Hold My Love

By PersadiaAmore

COMPLETED✔ "Her skin was the shade of dark chocolate and not the cheap shit, the expensive kind. The kind tha... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: The drug for his heart
Chapter 2: Hope for Tomorrow
Chapter 3:When it all began
Chapter 4: Puppy Love
Chapter 5: Those Stormy Grey Eyes
Chapter 6: Have Mercy
Chapter 7: One of a Kind
Chapter 8: Our thing
Chapter 9: Finding Me
Chapter 10: Confusion
Chapter 11: Oh Brother
Chapter 12: That type of Crying
Chapter 13: Teenage Drama
Chapter 14: A Liar with a Ring
Chapter 15: Goodbyes
Chapter 16: Mother Dear
Chapter 17: An abortion David
Chapter 18: An Honor
Chapter 19: Scotch and Cuban Cigars
Chapter 20: His Angel
Chapter 21: Ashley's, Becky's and Stacy's
Chapter 22: C4 Ripped tastes like DoDo
Chapter 23: Follow me Baby
Chapter 24: Alessandro
Chapter 25: Their World
Chapter 26: Does Love Beat All?
Chapter 27: He let her go
Chapter 28: Somebody's Wife
Chapter 29: Dirty Dancing
Chapter 30: The Boss
Chapter 31: 'us'
Chapter 33: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 34: Flying to the Moon
Chapter 35: His Family
Chapter 36: How the Rich Indulge
Chapter 37: American Men
Chapter 38: A Child, Andy
Chapter 39: A Dress fit for a Princess
Chapter 40: Sophia and Giovanni
Chapter 41: Crackheads
Chapter 42: Caught
Chapter 43: Jailbreak
Chapter 44: A bunch of Prudes
Chapter 45: Big Head's Cousin
Chapter 46: Lukewarm
Chapter 47: BABIES??
Chapter 48: Secrets
Chapter 49: A threat?
Chapter 50: The Jefferson's
Chapter 51: Gone too Soon
Chapter 52: Corporal Punishment
Chapter 53: New Normal
Chapter 54: 12/20/20
Chapter 55: Two Winners
Chapter 56: Paris
Chapter 57: Adoption
Chapter 58: A Jealous Man
Chapter 59: Amen's and Friends that kiss
Chapter 60: On the Run
Chapter 61:Now
Chapter 62: Maria
Chapter 63: Luca Grey Anastasi
Chapter 64: Revenge
Chapter 65: Divorce
Chapter 66: Birthday Boy
Chapter 67: Miscarriage
Chapter 68: Kidnapped
Chapter 69: Our Babies
Chapter 70: Safe House Shenanigans
Chapter 71: Progress
Chapter 72: A broken-hearted fool
Chapter 73: Redemption
To Fight For Aisha
With Love: The Motherland

Chapter 32: Thanksgiving

2.8K 205 17
By PersadiaAmore

I woke up to 222 votes so I'm gonna bless you all with 2 new chapters. Please remember to vote!

Thanksgiving with Giovanni was not awkward like I thought it would be. We had Samantha over because Gust went back to the hospital after being released for a week.

His condition was getting worse and Samantha was getting more and more withdrawn.

She would throw tantrums over the littlest disappointments and if she wasn't doing that she was looking off into open air with a blank look.

It pained me to see her like that. Having her around put me in like a mother figure. I love the little girl and I miss the joy in her face and her laughter in the air.

"I'm in the kitchen!"

I shout out as I hear Giovanni call my name.

Dumping a handful of sliced potatoes inside the hot oil I watch them sizzle and golden.

"Homemade french fries eh?"

He wraps his arms around my waist and I tilt my head to give him a kiss.

"Childhood traditions can never be broken".

"It's 3pm and you haven't eaten my love".

I shake my head, "On Thanksgiving we starve until the food is ready".

He chuckles, "Where's the little lady?"

