged into what looked like dragons. Paityn's eyes widened. Aidan smirked looking at Paityn and Paityn let out a soft growl.

Nick looked around and suddenly left seeing Monroe. Paityn sighed walking over with him. Monroe looked at them both confused when they sat down.

"Nick? Paityn? I mean this isn't the last place I would expect to see you both. I guess it is pretty low though." Monroe said taking a sip from his drink. 

"You come here a lot?" Nick asked.

"What? Me? No." Monroe said. Paityn smirked crossing her arms. "Yeah, sometimes," Monroe said. Now Nick looked at him unsure. "Okay, a lot. Come on, she is smoking hot." Monroe said. Paityn sighed looking up seeing Aiden watching her and then continuing with the tricks. 

"I got a case involving her father. He's some kind of a..."Nick started but was unsure.

"Daemonfeuer. You sure we should be conversing like this here?" Monroe asked. 

"Not at the slightest." Paityn sighed giving him an apologetic look.

"I was hoping you'd say that," Monroe said taking yet another sip of his drink. Nick gave Paityn the 'Really?' look and Paityn shrugged. 

"So Daemonfeuer?" Nick asked. 

"You just said we weren't gonna do that in here," Monroe said. 

"Correction, Paityn said she wasn't," Nick said. Monroe gave a small glare. Paityn hit Nick's arm. He winced but didn't do anything about it. Paityn stood up going to talk to them in the back while Nick irritated Monroe more. She got to the back rooms and knocked. Aidan was the one that opened the door. 

"I'm Detective Burkhardt. I need to ask you and your sister a few questions about your father." Paityn said showing her badge. Aidan smirked allowing her in. He was shirtless with only a skirt around his waist then went to his knees. He sat down on a stool and Paityn leaned against the wall behind him. 

"Lucky me," Aidan said and Paityn tensed up. She didn't trust him one second. She looked at his back seeing a dragon tattoo on the right side of his shoulder. "I had that tattoo before the books came out." He smirked. 

"I'm investigating an arson-related homicide, not a tattoo," Paityn said. He stood up and faced her. he let his skirt slip off and Paityn avoided looking at anything below his collar bone. 

"Am I your first Daemonfeuer? I hope so. You're my first Grimm." He said as he grabbed a robe and began wrapping it around himself. Paityn sighed in relief. "I was a little worried I wouldn't get to see you again. Although I have to say you're not exactly what I was expecting." He said. 

"What did you expect?" Paityn asked. 

"Grimms are bad-asses. And that's kind of a turn-on." Aidan said and he got close to Paityn so they were less than 2 inches away. Paityn tried to back up and failed. "Unless of course, you're gonna cut off my head," Aidan said. Paityn regained composure.

"I'm looking for your father, Fred Eberhart," Paityn stated and Aiden turned around going back to the desk. 

"You're not gonna find him here." He said. 

"He's a suspect in an arson investigation. Two men died." Paityn said. Aiden turned to face her.

"So you figure where there's smoke there's an Eberhart?" He asked quietly. 

"Do you know where he is?" Paityn asked. 

"No." He quietly said.

"When was the last time you saw him?" Paityn asked. She wanted to leave as fast as possible. 

"My father's a bit of a lost soul detective. After my mother passed away, he wasn't himself anymore. He blamed himself. Maybe he should have. He didn't protect her. Anyway, He couldn't handle it. Especially my sister and I. I kind of lost both parents at the same time." Aidan said. Paityn nodded. 

"Does he have any friends who might know where he is?" Paityn asked softly trying to sound more comforting.

"I wouldn't know. I wish I did." He murmured. "Sometimes I really miss him." He said and he paused. "You sure it was him?" He asked.

"Yeah." She sighed.

"So you want to put my father in prison and you want me to help?" He asked her as if it was a joke. Paityn tensed back up. 

"I want to stop him before he hurts someone else. Maybe even you." She handed him a card with her information on it. She walked out of the room and saw Nick waiting. Paityn shivered. 

"This is horrible. I feel like death and I want to go home and sleep." Paityn said and Nick laughed. 

"I have one last plan," Nick smirked. Paityn groaned. 

"Don't make me." She whined. Nick chuckled pulling her along to his car and getting her in. 

