No More Tears, Julian (Indign...

By CoraStar_

What if you somehow lost your memory? How would you react if you discover that you're a creation that is curs... More

Prologue
Four Year Later (1)
Nightmares (3)
Confrontation (4)
Behind the Gates (5)
War between Lovers (6)
Memories (7)
Making the Dent (8)
Revelations (9)
Reactions (10)
Mends from Reveal (11)
Entrapment (12)
Katana and Longsword (13)
Pull Release (14)
The Confession (15)
Secret Coronation (16)
Hades (17)
Finding the Search (18)
Dark Control (19)
Annalisa (20)
Message (21)
Transcript (22)
Demon Astator (23)
Ankh-Life (24)
The War (25)
Epilogue

Along the Lines (2)

26 1 1
By CoraStar_

Along the Lines

Brandon and Alyssa are surrounded. Rock fans that clearly show on their clothing, screams fill their ears. The two best friends move to the front. There are no lights, other than the one from stage of course. She can easily tell how much this band affects the crowd. So far she's heard nothing, but greatness, to be expected of the concert. That's why the tickets were a little over ninety dollars. These tickets are more expensive than Warped Tour.

She raises her hands above her head and screams along with the crowd as the guitarist begins his solo. "Who's this band?" She screams over the dark clothed crowd. She was never one to like the rock fashion, but she can see how expressive it is. The style is refreshing.

"Trivium!" He doesn't take his eyes off the stage. He nods to the metalcore music. They hold hands and become another member of the crowd. The dark sounds are enticing. The power of destruction is like an adrenaline rush to her. It's the only type of music she can connect to. The lyrics that describe an unfair life, a betrayal, even broken love, is what she needs. It's like a therapeutic treatment for her. With each verse, she knows that there are others who suffer more. She's not alone. She'll never be alone in that aspect.

Trivium is replaced with another band. Alyssa gasps. The lead singer observes the crowd with narrowed eyes, and a grace of a queen. She can feel the pull to this strange woman. A pull she shouldn't have. The woman walks upstage and just stands. Everyone stays silent. She has on a beautiful ivory gown that flows magically as the wind greets her. Her midnight moon hair color is to be admired from afar. The length passes her knees in perfect waves. Her eyes are vacant as the crowd observes her. She is the image of a vengeful angel ready to strike.

A haunting melody starts. Then all you hear is the sound of several women creating a melody that has everyone dazed. The horror of the song, the tension is so beautiful. The lead singer falls down to her knees as she hears the invisible women sing that tragic melody. Her wavy hair falls in front of her face, shielding her from curious eyes.

"Wow." Alyssa whispers. She tries to take a step forward, but the lead singer lifts her head to stare straight at her. She knows it's not her imagination. It can't be.

"In my dreams you appear as a nightmare.

You dark my thoughts with every turn, every turn I take.

I don't sleep at night because you're haunting me."

Alyssa is being pulled into a trance. She starts to repeat each word that the woman sings. The singer's silver eyes never leave her violet ones. So it appears.

"Will I ever let you go?

Will you ever stop haunting my dreams?"

Alyssa questions herself.

"Let me break free from my reality.

I don't want to die knowing you're not here.

I gave you my heart; I left my soul to rot to you.

I gave you everything, everything.

The chains I have on are all of dead memories.

Still beating alive.

You left me to die; you left my heart to stop beating.

I have lived for a long time.

Centuries have passed me through the decades,

With the feel of your touch still keeping me here.

The kingdom you once lead long ago to destruction

Is the same one I saw you fall off your throne.

You became forsaken."

Alyssa has a memory of an image. More like a story. She can't put her finger on it, but she remembers it's something important. Something she should know. What sense does it make to remember something she can't figure out on her own?

"The bloodbath I've seen after your fall

The anger of the gods made you fall

Am I wrong to let you go when all you do is,

Haunt me."

"Am I?" She whispers to herself.

"Let me break free from my reality.

I don't want to die knowing you're not here.

I gave you my heart; I left my soul to rot to you.

I gave you everything, everything.

The chains I have on are all of dead memories.

Still beating alive

You left me to die; you left my heart to stop beating."

"What's wrong with me?" She stares down at the goosebumps that appear on her arms.

"Julian..."

Her heart stops for that moment. She can't breathe her only breath. Everything around her freezes as she hears that name. Torments come rushing back, and even though it's been four years she can still feel it ripping her apart. The nightmares she still can't let go without a struggle. Just one man who destroyed her. Just one man.

"Stop torturing me with all your lies.

The glorious love story is left unfinished.

I can't continue it alone."

"Stop." She weakly says to no one in particular. Her heart races as the painful nights reappear in a rush. How can she let go when everything he left behind still stays embodied in her memory?

"You will never come back to me..."

"Please stop." Tears fall down her face as she stares at the singer with grief.

"You will be the cause of my suffocation."

Alyssa knows she's singing to her, telling her, but her lips don't move. Only tears drop. The melody is suffocating her. She can't breathe correctly, or willingly. It's not just him, but everything that's happened after him. Julian. He was her friend, her lover, and now he's her memory.

"I still wait for you, I stare out my window.

Will your memories ever fade?

Will my heart ever forget you?"

Alyssa wipes her tears pathetically. No, no more tears will she shed on someone that holds no place in her heart anymore. No more. A gentle squeeze of her hand causes her to break eye contact with the mysterious singer. She turns around to notice Brandon's smile showing under the moonlight shadow. He hasn't heard it, actually hear it. It doesn't surprise her at all. He doesn't pay attention to detail like she does. She smiles back, knowing he can't see her bloodshot eyes.