I sigh, "She broke your purple vase so I sent her to the coach to cool off".

He smirks, "So in other words a timeout?"

I roll my eyes, "Yes but apparently it isn't cool for first graders to have timeouts so we have to call it 'cool off's' as requested by the little lady".

He nods sarcastically, "Noted".

A few minutes later Samantha comes back in her arms crossed tightly and her lips in a pout.

"I don't wanna go!"

"Go where baby?"

Gio comes in aswell holding his keys, "Samantha and I are going on a date".

"You told me I couldn't date till I was 30!"

"It's not that kind of a date, it's like a daddy daughter da-"

"But your not my daddy so it isn't! Because my daddy is dying at the hospital right now so everyone just f*ck off!"

It felt like everything stopped at that moment. I swear even the oil stopped bubbling and not a soul was breathing.

Giovanni spoke first, "Samantha go put on your shoes and wait for me at the door".

Sammy's face goes more red, "I'm sorry for saying a bad word and for yelling. I just-"

Gio gives her a stern look, "Do what I told you".

We watch her drag her feet away then finally I close my eyes and breath.

"Maybe it is best if she goes back to Melissa? I have never seen her behave like that and I can't help but think I am the reason. I have failed a lot in my life Giovanni but failing this child I refuse".

Gio sighs and kisses my forehead, "I shouldn't have said 'daddy daughter' and I think we all need to breath. I'm taking her out to 'Chloe's Painting class'. I am in no way trying to replace her father but I know what she wants and needs right now is a father figure. Let me just talk to her and let her know that I'm here for her".

I smile, "I love you Giovanni".

***

By the time Samantha and Gio return the food's done and is set up at the table. Samantha is in high spirits and I am curious to know what Giovanni did to bring her old self back.

"So tell me about your date Sammy!"

She smiles, "We went painting! I painted a flamingo and he painted a car".

I push her chair closer to the table on my way to my seat.

"Well that sounds lovely and I'm surprised you found somewhere open on Thanksgiving and in short timing Gio".

He removes his jacket and sits down, "It wasnt difficult actually".

I open my mouth to ask how but Sammantha cries out.

"I'm starving SoSo!"

Reaching out for their hands and close my eyes, "We have to say grace first".

Sammy sits up, "I'll do it because you always take forever!"

"Dear Lord, thank you for this food, thank you for SoSo and GG. Watch over daddy and AMENN".

I smile, "Amen".

***

After eating we end the night with 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' as requested by Sammy.

Giovanni wanted us to watch from the movie room but Sammy and I wanted a cozier setting.

"Here darling".

I look up to Gio carrying in another bowl of ice cream for Sammy.

"No Giovanni! Sammy, I said no more".

She pouts, "But the movie isn't done and it's technically GG's but he doesn't want it so he's giving it to me. And I haven't ate ice cream in a decade!"

"A decade means after 10 years which is a lie because you had some last night".

"Oh come on mio amore, it's already in the bowl".

I smile, "That's alright I'll eat it".

Sammy jumps up, "That's not fair!!"

I ignore her complaints and snatch the bowl from Giovanni's hands.

Shaking his head at me Gio gets on the floor and pulls Sammy into his lap leaving me cold and alone on the couch.

I roll my eyes, "How childish".

"Your one to speak?" He shoots back.

***

The next morning Alessandro brings over his pregnant girlfriend.

Valentina was very shy and has barely spoken but I can tell she is still very shocked from the change.

She was supposed to come the 22 but Less's mother wanted to meet with her and her parents to settle the dispute.

This lead her to staying in Italy a bit longer but now that she was here
It was a relief to Alessandro who truly does care.

Giovanni pulls Samantha off of the girl's lap, "It's time for bed cucciola".

Him and I have been taking turns putting the little girl to bed and today was his day.

Sammy kicks trying to break free, "No you said I could have 5 more minutes!"

"Five minutes ago. Now say goodbye to everyone so we can head up".