"Now, we wait," Nick said.

~~~

Paityn and Nick followed Aidan and Ariel home. When they parked outside their house they got out and Paityn sighed looking at Nick. 

"This is your genius plan?" Paityn whispered. 

"Just go to the other side," Nick whispered. Paityn cursed under her breath. She began walking behind the right side of the house seeing some flame out of nowhere in the back. She slowed her walk and kept going. She sighed when she was abruptly tackled down by Aidan. She yelped as he laughed and abruptly kissed her. Paityn quickly slammed her fist into his throat yelping in pain and scooting back after he let go. She pulled her gun out aiming it at him as he laughed. 

"You fucking touch me again I'll shoot." She growled.

"Lighten up." He smiled standing up. Paityn was shaking as she held her gun ignoring the extreme pain shooting through her hand. "I thought I was hot." He laughed.

"Wait a minute here," Paityn growled.

"No, I'm glad you stopped by. Next time, try using the front door." He smirked getting closer to her. Paityn took a step back.

"Don't you fucking dare come closer." She growled. "I saw something in your backyard and came to check it out." She said.

"You did. I was doing a little purging." He said. Paityn's phone began ringing and she paled realizing it fell out of her pocket. Aidan found it first picking it up. 

"Hello, this is Paityn's phone what do you want?" He smirked. Paityn paled even further. She could hear Sean's voice through the other side. 

"Who is this?" He asked.

"This is a friend of Paityn who's this?" He asked smirking. 

"Give me my damn phone before I break your wrist and force you too," Paityn said. Aiden rolled his eyes. 

"Where's Paityn?" Sean asked. 

"She's right here with me," Aidan said as Paityn started trying to get her phone back. "Hey, take it easy, baby. Ow, oh, that kind of feels good." Aidan said and Paityn slapped him hard across the face. "Which one is Sean?" He smirked.

"Sean I can explain everything," Paityn said. 

"I can't wait to hear it. Your place. 25 minutes." He said and he hung up. Paityn turned to Aidan. She started backing up and went to Nick's car. She saw Nick waiting with his shirt ripped open. He shared the same look she did. She got in and he floored it to her place letting her out. Paityn saw Sean already there and waiting. His arms were crossed and he was looking at her with an unreadable expression. She let them both in and Sean grabbed her arm.

"Who. The hell. Was that?" He asked. 

"Aidan. He's the brother to Ariel in the case. I went to their house." She said. 

"And how the hell did he get your phone?" Sean asked. 

"It fell out of my pocket." She said. He scoffed.

"Yeah. Sure. It just slipped out right into his hands." Sean said. 

"Sean. I know how it sounds but that's what happened." Paityn said. He looked at her not believing her. "Fine. I was hit." Paityn said. Anger flashed through Sean's eyes and he growled going to leave. 

"I'm going to find him and teach him a lesson," Sean said and Paityn grabbed his arm getting him away from the door.

"We need him not arrested to help find their dad," Paityn said. Sean looked at her and paused for a moment. 

"What else does he do besides knocking you down?" He asked. 

"He is a fire dancer." She sighed. Sean laughed running his hands through his hair. "I could not make this up even if I wanted too. Sean twitched a bit and he turned around showing his woged side. Paityn looked at him unfazed by the most part. 

"How do I know you're not lying? How do I know this isn't some trick?" He said. He started walking towards her fast and she got cornered as he put his hands on either side of her head. Paityn looked at him in the eyes.

"Look into my eyes. Does it look like I'm lying to you? Would I ever do that to you?" She asked. Sean paused looking at her and he quickly slammed his lips onto hers cupping her face. 

"It doesn't. I love you so much." He said in between kisses. 

"I love you too." She smiled into the kiss wrapping her arms around his neck gently. 

~~~

Paityn woke up the next day ready to go. She stood up getting dressed and ready. Her hands weren't as sore. She still took pain meds just in case. She didn't want to take chances. Although despite getting to work a bit late, she still had a smile on her face. Hank looked up from his desk smiling.

"Look who's glowing." Hank smiled. Nick looked at Paityn in awe and she laughed a small bit.

"I don't mind the glow. What do we got?" Paityn asked. Hank smiled pointing to the map. 