Alyssa reluctantly focuses her attention on stage again. The woman is nowhere to be found along with her band. She hears everyone clap as another band goes on stage. This is strange. After ignoring Julian's name for years, now she hears it in a public place where she can't run. The air never felt so thin. The lyrics repeat through her mind like a whisper. As if someone knew, someone's giving her a message. Someone who has entered a door of her past tortures, and revealed them to the public for her to feel the agony of remembrance.

She turns to Brandon, a friend who has always been loyal to her. A true man who would never hurt her, the way Julian has. She hugs her best friend with a fierce need to reassure herself. He may question her sudden reaction, but he'll always welcome it. She pulls away and promises herself to forget the singer. She'll try to enjoy the night, but she knows it's better said than done. All she can see in her head are images of love, heartache, and remembrance. All those images surround Julian.

The world is so different if you see them through an Archon's eyes. They aren't angels, they're Elims, and angels are a common word for them. This type of Elim helps others, but they can't be helped themselves. A very rare form of Elim is one man who died and came back as punishment. His wings are a raven black color, but he isn't fallen. He's more imprisoned by his past. He's so much more than the wings on his back.

"Hey." A woman wearing a blue lacey dress stands behind the Elim. Her sobriety is in question. Those around him stay away from him. It's the energy he will always have. It's the energy of fear and horror that surrounds him.

"Hey." He responds back, turning away from her. He motions the bartender for another drink.

"So... What's your name?" She bashes her eye lashes at him, not caring if her presence isn't welcomed. He doesn't respond. He continues to take shot after shot. Not caring if the woman is throwing herself at him. He's not interested in dealing with a human tonight, or any for the rest of the nights to come. "I'm Libya, but you can call me Libby." She flits.

He turns to her with a fake and dazing smile, interest clearly showing in his rare black eyes. "Not interested." His smile drops to his frustrated one. He dislikes humans with no common knowledge. Does she not notice I'm not in the best mood?He thinks to himself. Clearly she doesn't. Women have no respect for themselves when under the influence of alcohol. It'll be the only way a woman might near him. He's a very dangerous being that everyone clearly notices. Women like bad men, but his version is more like a killer. Other than fear, they feel the attraction of him, and the need to please him. They ignore the darkness that comes along with it when intoxicated. He's worse than the best incubus. They might suck the life energy out of a woman, but he can easily give an order to have them commit suicide.

Women have passed him in his long life, but none of them spiked his interest, except one. One he decides not to acknowledge at all. He's five countries away from where she must be. Lucky for him, she could be dead. It would save him a lot of trouble, but he wouldn't want that. As much as he once thought that killing her would be best, he wouldn't go through with it. It's the life he's chosen to live through. One lifetime after the other.

The woman, Libby, analyzes his features. His short raven black hair compliments his pure black eyes. His eyes are like pools of darkness that many are too scared to gaze upon. He's a little too pale, but that's the way it's meant to be since he's supposed to be dead by now. He notices her admiring his hardness body that shows through his tight black shirt. The dark leather jacket that he has on just delights her more. Just the feel of her eyes on him is disgusting. He wants nothing to do with the human population at all unless it's for his benefit. Only then would he accept them looking at him like raw meat in front of a wolf.

The woman runs her fingers around his neck. The gesture reminds him of her. The one woman he loves and hates all at the same time. The woman who has destroyed him and killed the little bit of humanity he had. "You could be." Libby lays her hand on his upper arm and leans closer to whisper in his ear. "Some things you just can't turn down." She tries to be seductive.

The Elim has had enough. No human will ever disrespect his rejection. It's unheard of to his world to disrespect him and live. Only one man has done so and still walks and that is the God of all the gods.

He stands to face her. His rage and impatience showing in his black pools that's his eyes. His eyes turn all black with no whiteness surrounding them. Libby steps back, frightened. She may not know who he is, but she can feel the power and danger radiating off of him. His eyes give her a fear that runs deep to her bones. "Understand this, human. I am not interested." He gulps the last shot. He crushes it with his hands and the glass breaks between his fingers, but he doesn't scar. He's an Immortal. His eyes brighten at the fear that now drives the woman to run away from him. He likes that. The fear of those that don't even know who he really is. It's his enjoyment to do it. To drive someone into a fear that they'll never forget. It amuses him to no end.

He exits the bar with a knowing look. His thoughts run back to the times where he would purposely torment humans to rid himself of the ache in his being at having been betrayed once. No more will he let one woman control him and his being. He was born for greatness all those centuries ago, and now he's destined to live by his mistakes. Like a true man, he'll take his punishment as its set in stone. He steps outside. His eyes show no emotion as he jumps on his black motorcycle. He starts it when he senses something wrong. He races off as he senses the fear from the twelve year old girl he guards. He's going to get hell from his superiors if something happens to Anna. But then again, he's already in hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105 6 52
In a Sanctum built for angels and mages lives a boy of secrets who carries a cracked halo, and a girl with a hidden past who's seeking answers... ༺♡༻...
974 99 53
"That's what i meant... Sora, don't fall in love with me again, stop loving me, hate me if possible. It's for your own good". I said with my hand rea...
4K 732 59
After giving her life and sacrificing her safety, the betrayal Alyssa Frank finds waiting for her when she returns to Glory Academy is too much to be...
85 0 9
Some things are meant to be kept hidden and some people should never have got together. Talia knew it was dangerous to love him but she couldn't help...