Giovanni let's go of her and she hugs Less who kisses her forehead then me.

"Sweet dreams Sammy and remember to say your prayers".

Still annoyed she ignores me, "How comes I'm the only one that has to go to bed while you guys don't?"

Gio sighs, "Your the only child bug now please go to sleep, I can see your tired".

"No I'm not and I want milk!"

I shake my head, she already had some. At this point she was just being fussy.

Knowing what the child's plan was, Gio swoops her up and caries her away.

We all giggle hearing her cry and complain.

"So Valentina maybe tomorrow I could take you to see the city?"

She beams, "Grazie, I would love that!"

I stand pulling her up as we walk upstairs to change into Pajamas.

"I'll invite my friend Sienna to come along too but I must warn you, she's a crazy one".

The girl laughs, "Don't worry there were a lot in Argentina. And I have been meaning to ask you?"

I slip on my silk nightgown and turn to her.

"Alessandro how is he...like of course I know him but again I don't know him..."

I smile, "He's super funny but gets annoying quick. He loves pasta-well pretty much anything Italian and Spanish".

I stop and take her hands, "He has a good heart but I want to warn you about his temper. Little things trigger him into rage and then he loses all control. I don't believe he would ever put his hands on you but...be careful".

I was not trying to scare her but she needed to know what she was walking into.

"My parents said if I keep the child then I must marry him. His family agreed and we will have a small ceremony before I begin to show".

I sit on the bed besides her, "What do you want to do?"

She laughs, "My opinion does not matter. It's either mary this man or abort the bastard. My family will disown me after the wedding. I heard my brother and father talk about it. I have embarrassed them and brought shame for falling pregnant before being wed".

She takes my hands, "There is another man...my parents had set up an arranged marriage with the son of the priest. Oh Sofia he was 20 years my senior and if he beats his mother then he can beat his wife. This baby has saved me, how could I throw it away?"

"Everything alright?"

We turn to see Giovanni at the door.

Valentina stands walking past him, "yes let's go".

"You heard?" I whisper to him.

"Yeah but Less was walking up and I didn't want him to hear".

I nod, "She should be the one to tell him when she's ready".

"How about we give them space to catch up?"

I can't help but laugh, "You just want an excuse to hold me".

***

The next day Sienna and I take Valentina to see the city. She grew up in a small village in Argentina so New York was something big to her.

We end up going to a nearby mall where Valentina buys a few clothing for the baby and I pick out my Christmas gifts. Sienna my spirit animal just shops for herself.

"What was this again?"

"A cheese stake, the ones from Philly are the best but these aren't bad. Not a fan?"

She smiles kindly, "Gracias but no. The meat taste...strange".

Sienna laughs, "Probably horse penis".

Valentine's eyes gow wide and her mouth drops.

I shake my head laughing, "She's only kidding".

Sienna gulp down some of my fries, "So how far along are you?"

"Three months".

"You want a boy or girl?"

Valentina tilts her head, "Alessandro wants a boy but I want a healthy baby-"

Sienna rolls her eyes, "Don't give me that. Everyone wants a healthy baby and everyone uses that as an excuse to not answer the direct question. I personally don't want any kids but if I do then only one and definitely a girl".

I smile, "So you want to be the fun aunt".

"Exactly! I want to watch everyone else have kids and spoil their kids then dump them back when I get a headache. But if I do have a child I want a girl. A mini me, boys clothing is boring and so are toys and hairstyles-"

I laugh, "Sienna sis, your gonna get all boys if you keep playing".

Remember to Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 59K 61
He stared down at me with those cold dark eye's. Backing me up against the wall with his hand pressed against my throat he growled out. "Do you know...
4.7K 152 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
988 74 10
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ Callin got on top of Blake, using his legs to...
901 33 7
/Blurb/ She wasn't sure who moved first but one moment she was standing there gawking at him and next their mouths were smashing against each other. ...