"According to the map, one of the rails leads right into the hills," Nick said. Paityn nodded looking at the map. It split into 4 tracks that went into the hills. Nick's phone began ringing and he picked it up. "Burkhardt." He smiled. He had a small conversation with whoever it was before hanging up. 

"Who was that?" Hank asked.

"Ariel Eberhart. Says she wants to help us find her dad." Nick said. Paityn growled losing her smile. 

"How?" Paityn asked.

"I don't know. Said she wants me to stop by her house tonight." Nick said.

"Really? You sure she's not playing a little badge bunny with you?" Hank asked.

"All I know is, you're coming with me. Paityn, stay home." Nick said. Paityn nodded not complaining. Nick called Juliet telling her and Paityn looked at Sean's office seeing him talking to another officer. She sighed and sat down at her desk as Hank and Nick got ready to go. 

"Have fun?" Paityn questioned. 

"I can't make such promises." Nick joked making the three of them laugh before leaving. When they left Paityn got a phone call. It was Adalind.

"Adalind? What do you want?" Paityn asked. 

"Hey, Pait," Adalind said. She winced hearing Adalind call her by a nickname only friends do. "I was hoping I could come over for a bit. Girl on girl time." She said. 

"Last time you tried that it didn't work out so well," Paityn said.

"Well, yeah but that was before I knew you were expecting," Adalind said and Paityn cursed under her breath. "I found out Paityn. I'll be over soon." and she hung up. Paityn cursed and stood up seeing Sean glance at her confused. He walked out going over to her. 

"What's going on?" He asked quietly.

"Your friend Adalind knows about the baby" Paityn whispered. Sean paled and Paityn gently kissed him. "I'll deal with it. I love you." She said. 

"I love you too. Just be safe." He said. She nodded and quickly left not hesitating. 

~~~

She got home and got inside seeing Lyra sitting on the stairs and she meowed looking up the stairs. Paityn went up the stairs and into her bedroom. Adalind was sitting on her bed fidgeting with one of Paityn's books she had. 

"What do you want Adalind?" Paityn asked. 

"Just checking in. If I'm correct, you should be around a month along right?" Adalind asked. Paityn growled. 

"How did you find out?" Paityn growled. 

"I have my ways. Now. We have a few rules. A few methods with babies." Adalind smirked as she stood up and walked over to Paityn. Paityn took a step back. 

"How I deal with my baby is my choice. Not yours." Paityn said. Adalind kept walking closer cornering her. Paityn was against the wall as Adalind gave her a creepy smile. 

"Actually, due to how little you know about Hexenbiest, and how much I know about Grimm..." Adalind started knowing Paityn knew how to finish it. 

"I don't care Adalind," Paityn growled. Paityn pushed Adalind away and Adalind sighed. As she was about to speak something crashed downstairs and Paityn whipped her head seeing a shadow of someone. She looked at Adalind. "Go. Through the window." Paityn whispered to Adalind. Adalind didn't hesitate to get out of the window and leave. Paityn pulled out her gun and began walking down her stairs slowly so they wouldn't creak. When she got to the bottom she looked around. Lyra was on her counter sleeping. Maybe it was just Sean?

Paityn was suddenly grabbed from behind with someone's hand over her mouth and around her waist holding her tightly. Paityn struggled hard to get free but the person quickly used the pressure point by her jaw to knock her out to the ground before Paityn had time to fully react.

~~~

Paityn woke up tied up and she saw Juliet in front of her tied with copper. Paityn looked around trying to get a general idea of where she was. All she saw was a big railroad and tracks. Paityn moved her fingers slowly to see how much she was tied up. She felt at least 3 different things of copper wire holding her together. Paityn rolled to face whoever was behind her. She saw Aidan and Ariel there. Aidan looked at her and smirked. Paityn growled and she grabbed Juliet's hand trying to undo her wire but Aidan coughed up the lipids onto her and she stopped knowing she was going to get killed along with Juliet.

"Good choice," Aidan said. Paityn let out a small growl trying to figure out what to do. Aidan grabbed Paityn bringing her inside the cave and leaning her against the wall. He smirked looking at her and he turned around grabbing Ariel's hand when she was done with Juliet. They ran off somewhere and Juliet tried to get free. Paityn slowly shuffled over to her and grabbed the wires carefully trying to get them off. Paityn suddenly felt a buzzing and Paityn saw her phone was left in a pocket she had inside her jacket. 

