Assassination Time (BxB)

Por JerryDaMouse

Most people mistake Skylar Kennedy as a girl. Maybe because he has long hair, short, his voice sounds girly a... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5.5
Chapter 6
Chapter 6.5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Character Profiles
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Afterword
Join My Discord Server

Chapter 24

9.6K 215 69
Por JerryDaMouse

Hope you like it!

"Let's make a deal, sweetheart," Lex announced. They were standing 5 meters from each other, face-to-face in an abandoned building with Roy and one of Lex's men at the sidelines.

Skylar felt uneasy but didn't show it to them. "Why should I make a deal with you?"

"You can get something out of it if you win," Lex smiled. "What do you think of this? If you win, you can kill me. But if I win, you'll be my wife."

Skylar glanced at Roy and he nodded stiffly. "Okay, fine. It's a deal." After a few seconds of staring at each other, Skylar slowly walked up to Lex.

"Oh, I see that you're approaching me. Instead of being scared of losing, you're coming right at me?" Lex chuckled.

"I can't fucking kill you without getting closer," Skylar replied with a cold glare.

"Oh ho, then come as close as you like." When they were 1 meter from each other, Skylar ran up to Lex, grabbed the pocket knife with his left hand and swung it at Lex. Lex's eyes widened and he backed away. The tip of the knife grazed Lex's neck and a small amount of blood seeped from the wound.

"Tch." Skylar flipped his knife and he aimed for his throat again. Lex grabbed Skylar's wrist as Skylar tried to punch him. Lex caught his fist and lowered them.

"Who said that you could use knives?" Lex questioned as he cocked his head to the side.

"No one said that we couldn't use knives," Skylar replied with a small smirk. He lifted his leg and kicked him in his ribcage. His smirk widened as he heard a low sound of Lex's ribs cracking. Lex's grip loosened on his hands and Skylar threw the knife. Lex was quick enough to move his head to the left. They heard a loud bang from the wall behind Lex.

"That was dirty," Lex smiled as his left eye twitched a little.

"I have to play dirty sometimes. I'm an assassin after all." Lex tried to hit him with a left hook, but Skylar managed to cover his face with his right arm before Lex's fist connected to his face. Skylar steadied himself and glared at him as he felt the place that Lex hit him throbbing. Skylar used his left arm to punch him as Lex landed a kick on his right leg. Lex staggered a bit as Skylar leaned a little on his left leg.

Lex touched his lip. When he looked back at it, he saw that his fingertips were covered in blood. "Oh my. What do we have here?"

"Maybe you don't know, but there isn't so much talking in fights," Skylar said.

"Ah, really? I didn't know."

Roy, who was standing at the sidelines with one of Lex's men, was watching them with full attention.

"There's only like 80 percent of Skylar winning this, considering the state that Skylar is in right now. Maybe didn't Lex notice it, but Skylar is so fucking scared of him." Roy covered his eyes with his hand and sighed. "Why did that idiot son of mine challenge him? I could've sniped him from the place that I was standing." Roy shook his head. "But of course he wants to end Lex himself. He's always being stubborn. I pray for Ashton."

Meanwhile

Ashton, who was watching Jumin and Parker play, sneezed loudly and wiped his nose.

"You need a tissue?" Parker asked, his eyes fixated on the screen.

"No, it's fine," Ashton replied back. "I wonder who could be talking about me," he thought.

Roy chuckled when he saw Skylar forcing Lex back with an uppercut. "That's gonna be Ashton's problem for now on." Roy glanced at his watch. "Oliver should be here soon."

Skylar roundhouse kicked Lex in the jaw and Lex fell face-first on the ground. Lex's body tumbled on the ground. Skylar ran up to him as Lex tried to stand back up. As Lex was on one knee, he saw Skylar quickly approaching him. He punched Skylar in his stomach and all the air in Skylar's lungs left him. He fell down and began coughing loudly. Skylar spit the distasteful taste from his mouth and got back on his feet. Lex swung at Skylar and Skylar was quick enough to crouch down on time. Skylar tried to kick Lex again, but Lex caught his leg. Skylar jumped as high as he can with his other leg and hit Lex at the same spot where Skylar heard his ribs crack with his knee. Lex got on his knees and Skylar kicked the side of his head. Lex lost his grip on Skylar's leg and fell on his stomach. Skylar put Lex in a lock.

As Skylar was holding Lex in a lock, Roy silently grabbed his gun and pointed at the back of the man next to him.

"Move and I'll shoot," Roy whispered in his ear. The man gulped. Roy turned back to Skylar and Lex.