She leaned down grabbing her zipper with her teeth trying to drag it down. She struggled to do so only getting it down halfway.

"What do you think you're doing?" She heard Aidan say as he went over to her and she let go of her zipper to look up only be to punched directly in the face. Juliet screamed out in fear and Paityn glared at Aidan as he took her phone out and answered it.

"Ah, it's you again. Sean is it?" Aidan asked. Paityn growled trying to get free and Aidan kicked her face making her fall to the ground in pain with a bloody nose. Paityn shook and she laid for a moment. Suddenly as Aidan is talking to Sean Monroe comes up behind him shoving him to the ground and grabbing Paityn's wrists untying them while taking off the gag and getting Juliet. Paityn grabbed her phone seeing Sean had hung up. Paityn stood up carefully going to follow Monroe and Juliet but Aidan grabbed her leg making her fall.

"Let go of me!" Paityn yelled. Aidan didn't and Paityn kicked his face with her free leg and Aidan yelped. Paityn stood up running. She watched as Nick was fighting Fred and Paityn grabbed a copper pipe tossing it to Nick. Fred turned around coughing at her and Paityn dove behind a shield-like object protecting herself from the fire. When it stopped Paityn watched as Nick rammed him into a wall. Paityn ran out of the cover and grabbed a pipe again as Nick punched Fred. Fred knocked Nick over and Paityn watched as he woged into a dragon again and Paityn ran forward slamming the pipe into his chest. Paityn watched as he fell to the ground and Paityn backed up by Nick. Nick wrapped his arms around her holding her close to her.

Paityn was in so much shock she couldn't register anything yet. The adrenaline was still flowing through her bloodstream.

"Dad. You fought valiantly, daddy." Ariel said kneeling beside her dad. Aidan stayed standing watching Paityn and Paityn clutched her phone tightly. She would have to call Sean back.

"You didn't help him," Nick said.

"But you did," Ariel said.

"He died with dignity. Now it's our turn." Aidan said and they both began coughing and spinning around. Paityn grabbed Nick's hand dragging him backward. Nick followed her outside the cave and Nick let go of her hand going to Juliet hugging her. Paityn stopped watching the blast form and Paityn's legs began giving way. Monroe caught her fast so she wouldn't fall.

"We need to get us all home," Nick said quietly.

~~~

Paityn got to her house thanks to Monroe and Paityn walked inside slowly and shut the door. She stood there for a moment and she walked to her bathroom looking in the mirror. Paityn finally let the tears fly down her face. Paityn splashed cold water on her face and walked over to her home phone that was on the counter. She dialed a number she knew too well and waited.

"Hello?" She heard Sean's voice.

"Sean. I-it's me." Paityn said quietly.

"What the hell happened? Who the hell was that on the phone?" Sean asked.

"I-I was taken. Sean, I can't think straight right now." Paityn whimpered.

"I'm on my way. I'm bringing you to my place." Sean said. Paityn nodded and she hung up. She sat down on the stairs shaking so much it looked like she was shivering. When Sean walked in Paityn looked up and Sean froze. "Oh god, Paityn." He said. They both walked towards each other at the same time wrapping their arms around each other. Paityn clutched his jacket tightly as Sean swayed back and forth slowly to keep her calm. "I want you to move in with me." He whispered. Paityn just nodded not able to say anything.

"Let's just go. Please." Paityn whimpered. Sean picked her up carefully and being followed by Lyra who wasn't going to be left alone again.

"I got you. I got you." Sean whispered as he kissed her head softly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67K 2.2K 63
You and your brother Nick are thrown into the world of the Grimms after the death of your aunt. Trying to navigate this new life, you find yourself m...
22.4K 593 40
I've grown to love the tv show called 'Grimm', my favorite characters are: Nick Burkhardt, Hank Griffin, Monroe, Rosalee, Juliette, Captain Renard an...
5.8K 132 20
After the fall of beacon Ruby, Jaune, Nora, Ren, and Kaz set off on there journey to Haven academy while Qrow and Zack watch over them from the shado...
20.7K 647 22
It has been two years since Y/N Grimm's life changed. Her brother has now embraced who he is as "The Thing" in the superhero group "The Fantastic Fou...