"One wrong move and you're arm is broken," Skylar said as he put a little more force on it. "Any last words?"

"I'll always love you and I'll never forget you," Lex smiled.

Skylar felt his whole body tremble. "I hope that you'll rot in hell." He looked at the window where Oliver was standing with a sniper rifle in his hands. "SHOOT!" Oliver pointed the gun at Lex's head and pulled the trigger. Just before the bullet hit Lex's head, he got a flashback.

Alexander "Lex" Johnson was born in City B. With his two brothers, he was raised by his mom and his dad. His dad was a successful businessman and his mom was a housewife. His dad always ordered his mom around and she listened without saying a word back to him. Lex thought that that was normal when he was a child.

One day when he was 11, one of Lex's friends from school invited him for a sleepover at his place.

"I'll ask my dad," Lex responded.

"I hope he doesn't say no like he always does," his friend laughed as he hit Lex's shoulder.

"Haha, I hope so too. I'll tell you tomorrow morning what his answer was. Bye." They waved each other farewell and Lex walked back home. During his walk, he saw a small flower shop. He stopped walking and stared at the flowers displayed by the window. He took out the money from his pocket and counted it.

"I think that mom would like a flower like that," Lex mumbled to himself and he entered the shop. He heard a small bell ring and a boy his age came running to him.

"Hi! Welcome to our flower shop! What can I get you?" He asked with a bright smile.

Lex looked around. "I want to buy a pretty flower for my mom." The boy frowned and thought for a while. His face brightened again and he grabbed a white lily.

"I'm 100 percent sure that your mom would love this," the boy smiled.

Lex stared at it and looked back at him. "I'll take it then. How much does it cost?"

"It's 2 bucks." Lex handed him the money and the boy gave him the flower.

"Why didn't you tell me that we have a customer?" An older man asked. 

They both turned to him and the boy ran up to him. "Brother!" He cheered as he ran up to him. "He wanted to buy the lily that you ordered last time."

His brother looked down at him with a warm smile. "That's nice." Lex waved at them and with one last glance, he left the shop. With the lily in his hand, he found his way back home. Lex opened the door and was greeted with a quiet house.

"I'm home," Lex announced and he took his shoes off. He went to the kitchen and saw his mom cutting meat at the kitchen counter. 

She turned to him and her blue eyes brightened when she saw him. "Hi sweetheart," she said as she kissed his head. "How was school?"

"It was alright," he muttered. "Mom, I got something for you." His cheeks turned pink when he showed her the lily.

"For me?" She asked. Lex nodded with his eyes fixated on the floor. His mom took it from him. "Thank you, sweetheart."

"Mom?" She looked from the lily to her son. "Can I stay at a friend's house this weekend?"

His mom sighed and combed her long, blond hair with her fingers. "You know that I can't decide that. You have to ask your dad about it."

"I know," he mumbled. "But it was worth the shot."

The days passed by quickly and the driver dropped him at his friend's house. Lex rang the doorbell and his friend opened the door.

"Hi! I'm glad that your dad said yes." Lex laughed awkwardly. "Come in! My parents are in the living room right now." 

Lex entered and took off his shoes. "Where can I put my bag?" Lex asked.

"Upstairs in my room. I'll show you the way." His friend began walking already, but Lex stopped him.

"Shouldn't I greet your parents first?"

His friend sighed. "But I want to show you my room. I even cleaned it yesterday!"

"C'mon. It won't be that long. Where's the living room?" Lex asked. His friend showed him the way. In there, they saw his friend's parents watching a comedy show. His mom was laughing loudly as his dad almost fell asleep next to her.

"Mom! Dad! Alexander is here!" His friend announced and they both turned to him. 

His mom stood up and went up to Lex. "Hey, Alexander. I've heard a lot about you these past days. I'm very confident that my son won't bore you."

"Y-yes. Please take care of me," Lex stuttered. 

His friend grabbed Lex's hand and dragged him upstairs with him. "Call us when food's ready!" His friend yelled. When they got into the room, he closed the door behind him. He turned to Lex with a smile. "So? What do you think of my room?"

"It's nice," Lex muttered.

"Is that your only response?" His friend asked. He shook his head. "Never mind that. What do you want to play first?"

A few hours later they were called by his friend's mom. Lex and his friend looked up from their paintings.

"Food's ready!" They both stood up from the ground and ran down the stairs.

"What are we going to eat?" His friend asked.

Lex nudged him. "You can't just ask that! That rude," Lex whispered. His friend frowned.

"What kind of rule is that?" 

His friend's mom turned to them. "I wasn't in the mood to cook, so I bought pizza," she said. Lex stared at it with a raised eyebrow. "What's wrong? Aren't you a fan of pizza?"

"I've never tried pizza," he muttered. "My mom always cooks."

His friend gasped. "For real? Now, this will be your first try then!" As they were eating, his friend kept asking him if he likes it. Lex nodded in response because his mouth was full and his dad didn't like it if he talks with his mouth full. Lex was also glancing at his friend's parents because he isn't used to his own parents being together like that. His dad is always serious and his mom only smiles when he's around. Lex didn't know what was right and planned to ask his dad about it. 

The following day, Lex knocked on the door of his dad's office."Sir? Can I ask you a question?" Lex asked. 

His dad glanced at him and continued to read the newspaper. "What is it?"

"Not to be rude sir, but why can't mom say anything back to you?" He asked as his voice got lower by every word. 

His dad looked back at him and raised his brow. "Are you questioning my ways?"

"N-no! Not at all, sir!" Lex stuttered. "I'm just curious because at my friend's house it was different than here."

His dad sighed and stood up from his chair. He went to him and kneeled right in front of Lex. "What you saw yesterday at your friend's was just an act that grownups do when someone comes over. Everyone lives the way that we live. The men are the breadwinners and the women stay at home and do everything that their man asks them to do."

Lex frowned and looked into his dad's dull brown eyes. "So everything is just an act?" He asked.

"Everything's just an act, Alexander. Someday, you also have to find a wife and act when guests come over. That's just the way it is."

Back to the present

The bullet hit Lex's head as Roy pulled the trigger and killed the man next to him. When Skylar saw the color of Lex's face drain, he let loose of the body and went to his dad. Roy walked up to him and Skylar let himself fall. Roy caught him right on time and gave Oliver a thumbs up. Oliver nodded and packed his things up.

"We finally got rid of him Sky," Roy muttered. Skylar kept silent. "What do you want to do now?"

"I want to see Ashton," Skylar mumbled and touched his ribcage. "I don't think that my ribs are broken."

"We'll do a check-up first in the car." Skylar groaned. They silently walked to the car.

"Hey, dad. I want to retire as an assassin. I'm done with this lifestyle."

"I'm happy to hear that," Roy smiled.

"But can I come by and do some jobs when I want to?" Skylar asked with a hopeful smile.

Roy sighed. "Of course," he grinned. 

Skylar's phone rang and he picked up without looking at the screen. "Hello?"

"SKYLAR!" Parker yelled. "I CHALLENGE YOU ONE LAST TIME FOR A SUPER SMASH BROS 1V1! AND I'M NOT GONNA LOSE THIS TIME!"

Skylar chuckled. "You idiot. You're so dead!"

A/N HOORAY TO ME! I FINISHED THIS BOOK! I'M SO HAPPY YET LOWKEY SAD! Thank you to all the people who stuck with me until this point. It has been over 10 months since I started this book. I still remember coming up with characters in the car as we drove back home at midnight. And also writing the first chapter while screaming at my cousin that there's nothing wrong with gay people. To be honest, this book was supposed to take a bad turn after chapter 5, but I'm glad that I didn't do that. If I had to take a look at the book self, I'd give it a 7/10. The story is something that I'd read, I fucking love the characters and it's okay written (in my opinion then). The bad part of this story is that the beginning is cringy and I still have many regrets. But I'm not changing it.

If you're shocked about Lex's backstory, you're not alone. I had a mental breakdown for 2 weeks and I wanted to finish this chapter this week. So I came up with something. I hope that it wasn't shitty. And I'm not doing an epilogue anymore. I'm celebrating tomorrow (cause I'm getting paid tomorrow) and don't kill mice

-Jerry Da Mouse

Ps. I'm uploading an afterword chapter tomorrow to talk a little more about the spin-off

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.2K 71 42
When I first saw my neighbor, My heart is racing, and I can't see anything. I felt pain in my heart. Just seeing a girl made me feel like I had a hea...
14.5K 790 28
Kristof has a girlfriend... And she's perfect. She's smart, pretty,... but she's not, well, HIM. But it's ok. Because HE is straight af. So there is...
241K 10.3K 17
I was sold to the Russian MOB when I was three years old. It's the only life I know. I am eighteen years old and the best assassin the MOB has ever...
574K 18.9K 48
Ohio's life was nothing special to him, being adopted by two gay men, suddenly having two older sisters who are also adopted, and a somewhat sketchy...